Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April Modders

Morning everyone,
    Hey Drinkingal. Good job on your al reduction. Yup, I'll be doing an af Thursday and I still feel like I am going to try for an af weekend as well. Feeling really strong right now and healthy and I would like to continue the feeling. But I am making no promises for the weekend. Definitely af Thur and Fri.

Hi Rebirth. Yes I could drink something in between drinks but I only drink 3 as it is. But I should do that because I would drink less than 3. The moment I have something nonalcoholic I lose the desire to drink. So you would think that I would do that. Only makes sense but sometimes I'm thick headed.

Had a great workout today. Did cardio and legs. I'm not sure if I'll be able to walk tomorrow. I pushed really hard. Probably go for a walk tonight instead of back to the gym. Did that 2 evenings now and tomorrow we won't be able to walk 'cause I think it will rain. So would like to get outside today.

Enjoy your day everyone.
    MM
    "What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding." Elvis Costello

Comment

April Modders

Drinkingal - I'll join you for an AF Thurs. I'm hoping for an AF Wed, Thur & Fri. Then we're entertaining Sat nite. Dh is out buying martini glasses as we don't have any because we don't drink those. Know 3 of our guests do, however. I've overheard one of the friends coming over say, I can diet, I can exercise, but don't take away my alcohol!

MM - hey, some good workouts there. Unfortunately, I have a headache today - think I had 4 gl of wine last night. That's why it's easy for me to say now that I want to be AF the next few days. Ugh!

Rebirth - ET means Elliptical Trainer. Sorry, I post on a fitness thread and that's how we always refer to it. I like the ET for the benefits it gives the backside.

TMH
      The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

April Modders

Good morning modders,

I am guessing there is a few of us doing an AF thursday ? I havnt touched a drop of alcohol since sunday and tomorrow I intend to go to the gym after work for a circuits session. I will allow myself two drinks and thats it. x
        Be strong-
        We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
        Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

April Modders

Good morning! Count me in for an AF Thurs. Slept like a log last night rather than just getting my 5 or 6 hrs. Having some breakfast and then off to play in a Scramble (last Ladies Day golf tournament). Hopefully, I'll get more than just golf in for exercise but plan to do a grocery run too. Will see how long the energy lasts.

Rebirth - You brought back a memory for me. In my single days my BF and I broke up and I added a Fri night workout to my routine. Because I usually ran long on Sat. I added biking and got up to 20 miles. Now this was a stationary bike at the club (lived in MN where you can only bike outdoors maybe 4 months of the year.) It changed my shape. Hhhmmmm.

TMH

Comment

April Modders

Hi modders, I'm so glad I'll have some company af-ing it!

hi rebirth, yep I'm definitely in for an af day today, I really need it. I have to ask you, how did you go from drinking every night to doing sunday to thursday af? I really wish I could do that but I still struggle at times with af days. Did you build up to it or did you just decide to do it all at once? How do you keep on track with it and not fall back into old habits?

edit: glad to see you're in too TMH!

Comment

April Modders

Hi DG- Its been a very long process to get to where I am now. Two years ago I was a very heavy drinker.I could not stop drinking?! I drank every day, had a garanteed hangover on the weekends. I use to drink a glass of wine as soon as I woke up on the sunday morning and was drunk by midday. Thats how bad I was.
              Anyway I got thrown out of a nightclub because I was too drunk one night. I woke up the next morning feeling so depressed! t was the last straw for me. I knew I had to make a change. I decided to try out AA for about a year and found it very helpful in understanding my triggers to binge drink. But I still had difficulties going AF for more than a day.And the guilt and hangovers and depression and the tears etc etc still carried on…
              I basically hit rock bottom one day and said enough is enough to myself. And just like that, I stopped drinking from that moment. Afterward I did not touch a drop of AL for five months. It was tough but it helped break old habits. I retrained myself to be busy around the house in the evenings, I avoided pubs, friens who were heavy drinkers.I started exercising and became more mindful of my diet
              Then decided to try moderation. Members of AA said it wasnt possible for me to moderate because I was labelled a functioning alcoholic. So I left AA because they were not being supportive. And here I am 18 months later and still successfully moderating. I have no desire to drink from Mondays to Thursdays whatsoever. ;-)

Hi TMH
              I dont usually work out on a friday but my fiance is a real fitness freak so I thought we could both go together. Its something we both enjoy so thats better that than sitting around drinking. How did the bike change your shape? I bet you look really fit!
              Be strong-
              We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.

Comment

April Modders

Hi rebirth and thanks so much for telling a bit of your story and giving me some insight. I can definitely see how going so long af would break all those old drinking habits and give you a chance to start afresh. Maybe that's my problem, I've never really hit rock bottom.

I have managed to taper down from about 12-15 drinks per night to 4 where I am now so I know I can change my drinking habits and expectations. for example, I was definitely one of those people who thought the whole point of drinking was to get plastered, I mean that's the only reason to drink right? but over time and tapering down I realised what a stupid and crap objective that was, and it wasn't enjoyable being that drunk and out of control, nor were the hangovers from it. I had to retrain myself to get used to drinking less to even realise in hindsight how pointless and NOT enjoyable that was. now, I like the fact I get a bit buzzed now but not smashed and out of control.

If I can find a way to get more af days in and get my head in the right place about it, I think I would be happier. at times I've felt like it was all so easy to do that, but then I started struggling with the af days again, I'm not even sure why, but maybe I just need to break my habits a bit more, and create some new habits in the evenings like you did. You've given me a lot to think about!

Comment

April Modders

Count me among those who only ever really drank to get really drunk, that was my whole purpose.

For the other modders, is this the same for you guys? Are most modding to say, 1-2 drinks several days a week? Or are any others goals like mine, to once in a while (key there) drinking to a buzz or slight drunk only?

Comment

April Modders

For me Nutmeg, my goal is to only drink Sat and Sun and to have no more than 2 glasses of wine each of those nights. But lately it has crept up to 3 and on Friday too. I don't drink M-Th. But this week I am trying to go for an entire af weekend. I have not had anything to drink since Sunday. I am wanting this because I have not been feeling well after drinking and have been getting depressed and paranoid as well. So we will see how it all goes. I totally agree with Rebirth in getting out of the routine of drinking. I think for me, it is all habit and I would like to break that habit. Also, I forget where I read this, maybe on this thread but someone said that al negates the benefits of exercise. That REALLY concerns me. Then why am I killing myself at the gym when I blow it all with al. Stupid! :damn:
                    MM

Comment

April Modders

Hi MM and Nutmeg

I also drank to get totally paraletic as I didnt see the point otherwise. But you can retrain yourself to think very differently. I dont ever want to get out of control again..ever. Because of my AF days, I find that just two drinks will give me a mellow buzz now. What works for me is a drink every hour. It really helps in monitoring how my body is reacting to the AL.

And yes AL hinders your metabolism.

I have been on a low calorie and low carb diet for the past two weeks and I have lost a grand total of four pounds!! Thats alot for someone who only needs to lose ten.
                      Be strong-

Comment

April Modders

Hey, guys, well I didn't make it AF last night. Had 3 stretched out over as many hours. Feel fine today. Biked up to Fitness Center, did 10 min on ET and ran/walked 2 miles and biked home, 100 situps and stretched. Not a long w/o but having 3 couples over for dinner tonite and need to get ready for that.

Rebirth - the recumbent bike changes my lower stomach, hip area where I start to look much flatter, notice hip bones. The 20 mi. I got up to back then (mid 90's) took about an hour. Now at this age if I'm consistent and do at least 30 min I'll start to notice a difference. And I'm going to again. I love my outdoor bike, however, taking a good book and reading while on the recumbent is quite enjoyable.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

TMH

Comment

April Modders

Hi modders, am going for an af Sunday today, there's nothing worse than facing work on Monday hungover I'm doing a couple of small projects around the house so that should keep me busy, I just need to not fall into the trap of thinking I need a few drinks as a reward at the end of the day. That is a huge habit for me.

Hi TMH, 3 drinks is pretty darn good though :goodjob: gee you do a lot of exercise, I feel tired just reading about it :H

Comment

April Modders

Hey guys, dinner party successful. Kind of one of those nights that went over the top. Mostly because I always want to sit & discuss what went well, what we could have done better. With more wine, of course.

DG - OMGoodness, that was a light w/o day. And today nothing.

Had a couple tonite with lefotver lasagna. Don't feel bad or out of control. Let's have a great week!

TMH

Comment

April Modders

Good morning modders,
                              I hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was good but I did not go AF. No surprise there but I did do much better. Had 1.5 glasses Fri, 2 Sat and 2.5 on Sunday. I can live with that. Why I am trying to conquer the world in one fail swoop is beyond me. I can't do it. So I will take it ODAT and just try to do my best and be aware of my actions. That goes for my weight too. I am so tired of beating myself up. I even took the morning off from working out.:shocked: I have so much to do today and just wanted to get started. Plus I always feel like I am treating myself when I take that rare day off.
                              Feeling a bit down. Our youngest son has decided to stay at school this summer and rent an apartment. I went up and took him to the local golf course to apply for a summer job and he got it. I was so proud of him. Even though I know he wants to cut the cord and be on his own, I am still sad. I will miss him but I know it is for the best. It is difficult having him here for long periods of time. He just isn't on our schedule and it makes me crazy. And I am sure I make him crazy. :H He doesn't have his brothers here anymore to hang around with so I think he gets lonely. It will be a huge adjustment for me. I have always had a hard time letting them go. :upset:
                              Well, have a great day all.
                              MM

Comment

April Modders

Good morning all

A big hug to you MM. I was just thinking today that my son and I are not bonding as much as before...and he is only 7. He is growing up and doesnt need his mum as much as before. Yes it's hard to let go. I cant imagine what it will be like when he decides to move out. I can imagine it's difficult for you.
                                You did amazingly well on the weekend. Well done

DG- How was your sunday?

TMH- The circuit class was gruelling but I loved it! I like the idea that it changes your lower stomach.I also purchased three new fitness dvds so i am looking forward to trying them out this week.

I am still on my diet and feeling much much better for it. My weight seems to be fluctauting but I personally notice that my fat bits arnt so wobbly. Lol

Have a good day all. Its raining buckets here.
                                Be strong-

Comment

Working...
                                X