August Mod Squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

August Mod Squad

Hey, LG. You might just not read them, if they're still coming to you. Hit delete, and don't give them any further power to upset you.

I don't blame you for feeling like putting a good buzz on. I feel that way from time to time, and used to just do it for just about any reason. I won't blame you if you do, I'll support you either way. But you'll feel better in the AM if you don't!

What's fer dinner tonight?

D
    Well the 1st are the hardest days don't you worry anymore.
    When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.

Comment

August Mod Squad

LG- not sure of your exact schedule but I imagine quitten time is around the corner if it has not occurred already, I agree with D, you wont get any judgement from us on how you handle your evening, but know we are here for you..............
      And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Comment

August Mod Squad

Hi Everyone. I just spoke with my one sister who did not say anything bad about me. She nor I can figure out why this is happening, and she said it will probably all blow over and to just let it go. But, knowing that these things were said about me, and they thought I would never see them just goes deep. I'm not sure how long it will take to "blow over" with me. I am having some wine, but won't go overboard.

Thank you for all the support. You'll never know how much it's meant to me.

"I like people too much or not at all."
        Sylvia Plath

Comment

August Mod Squad

Soooo releived to know u have at least one sibling on your side..... I thought a little more about it in the context of my own immediate siblings and I hate to admit it but at one time or another I have engaged in not so loving remarks about each and everyone one of them as I am sure they all have about me at one time it another as well.... I love them and enjoy them and get frustrated with each one if them in their own ways and at different times......

Not to say I would not be hurt if I was confronted with talk amongst them about me but I know deep down it happens at times and seeing as I know I am guilty of it too..... I am ok with it....

Enjoy your wine...... And have u ignored my questions about the pot luck because u were preoccupied or because your dessert was a disaster?! LOL
          And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Comment

August Mod Squad

LOL, I haven't ignored you per se, but the pot luck is tomorrow. I made the dessert in advance by one night. Bf and I tasted it last night, and pronounced it delicious. I'm going to take it tomorrow, although a scoop is out of it, lol. I hope everyone enjoys it, but if not, at least I made an effort. I heard a couple of co-workers saying that they were going to bring chips or drinks.

I'm sorry I haven't been responding to everything that is going on in YOUR lives. D, FF, Lila, and all moddies, I am here for you. I just had to have a selfish cry today.

Sylvia Plath

Comment

August Mod Squad

I always try and bring something homemade to those, I'm sure it's great....

Comment

August Mod Squad

Lg, don't think that! I am glad we can all be here for each other. And what happened to you today was really rotten.
                I got my l-glut today, had 10 grams, and forgot to have a drink until around 7 . Wow! That with my kudzu, when it gets here, and listening to the CDs should really be effective.
                Hey, back to the foodie talk, my kids made sushi today. It was so good!

Comment

August Mod Squad

I could talk about food all day, surprisingly though I am a very very picky eater and not fond of trying new things.... I do not like fish.... Is there any non fish sushi out there???? Or is that just a stupid and/or insulting question?

Hubby should be home soon I have not figured dinner out yet... Will probably have a few light beers.....

Hope everyone else is having a nice evening

Comment

August Mod Squad

V, there's veggie california rolls. Not technically sushi though.

I am soooooo tired. I woke up at 3 am and had a hard time falling back asleep. Hoping to make it thru today at work. Send me some strength.

Will check in later.

Sylvia Plath

Comment

August Mod Squad

Wakey Wakey LG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate it when that happens, I did not have that problem myself as I snoozed 5 times this morning and was running late..... I NEVER do that, stayed up late chatting with husband we had a good talk about our squabble this weekend and we both feel much better. Gotta go start my 6:15 team meeting, chat more later

Hope everyone had a nice evening and is off to a good start this morning!

Comment

August Mod Squad

Well, this whole debacle with the family has stirred up a lot of hatred. My sister sent me a text that spanned years of resentment. I believe I am done with the lot of them. I can't imagine sitting down to a "family" meal and pretending to be a part of it ever again.

Sylvia Plath

Comment

August Mod Squad

Hello, All,

Cannot believe it's almost 1 o'clock here! Been busy with work, and also playing on a website that tells you chances of admission to various colleges (for my daughter, who's about to start Senior year of HS) when you put in data such as GPA, class rank, # of honors courses, etc. She's admitted that she now knows she screwed up by not keeping her grades up, and fortunately her test score was good. Hopefully when she takes it again (she prefers the ACT) she'll improve, b/c those test can do a lot to overcome mediocre grades.

LG, I sent you a PM. Hopefully you'll see that your siblings are sour apples in your life. If you can't sweeten them, take them out of your life. I've done the same with the sister I worked for, other than letting her know when the twins were born, I haven't spoken to her since February 2011. I don't need her negativity in my life.

It's lunch time and I'm about to decide if I want something ordered or something I pick on the fly at the local deli. Not sure which way it will go, but I'll let you know. Does anyone else here know the wonders of Siracha Sauce?

I'll check back later.
                          Dave
                          Well the 1st are the hardest days don't you worry anymore.
                          When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.

Comment

August Mod Squad

YES YES YES D - I luv it, I just ate at this new Thai place that is now my FAVORITE Thai place and we had Thai Chicken wings and they came with a creamy Siracha sauce that was to die for.... I had commented a while back that I can tell you are into spicy foods and so am i.....

No decision making here for lunch first off it is only just after 10 and second off I will just be having my lean cuisine again - I never leave office for lunch or take a lunch break just heat up my lunch and keep working away

LG - Hows pot luck?

D- You know what else goes a long way towards getting your daughter into a college?????????

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Comment

August Mod Squad

Thanks for the pm Dave.:l I know at least one of my siblings is now out of my life. She hurt me so much, I cannot hardly breathe when I think about it.:upset:

V, Thai food is one of my favorites too. What you had sounds delish! I haven't had any in a long time. Might be something to do this weekend.

Our potluck lunch was off the chain! I think my dessert was very good. I also made some cole slaw that turned out well too. Everything was good, and now I need a nap.

Sylvia Plath

Comment

August Mod Squad

I feel like I'm about to jump out of my skin. All I can do is cry and cry, and what I thought was bad yesterday was just the tip of the iceberg. If I could get hold of a bottle of liquor, I would drink till I passed out. I just want to obliterate everything.

Sylvia Plath

Comment

Working...
                                X