September Mod Squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

September Mod Squad

Hi. Friday night and done drinking by 7p. Had 2, then dinner with no wine, dishes done, going to watch a Netflix movie. Am gearing up for some AF time next week. Dh leaving for our trip on Tues; I'm meeting him in MN on the 17th. Last time I was in MN I was AF, not planning that this time but want some AF time before trip. And who knows? I might continue.

Like FF says "planting healthy little seeds in our unconscious". On my visit I am going with sister on an overnight visit to our brother; he and SIL don't drink or at least very little. I doubt they will serve alcohol in their home. And that's fine.

And yes, Happy Weekend!!!
    The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

September Mod Squad

LOL, dg I have destroyed one copy of this particular game he's been hooked on. Unfortunately he went out and bought another, even more advanced copy. Yes, FF, it definitely is an addiction for him...I looked online about it, and it's amazing how similar my story is to so many other women whose partners are addicted to video games. Kind of like how many of us are on MWO (how we seem to have many similarities). Strange...

Well, I did tackle that back lawn with the push mower...Lord, it was a job. Haha, I had to come inside and lay down twice before I finished, with a cold towel over my face. Finally went out to do the last bit and couldn't start the mower. I screamed, Mr. LGGGGGGGG, and he came outside ostensibly to start the mower, but I said, Finish it, and he did. Won that round, kind of.

Then this afternoon we went on a little shopping spree, got everything to check out and realized we left the debit card at home. ROFL, how embarrassing! I stayed at the store and bf went home and got it...thankfully we weren't too far from home. I also bought some new brand of pre-mixed margaritas to try...had 2, well most of 2nd one and stopped. Needs something, but tasted really bitter.

So, just relaxing and about to go get in bed and continue reading my latest Library Journal review book. It's called, The Panther, by Nelson DeMille. Not sure if you are familiar with that author, but this is another book featuring John Corey. Seems pretty good so far...big ass book, lol.

Hope everyone is doing well. Nice to see you all posting today. Hi TMH. Let me know if you found a good movie on Netflix. I'm always looking for something good to watch on there.

LG

"I like people too much or not at all."
      Sylvia Plath

Comment

September Mod Squad

Good day everyone. Just finished a nice long walk and some floor exercises and heading to pool for a bit, then watching the MN Gophers on the BTN.

Nelson DeMille is a favorite author of my friend of mine. She picked one for our MN book club. I picked up 3 from library that you recommended on book thread, talk about big ass books! LOL

Upped my Netflix acct to 3/time while catching up with Breaking Bad. Will drop back now. Last night I went to watch the movie with Tom Hanks and the kid who lost his father on 9/11 and realized I had already seen it.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

TMH

Comment

September Mod Squad

TMH, you don't suscribe to Netflix streaming? You wouldn't have to order DVD's. I don't, and granted may not get many of the "new" ones, but nearly all of the tv series shows like Breaking Bad are streaming.

This latest Demille will be published in October. John Corey is off to "Sandland" as he puts it (Yemen) to fight the latest threat on terrorism and the mastermind of the Cole bombing...pretty good so far, and I love Corey's sarcastic wit.

Sylvia Plath

Comment

September Mod Squad

hi Modders
            Missed you all! I have been busy - more so just tired. At work, internet is kind of restricted, and I haven'd dared to try to log on here.
            My goals - not even an attempt, except for maybe one day. I am resting up this weekend, and plan to bring my supps to work. I forget to take them when I rush out of the house early, or when I am yelling to the kids that the bus will be here, etc.
            Life is good, but not easy. I feel tired. And, my supervisor, my superior, has just taken an unofficial long sick leave. So we are trying to get by without her. I pretty much know what to do, and in a way am excited, just also want to not even have to think. I had wanted to rest up, and only care about ME.
            Tomorrow I am going to buy new earbuds (my kids always take mine) and get all set up - hypnosis CDs - listening to them, and having supps close by.
            Tonight we had crab to celebrate - me having a job, and just cuz why not? Snow crab - more reasonable.
            Anyways, now I am going to scroll back and catch up on reading about everyone. Have been thinking of you all this week!
            Have a good evening and Sunday!
            L

Comment

September Mod Squad

LG, breaking bad? It is not on Netflix, right? I splurged - I get it on iTunes. How do you get it?

Comment

September Mod Squad

Happy Saturday all...... Hubby and I have been Breaking Bad diehards since day one so we have watched it all the old fashion way.... The DVR each Sunday night.... Can not wait for the last season....

Had a lazy day..... Went for a pedi and we are going to meet a couple friend of ours at my favorite hip Tapas Restutant can't wait it is sooooo yummy

Anyone heard from D From CT? a little worried about him....
                And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Comment

September Mod Squad

Morning modders,

Hope everyone is having a pleasant weekend....

LG sorry it's the dreaded last day of staycation those always hurt....

We had a really nice time at dinner... I love Tapas.... Had one shot of tequila but not much else.... Stayed up real late though but got up at 7:00 and have gotten some cleaning done already.....

Going grocery shopping soon and then will do laundry get ready for the week and relax and cook dinner....

I'll check in later.,..
                  And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Comment

September Mod Squad

Lila;1375607 wrote: LG, breaking bad? It is not on Netflix, right? I splurged - I get it on iTunes. How do you get it?
                    It is on Netflix. I haven't really got into it, but it's there. Netflix : Breaking Bad

Sylvia Plath

Comment

September Mod Squad

Hey V. Tapas are delicious...spanish appetizers? Yes, it's last day of stayca. I am kind of ready to go back to work, I guess. Got a lot done this week, so I feel good about that. I hope I can get back to my regular sleeping patterns, lol..been staying up really late!

I want to ask you a personal question V...sending you a pm.

Sylvia Plath

Comment

September Mod Squad

Hi, All,

Just want to let everyone know I'm doing well, still on the wagon (day 63 or so?) but just been really busy with a tour of southern New England late last week (business), two fantasy football drafts, and a couple of days with the twins. The twins are doing well, though both seem to have minor digestive difficulties. Not a big deal, but doesn't help them sleeping, for sure!

I'll have more time to go back and catch up with the thread tomorrow. Hope everyone is doing well, and enjoying the end of the weekend.

Dave
                        Well the 1st are the hardest days don't you worry anymore.
                        When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.

Comment

September Mod Squad

Happy Monday! It was a good weekend, not too much alcohol. Starting some AF time today. Give my body/liver a break, sure it will thank me.

After Sat. workout I could not believe how stiff & sore I was yesterday. Played 18 holes of golf but never loosened up and moaned & groaned everytime I climbed out of golf cart. Told dh it was right up there with day after marathon soreness. After dinner last night walked over to pool and soaked in hot tub. Feel like a new woman today. Note to self: do not do that type of workout day b4 golf; use hot tub to allieve muscle aches.

LB & Lila: addicted to Breaking Bad. I can get LH Season 5 on On Demand and watched a couple episodes but am missing a huge chunk so guess I'll wait until it's available on Netflix. LB, doesn't Netflix streaming mean watching on PC? Sorry, technically challenged.

BTW, congrats on passing test, Lila! Good for you! What are you doing now?

Dave - 63 days is awesome! Take it that means you chose not to have the wine dinner with wife. I remember vividly the year I took off 9 months from drinking and my decision to have a drink the night I ran NY Marathon. It was scary. What I don't remember is feeling terrific or terribly happy about being AF. Going through divorce at time, imagine that's why.

Shout out to everyone else - goals this week or even just today? Make it a good one!

TMH

Comment

September Mod Squad

Happy Monday Modders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D - So glad you checked in congrats on all the wagon time you are piling up, curious where you are at with internal dialect and decision process on all of this. Glad twins are well, sorry for the tummy troubles that can make for fussy babies then fussy parents....

TMH - Those day after work out pains are usually pretty rough but I find the 2nd day after to be even worse

LG - Welcome back to the land of the working, glad you feel accomplished from your vacation that is always a good feeling.

Lila - One of the good things about my son going off to college is my ear buds and phone charges stopped disappearing How are you liking the job?

I was hoping to make today an AF day, it has really been a while for me and I just wanna do it cause I know I can.... I like to be AF on Mondays because it is a good way to start the week, give body rest form too many beers over weekend and because my hubby goes to band practice and I find it MUCH easier to be AF when he is not around me having a cold one... Tonight he does not have band practice but I am still shooting for AF..... We will see.

Ok well good day to everyone else in our room hope everyone gets their week off to a good start.....

Comment

September Mod Squad

Hi Squad. Yep back to the grind. On a good note, the day is passing quickly and I was actually ready to come back to work. Whether I say that by the end of the week is another story.

D-Good to see you checking in. You are really on the long haul AF!! Congrats!! Have you made any decisions on moderating yet? I see you skipped out on the "wine with dinner" you had planned. Good for you, if that is working for you, and I see that it is! Hope the babies tummy troubles get sorted out soon.

TMH-Netflix streaming is on TV as well as pc/laptop/phone...but must come through a device such as xbox, ps3, wii or another type of streaming device. You must also have DSL or broadband internet. I'd rather not watch on my pc/laptop if possible, so I stream to the TV.

Lila-How's the job going? It speaks well of you that they trust you to "take over" in your supervisor's absence, I think.

V-Sometimes the thought of AF is worse than the act, lol. If you don't think about it too much, it seems easier somehow. I know you have the discipline to do it, after the diet you maintained! I meant to ask you, how long did you do the restricted calories and have you been able to maintain the loss? I hope you don't mind me putting it "out there"...I am seriously looking for a plan to do for myself. I want to lose!!!!!!!!

Kk, back to work for me.

Sylvia Plath

Comment

September Mod Squad

Hi, All. Just found out that a weekly meeting was cancelled so I have a few minutes to catch up.

TMH, and all the other readers out there, I LOVE Nelson DeMille. I don't think I've read anything recently but started reading his books a very long time ago. Particularly liked The Gold Coast (Since I lived on Long Island and live on the other side of LI Sound) and The Charm School, both of which I read at least 20 years ago. Was in the middle of Cathedral riding a subway in NYC during rush hour (this is probably 1991 or so) when they stopped the subway, cops came through then backed up and arrested the guy I squeezed in and sat down next to. When they pushed him face down they pulled a gun out of his pants! OMG, I remember what I was reading and the incident is very clear in my mind (despite the early hour and how much I was drinking way back then!)

LG, I saw you tried the pre-made margaritas. I liked the ones that you freeze, but usually added tequila to them. The ones I did that with were technically wine drinks, and I'm surprised I didn't get sick adding tequila to a wine drink!

As far as the AF goes, yeah, I've stayed on the wagon. A number of factors have kept me on it, including my wife deciding she'd rather go out with friends the night I wanted to try to share a bottle (she made the plans while I was golfing the day before and I never told her I was thinking about it). Still considering a run at moderation, but not sure when....

TMH, how much are you drinking now after that long period of AF? Just curious.

Lila, hope the job is great and that you're enjoying the responsibility with your Spv. out.

V, are you loving the empty nesting with your hubby? How was Neil Diamond? He's one of wifey's favorites!

Stew, if you read this, take my advise and take some time completely sober. It doesn't solve your problems, but does allow you to get grounded and clear on what's going on both in your head and where you really stand. You'll find it true not only in relationships, but also with regard to just about everything going on in your life.

Hope everyone is well.
                                Dave
                                Well the 1st are the hardest days don't you worry anymore.
                                When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.

Comment

Working...
                                X