Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Booze Busters Kick Butt - Week of 3/24

Morning folks!

Hey, DG, sorry you?re feeling so crappy - have you ever had allergies before? Usually the spring is a bad time - assuming you are getting spring down there? Hope you feel better soon. The think that I find works best for me is good old sinutab - relieves the pressure.

Rustop! Good to see you! Enjoy your walk - it?s so nice when we can see the end of winter - and especially good to have the company of your friend/doggies. Misty (my dog, also my avator) go walking several times a day - she is eleven, but in very good shape. This morning it was cool enough to haul out the winter coat and gloves, though - at least the sun was shining, but cool.

On my way - I think it is much easier, in the long run, to stay AF than to struggle daily with moderating. Been there, done that, and it?s hard. Much easier just to not drink at all - although that takes constant resolve too.

Seen the light - good for you on day two - hope the sore throat feels better soon, but as you said - better than a hangover!

Well, got up at 6:30 again today in case I got a call to work. And no call - this could get old really fast. I don?t mind getting up early if there is a purpose to it, but given my druthers I?d rather sleep a bit longer??I can?t believe in my old job I used to get up at 5:30, I guess I just got used to being tired all the time! Tomorrow I am definitely going to work, because it?s been prebooked. So today I guess I?ll just hang out, go to Curves this afternoon, and see what else happens with my day!

But no :alf: - that's for sure!

The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Hello, you booze bustin' lovelies!!!

Just checking in - been away on vacation for a week.

Looks like this theead is kicking some BOOZE BUTT!!

Very proud of all of you for your commitments.. YAHOO!!

I'm still rocking and rolling along here, too.. I think I'm in the 80's somewhere. I am not keeping much count, but it is in there somewhere... I gave the BEAST THE BOOT January 5th, that is the day I remember!

Keep on truckin', my friends...

Namaste,

MM
      Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

DG and all Booze Busters,

I, too, am on day 9 DG!! (I walked into detox the morning of March 18, 2008)

I am not sure if it is the Antabuse or the Gabapentin but for some reason this time I have absolutely no cravings for AL.

I guess it could be what is happening with my little girl, too.

Tomorrow we go double digits!!!! Yea!!!

Strength, heart, courage and love to all,
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Morning All!

Just clocking in - this is the start of Day 3 AF for me - woken up feeling positive again (though full of cold!) Just wanted to say good luck to all of you - let's all keep this up!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way can anybody tell me - does it get slightly easier when you get past 7 days - I'm not struggling at the moment but I don't always drink on a weekday anyway - I just feel that if I do a weekend AF it will feel like such a milestone - the last time I did this was 7 years ago when I was pregnant!

I'd love to hear your comments xx

Comment

good job on day 3.

i had probs on day 3 and 5 and fri and weekend days. thats when i was moderating it. now im AF i got past 3 and 5 with out to much hassle, had a little thought and worry. weekends same as u was a bigger challenge. but becuase i did day 5 it seemed easier so i guess if u dont think about it and just take it day at a time it shouldnt be a prob. saying that im on campral.

just keep being determind and think of the positives.

good luck

and good luck to everyone today, i hope not to see that green thingy mig jib suit, as its scary lol.

day 27 AF ********

Comment

:applaud::cheering Morning all, day 4 for me and feeling good, not back to tip top of course but good all the same and very, very positive. Been getting out and about this week instead of sitting in with curtains closed hiding from the World, not too bad out there you know - lol. Had an appointment yesterday then went visiting a couple of pals and met for a coffee in town, all normal everyday stuff but mean the world to me.

Tea = Day 4

Lxx
              Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Morning all! It's a beautiful sunny morning here and the temperature has crawled into double figures. Spring is springing and I'm feeling very positive about being AF. Day 14.

I always used to think that drink was a stress reliever, but whenever I'm on an AF stretch I realise it's actually the total opposite. I'm much more relaxed when I'm not drinking/hungover.

Hope everyone has a great day today.
                sigpic
                AF since December 22nd 2008
                Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Good morning everyone

Another beautiful morning here, a real feel of spring in the air. You are right Marshy, why do we delude ourselves that drinking makes us feel better?? That first glass or two relaxes but after that its all downhill. That's why I find these boards so helpful, just logging on and reading stuff like that reminds me why I am so so much better off being AF. Day 3 and feeling good.

Rustop

Comment

good morning all,,, just like to say well done.. am am af for 19 days.. done 40 days in jan and feb
                    but got back on agine going for 30 days

so have good day everyone
                    there is no shame in losing a fight,, only in winning

Comment

Good morning Booze Busters! It's day 14 here and it feels good to be ALMOST half way to 30. If it's not raining this afternoon I'm going to go out and sit on that tree in my avatar again, and reflect on two weeks AF!

Hannah, sorry you didn't get a call to action yesterday AM, but have fun today. Can't wait to hear all about it!

MM - welcome back from your trip!! Congratulations on staying AF through that, and all else since January 5. That's super.

cindi, congratulations on Day 10 now (since you posted yesterday). You sound really good and I'm glad the meds are working for you. What is Gabapentin? Is that the same thing as the GABA RJ sells here? (or same base?) I'm so curious because I really, REALLY like the GABA in addition to Kudzu and L-Glut to help with cravings and a little "feel good" without :alf:

Seen the light!! Congrats on day 3. Especially Saturdays are always hardest for me because I'm "stuck" in an activity that I like, but that is always associated with drinking. So this Saturday we will be back to dog training as usual, and I'm sure my knuckles will be white at least some of the time. Definitely think about your weekend and your triggers, and try to come up with alternative plans so you won't drink. Change the schedule or plan non-drinking things to do if you can.

barebones you are ROCKIN' IT at 27 days!!! You must feel good - almost to 30 and a :award:

tea, I really like your Toast Gone Mad avatar. Congrats on Day 4 and congrats on getting back out into the world instead of hiding. Isn't it amazing what a very lonely sport drinking becomes for many of us?? I can relate.

Two Weeks for Mushy!!! Congratulations!

rustop, good job on Day 3.

Welcome Kaddy and congratulations on your 19 days AF, and also your 40 day stretch in Jan/Feb. I bet you are starting to feel really good with so much "clean" time for your system.

Hi Secondchance!!

I'm still fighting this allergy or whatever nonsense. I actually have a doc appointment next Monday for a different reason (I'm getting all my hormones checked out) but will ask about this allergy acting business too. I'm REALLY tired of it!! Hannah, I will look for sinutabs when I get to the drug store - thanks for the tip! It seems too early for allergies, and I've never had this type of reaction before. But who knows. It's been really wet this winter - more snow/rain than usual. Some say the mold in the air is really high as a result - so maybe that's it. Anyway, could someone kindly pass me some cheese to go with this whine??? (sorry for whining!)

Have a great day and tell :alf: to shove it.

DG
                      Day 14!!!
                      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hello everyone!

sounds like we are doing well.

July, thanks for the post. Having to adjust my attitude a bit. I have been considering modding and I think that is why I have been feeling AL's pull. So I'm just going to kick the can down the road a bit - until I'm 120 days AF and hope that he only creeps up occassionally and keeps his voice down to a dull roar. Anyway, I am better and I did not give in! Appreciate the support of my AF "elders".

Looks like we are all racking up some great numbers. Welcome to all the new folks, rustop, tea.
                        Seen the Light - it does get better after a week or so - you just gradually learn to do the things you used to do without AL. But as you have probably gathered I had a rough patch at days 51/52. Don't let that discourage you - it hasn't discouraged me.

Marshy and Kaddy - past the 2 week point is a great place to be. Congrats to you.

DG, hope you are feeling better. allergies suck.

yesterday was day 52 for me. I'm off to conquer day 53.

Stay strong,
                        Beck
                        Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

I AM GOING TO DO IT!!!!!!!!
                          Hey everyone, I have everything but the Topa. I keep telling myself that I am going to start when that arrives. Well, I decided that I am going to start NOW. I hate who I am right now. I have been to treatment before, did ok for a little bit and went right back to being DUMB.
                          So........this is actually the start of day 3 AF. YaaaaHoooo! I want to keep it going but I know my hurdle is going to be Friday and Saturday.
                          Thanks for being here for me!!!
                          :hCheryl

Comment

Off to conquer day 5!!! Feeling sleepy this time around. It is nice and sunny here, one would think I would have a lot of energy, but oh well. Have a kick ass day today Booze Busters!
                            Goal 1: Today
                            Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

Good afternoon booze busters! I have just survived 24 hours in a house full to the brim of teenage girls. Next time they want to have their buddies over, I may think on it a bit.

I love all the numbers I see posted :goodjob:

Day 10 here, I made it to double digits. :happy: Now just need to get through the weekend!

Get better soon all you sickies!

On my way
                              Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Day One

:lilheart: I couldn't find the stars, but, instead I'm give myself a heart! I'm signing up for the thirty days!!

Comment

Working...
                                X