Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Booze Busters Kick Butt - Week of 3/24

Good for you Gelgit

WAY TO GO!! we'll all be here for you!! Keep in touch and I'm sure you can do it!!:wd:

On my way
    Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Checking in VERY late?

MM!!!!! Whoohooo!!!!!! So good to see you, you are doing awesome!!! Did you ever, in your wildest dreams, think you would be in your 80?s???????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! So happy for you!!!!!

And
      Cindi! So happy for you! Boy, we are busting some butt, aren?t we? We rock, Boozebusters! Don?t you ever doubt it!!!!

Seen the light - Yes, the weekend will seem like a milestone - and you can take that milestone, and stack it up with the other milestones - such as when you hit your second weekend without booze (and you will!), and each milestone will make you feel better and better about yourself - you are rockin? girlie!!!!

Barebones - you are doing great, 27 days AF - much to be admired! And you sound so hesitant and retiring about telling us - no way, sweetie, we don?t do that around here - you should be shouting it from the rooftops! We don?t do quiet in the Booze busters thread! Only 3 days away from your party!!!!! Whoeeeee!!!!!

Tea! Day 4 is awesome! Rockin w you sista!
      On to day 5!!!!

Marshy - wishing we had your double digits here, it?s cool, and possibility of snow - dog got a shorter walk today than she deserved - but BRRRRR!!!!
      And isn?t it the truth? Nothing is more relaxing than not worrying about your next drink?..

Rustop! Day 3 and going strong?.

Kaddy - Welcome!!! Day 19? And an impressive January, really! Well done!

Yo second chance! Welcome!!!!

Beck - Here?s a compliment - you seem to be so wise - so many of us get sucked in by Al?s call - thinking we can mod - so few of us actually realize that it is him calling - good for you - and maybe at 120 days you will attempt it, and maybe not - but I salute you for your strength, and insight, you are so intuitive?

DG - Well, whatta day it has been. What follows is probably TMI - skip it if you want?.. Been a day and a half for me ?..up early, off to my prebooked hours at Bellrose High School ?.Wow! Whatta day??this is a VERY big school, at least a half-dozen vice principals, in addition to the principal, at least a half dozen clerical staff, a very busy office, Lord knows how many students?.anyhooooo?.I am training on the reception desk, really, dealing with the walk in public, and the switchboard/phones?.yikes!!! Lots to learn, in addition to learning the basic functions of the switchboard, such as how to page, how to voicemail, how to do basic connections, have to learn such things as ?..don?t connect any calls during class time, but can during breaks, certain people will take calls any time, certain people refuse to do voicemail, etc, etc,?.have come to the conclusion that probably the school board will keep me working at the same school, or maybe only one or two more, because there is no way we could rotate between 13 odd schools and know what the h*ll we were doing?..but, really, no worse than when I started at the Post Office, was literally thrown to the wolves there, took over the Post Office without even ever having worked in the afternoon, and I survived - hey, I am one tough Mama, really!!!!!! So I will survive this - they asked me today how I had come to take this job - as in incredulous that they had someone willing to do it???? And I said, well, my sister was called by her son?s teacher a few weeks ago, and asked if she would consider working as a sub (read - desperate!!!) and she started a few weeks ago, and mentioned to me that she thought they still were looking for people (read - desperately looking!) so I called up the woman in charge (which I did - big intake of breath before I did this?.) and asked if she was still looking????? And think it was the shortest interview of my working career, something like ?.hey, good to meet you, when can you start???? And the gals in the office said, well good to have you, but then you are going to get a permanent job, and then we?ll be back to square one?..and can see that, actually?..

I also was to spend some time training in the library, and have to admit that I really liked that - pretty basic, you check in, and check out books, etc.,?..the lady who trained me (very nice) took on a position a while ago, supposed to be temporary, 5 hours a day, because the part time lady had cancer (very sad) ?.she died in February?.and don?t know how much longer this lady is going to keep doing this, because she has her own business on the side, and said it is suffering from her lack of time to attend to it??so, you never know?.and makes me think of the comments from the front office gals, in that I will get a permanent position, and they will be looking again?..Anyhow, interesting. Not a lot of money to be made here, don?t get me wrong. Pays about ? of what I used to make, but also about ? the stress?.only concern I have at this point is that if I do work in the front office, the working day starts at 7:30. This doesn?t bother me, I used to start about that time at the Post Office, and had to travel ? hour to get there?.BUT ?.if the person I am replacing just calls in sick that morning, I could get a call with very short notice?..I think they will have to accept that if that happens, there is no way on God?s green earth that I am going to be there by 7:30.?I did get up at 6:30 every day this week, in case they called me?but was also exhausted all week from getting up so early!!! and they didn?t?.so have decided I am NOT going to do that every morning?.they will just have to adjust?.most of the time, if the lady I am replacing is planning on being away, I will know in advance?.and if she is feeling poorly and may end up taking a sick day, I am just going to tell her, phone me the night before if you are feeling poorly ?.I would rather get a call at midnight telling me I MAY be needed the next day then be woken up from a deep sleep, and be told I am needed in less than a half hour!

So we?ll see. But did enjoy my day, and on the nightmare scale, this is nothing compared to my initiation into the Post Office?.so I think it?ll be okay?.

Sorry, folks, done my epistle. You should be warned that DG and I sometimes go off on a tangent?.you should sit down at this thread with a big bag of popcorn, or some sort of easy to access carbs ?.because you surely will need a snack!

DG - hope you feel better soon, hope the sinutab helps you?.snow mold could be a definite possibility, I?m thinking ?.but hope your Dr?s appointment sheds more light. Meanwhile - YOU ARE ROCKING DG! Almost halfway! Oooohhhh?.what a party we will have?..
      The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Whoa! Whole buncha posts whilst I was posting!!!

Sailor girl - Welcome! Congrats to you for recognizing your ?aha? moment - if it feels right, today, this moment, is the opportune time! Good for you!

Lukalee! Good to see you! How?s the floor?

Yoohoo On My Way! Double digits - you rock! And resisting the urge whilst surrounded by teenage girls - surely must win some sort of prize!

Gelgit - Hearts, shmarst, stars, or whatever?.just glad to have you on board!
        The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Teh weekend is nearly here,

Morning all you booze busters

Comment

The weekend is nearly here

Morning all you booze busters!!

I've overslept this morning so gotta be really quick - Had a dream last night that I had been drinking and felt really disappointed but then really glad when I woke up cos it wasn't real !! I've got to take this as a warning!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to you all for your comments - it's lovely when people are supporting you.

Well bye for now - let,s all get through this weekend AF xxxx

p.s. This is the start of my Day 4

Comment

well done everyone who posted yesterday and this morning!

hannah thanks for saying that. i will shout it from the roof top

keep going everyone, you know u can do it!

day 28AF ******

Comment

Hi fellow Boozebusters

Just wanted to say a quick hello and wish you all a great week-end. Day 4 for me and feeling good. Hubby is away this week-end fishing which makes things slightly easier, no wine open!! I intend to really start back into the programme next week with the tapes etc.

Rustop

Comment

:hug: Day 5 and me is a rockin..... Feels so goooooood. Only down side is I'm due back to work on Monday (groan), working with that shower of bitches is enough to depress anyone, however, positive thoughts and all that - lol. Have a great day everyone.

Tea = Day 5
                  Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Hello Booze Busters!! I've already got one foot out the door this morning on my way to my 7AM Friday referrals club meeting. I promise to come back later and catch up with everyone and welcome a couple of new Booze Busters!!

Let's gear up for an AF weekend!! Let's come here to touch the life line of MWO when and if we need to. Everybody got your plan?????

Day 15 WOO HOO half way to 30!!

DG
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hey BBS

Day 4 for me. I am a little anxious about it being the weekend. My neighbor invited me over tonight and I know there will be wine there. I am very confident that I won't get drunk. I have a comittment in the morning. I just want to be able to not drink even a glass of wine. Wish me luck!!!!
                      :hCheryl

Comment

hi everyone

hope you all have good weekend af
                        there is no shame in losing a fight,, only in winning

Comment

Good Morning BoozeBusters,

I can't address you all, there are so many!! This is a wonderful thing. Let's bust AL's butt each and every day.

Start of Day 11 for me but I took my Antabuse first thing a.m. so purt darn sure ain't no AL going in this body!!! :H

Doggy Girl, Gabapentin is a prescribed medication. Like topamax, it is for seizures but also used for anxiety - a serious issue for me - and I believe between the two meds, Antabuse and Gabapentin, I am going to succeed. I do feel wonderful. Yes, AL sometimes beckons but the feelings pass so quickly and I recognize that they are just feelings. Prior to the meds, the feelings were much stronger and I have absolutely no willpower, hence going to detox and having them give me my first Antabuse before I even walked out the door!!

Hannah, I also just wanted to add to you that I am sure you will get your job figured out in no time but I am also hoping that something better opens up for you. I think your skills, brain and abilities are going to be wasted on this new job. I see much brighter things for you. I also want you to do less stressful. I remember the post office was pure stress. I am not sure of your age but I am pretty sure you aren't a youngin' anymore. It is time to enjoy life. :armsaround:

Love,
                          Cindi
                          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Good Morning All,

Day 54 here. I am beginning to lose track. And I'm going to have to change my mood from "pensive" - over thinking not good!

Hannah, glad you go off on tangents - they're fun. As for me being wise...all I can say is there is no way I am going to "mod" when AL is screaming at me. I know there's room for many more in the abyss and that first drink under those circumstances...well, that's not modding...that's addiction!!!

Great to have so many new folks here!

Have a great AF Day everyone,
                            Beck
                            Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Hi everyone! Just a quick hello as I rush out the door - hubby is home, and we are headed out - seems like everybody is having a busy day! Hope it?s a good one!

Cindi - you say the sweetest things! You are right, I?m 54, actually - no spring chicken anymore! So will give this a go, but if it doesn?t turn out to be any fun at all, well, I?ll kiss it goodbye. You?re right, life is too short. I?m not looking for $, more something to do/get involved in to keep busy & get to know a few people in this new city. I have also been looking at volunteer work, think that would be my next ?look see? if this is a dud.

Happy Friday to all, hope everyone is gearing up for a :alf: free weekend!

Wow - hey, has everybody looked at the new smilies! Awesome, RJ!

Comment

beautiful rainy day

:heart::heart: Well here's Day Two and after a really good night's sleep even the cold drizzle is nice. "On My Way" is a great moniker! Gelgit means back and forth in Turkish and, I want to be able to change it! I'm still waiting for my pdf copy of the book to arrive. Meanwhile, with all of your voices here; I don't feel so alone.

My husband opened a bottle of wine last night, drank a glass, pushed the cork halfway back in and left it in the middle of the kitchen counter. "My problem" is something that we don't talk about (we don't talk about sex either but I think that's another forum:toilet I read a lot of books!

I really like the thought that's there's been a committee holding meetings in my head and the thought that I can replace their beasty little barks with all of your voices. So, I'll be cruising around here a lot in the next days when the "cravings" hit and "the committee" starts yelling in my brain. Why do I have so much trouble trying to meditate?

great hugs to you all and a lovely day! g

Comment

Working...
                                X