Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving thru May - Week 2

Good Morning Guys

My 1st post in Scotland made from my computer :yay: :yay: :yay: i have internet!!!!

Rushing out the door but I will catch up properly later...... Im feeling much better after two days of shifting down a gear and eating better.

SO GOOD TO BE BACK ONLINE :dancin:

Papmom - your signature photo! Is that how your own one is going to look? Love it!
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 2

Good morning everyone

Chill - good to see you sounding more like yourself. Take it easy and glad that you are now back in computer land.

Papmom - Interesting day for you, what will be will be. You have made fantastic changes in the last year so I am sure it will all work out for you.

Rusty - Sorry the exam did not go exactly how you wanted but am sure it will work out ok in the end.

Weather a bit iffy today but managed to get my walk in so set up for the rest of the day. Hi to everyone I have not mentioned.

Rustop

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 2

Morning May Movers!

John, Rusty & Papmom - yes - layoffs suck and not only do they suck for the ones that are getting laid off, but it's also terribly hard on those that have to deliver the news. Just crappy all the way around. I have made it through this round - thanks for asking.

Chill - so glad to see that you have your computer up and running! I've tried to post from my phone a couple of times - ummmm - not easy

Papmom - hope you get the offer you want! Sounds exciting having the possibility of choosing who you want to work for instead of the other way around!

Cassia - good job on avoiding temptation in the middle of all this stress. We think we have this thing down to a science and then all of the sudden drinking thoughts enter our heads and the battle begins again! Way to be strong - you know picked the right choice.

Morning to Rustop, Cyn, Sooty, Star - hope you are all doing well.

Lav - looks like we are going to pay for this beautiful week we are having by getting some rain this weekend. Oh well - I wanted to get some flowers in pots for my deck this weekend so I guess we'll see how the weather cooperates.

Hope everybody has a great day!
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 2

Good Morning Movers,

I'm sorry if I scared you guys when I posted yesterday morning...I tend to get down when I'm exhausted and yesterday morning, I was just feeling exhausted....not much sleep in the last several weeks. I am better today and back to work with a nice, local client.

Papmom-Good Luck with the job...I hope it's everything you've hoped for....career wise and salary, too.

Jolie-I'm glad you weren't affected by the layoffs.

Cassia-good job on urge surfing your way through temptation. Not too much longer and you'll be in New Joysey!

I'm off to the gym....a big hello to everyone I missed, have a great AF Thursday!

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 2

chill!!! Yea!! You must feel so much more settled now! I remember a few months back when I was using my phone as my internet connection and my phone died! I had never felt so isolated in my life! Needless to say the very next day I called our cable monopoly and they came out that day and hooked up internet! Whew!!! So glad you are properly hooked up, eating better and destressing a bit. And yes, I hope that will be the paint job my trailer will get some day with "Pappin' in Pink" written across the back. :H

Hang in there Jolie!

Rustop-I love waking up and reading your morning posts and seeing that you've already had your walk and done a hundred other things by the time I read it!! Makes you sound like superwoman but I feel somewhat slothy at the same time :H. I have to remind myself you are 6 hours ahead!!

time to MOVE and get to work so I can call Job #1 and see what they have to say!!
            New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 2

X-post Rusty!! Hang in there and take some quality time for yourself after your marathon study session these past few months!! :h
              New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 2

Papmom-I'll be sitting on pins and needles waiting to hear about your job! Let us know ASAP! Love the van, by the way! Your colors, for sure.

Chill, don't you feel like you're missing a limb when you can't get on the internet? I do...I don't know what to do with myself. Glad you're connected to us now!:h

Regarding my exam....my sister thought I should schedule a date right now and go back and do my retakes in a few weeks while the information is still fresh in my mind. I said, NO, I am enjoying my summer first!

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 2

Good morning May Movers!

Slow start for me today - still worn out from my day with EB yesterday :H

Rusty, take your exam when you're ready, really!
                  Enjoy yourself this summer!

Chill, glad you have internet access once again! I feel crazy when I have to do without even if it's just for a few hours! Glad you are feeling better too!

Jolie, not only is is supposed to rain for several days but it's going to get colder as well. Ugh!

Rustop, I'd love to visit your part of the world again sometime. But I'd like to go with a happy person who would actually enjoy the trip!!! YB was miserable the entire week we were there 8 years ago - there was no reason for that.

Papmom, hope you can manipulate potential employers ino offering you some decent $$.

OK, wishing everyone a great AF Thursday!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 2

Good morning all!

Rusty, good that you passed most of the exam, it stinks that you have to take parts of it over. I know with my exams, they made the questions so hard, after I had studied so long, it was insane. I remember just using test taking skills, ok, I know it is not these two answers, it has to be either this one or that one. Then I guessed. Seriously. That is how close they were. I do not understand the point in making things so difficult. But, there you go, life on life's terms. Rusty, I admire your attitude and strength, you have come so far. We continue to be here for you. :l

Chill, so ready to hear the progress you've made when you find the time. It is true, sometimes laying low and eating better can make all the difference. Rest and nutrition. Simple and sensible. Thanks for the lesson. :h

I took the day off yesterday, hung around, watched a movie, read a book, had a really bad craving, overcame it!!! Warm weather and enjoying the outdoors is a huge trigger for me.......it is going to be a struggle here.

To all, have a great day, AF.
                    Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 2

Hello in Week Two! It will take me some time to catch up but I wanted to share with you something funny. I was reading some posts on MWO on Saturday night and suddenly the site stopped working. Everything else on my computer worked but when I tried to open the site I got a message that I could not connect with the server; this is not a ?log in? issue so I assumed the site was down. When this was still true twenty four hours later, I tried the other internet enabled devices in this house (SEVEN, Lord Bird Heart is a geek) including three portables and two phones. Tried Firefox, Explorer, Safari. Nothing. Nothing, and so on for the next three of days while every thing else in our complex online world was perfect. Thinking, this site is REALLY DOWN, I emailed Lav wondering what was going on, but I got no reply and may have sent it to a wrong address. I was stumped (and increasingly something more). The following day a couple of members emailed me, and it turned out (as you know) that nothing was wrong with the site and never had been. This was something to do with ME. Suspicions confirmed, the universe was talking to ME. Now those of you who are accustomed to me know I am not much of a spiritual being, but as I am much of an alcoholic, I actually thought increasingly throughout this that there is a ?message? and the message is (fill in the blank with every possible silly alcoholic thing including ?There is a God and God says let?s have a martini!!!??. Instead, however, this morning in a moment of earthly clarity, I walked away from my house to where my phone would not jump onto the wireless connection but the phone company one, and THERE YOU WERE. So with some reloading and tweaking of Lord Bird Heart?s daunting pyramid of routers, thingamajigs, deelyboppers, and dedoodles, HERE I AM, still sober albeit still taking thing things a bit personally it seems:H. Always looking for an excuse. Love, Ladybird.
                      may we be well

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 2

Glad to see you found your way back LBH
                        Didn't you get my email response???? I did write to you from another email account though - hmm!

btw - I don't think God ever tells us it's OK to have a martini :H

The veggie garden is all planted. My daughter has done most of the work on it but it is our mother-daughter project
                        Of course with the garden being in my yard I will be responsible for 95% of the weeding & watering :H
                        Looks like we're in for a week's worth of rain starting Saturday so by the time it ends I'm sure the weeds will be knee high

How's everyone else doing?

Dill & Shelley - are you out there??
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 2

Evening, friends! Sitting still for the first time since 5:00 am today - big pack up of my client today. But it was peaceful, and I took it slowly (will not charge the client the extra hours, but it was so nice not to rush and be in a panic).

LBH - what a story! Right up there with finding your magical contact when it had gone awol. I think maybe there were sunbursts or something coming in from outer space -- I have had 3 days of ridiculous technical difficulties, crowned with not being able to receive calls on my mobile phone this morning - only the most important morning, when everyone involved in this move needs to check in with me and get info to move forward, etc. No time to get to a Verizon store, so did all the likely things: reset, battery, said yes and no to all the configuration questions, nothing. Then suddenly around 10:00 I got a call (which I did not recognize, because the ringers and everything had changed). !!!....whatever! Anyway, great to hear from you!

Cassia - please know we are all supporting you - what a trial you are going through - tomorrow is your last day, right? Take care --

Chill - so glad things are looking up -

Everyone everyone happy evening/morning -- will greet more personally later, I need a bit of a lie-down at the moment -- cheers --
                          to the light

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 2

Good morning movers

LBH it is lovely to hear from you and I loved your story although I have to say I'm with Lav on that one :H
                            Lavande;1113900 wrote: I don't think God ever tells us it's OK to have a martini :H
                            I'm sitting up in bed here using my iPad and loving the privilege! I just took a photo which I will share later of my new view. I don't think you have "Ikea" in the States but it's a huge discount furniture outlet. The prices are fantastic but you have to assemble it yourself. Last night was spent putting together two chests of drawers and I'm very pleased with the result.

I joined a new gym which is absolutely amazing! I'm used to my small rural one although as you know mostly I went out cycling, it's way to cold to do that here and this gym has lots of spin classes and yoga! It's a huge place and is always bustling with people so I'm looking forward to the complete change of environment.

After the short to do list today I intend to take the weekend off to relax. Its so long since I've cleared my mind, taken time to meditate or to simply just "be", I need to catch up on all my Hayhouse Radio shows and get myself centered again in my spiritual practice.

I hope no one is superstitious about today's date, I will be making sure today is lucky for me, I mean we really do make our own, don't we
                            "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                            AF - JAN 1st 2010
                            NF - May 1996

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 2

TGIF and Happy Friday The 13th, Movers!

Chill-It's great to seeing you settling in with such ease, and that is fabulous that you have an amazing gym nearby. That is a MUST for me, too, wherever I live. Yes, we have Ikea in the States....there's a humongous one not too far from me. Yes, I am superstitious, actually. I always watch the original movie, "Friday The 13th" on this day.

Cyn-don't you find "technical difficulties" the most frustrating? Especially in our lines of work.

LBH-It is soooo good to hear from you! I have missed your whimsical posts.

I am working a 12-hour work day today. It's Rusty O'Clock here, 3:30, time to get up! HAHAAHH! Then, I'm taking my mom to our favorite hangout for dinner. Tomorrow, she and I are helping guide her deaf and blind clients through a tour of the Harley Davidson Motorcycle Museum. It's supposed to be fantastic....and they have a lovely restaurant for lunch. I'm looking forward to tomorrow....spending time with my mom and contributing to people who really need it. People who are both deaf and blind live such a life of isolation...they love to be around other people, and I love being around them.

A big hello to everyone else, have a wonderful AF Friday the 13th!

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 2

Greeting's Mover/groover's!

Great to see you LBH. Have been wondering where you'd got to.
                                Don't work too hard Rusty, and have a great day tomorrow at the Harley museum. Your mum and you are doing very honourable work. You'll have a ball i reckon!

Happy POETS day everyone. xx

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                                X