Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving thru May - Week 2

hey all

last day of work today. Feeling good. Stomach is a bit wonky but it will be fine. Two days left - hard to believe.

have a great af day all. will write more later.

x
    'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 2

Good Morning Movers!

Happy Friday even though it is the 13th :H I don't think I'm very superstitious. I'm with you, Chill. It's up to us to make it the type of day we want it to be.

Chill - It really is great to hear about you getting settled into your new place. You are a survivor and will come out on TOP. You're already making great strides. Congratulations.

Cassia - I'm sorry, I must of missed something in the older posts. It sounds like today is your last day at work? Sounds like you are feeling strong and in a good frame of mind. Good luck with today.

Rusty - Anytime I think that I am up early I think of YOU and know that you must already be up and about. Have you ever been called the 'Energizer Bunny"? (Not to be confused with Lav's grandson). Have fun tomorrow at the Harley Davidson Motorcycle Museum. I just recently learned that the Milwaukee area was the home of Harley Davidson - I had no idea!

Yesterday was a very long travel day for me and I was feeling very cranky when I arrived home last night. The smaller regional jets that they use today for the majority of business travel are so uncomfortable and crowded. It was a completely full flight and I had a window seat (which I abhor!) so I was not a happy camper.

Feeling more like myself this morning. One thing I noticed is that after I've been away for a few days, my little Westie is very alert and playful in the morning. Normally, he is sound asleep like a log and I have to wake him up. This morning, HE was up first, running around the bed and letting me know he was there. He was so happy that his Daddy was home :h

I am planning to work from home today so I don't have to deal with the hour commute back and forth to the office that I normally have so that's a good thing.

Hope everyone has a great AF Friday!
      John
      AF since 7/13/2010

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 2

Good morning to all, I didn't realize it was Friday the 13th. I like the attitude, let's make this a good luck day.

Cassia, you will feel so many emotions on your last day. Last Friday was mine, and I had so many fellow employees tell me good bye, want to talk, hugs, etc. I kept telling myself I would not cry. Actually, I did not feel like crying, just wanted to leave on good terms. I wish the same for you. Big changes, you will handle them all with your best as you are AF.

Today, I am especially grateful to be AF. Again, big cravings, but I knew they were going to come. My husband told me that he too feels like drinking and that we have to help each other. So, that is really helpful to me, to have that support. The thing is, I have so much more of a life AF. I was laughing so hard last night, prepared a lovely dinner, and talked to all my people, made arrangements for today.......come on, drinking, I would have fallen asleep early and woken up today feeling like a little piece of $#$$. Plus, I realized that when I drink, I separate myself from God, the Universe, my better self. I never would have had the courage or opportunity to leave my old job for new if I was drinking. It just never would have happened. What do you all think?

What have each of you done, AF, that you would not have had the courage to change if you were drinking?

Chill, how nice that you are discovering new fun stuff to do in your area. There are tradeoffs for everything. I think you might really like the yoga classes, I hope so. Have fun.

LBH, good to hear you are doing well. Thanks for stopping in, we always love to hear from you.

PAguy, animals are so loving. I was just woken up by one of my kitties, who decided it was time for me to play.

Well, I am done with American Idol for the year. My favorite was voted off. That's it for me. It was nice to see the season this year.

To all, have a great AF day.
        Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 2

Friday the 13th? I had no clue :H
          Never gave it a thought - guess I'm not too worried about stuff

Chill, I love, love IKEA! Have their catalog sitting right here. My kids go there often when they need 'stuff' for their houses

Greetings to everyone this morning! Cassia, we are with you in spirit today.
          John, have a good work from home day, you deserve the break. Star, Rusy & G, hello to you!

Wishing everyone a good day!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 2

Special message to LBH!

I resent that email to you from my Gmail account. Hope you get it
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 2

Hello all, catching up on all the posts. Home sweet home John, nowhere like it. I travel a bit too and love to be home. Nothing like a friendly westie to cheer the spirits.
              Chill great you are on line and I hope you are adjusting to the cooler Celtic weather conditions. Rusty well done on the exam and sure you will fly through the next bit, after the summer.. Star, We are a bit behind in Europe so Now dying to know whe is knocked out. I will see it tomorrow. All very talented singers. Good luck in new job! Lavande I was gardening myself today, all the veggies in and the spuds (potatoes) are jumping out of the ground. Good you are feeling better cassia, tough time for you. Jolie, hope things ok at work.

Cyn tree you sound busy, hi guitarista, pap mom, DG, rustop, uni, LBH, AFM, Lvt, kalsa, bear, inchains, and everyone else who posts here today.

I am doing ok. Get urges and work through them. Diet orange soda is my new pleasure. I am on day 65 and I am actually only now thawing out and finding out who I am, sounds corney but Life off the crazy treadmill gives me a chance to reflect. I was totally trapped in a negative cycle for years. I am way less stressed and my mood is more consistent which is great. Booze really attacks self esteem. I felt guilty drinking, functioned to hide my problem and just felt awful most of the time. Always hiding. One of the best things is no hangovers. Bliss lots to work on but getting there.

Congrats pap mom on 1year AF.

It is a happy Friday 13th

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 2

Evening all

Newgrange - It doesnt sound at all corny! Life off the sauce opens up our minds and we get amazing clarity. You are in that wonderful period, in my 1st few months I was constantly amazed at all the ah-ha moments. It was like waking up after being in a coma.

Cyn - I hope you are well rested and having a relaxing weekend.

Rusty - Im the same as Paguy and inspired by your energy, for everyone on this thread the early hours of the morning will forever be known as Rusty o'clock! Had an amazing spin class today, I just love love love this new gym......

Mr G - I love the new profile pic :h was it taken recently?

Cass - how are you feeling tonight? Are all your clothes and stuff packed and ready to go?

Paguy - Your story about your dog made me smile, Elle is always demanding my attention and if I go out for longer than usual you pulls her blanket out her bed in protest and leaves it in the middle of the room!

Lav - Glad you know what im talking about with Ikea, after living is such an un sophistocated country Im in awe of how user friendly and high tech the UK is. When I go to the supermarket im gobsmacked by everything i see and how cheap it is. We had so little products over there and paid so much for everything other than locally produced goods like oranges! Having been away for nearly 10 years so much has been developed and i feel like ive been transported into the future.

Star - I hear you on how much more of a life we have AF. Whenever I remotely think about drinking I consider now just how much there is too loose, having a clear mind is priceless. Every single thing we do is easier, strength is found where it didnt exist before, joy is even more pleasurable and pain shorter lived.
                "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                AF - JAN 1st 2010
                NF - May 1996

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 2

Newgrange;1114420 wrote: Hello all, catching up on all the posts. Home sweet home John, nowhere like it. I travel a bit too and love to be home. Nothing like a friendly westie to cheer the spirits.
                  Chill great you are on line and I hope you are adjusting to the cooler Celtic weather conditions. Rusty well done on the exam and sure you will fly through the next bit, after the summer.. Star, We are a bit behind in Europe so Now dying to know whe is knocked out. I will see it tomorrow. All very talented singers. Good luck in new job! Lavande I was gardening myself today, all the veggies in and the spuds (potatoes) are jumping out of the ground. Good you are feeling better cassia, tough time for you. Jolie, hope things ok at work.

Cyn tree you sound busy, hi guitarista, pap mom, DG, rustop, uni, LBH, AFM, Lvt, kalsa, bear, inchains, and everyone else who posts here today.

I am doing ok. Get urges and work through them. Diet orange soda is my new pleasure. I am on day 65 and I am actually only now thawing out and finding out who I am, sounds corney but Life off the crazy treadmill gives me a chance to reflect. I was totally trapped in a negative cycle for years. I am way less stressed and my mood is more consistent which is great. Booze really attacks self esteem. I felt guilty drinking, functioned to hide my problem and just felt awful most of the time. Always hiding. One of the best things is no hangovers. Bliss lots to work on but getting there.

Congrats pap mom on 1year AF.

It is a happy Friday 13th
                  Hello Magical Mover's!

Hi New Grange. This is a fabulous post, and warms me little heart. Congratulations on 65 day's. That is a huge achievement, and i know you are very proud of yourself, as you should be. Booze really does attack self esteem, and my self esteem/confidence now i don't drink is high, and healthy. Reflecting on who this person actually is, when the fog lifts sure is interesting. Sobriiety, and reclaiming our life is an ongoing process i think, and yep, we must be pro-active, do the work, and take action. But for me, this is not work, it is a constant joy, and an alway's exciting, and interesting journey, as the treasures slowly but surely unfold before me. Keep it going! x

Hi Chilli! Glad you've found a great gym. Can't wait for the pics of your new view! We have Ikea here too. (Yes, my avatar pic is from a gig earlier this year).

Have a great weekend everyone, and think positive. Hey, it's spring/summer in the northern hemisphere right? Enjoy!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 2

ok guys here an insight into my new world, VERY different from my last one!

You cant actually see my apartment, its the top floor end one hidden by the house

these are taken from my bedroom

the rugged coast in front of the apartment block

This is the boatyard along the road
                    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                    AF - JAN 1st 2010
                    NF - May 1996

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 2

Absolutely beautiful Chilli!

Thanks for the pic's. Off to work i go on a saturday morning! But i can't complain, life is great, and who knows what adventures await?

L8tr, Yo! xx

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 2

Watch out for the Lochness monster!

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 2

Guitarista;1114460 wrote: Watch out for the Lochness monster!
                          AF - JAN 1st 2010
                          NF - May 1996

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 2

Oh Chill-I absolutely LOVE your pics! You are sooooo lucky! I know the weather isn't as nice as Portugal but god that is beautiful country you're living in!! I'm so happy for your on so many levels!!

Newgrange-great job on the 65 days! Whoo hoo!!

Star-you hang tough and don't let that horrid beast win! If I can do it, you can!

Cyn-glad you're getting a little down time now. When do you guys move back east?

LBH-welcome back! Glad the technology gremlins have been banished! I've missed you!!

Rusty-your trip tomorrow sounds like so much fun! Can't wait to hear all aout it!

John-welcome back home! Glad you were able to work from home today and you have all weekend to rest and relax!

Lav-by now the weather is cold and dreary for you and heading our way. That's OK. I got my front lawn mowed and trimmed (it was beginning to look like a slum yard!) tonite and I am happy with that. I'll spend the weekend of rotten weather inside and working. Maybe, just maybe when I get back to work on Monday I will feel somewhat back in control. But prolly not!!

Cass-you hang in there! The hard part is almost over. Once you get stateside you'll be so busy your head will be spinning!! And we'll be here for you.

It's been a rollercoaster of a week that's for sure and today was the worst. Yesterday I got the offer for Job #1. 5k lower than what I'm making now. Very disappointing. Today they told me that supposedly the VP of HR will be calling me on Monday to discuss the salary but I have absolutely no hope they will negotiate. That's too bad because I think it would be a great position and a lot of fun. I wish them luck with choice number 2. Last nite I got the estimate on making my car tow worthy-5K! what is it with this number??? I only paid 5k for this car a year ago. Remember how excited I was to get it? I LOVE this car but I won't put that kind of money into it only to stress it to the max everytime I tow with it. I'm heartbroken and not really sure I can afford to buy a bigger car that can handle towing easily. I still owe my dad 4K on the car and on my take home pay would not be able to afford more than $50 more (what I'm paying every month for the fridge I bought last July and it will be paid off in 2 months). I may have to scrap the camper :upset:. I also found out today that Job #2 has not made any decisions but that they are bringing in 1 more person to interview. That tells me I am no longer in the running. So, back to the drawing board.
                            So, not only do I have mega car expenses (even if I don't tow anything this work has to be done, just not all at once), no more new job possibilities but all extra expenses have to be slashed. I can't buy the used agility equipment I was going to get tomorrow, I can't do any more nosework classes with LM and I have to quit agility classes which is what hurts the most. I probably can't even enter any more trials this summer especially without a camper as I totally can't afford a hotel.
                            It's been so painful today that I wanted nothing more than to dive into a bottle of Pinot Grigio. I just couldn't tho. I've worked too hard to throw it all away on one lousy drunk. I'd feel like crap tomorrow, wouldn't get any work done and might relapse big time because of the vicious circle. But still, even as I write this the beast is banging at the door and trying to tell me that I might as well drink as life sucks right now, no one wants me as an employee, I'm a fat shite and I'm teetering on possible bankruptcy. Why not drink? thank god I'm in my jammies, have no energy to go out and have some Rocky Road in the freezer. It may be my dinner.
                            New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 2

Good evening folks!

Ah papmom.......I'm sorry about the job stuff! Money woes just seem to jump up & bite you in the ass from time to time, I know!
                              You're not going to drink over this because you're way too smart for that!!!!! Indulge in the Rocky Road & tune into some nice Hayhouse Radio tonight :l

Newgrange - CONGRATS on your 65 AF days! Now, don't you feel better?
                              I love to do some gardening at least until it gets too hot out! I'm hoping for a somewhat cooler summer around here, last year was terrible!

Chill, love your pics
                              I hope you are very happy in your new home (furnished by IKEA of course)

Hello G, love your new pic too

I ended up with most of the family here for dinner again - didn't plan it - just happened!
                              Cooking dinner, holding the new babies & chasing EB around at the same time makes for a tired Lav tonight

Wishing everyone a good night!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 2

Good morning friends

Papmom - I feel you frustrations, I really do, sometimes it's like life is conspiring against us wherever we turn. At these times AL will always try to sneak in but you are so over that! Imagine waking up hungover with the same issues to think about....uuggh doesn't bear thinking about does it?! I have also found that just when we think it's impossible something turns up, Im beginning to think it's the Universe testing us to come up with alternative solutions. Another better paid job will be out there and so will an affordable car to tow your camper. it's on it's way, keep the faith. :l

Lav - dinner sounds both lovely and exhausting.....

Wishing you all a wonderful Saturday, I have a whole clear day and not sure yet what to do with it.
                                AF - JAN 1st 2010
                                NF - May 1996

Comment

Working...
                                X