Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving thru May - Week 4

Good Evening Moving Mavens and Men,

Star-I so can understand your anxiety with your job and worrying about the future. I do the same thing....even though my sister always tells me worrying is a waste of time. Her favorite saying is "don't borrow trouble." I can't help myself, though. I'm a prolific worry wart. Regarding spirituality, I was raised Catholic and although I am not always consistent with going to Mass, my faith is very strong. Meditation is not something I have practiced but I really don't have any interest in it either. I have wonderful relaxation tapes that a friend gave me years ago that I like before I go to sleep. They help me get to sleep and get back to sleep when I need them. His voice is so soothing to me....he used to give smoking cessation and weight loss seminars, and used his tapes in the treatment of his clients.

Chill-I hope your date goes well and glad Mr. McNotso is on his way home....you were very, very sweet to entertain him, though.:l

Rebirth-I miss you and it's great to see you. What's up with your BF? How is your cute soon? Any new pics?

Lav-You were up at Rusty O'Clock this morning?:h Sorry to hear YB's visit still cause you angst but I can totally understand.:l

Cassia-how is the apartment hunting coming?

Dew-who is having the birthday party? Is this your niece or granddaughter? Sorry if you posted earlier and I missed it.

Pagiy-Where are you, friend?

A shutout to Rustop, Sooty, LBH, G, Determinator, Jolie and anyone else who comes by, have a wonderful evening.

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

Good evening friends,

Yes, I am tired & hopefully will not have any nightmares tonight!
      This all stems from tons of unresolved stuff with YB. He won't talk or answer any questions. I need certain answers so I can take the necessary steps to bring some balance into my life. There never really has been any balance where he is concerned & that's obvious now!!!!
      I'm sick of the metal manipulation. This is all just so weird

BUT, I did have time today for a hair cut, a little shopping, lunch with friends, had the 3 grandkids & their Mom's here for dinner ~ all good stuff

Heading off to bed soon!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

Good morning guys

Names for June...... I like joyful and joyous, I was reading about the definition of true happiness and joy is like a sub state of happiness, usually a fleeting emotion but more intense, we could all do with a burst of extreme happiness don't you think?

Lav - it must be so so draining to have someone who refuses to communicate, as someone who wears my heart on my sleeve I would want to shake him so hard.

Star - I hope you have no serious worries about the job, your focus on your physical well being is wonderful. It always makes my day go better when I take the time to do this. I'm with Lav on Hayhouse Radio, I love it! If I ever need a spiritual lift, listening to Wayne Dyer always restores the balance for me. Talking of which I will be seeing him in London in just a few weeks time!

Well McNotso got away on time, hooray! And I got to date my Doc :h we had the most wonderful afternoon and evening, this time our date was 10 hours and I had to drag myself away. He is eccentic and his dog is completely mad! Unfortunately he has a cat which Elle wants to kill and we had some real mayhem. His house is a 3 story Victorian which he is completely restoring and has cherry bannisters, oak floors and amazing stained glass windows, each room has an amazing fireplace all being restored to working order. Oh and did I mention we have another date tonight......

On other news I have an interview! It's only for a part time job Saturday's/Sunday's as a receptionist in a Mercedes dealership but it would be a start. I can't believe how life is falling into place here and I'm so used to it going wrong I can't quite accept it when good things happen to me.

Have a wonderful day everyone, I intend to....
        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
        AF - JAN 1st 2010
        NF - May 1996

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

Good morning everyone

Bright and breezy here this morning, not as bad as the other days so hopefully it picks up. I too like the idea of joyful or joyous for June. We have a lot to be joyful for. New jobs, new countries, our families, fighting the good fight against Al etc. etc.

Chill - I have so enjoyed sharing your journey over the last year. So much has happened for you and it is great to see you so upbeat. Glad McNotso got away and that you had a nice date.

Star - Hope all works out in the new job. You are right to focus on your health and well being. I am a practicing catholic, not every week but I do have faith. I also did a meditation course which I really enjoyed. Unfortunately my every day life at the moment is so go,go,go that I never seem to have time to practice it. One of these days when things settle down I will take it up again. I know I should make time and it would benefit me but I can only seem to keep so many things going at the one time. At the moment I am focussing on my weight and staying off Al and getting my daughter through her exams.

Lav - I think you have the patience of a saint. I am afraid I would be like Chill or whoever said they would shake him.

Rusty - Hope your travels are going well.

Big hello to John, Papmom, Sooty, Cassia, Jolie, Dewdrop, Rebirth and whoever else drops in or I missed.

Rustop

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

Good morning all...

OK Lav, it is raining here for the second straight day. But we need it. I planted more grass seed on a bare spot in the lawn, so rain is the best thing for it. I just never remember to go out and water my plants. Mother Nature does a much better job. I can see where your relatilnship with your husband would be troubling, to give you the silent treatment, refusing to talk. I hate that. When I was young my Dad did that to me and it was horrible. Remember though, you have power of your own in deciding how you will be treated. Sounds like you had a lovely day yesterday. :h

Chill, your Doc sounds such an interesting man. How fun to get to know someone when everything is new and fresh. Thank goodness your guest was able to leave. I was reading in the paper that Scotland was cancelling flights. Interesting for me to know individuals in Scotland, it made the volcano in Iceland so much more real. Good luck on your job interview. You are right, it is sometimes hard to accept good things happening to us. I don't know the reasons though, I think that is why I just started worrying at my new job.

Jolie, you DO get up early. How nice to have a four day weekend to start out the summer and get some things done. Just think, if you were drinking, that would be your weekend. Now, you can plan work stuff, fun stuff, and remember it all in good health. :l I really love being AF.

Rustop, how is your AF journey going? I know you are busy running around, as I noted before, I remember those days! It goes really fast though. I am looking forward to seeing my daughter this weekend. I haven't seen her for a month or so. It is hard to live far away. But, they grow up and hopefully get their own lives. Does the volcanic ash affect your weather?

Rusty, do you get to be home this long weekend? Thanks for sharing that you worry sometimes too. Or maybe more than sometimes. I have been able to put the worry away for now, hope you can too.

To all, have a great AF day.
            Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

Good morning movers!

It's Thursday (my Friday) here and I can't wait to get this work day over!

Star - I was raised in the Episcopal church and in the past several years, only went sporadically which always bothered me because I really enjoy going. Since I've started this battle with the bottle, I have been going consistently - even have talked hubby into going with me and truthfully, it has given me so much strength and a huge sense of peace. I think spirituality is so important and I'm not talking a specific religion or even church at all. It's what is right for each individual, whether it be meditation, reading, listening to spiritual programs on the radio, church - whatever it is that give you a sense of peace and calmness.

Rusty - I listen to a relaxing musical CD before bed (waves crashing in the background) but I'm always looking for something new. I always thought someones voice would be hard to listen to but I'd like to give it a try. Can I ask who it is that you listen to?

Lav - tell me to butt out and mind my own business if this is too personal but are you and he still married? If you don't think he would consider counseling and won't open up to you emotionally, do you think maybe it's time to end the marriage and move on with your life? You are truly such a giving person and I can't help but believe that there is someone out there for you that will truly appreciate you for the beautiful person you are, and it doesn't sound like YB is that man. Why is he keeping you in this limbo? It's totally not fair to you. Just my two cents and like I said - hope I didn't butt in where I shouldn't have.

Chill - your new doc's house sounds amazing and you sound so positive - I am really happy for you. Isn't it amazing how things can totally change for us in the matter of months?

Good morning to Rebirth, Cassia, Papmom Paguy, sooty, dew - what are everyone's plans for the holiday weekend!

Have a great AF Thursday everyone!
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

Morning all,

Just checking in to let you know I am alive and job is great. Will type more later!!!

Xx
                'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

Good morning my lovelies.

Chill- Doc's house sounds lush!! Good luck with the job. I am so glad to hear that things are falling into place with you. Isnt life amazing at times. How it can change so suddenly and bring you into a totally different dimension...

Rusty- My BF is fine. He just irritates me for some reason. I think it's because he is just there..maybe I cant do the relationships anymore. Maybe I need to be a hermit..or just a furmum.Maybe I need a BIG BUCKET OF BISCUITS!lol

My healthy lifestyle is still doing well. I have turned into an exercise freak but i dont mind. It keeps me busy and away from the fridge!

A warm hello to everyone. x
                  Be strong-
                  We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
                  Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

Good Thursday morning all!

Slept like a normal person last night - what a relief!

rebirth, good to see you
                    Absolutely nothing wrong with being an exercise freak - enjoy yourself & ignore the BF:H

Greetings Chill, Ristop, Jolie, Cassia, Star, Rusty & everyone!

Hot & humid weather forecasted here for the rest of the week so I need to get outside jobs done early then retreat to the comfort of the AC.

Wishing everyone a great AF Thursday - will be back later
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

Lav I feel for you in the YB situation as you do seem to be stuck in some kind of no man?s land while you wait for him to sort his life out?? I hope you find some balance and the nightmares stop and I empathise with Jolie?s thoughts. I spent a couple of years emotionally and mentally tied to my ex and it wasn?t until I decided to cut him out of my life that I was able to move on and actually have a life of my own ? very difficult though :l:l Jolie why do you have to get up at 4.40am ? that?s the middle of the night! and good luck with the wallpaper steamer not my idea of a good holiday weekend but it will be great to get it finished I?m sure. On the meditation I really recommend doing a course because I don?t think it?s something you can teach yourself, you can buy guided meditation cd?s though and that might help to start. The wandering mind can be a tricky thing!! An excellent site is Wildmind Buddhist Meditation - Learn Meditation Online for meditation and also Buddhism/spirituality.

Star I am with you on the spirituality front, I have decided that this year I will remain as calm, centred and grounded as I possibly can and avoid negative vibes and people (easier said than done I know!). I have just started a new book called Buddhism: Tools for Living your Life by Vajragupta which was recommended to me when I was on my retreat. ?It?s a guide for those seeking a meaningful spiritual path while living everyday life full of families, work and friends.? I am not a Buddhist myself but really like the philosophy and am trying to lead a more mindful life, I am only now appreciating that meditation for me is not simply a way of unwinding for half an hour at the start or end of the day, but a whole new way of living and I need to incorporate it into my everyday life.

Rusty
                      it was my youngest granddaughter who had the second birthday which was a riot, she was so excited when I got there which wasn?t helped by the fact that she refused to have her mid day nap. One of the parcels I had for her was a little rainmac like a ladybird, it was red with black dots and has ladybirds for pockets and little ears on the hood with matching wellie boots, and well she insisted on putting it all on and then wouldn?t take them off I?d also love to hear which relaxation cd?s you like as I am always on the lookout for good ones. Chill
                      good luck with the dating and the interview, things in your universe are really coming together for you, what an adventure you are on isn?t life wonderful and you never really know what ?s around the corner. Your life really has set off on a completely new unchartered path.

I?m off to have a healthy dinner, baked potato with hummous and crumbled white stilton cheese and a bean and rocket salad. I?ve been distracted this week with sugary foods (biscuits, chocs, etc) and skipping meals which have left me a bit flat (compounded by being back at work!) so tonight I?m eating well and having an early night to set me up for a busy Friday and the weekend.

Hi to Cassia, Rustop, Rebirth, Paguy, Sooty, Cyn, LBH, Dill, Mr G and where has Papmom gone?? Apologies if I?ve missed anyone.

Dewdrop :h
                      Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

Greetings Friends:

I've haven't been posting much lately but I am doing fine. I started my long holiday weekend extra early, taking today and tomorrow off so I've had a leisurely productive day so far. The HOT weather is here now (close to 90 degrees today) and it's supposed to stay quite warm through the Memorial Day holiday. Summer is here!

Lav and Jolie - The stink bugs have returned!!! I've seen at least 4 of them in my house over the past couple of days. I think the heat really draws them out.

For those of you who are dog lovers, I recently finished a book that I can recommend: The Story of Edgar Sawtelle, Oprah's Book Club Series, David Wroblewski, (9780061374234). Paperback - Barnes & Noble. It is based on a family that raises dogs and their son is born mute and he develops a special relationship with the animals as he raises and trains them. A family tragedy/mystery is the major plot and it is quite good.

Speaking of dogs, I just dropped off my little guy at the groomers. With this heat, he really needed a good groom and trim. He will be very happy when he gets home later tonight.

I see that everyone is keeping busy - best wishes to all of you....
                        John
                        AF since 7/13/2010

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

Good Evening my May Movers! Can you believe we're almost to June? Any upbeat adjective is fine with me!!
                          It's been a very busy week at work. I didn't put in any overtime but I managed to get it all done despite a major setback on Tues that dumped twice as much work in my lap. I had a tiny cry just to let out the frustration over the ineptness of others but then I dug right in and got the job done. I don't seem to be able to really really cry anymore. I attempt it when I'm really feeling blue and hopeless but it's almost like "what's the point? It's not going to solve anything and you are wasting time when you could be trying to solve the problem, not wallow in it." Wierd. I'm betting I would have handled this setback a whole lot differently had I still been drinking and dealing with wine head and fatigue if not a major hangover. Thank God for being AF!!

Anyway, I am officially on a mini vacation until Tuesday. I decided at the last minute to take tomorrow off and I am really looking forward to a leisurely weekend, filled with chores and organization. I'm hoping my sister will invite my dad and I over on Sunday or Monday for an impromptu BBQ and pool time. Supposed to be in the 80s but somewhat humid. Will try NOT to break out the AC units yet. My plans are to clean the Paphut thoroughly, try to get the old fridge out of there, switch out my clothes, mow the lawn, laundry and cleaning. Really, that IS leisurely for me :H

Chil-I'm SOOOOO happy to hear that your second date went so well! Even if he doesn't turn out to be your soul mate he sure sounds interesting and his house sounds gorgeous!! God I love victorians and all the old wood and decorative peices!! Good luck with the job interview! I'm calling it that you get the job! You will look GORGEOUS behind that reception area surrounded by Mercedes!! And how you will make all the customers feel like a million bucks! oh wait, they ARE a million bucks!! With your charm and personality and zen like approach to life, you will be the best thing that happened to that dealership! Go get 'em!!

Star-good for you for concentrating on your health and trying to quiet the worry part of your brain. Its so hard isn't it? But so much easier to do AF!!

Jolie-oh, the visual of that lady bird ensemble!! I just adore 2 years olds! As long as they aren't mine that is!!

John-good for you for taking some extra time especially after that grueling business trip. Oh wait-you went to FLA last weekend. Still, you deserve all the R&R you can get! So lil doggie got the summer cut today huh? Cute!!

Rustop-your life is sooo busy-I don't know how you do it all! Thank you for taking the time each day to post. I really look forward to your words!

Dew-Your experience with meditation is very intriguing. I've signe up twice now for the Chopra Center 21 day challenges and only get through the first 2 days. I don't ever seem to have time in the morning as I'm always late as it is and at nite I end up falling asleep in the middle of it!! LOVE Davidji's voice!! I will look at that link you gave us tho.

Lav-glad you were finally able to sleep last nite. I don't know how you are coping with YB's silence. You all know how devestating it was to me last year when my boss didn't speak to me literally for 4 months. He still does this occassionally to me for no good reason. I say the serentity prayer over and over when this happens and really try to believe that this is his problem, not mine. BUT, I didn't live with hime for 30+ years either!! Lav, whatever is meant to be will happen. I just hope that you control whatever you can so that your life is the best it can be, with or without him. :h

Rusty-I too would like to know what tapes you listen to? I've been using an app on my phone called Rest and Relax. It has a TON of sounds you can select,with a timer and a beautiful alarm clock that has the most gentle of sounds to wake you up. Too bad I just turn it off and roll over! :H. The sound I'm really into right now believe it or not is the plain and simple White Noise. I really thought I would like the gentle ocean or the crickets or bubbling brook etc, but they ended up annoying me. Huh.

OK, time to get dinner going and relax with the doggies. All the windows are open in the house and there is a marvelous breeze blowing through. Heaven!!
                          New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

Dewdrop, thank you for the link to the wildmind website! I spent a lot of time reading & listened to the first meditation. This is exactly the stuff my husband needs but how do you get someone interested when they are so chronically depressed? I've been hoping & praying for years for him to wake up & realize that everything really is Ok & that he just needs to stop the negative thinking. I have given him numerous books & online or audio programs.......
                            I will send him the link - maybe this will do the trick.

John, Hot & Humid today - WOW!
                            Looks like a thunderstorm brewing at the moment. Enjoy your time off

papmom, thanks! I'm doing the best I can under the circumstances. I think I was born to learn to deal with difficult people. First my Dad (Oh God!!!), then all the difficult patients I encountered over the years (not to mention the doctors :H:H), my ADHD diagnosed son & now YB
                            In my next life I'm going to be a princess
                            :H
                            Enjoy your long weekend too!

Wish Dill & Shelley would check in.
                            G'nite all.

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

Good morning guys :yay: weekend!

Papmom - its funny you mentioned crying, I have had similar experiences in not being able to have a really good cry, usual I stop myself and tell myself that self pity is pathetic and there are people out there coping with far greater issues than me. These days what does seem to set me off is Music, I listen to a lot of bluesy mellow stuff and yesterday when I was driving I found it making me cry. Glad to see you have a relaxing weekend planned :H

Well I went for my interview and he pretty much said I'd be perfect for the job but he is concerned it would be a very temporary stop gap for me which is a fair point. I should hear in a few days. It's only the minimum wage and very few hours but I'm thinking it would be good for me to get confidence in the big wide world again.

The Doc has asked me if I would be his dog walker as he is away long hours leaving mad Charlie the 5yr old setter on her own. She has so much energy and really needs walking. I'm just not sure I feel comfortable charging a potential "boyfriend" to walk his dog! It would be 3 days a week and that with the weekend work at Mercedes would help me get by. I suppose I could see how it goes and quit if it doesn't work out.
                              "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                              AF - JAN 1st 2010
                              NF - May 1996

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

Great weekend time!!! I am so happy I have four whole days off!!!! Good morning to everyone.

Chill, wow, opportunities everywhere......decisions, decisions. It is hard to decide to take on jobs, so do what your heart tells you. Maybe the first thing is not it, maybe it is. Either way, it will be good to get into a routine, meet more people, and earn a little cash. Has the weather there improved at all? Still cold and rainy for me.......I want a little sunshine!

PAguy, thanks for the book suggestion. I will be going to the library today, I have been looking for a good book. Nice that you have a little extra time off. Hope you get your yard work going, I know I did and it gave me a sense of satisfaction. I go out every day and visit my roses and herbs. I love my yard.

Dew, your description of your grandaughter is priceless. She sounds so cute. Thanks for the encouragement about the meditation.

Lav, hope you have a good weekend.

To all, have a great day, AF.
                                Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Working...
                                X