Moving thru May - Week 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving thru May - Week 4

Hey Chill-I totally get the awkwardness of working for a potential boyfriend. Is there any barter you can arrange? He's obviously very handy and if there is anything in your life that needs regular maintenance or whatever, maybe he could take care of that? OK that may have come out wrong!! Just brainstorming.
    As far as the job goes, don't let any business owner blackmail you. he knows better than to hold the old "I don't want someone leaving after a few weeks/months-looking for a long term employee" crap over your head. In this economic environment there is no more long term anything. Ask him if you give him a guarantee of staying X number of months, will he guarantee not to lay you off for X number of months? Hell no he won't! he could go belly up tomorrow and he knows it. Especially since he's only offering min wage AND it's only weekends! How cheeky! So tell him this, you'll give him a guarantee of X number of months if he'll give you a guarantee of employment for those same months, AND X more hours AND you want min wage PLUS $2 pounds/dollars an hour. Or pick and choose the negotiation points. See what he says to that! Any employer only offering a weekend position with next to nothing hours and min wage has NO right to insist on long term loyalty!! Off my :soapbox: now!!
    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

Papmom - Can I employ you as my spokeswoman?! You are brilliant!

I have decided if im offered the job im not going to take it. The wage is too low and tying up every weekend is not what I want right now. Im loving spending time again with my family and that's usually when I get together with my Sisters. Its early days and I can hold out longer for something with better hours and pay.

The weather here is really dreadful and because im at the coast its very cold. I need to find some good walks inland where's its warmer, I love woodlands.
      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
      AF - JAN 1st 2010
      NF - May 1996

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

I just need to learn to use that Lavadatude on myself Chill!! :H
        Definitely don't settle for now. And, I can tell you from personal experience, weekend jobs SUCK irregardless if you have a full time job during the week or not. Family comes first and it was soooo hard to fit in family time when I had one day off to do all my errands, cleaning, gardening, playing with dogs etc. There's got to be a job out there for regular weekday hours for you.
        Suns out, getting warmer. Finding it hard to get motivated. Don't want to waste the day but not in the mood for the big project I had planned. Sigh.
        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

Good morning friends ~
          Well it's almost 9:30 & I have done nothing except tend to the chickens - oh well :H

John - I will go out to my husband's garage today & take a picture of the stink bug population in there :H Honestly, I went in there yesterday to look for a tool & was totally grossed out Of course, if they stay in there then maybe they'll stay out of my house & off my fruit trees

Chill, I don't think I'd commit to a minimum wage weekend job - unless it was a gateway to something more lucrative ~ just a thought! We have hot & humid weather here, the AC is on running up my power bill but that's the way it has to be

Hello to Star, Cassia, rebirth, Rustop, Rusty, papmom & everyone! Where has the wonderful G been this week?

OK, time to get some things done, dogs fed, etc.
          Have a great day everyone!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

Gratitude

Good Morning May Movers,

I've been reading everyone's post and will write more later but I just wanted to pop in and say hi.

I feel very grateful today. Tomorrow is my 1-year Drunkfree Anniversary and I owe it to you guys!:h I reflected this morning that I was at this same place in Nebraska last year on May 5, and I was dreading the trip. My practice was for over 3 years, when I wanted to avoid doing a task I dreaded....or was dreading traveling to a certain place....I would get trashed on the Sunday night before. Now, I realize that whatever place I'm in, whomever the client may be....it won't be as bad as I think, and I have to say, I've really enjoyed being in Nebraska this week. Working through problems, challenges, stressful situations (like my exam :-( ) is so much easier if I'm not drinking. I am at peace today....happy, invigorated, and I know it's because of the support you all have given me. You cheered with me, laughed with me, consoled me, chewed me out when you thought I needed it (Gee, I wonder who that would be? :H ) and stood by my side the whole way. I will love you guys forever.:h

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

I just wanted to tell cyn that I've been dancing on the dark side of the moon for just about a week. Tonight I will fire up a smudge stick ~ it's been a while since I've chased the evil out of here :H

Rusty dear ~ a little Lavan-itude never killed anyone
              I'm very, very happy for you & your accomplishments this year! I'll send you a little something from my shop :l

Severe storm warnings posted for surrounding counties. Looks like nothing here until possibly tonight.
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

Hello Friends,

Well, the severe weather has me trapped in Omaha! Will I ever see the sun again?:upset:

Lav, you are a dear and wonderful friend....you never chew people out unless they deserve it.:h

I have to respond to some business e-mails but I'll be back later. It feels great to be AF!! Last year, on this date, I had the world's worst hangover and I said I AM DONE!!! Lavinitude!

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

Rusty you lovely lovely lady, millions and trillions of congratulations on your year - you should be so proud of yourself, thanks for sharing that year with us.

I noticed the link to wildmind meditations - there is a cd by them called guided meditations for busy people - I would heartily recommend this. The meditations are lovely and they are just long enough for me as I'm really not experienced enough to sit for ages - and my hip seizes up anyway!

Everything ok my end and I'm so pleased to touch base with you all again. I haven't had much access to my laptop and the weather/ash cloud has affected our internet connection yet again!

Take care of yourselves everyone,even tho I can't post so often at the moment I think of you all. Sending lots of :l:l to all of us

Sooty

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

Rusty - Just wanted to jump in and celebrate with you on one year hangover free!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Lav - Sorry you have been over there on the dark side hope you move back into the sunlight asap :l

Rusty I love all you guys too! Whenever something happens in my life I want to share it here 1st. Its an amazingly unique place where we can open our hearts and souls and not be judged. We can tell secrets we wouldnt tell our friends and I truely believe that is so healing for us.

I have just had a walk in the park with Doc and the dogs followed by dinner in a cosy pub. I know im way too impatient but he didnt say when we'd see one another again and that drives me crazy! He is seriously cute......
                    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                    AF - JAN 1st 2010
                    NF - May 1996

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

Hi May friends. Happy One Year RUSTY! There is a window of gorgeous weather here and I so enjoy the garden. It is just bursting with everything insisting on living (like me). I am so fortunate to take pleasure in my home life as much as I do right now, just living a simple life. We picked up our new dog last Friday and she is the shyest little girl, I could not even touch her for a couple of days although she would take food from my hand. She is coming along now, following me like shadow everywhere, and very much wanting to be a part of things, she just doesn?t know her lines as yet. She is also remarkably fat, she looks exactly like a small pork roast. I think all the shy and lonely little dog did was hide out and eat for two and half years. She loves our other Yorkshire and cat but is very afraid of people, and if one does pick her up or put her on a leash, she goes completely still, passive, frozen. She doesn?t shake or struggle, she disappears inside her lost self. Lately, however, she is also letting me pet her and in the mornings she puts her paws up on the bed with the happiest face. It will take a long time, but this unveiling is going to be really good. Speaking of dogs, I also liked the book you mentioned John, The Story of Edgar Sawtelle. I additionally am intrigued by all the talk on the thread about spirituality and personal growth from Dew, Chill, Lav, Star, Jolie et. al., the subject seems to strike a chord with lots of people as always. While I have always thought of myself as an atheist, I do find some of the definitions of spirit or soul or God to certainly be far less off-putting than I once did and consistent with an old physicist friend who once assured me it all made sense if you just did the math:H. For everybody in discovery mode with new lands and jobs and relationships I shall vicariously participate; for those like me who are currently coasting, enjoy taking a big sweet breath and commit to memory what it feels like to be relatively peaceful; and for anybody struggling, hold tight to your plan, it is always as temporary as everything else. Love, Ladybird.
                      may we be well

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

For some unknown reason the universe has been throwing little things in my way for the past seven days.
                        Broken car parts, nightmare, sleepless night ~ annoying but manageable.
                        This afternoon - not so much! I found my 100 lb Swissy on my front porch panting like she was having a heart attack or something. Then I see that she is bleeding profusely from the mouth. I wiped her all down, looked for the source of the bleeding but couldn't find anything. I was lucky to be able to get my son-in-law here to help me transport her to the hospital. The Vet spent 20 min searching & finally found that Maxie had somehow punctured the roof of her mouth with her bottom cannine. Maxie is sedated & spending the night in the hospital with the hope that the puncture will seal itself off without being sutured (hard area to get to).

Honestly, I've had enough this week! I'm tired & on the verge of getting seriously cranky:H

LBH, nice to see you - hope you enjoy your little doggie

Rusty, hope you can relax tonight & wake up happy on your anni!

Chill, start sending those good vibes this way!!! Glad you are enjoying yuorself.

Hi Sooty, always nice to see you here!

I'm going to get some sleep. Let's hope tomorrow is a huge improvement!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

Oh, Lav, poor you and poor big giant doggie. Sometimes things really do implode, hands over our heads, raining down. You rest, dear nurse, you help so many people, breathe, let go a bit, and have a good sweet pink escape dream. Love, Ladybird.
                          may we be well

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

Hey all -

Just wanted to congratulate Rusty on being one ear sober. Well done u!!! I am so proud of you and delighted to call you my friend. Here's to you on this very important day. X
                            'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

Good morning Gang

Lav - how absolutely scary about your dear Swissie, thank God they found the cause and that she is ok. This will hopefully mark the end of your bad spell, these times are so damn difficult, I've had runs of them when EVERYTHING breaks down, usually electrical items and I have read that they are picking up irratic energy from us. The difficultly is the more it continues the worse we feel and it's a horrible continuous cycle. Get smudging and do some serious relaxation techniques and meditation. Maybe do something to really pamper yourself or treat yourself to something new, just break the pattern. Sending you positive chill vibes of which I seem to have in abundance at the moment. :l

LBH - I love your phrase "insisting on living" living instead of just existing is certainly how AF life becomes. Your poor dear little dog sounds so so sweet, how sad she is so nervous, that breaks my heart. With lots of love she will hopefully get over this soon, they are such wonderful trusting creatures. When I rescued Elle she was similarly traumatized, terrified of all men and cowered everyone you lifted a hand to stroke her. Now she is a bossy self confident little madam!
                              AF - JAN 1st 2010
                              NF - May 1996

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

Good morning everyone

Just a quick check in before I bring my daughter for her last ever maths grind, yipee!!!!

Rusty - congratulations on your one year, it has been a pleasure to share this journey with you. Hope you soon get moving again and get home.

Lav - Big hugs, you know what they say, it never rains but it pours. In all senses this week in your neck of the woods. Hope your doggie is ok.

LBH - your new doggie sounds so, so sweet. Before you know it she will be running the place and have you wrapped around her little paw.

John and Sooty - thanks for the book and meditation link recommendations. Must check both out.

Everyone else big hello and hope you all have a wonderful AF week-end.

Rustop

Comment

Working...
                                X