X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Joyous June

Good evening friends,

I had a nice day with my girls, grateful

Star, so glad to hear your dinner turned out well & made everyone happy too!
    I really don't remember the cost for the FoK app, you'll have to check it out. Totally worth it for me though.
    I just read an article this morning on the Save Our Bones website that cashews are not considered tree nuts so they will not bother your allergies. I've been buying the 5 lb bags of raw cashews on Amazon & storing them in the fridge. Do you also react to peanuts? Just wondering.
    Nice you are getting some validation from your former coworkers. I imagine it's the same person still causing the problems
    Hope your friend is 'nice'.

Pauly, the cashew ricotta is quick & simple. You make it & use it right away, no ripening needed. Just throw everything into a blender or food processor & spin it until it's smooth.
    Sorry you have to change your trip plans. It will be good to get all this behind you & resume your life & plans in a positive & healthy manner. Hang in there & use us as needed :hug:

Cyn, where we used to live there was noise ordinances & most people followed the rules. Around here in cow country - no, they don't, ha ha!! These farmers are up doing what they want to do at first light & nothing is going to stop them. Did I ever mention the young man that lives next door & his fondness for target practice any old time he feels like shooting? He has scared me & the grandkids dozens of times. Not funny!
    I hope the hemp oil helps your poor dog. I'll be anxious to hear how it goes.
    I find it difficult to keep up with the 80/20 alkaline/acids foods, some days I do pretty well, some days I do not. Marion says not to worry about it too much so I am taking her advice. I think we are doing well just doing the best we can do.

Have a peaceful night everyone!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning friends, Star,hope you're having a great timeLav,granddaughter's puzzle pic was cute,I thought the black thing was a BBQ grill or something, I love how little ones see the world Cyn,hope you have a nice day, got to get back to my veggie overload, yesterday I felt yuck and heavy,not heavy in weight just heavy ya know? Also I'm gonna try to avoid dairy cuz I think it makes me moody? I've been fine then have almost instant mood swings after having yogurt,milk or cheese,can't be in my head cuz I can truly feel it,plus the bloat! Wishing us all a safe AF Friday
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening folks,

Pauly, I swear if you ditch the dairy for a few days you will feel so much better - I know I did. There are so many good dairy substitutes out there now not like when I first quit.
        My daughter was just telling me yesterday she thinks she is developing an allergy to eggs - uh oh
        Anything is possible & I know it's considered fairly normal to outgrow childhood allergies & develop new ones as we get older. Swell, huh??

Sorry if I grossed anyone out with the chicken 'paws' pic on FB today. I just couldn't help myself, how ridiculous!!!!
        Well, the guys made it to MA in good time & will be sailing out on the "Hard Merchandise' at 6 am hoping to catch tons of fish. Better them than me, ha ha!

Hello to Star & Cyn.
        Have a nice night everyone.

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good morning...

I'm back and it was a good visit. Unfortunately I ate dairy, just a little, and it gave me stomach upset. It was an appetizer with goat cheese, bad choice. I did not realize how good I was feeling till I wasn't. The driving was effortless and it was just a great visit. So happy I went.

Lav, hope you enjoy your weekend without YB and that they catch alot of fish.

Pauly, it is weird to realize how different foods affect us, I never was so sensitive in my life! What is going on? I think calling your brother's service a memorial service is appropriate. It will be good to have time before you have it, I know that when my Dad died we waited a little over a month and it made it easier as we all had time to grieve, not that it won't be hard. Thinking of you.

Cyn, hope that hemp oil works and makes it easier to care for your dog. Good idea to make a list of all the foods you should eat. I am focusing this week on black beans, making recipes that focus on that ingredient. It will make it easier. Black bean burgers, 10 layer mexican dip (all veggies), black beans in salads and I don't know what else yet. Hope your neighbors finish their work and quiet down.

I am exercising this morning, grocery shopping, a little laundry and then to the pool. The weather is warm and sunny, 80s, so perfect pool weather, I hope the water has warmed up. Have a good summer day.

Comment

Morning friends, Star when you said you didn't know how good you were feeling until you weren't hit the nail on the head! Thats how I feel too,if I'm eating well,keeping the exercise up sometimes I think"this isn't even making a difference",go back to my old eating and ugh! Digestion get horrible, tired,grumpy,etc,let's stick with what works instead of getting cocky yesterday I had salad and chicken for lunch and dinner bought some unrecognizable lettuces and other greens,if I don't eat them the tortoises will haha,hubs wants the memorial over asap he thinks it'll be easier,I told him Jon's ashes aren't even back home yet! Hold your horses!! Lav,the chicken feet didn't gross me out at all,I sometimes go to the Mexican grocery stores cuz their produce is unbelievably cheap and I've seen waaaaay grosser meat cuts there,thats why I only buy veg there,I dont want my steak touching pig guts or snouts! Cyn,how's the dog fairing? Is the oil helping? Kell told them she doesn't want to work Fridays up at my shop,I'm sure she started a shitstorm and I'll hear about it today,sheesh,wishing us all a happy AF Saturday

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening friends!

Got thru today & just have to get thru another 24 hrs or less until the guys get back - I could use a break from the chores around here - geez! Too much going on for 1 person.
              My old dog chose to spend the night on the front porch so that's what she did. I was out there on my hands & knees trying to lift her up on her feet at 10 minutes before midnight & just gave up. She is the world's most stubborn dog, I swear
              Apparently the fishing trip was a huge success. They posted a picture of 80-90 lbs of haddock fillets, bagged & ready for the freezer. Not a bad day's work for 6 guys.

Star, glad your trip went well.
              I am at the point of carrying Immodium with me because I know when I accidently get 'dairyed' I am going to have a fast reaction, ugh.
              I am sure there are worse things to deal with but this intolerance to animal proteins is pretty nasty. Eating at home is just safer in the long run I'm afraid.

Pauly, I hope your workmates thought better & kept their mouths shut today. They should not hassle you for something pertaining to your daughter.
              I was just thinking today that my brother & YB's brother had no funeral/memorial service whatsoever. It still doesn't seem right to me, they should have had something for the family. I hope your brother's eventual memorial gives you some peace.

Cyn, it's heating up here on the east coast. 92 degrees predicted for Sunday, 94 Monday & a whooping 96 Tuesday - phew!
              That kind of weather is hard on the animals so I will have to be vigilant trying to keep them cool.
              I hope you are having a good weekend.

Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hi all -

Just a quick good night hello. Things are hanging in here, but long days as usual...

Lav, what a thought of you out on the porch at midnight trying to get Maxie up! Goodness! I hope she is OK. My girl is up and down - the nights are hard, and not a lot of sleep.

Star - so glad that you had a good time with your friend and that the drive was OK. Sounds like you are doing well with the food - yep, allergies really get wacky as you age! Good luck with that.

Pauly - hope your day at work was OK. I get it with the food stuff - I have to say that if I really stay on the alkaline side of the food, i feel lighter and have more energy... and I'm trying to keep the deep breathing up too, as lav suggested! Good luck, and take good care of yourself.

Best to all, I'll catch up more tomorrow ---

Comment

Good morning...

Hey, it's Sunday and another beautiful hot sunny summer day! Yesterday I went to the pool with my neighbor and we stayed about two hours, I jumped in the pool it was so hot. The water was cold as we have had a few nights in the 50s but I bet it will be warmer today and as the week goes on.

Lav, I made a new recipe with tofu blended in the food processor as a type of sour cream and it was good! Did not taste like sour cream but no stomach upset either and that is what counts for me. I am looking for a black bean burger recipe for tonight, will have to look through my books. When does your husband get back to help with all those chores? Glad they had a big catch, I am sure you will be hearing about it for a while.

Cyn, take care with the long days. Sorry your dog is not able to sleep through the night. Hope you are able to get out and enjoy the summer weather if it is warm there. The food issues are a pain in the neck, I woke up again feeling achy and know it is food related. Yesterday I felt so much better after I exercised, want to get back to normal and I was only gone overnight!

Have a great AF Sunday.

Comment

Pauly, I was interrupted so back to say hi! I cannot go back to my old way of eating I guess, so have to power on and get new recipes. It is cheaper not buying meat, cheese, butter, etc. It is just different and finding good recipes is fun. I am even finding that I can only drink one cup of coffee, and that is not me at all. So, just going with the new way of life, so many changes. Isn't it interesting that your husband wants the service more quickly to get it over with. I know grief takes time, and everyone's life is full of the good and the bad, sometimes we need time to see that. Again, thinking of you. Hope it works out for Kell. Have a good Sunday.

Comment

Morning friends, Star,I got so sidetracked by food(my fave subject) I forgot to ask about your road trip! How was your friend? What'd you two do?Cyn,yesterday was a long day.. Literally the sun stayed up until after 8 pm,I was laying down Watching a Lifetime movie and was surprised to see so much light through the window,guess summer is here Lav,the dog probably liked being on the cool patio and just didn't feel like moving,think Winslow got too cold in the house yesterday cuz he went out and was laying in the sun,dogs are weird,think I'll make crock pot chicken fajitas tonight,just popped in my head,its pretty healthy and nobody complains so there we go,wishing us all a happy AF Sunday

Comment

Happy Sunday all -

Star, isn't it interesting about all the changes our bodies are demanding? I think maybe they are telling us clearly to get healthy! And we're trying! RE: coffee, I don't think I ever reported back that I got the Teechino beverage from Amazon, and I enjoy it. I was more of a tea drinker that coffee, but I would have a cup in the late afternoon to get me through -- no more! But this beverage fills the bill - really full-bodied and tasty. It's made of almonds, chicory and a bunch of good stuff - there are other flavors too, I've tried the hazelnut it it's also good. So keep that in mind if you can't keep drinking coffee (oh - btw Teechino has no caffeine, and NO ACID too...) So glad you are having some pool time - I'm sure that the water will heat up soon. I so remember those cold Memorial Day pools from my childhood when I was on the swim team and we had to be in the pool at 7 AM... yikes!

Pauly - sounds like you have a plan for dinner, good for you. So you've made almond cheese? How did it go? I look forward to trying Lav's cashew ricotta. I've been off of cheese for so long now that I don't even crave it, but maybe this will fill the bill. My dogs came from the desert, so they love the heat - but not so much the humidity - my boy dog keeps going outside to try to lie in the sun, and he always has to retreat. Now he's gotten smart and stays on the screen porch. (Which I still haven't mopped or cleaned - everything is all filled with pollen again, so oh well. I'll get to it when I can.)

Lav - good luck keeping all the animals cool. I'm trying to do the same thing here, but without A/C. So far we are OK with fans...I open up in the morning to get the cool air and close up in the afternoon and use fans. We just got a $$$ estimate to water-proof the basement and do new insulation in the roof. The guy is a 'green' provider, and very knowledgeable. As I suspected, the layers of insulation 1965 + some other time, are totally useless, and there is no adequate exhaust fan in the attic. So on a hot day, the attic gets hot, with the air having no place to go, and so the heat just gets shoved right back down into the house. Lovely. Well, it explains why we freeze here in the winter and are boiling in the summer. It will take a lot to get ready for all this work (especially in the basement), so we are putting the work off until the fall. (Also we need to save pennies, and also I wouldn't subject girl dog to such upheaval right now). So one more hot summer, oh well! I hope your men get back soon and get to helping you! At least you'll have a ton of fish to use for awhile. What all do you do with it? I continue to be on the rock bottom of the acidity scale much of the time. I'm going to try to stick with specific foods until I can be in a better range at least half time!

Miracle of miracles, HB read some article somewhere about the dangers of sugar (like he's never heard it from me...) and is gung-ho to do a 3 -day cold turkey on all sources of sugar, followed by a slow re-introduction of 'natural' sugars (some fruit, etc). He says he's ready to 'recalibrate' his brain for the natural sweetness of natural food. So... buckle your seat belts! He is a real sugar-holic, and a bakery goods junkie. Wish us all luck!

Sasha dog is hanging in there - I'm not sure what it is that is helping, but she actually wanted to go for a car ride when I took boy dog to the park... and got out of the car at the park!? So at least I'm happy she's had an outing for the first time in 2 weeks. Star, I have to dose her pain meds ever 4 hours, so I'm up at least 2x a night for that... I used to be such a light sleeper, but now that I'm on the couch in the 'dog room' I find it hard to wake up enough to give her meds. But we are managing. I'm going to try to move to a little longer in between and see how that goes...

Good Sunday to you all, stay cool and know that I am grateful for you! AF rocks...

Comment

Lav, I keep forgetting to ask - have to tried Thrive Market, and how does it compare in prices to Amazon? I'm thinking of ordering some bulk things like you do... thanks!

Comment

Good evening friends!

The fishing guys have returned & now my freezer is packed full of haddock fillets & two other deep water fish that I have never heard of. I am really not much of a fish eater, maybe just a little once in a while. YB will be the one feasting on fish, Ha ha!!

Star, I have purchased & used Toffuti sour cream. I liked it but it doesn't really like me, if you know what I mean. I am not able to process soy, just like dairy.
                            I have been making sour cream using soaked raw cashews, water, lemon juice vinegar & a pinch of sea salt. Just blend it up & yo have sour cream.
                            I'm glad you are finding recipes you like. I have hundreds on Pinterest, most vegan, some are not (but I veganize them)

Cyn, I have help now with Maxie, thank goodness because she was exhausting me. I had to drag her inside this afternoon, it was getting way too hot outside.
                            I know getting up at night with these dogs is rough but they are family.
                            We have had old houses with zero insulation, I know what you are dealing with, sorry. our last house was built in 1919 - before insulation was invented I think, LOL
                            It does take a lot of $$ to fix these places up but you end up saving bigtime down the road with utility bills.
                            I have not ordered thru Thrive, I am hooked n Amazon. I get emails from both places every day too.

Pauly, the further I get away from animal products the better I feel, honestly. You have to eat what makes you feel best & only you can decide on that.
                            I know it's harder when you have kids still at home 'expecting' to eat a certain way. Do whatever makes you feel your best.

OK, speaking of dogs I need to get this one outside before I get too tired to drag her, oh boy.
                            Have a peaceful night everyone.

Lav
                            Last edited by Lavande; June 11, 2017, 08:13 PM.
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good morning all,

Pauly, I had a great visit with my friend, we did some errands together, took her mother out for dinner and visited at night with her sons, a friend, and talked as we had not seen each other for a few years. We used to be really close till we moved.

Lav, nice you have all that fish, glad they had a good time. It is really hot here today, have to be careful if I am outside or I will get sunburned.

Cyn, tough not having air conditioning, but I know lots of people survive without it. Good to hear your doggie is doing a bit better.

Nothing big planned this week, just exercise, new recipes, and enjoying summer. Have a good one.

Comment

Morning friends,Cyn,that drink does sound yummy although I'll never give up my coffee I'm always looking for something else to sip on,I don't like tea,try to avoid soda,juices,so its coffee,water of course,sparkling flavored water or the occasional hot chocolate made with unsweetened cocoa powder, gets a bit boring sometimes, have you seen they now make sparkling water with alcohol in it? I seen a commercial and I can't remember the name but it irritated me cuz they're really trying to cover just about everyone, they also have"adult coffee creamer" on display at the checkout of the gas station, even Brady commented on how stupid that is! Lav,thats a lot of fish! Hubs was on a fish kick bit he only lasted a couple of weeks,now if he has it he says he has to choke it down cuz it makes him gag,we do ok with a tuna fish out of the can sandwich, thats about it, Star,I'm so glad you had a nice visit,so nice to catch up,when I was back home I seen my cousin/best friend when I was growing up but she acted pissed that I didn't want to hang out....duh! I wasn't there to"hang out" whatever,keep us posted on your recipes you try,I'm always on the lookout, closed my Pinterest cuz it was getting on my nerves for some reason,I can only pin so many recipes,exercise moves and cute animals before my head explodes! Mom just text me and said its snowing in my hometown!!! Crazy weather,wishing us all a productive,peaceful AF Monday

Comment

Working...
                                X