Joyous June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Joyous June

Morning friends, Star I'm pretty sure I'm part lizard cuz I like the heat are you feeling ok? I only ask cuz you seem a bit quiet,maybe just tired,man I felt sooooo sick yesterday, dizzy,chills,foggy brain,etc,came of snapped at hubs and later on the couch and dozed, who is that person? Not sure what it was and hope I don't feel like that today!Lav,glad hubs surgery went ok,I'm sure the non narcotics will at least take some edge off,I'm happy you got to see granddaughter graduate,she is a doll Cyn,hope to hear more from you today,wishing us all a peaceful AF Friday
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hey kids,

It took me half the day to get my head together today. I think yesterday was a little more overwhelming than I realized, ha ha!
      The patient is in good shape, no problems so far although I do have to keep reminding him to stop playing with the dressings. I'll probably redress it tomorrow anyway.

Not really looking for the return of extreme heat & humidity for the next 3 days but it is almost summer. I haven't made any solid plans for Sunday yet due to the ongoing family dysfunction. Normally I would have everyone here for a Father's day cookout but that's not possible now. We shall see.

Good to see you although briefly Cyn

Star, my daughter was born by emergency C section so I was recovering from surgery in addition to a problem pregnancy while she was refusing to sleep for nearly 2 months. That first night she slept I woke up & went into a panic because I thought something bad had happened to her - geez. The good news is once she decided it was OK to sleep everything got better very quickly for of us!
      We went out for lunch today & I ate curried chicken salad & it was delicious. I've been having a small serving of chicken or turkey a few times a week but no more than that. YB has always been a big meat eater. He's overweight but has perfect cholesterol levels. He has been consuming less meat lately so that's good. I hope your weather isn't too awful this weekend.

Pauly, you really must be part reptile if you enjoy all that heat, LOL
      We are all different & only have our ancestors to blame. In other words, there's nothing we can do to change that stuff.
      What are your plans this weekend?

Have a nice, comfortable night everyone!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi all - trying to write tonight before I fall asleep, ha! Last night I was writing on my phone, which is never a great solution. About the only thing I did on my hand-me-down-ipad was post on FB or here... since I can't find it here in the house (honestly, I can't find it!) things have been a little harder in terms of communication.

Lav - the story of the early months of your daughter sound terrible! So glad all that turned around, goodness. Glad to hear the YB's surgery went well - sorry that there was that chaotic feeling, I don't like feeling that way -- I hope you finally get some sleep and time to unwind. How interesting that YB's diet is changing -- you are a great example, as always.

Star - how is it going with getting to know people? Are you still walking with the neighbor? Did you say you are in a book club? I hope this weather is OK for you and that you'll get some pool time in.

Pauly - you are a desert girl! I tried for 8 years, but I just didn't have it in me - I miss trees and green too much. Although already this summer I feel like there is a suffocating wall of green surrounding my house -- I feel like I need to downsize the green! Dear me, it sounds like you had a bug yesterday - I hope that you felt better today!

I got to do some important yard work this morning, then had a client, then finished up some writing assignments for my arts client and made dinner. After getting home late last night from a dinner party, this has felt like a long day, so I am getting ready for bed again at 10 PM -- I've been barely awake for the last hour!

Wishing everyone sweet dreams, and will see you all tomorrow!

Comment

Good morning...

Hey Pauly, I have felt a little depressed most of this week, just isolated and confused about not working. I have to figure it out.

Cyn, happy things are going well for you, busy and productive.

Lav, how fun to go out for lunch, hope Father's Day turns out OK.

Have a good one.

Comment

Morning friends,Star I thought maybe you were a bit down,,I'm sorry I've been dealing with it too but I don't want to go down that road so I think positive, however I can feel the depressed feeling manifesting as anger and thats no good either but I figure it's normal right now,Cyn,you poor thing,you sound exhausted! Hope the weekend is kind to you Lav,just throw the cookout! It'll be slash Fathers day, slash granddaughter graduation celebration, it'll give you a chance to make PQ's amazing baked potato salad (in your special non dairy way of course) ooh,just thinking about it made my mouth water at 6:30 am haha,extend the invite to your son and hope for the best,I still can't believe this grudge has lasted so long but I guess I have a few grudges I won't let go of too,wishing us all a,fabulous AF Saturday

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Greetings friends!

Just had a nice thunder storm but the heat & humidity are supposed to stick around. More storms are likely tomorrow & Monday so no cookout this weekend.
              My daughter & her crew are coming for dinner tomorrow, that's fine. It has to be fine.

Hello Star, Cyn & Pauly!
              Everyone sounds fairly well - at least I hope so

Star, one thing I want to share with you - you don't have to figure out everything today.
              I had to hang onto that piece of advice 7 years ago when YB ran out of here without a word of warning. I panicked for about 5 minutes then I stopped & told myself the best thing for me to do was nothing! The 'free advice' came rolling in from friends & relatives & I ignored it all. I knew I just needed time to let things sort out on their own & they did. It was a long & slow process but everything did turn out OK. We have absolutely no control over most things & once we accept that the pressure is off. Try to enjoy your summer, your family & your new healthy lifestyle

Cyn, the jungle is closing in here too, LOL
              I am not nearly as motivated as you are to do anything about it either. Be kind to yourself & watch out for ticks - they are everywhere!!

Pauly, keep your thoughts positive girl, it really helps. I absolutely do not let a negative thought hang around in my head, I kick them right out!!!

Well, I wish everyone a peaceful night & a nice Father's day if you are doing anything. No pressure, haha!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good morning...

Thanks Pauly and Lav for your encouragement. Going to a cookout today at my daughter's for Father's Day. It rained all night and will be rainy off and on all day. Hope you both have a great day.

Hello to Cyn.

Have a great AF Sunday.

Comment

Morning friends,Star have fun wishing us all a happy AF Sunday

Comment

Good evening friends!

Hot & humid here, yuck!
                    Big storm warnings, floods & all that stuff predicted for tomorrow, hoping for a little cool down afterwards.

Stra, I hope your cookout went well, regardless of the weather.
                    I chose to roast a chicken inside today & not stand outside sweating over a hot grill. I made a vegan strawberry cake with a 'buttercream' frosting that was really good! I used strawberries fresh from my garden, yum. Everyone liked it & my daughter decided to download the book too 'The Joy of Vegan Baking'. It's right on the Kindle app on my ipad. You can get it on Amazon for $9.98 if you're interested

Hello Pauy, I hope your day went well.
                    Hello Cyn, I hope your day was fabulous too!

Nothing else happening so I'll wish everyone a peaceful night!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hello all -

Finally have gotten caught up on a couple of crucial things - there is light at the end of the tunnel!! Whew. And I am (maybe) experiencing a shift from all the new eating plan -- I have had better energy the last couple of days.

Star - are you truly OK? Are you feeling isolated from the thread? I'm so sorry to hear you seem so unsettled, I hope that this is just one of those 'dark side of the moon', it happens. The seasons changing and the ever-changing weather doesn't really help. I'm sending you good vibes...

Pauly - good job with the positive thinking! I need a big dose of that. If things don't fall into line the way that I want them to, I get very disappointed in myself and annoyed. You are doing great - what did you do for father's day?

Lav - sorry your son didn't get himself organized to see YB - but maybe he felt that the trip with YB was their Father's Day. So glad that you had time with your daughter and family, though. HB's daughter finally got around yesterday evening to inviting her dad to come down and see her an hour and a half away... and he almost drove down there! I suggested to him that if she wanted to see him, she could come up, or send a card, or meet half-way or something. He got an ecard from her early this morning, and then we had the chance for a nice calm morning and a breakfast out - that was fun.

The screen porch is finally clean. The tomatoes got planted, as did two standing planters, a hanging basket and some odds and ends plants. Sheesh, a little late, but at least done before the official start of summer. I did get a pretty side garden mulched yesterday too, but that really wore me out! I fell into bed last night.

So, wishing you all a great evening and a wonderful day tomorrow. I'll catch up more with you all tomorrow ----

Comment

Good morning...

Cyn, I am feeling a little better, thanks for the support. Not working outside the home, I have hours of time where I am alone, on my own, and sometimes feel lost, directionless,and wonder about my future. For instance, should I look for a job? I read where after 6 months of unemployment, it is harder to get employers to take you seriously, and to get hired, should I decide too. Also, my age, late 50s. So, it kind of freaks me out. In addition, I have a very small circle of people to be with, even though I am reaching out. Sometimes I am just plain lonely. So there, you have it. The reality is that I am healthy, financially good, lovely family, marriage, home. So, I guess attitude is so important. Glad you got some things done and your diet is contributing to your feelings of well being.

Lav, sounds like a nice day, good. That book looks interesting, I will have to buy it. The weather turned out to be nice, we ate outside, and my vegan foods were greatly appreciated. Get ready, it has really cooled off here, in the 60s now, high 80 later today, nice to have a break and open the windows.

Pauly, hope your weekend was good. Loved the pic of your Dad and Lou on FB. Very cute.

Well, it's Monday, exercise, clean the house and booking a vacation, maybe. My husband has always wanted to go to Boston, so I am looking into it. Have a great AF day.

Comment

Morning friends, Star that was hubs and Lou haha! Have you thought about finding something part time maybe? I know for me being at home too much makes me weird even though there's plenty I could do to keep busy,I love structure,I told my coworker that I always thought people were crazy going back to work after a tragedy but now I understand why,, the unrelenting thinking while alone gets under my skin,jeez,LB's flight leaves tomorrow at 6am! I'm an early bird but that don't mean I'm ready to fly! I'll hafta get up at 4,drink coffee,get into "drive" mode,drop her off,come home shower and get into going to work mode,eeks,Michelle and her bf had put the stages together for EDC its a huge rave they hold every year at the speedway, huge event with 200,000 kids at least,she had gone a few years ago $900 spent on 3 tickets for her and her then bf,last night they had to work and I told her at least she kind of got to go this year haha,Kelly's feeling the squeeze at work, those girls,the place I dunno if she's gonna last and I really don't blame her Lav,glad you had a nice visit with your daughter and granddaughter, the dessert sounds great! Cyn,glad everything seems to be coming together in your world and there's light at the end of the tunnel wishing us all a fab AF Monday

Comment

Good evening friends,

We had a big thunder storm but it's still so humid. Glad I got my hair cut last week or I would definitely be sporting a fro tonight, ha ha!
                            Just dropped my car off at the inspection service center which means I will have no wheels tomorrow. I feel so isolated around here, especially when I have no car. YB has agreed to run our Amish friend on his errands tomorrow so I will have absolutely no human conversation, oh well. I'll talk to the animals & birds I guess

Star, is there any possibility of a part time gig for you? Working full time is such a drag & the older I got the harder it got. How about volunteer opportunities?
                            I have been known to sit & sew baby blankets, kids outfits, etc & donate them to online charities (because I am so far away people living here). It's a little something to help keep me out of trouble & help others at the same time.
                            I will welcome cooler temps if you send them this way.

Cyn, good to see you posting you busy person!
                            Driving 1 1/2 hrs to visit someone is fine once in a while but I am at the point of feeling a bit lazy The younger ones should be doing the driving, honestly!!
                            Glad you are caught up with your plants, they will have a good summer.
                            Did I mention Maxie had me up 3X Friday night? OMG, I am getting too old for this. Hope your doggie is doing better.

Pauly, your grown kids are keeping you on your toes. Just don't let them run you into the ground. There are other ways to get a ride to the airport at that ungodly hour (Uber).
                            Are you still sitting out there in 100+ degree heat? I would not be able to tolerate that, you are a strong person

Wishing everyone a peaceful night!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good morning...

I would love to find a part time job, I have been looking, just a little though. Volunteer work is another option, I just don't know. I am in a better mood this week, planned a vacation for end of July, and know have that to look forward to. Also, talked to both brothers yesterday and will go visit one after the 4th. So, working through my, "dark side of the moon," episode. I am pretty busy the rest of the week, so that is good for me.

Lav, I do not know how you do it, I have to interact with others, at least a little bit. I am also working on finding more recipes. My arthritis in my hands is so much better, I cannot believe it, from just a few weeks on PBWF. Wow. Working on my health is a joy, I have lost a little weight, but can feel the rolls of fat firming up and going away, little by little. I have to keep exercising as much as possible. The weather yesterday was lovely, the AC turned off, took a walk about 5 pm, it was breezy and warm. I am sending it your way! It is just hard to make good friends, and I appreciate you and Cyn and Pauly so much.

Pauly, sorry for the confusion about the pic. Lucky you to have spent time with all your kids, hard to see them go. Your job hours sound pretty good, the part time jobs I have seen want weekends and evenings, no thanks. I agree that too much time alone, at home, in my own head tends, towards depression. Luckily I am a huge reader and always go to the library and find something new to think about. At least for a little while.

Cyn, thanks for putting things in perspective for me, realizing that I just had a bad week, then getting back in the game is important. I know it happens to you too, hope you are doing well.

So, exercise, travel agent, grocery store and new recipes, I will be busy today. Love this summer weather. Have a great AF Tuesday.

Comment

Hello friends - thanks for your patience with my crazy posting schedule --

Lav, I must have x-posted with you last time -- I didn't read about the vegan strawberry cake, yum! I want to raise some strawberries - next year you'll have to coach me! By the way, I did take your advice about the sweet peas -- they are (slowly) going up the railings on the deck -- I think they got over-soaked in some rain, so the bottoms don't look good, but they are blossoming, so we'll see. Sorry you are having a time with Maxie, that's tough - good luck.

Pauly - I hope that your early morning went OK. I wish things were more pleasant for you at work -- I'd like to give those evil chics a piece of my mind! I also loved the Father's Day pics on FB, great to see.

Star - I keep wondering if there isn't some place for you at your library -- you love books and reading so much! Maybe they have a part-time position? Or if you could swing it financially, what about getting on the Board of the library? Non-profits are always looking for people with serious 'world' experience that they can bring to an organization. And now with budget cuts, libraries really need professionals on board, and creativity in bringing the public through their doors. Our local library has started a farmer's market on their grounds on Saturdays - it's so good to see it be a communal gathering space. Also, an interesting non-profit you might want to look into is 'Reach Out and Read', a program which puts children's books in doctor's offices and gets the parents to read to their kids. Good luck!

Gosh, I must be a truly hard-core introvert... I love the days when I don't see another soul. But then I talk to the dogs all day long, so I guess if i were really alone, that would be different! I put in another long day yesterday, pressing 'send' on a project at 10:30 PM. We are headed to ME for a family vacation (hopefully without drama) WITH the dogs, so I am trying to get things organized for that as well as keep the pedal to the metal on the projects I have due... interesting life! Cooler here today, so that will make everything more pleasant...

Wishing all well, and a great AF Tuesday ---

Comment

Working...
                                X