w.c 15th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: w.c 15th

Det...we are so glad you're not resorting to AL to deal with this stressful time. We'r proud of you. Don't over due it, you need time to heal. No snow today and the sun was out so that's a positive. Hope your garage sale goes well this weekend.

Pauly...my son has some property just east of here and his buddy has property beside him. His friend is raising free range chickens so I get plenty of fresh and yes some of them can not so pretty.

SK...thanks for popping in. Always good to see you.

Mick...I hope the vet visit wasn't bad news. Thinking of you.

Lav...not sure where gg lives. When I went to work this morning I measured the snow on the grass and it's 3 feet high. It's going to take a lot of sunshine to get rid of it, just hope it's a slow melt. They've already declared states of emergency due to flooding in some of the southern towns.

Ribs & Rice for dinner so must get it started. Have a peaceful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

I did chat with Mick a bit this morning. Both bunnies are in the hospital & one was going to be x rayed. No idea what's going on with them yet so it's concerning. Keeping my fingers crossed for Mick & his little buddies :hug:

Det, you sound a bit better, that's good. I know you are probably pushing yourself way too hard. Please take some time to chill, OK?
      I hope your sale is a humongous success

hi to Pauly & SK!

PQ, only 3 feet of snow???? OMG, I'd be sh*tting a brick, ha ha!!
      When all that melts someone is going to see floods, for sure.
      Hope your ribs & rice were good. I made a homemade version of Rice a Roni tonight - good!

Hello to Pie & anyone else stopping by tonight.
      Have a peaceful night one & all!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Thanks for letting us know Lav,thinking of you Mick hope all is ok
        Last edited by paulywogg; April 17, 2018, 08:59 PM.
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Mick - sending good thoughts for your bunnies
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Heya ABeroooskies

sending happy bunny thoughts to hospital.

PPQ, trying to mindful of overdoing things now. Dx came over and helped for a few hours and it was nice to see her.
            She's going to help at the sale too.

PPQ, how do you get around in so much snow? I'd have no idea.

Lav, my fav eggs are local freerange duck eggs. I had 4 today ... yummo.

SK, great to hear from you. what was the name of the thriller?

Pauly, good to see you if only briefly

time to unwind here. watch youtube or something.

gnight loves
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick I hope things are ok? Waiting for you to post when you can,much love to all and wishing us all a nice AF Wednesday!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hia all,firstly thank you all very much for your thoughts.Glad to report that both of them are back home I manage to get them home tonight an hour ago ...they are both on medication , 2 lots ..she is as good as gold,he is a pain in the butt! they dont know how or why it happens ,but it could be anything that either they eat ,stresses them ..absolutely anything can do it..Just glad to have them home..the temperature today?24 degrees..oh and to crown it all..I dropped my laptop and smashed the casing!!thankfully its under warranty ,so Im using an old one..hope you are all well..and once again thank you all xxxx
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...so glad to hear the news, I was worried there for a bit. It's so good you know their habits and can tell when something is wrong. Beat you on the temp scale, we got to 46F with lots of sunshine. No snow in the immediate future. :yay: Now how did you manage to drop your laptop? Good thing it's under warranty. Hope you can get some rest tonight.

Pauly...hope you had a good day. Mine was good until the accountant want me to load yet another form onto the online registration program. FFS can't she get it right the first time, this is go around number 4!

Det...your bunny thoughts worked. LOL I'm glad Dx is going to help out at the sale it's it's good to hear you guys can still get along. Most of the snow is on the grass now, the roads are bare and dry except where water is finding it's way onto them. I think we're over the hump now. Fingers crossed.

Lav...thanks for keeping us up to date, it's much appreciated. I was watching a resident near work today shoveling snow off his lawn. Haha, hadn't seen that before. I'll check back later for your evening post.

It's the go to mac & cheese for supper tonight. I'll live it up a little and make a garden salad. May have to plant my garden with seedlings instead of seeds if this non spring keeps up.
                  Hope we all have a peaceful evening....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Great news Mick! PQ,mac and cheese sounds amazing,I made a turkey breast,carrots,celery and some yummy potatoes smothered in a gravy in the crock pot it turned out awesome for a new recipe!

Comment

Happy Hump day ABerooodles!

Mick, good to hear about the bunnies... not so much on the bouncing laptop.

plugging along here and moving everything out for sale soon. I'm on a wobbly little plastic table.... oh well.

my nose is so messed up from the dust I could hardly sleep last night and eyes hurting now. don't mean to whine, just
                      blabbering. Tonight I think it's baked sweet potato and duck eggs over easy.

think I'll be laying down early tonight.

shouts to Lav, Pauly, PPQ, anyone else on the roster?

be well loves
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
                        Great news Mick! PQ,mac and cheese sounds amazing,I made a turkey breast,carrots,celery and some yummy potatoes smothered in a gravy in the crock pot it turned out awesome for a new recipe!
                        Don't you love it when a new recipe actually turns out good! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Determinator View Post
                          think I'll be laying down early tonight.
                          Sounds like a good plan Det.

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Everyone sounds pretty good

Mick, it's wonderful that your bunnies are back home but I'm sorry your laptop will have to be hospitalized......
                            My laptop is a little eon the heavy side so I try not to carry it around too much. The iPad is just right
                            Our weather was cool but sunny today so I'm not complaining. Glad yours warmed up a bit too.

Pauly, dinner sounds good - especially when you have leftovers from a nice meal like that.

PQ, shoveling the lawn??? LOL
                            Glad your moving into some decent weather too.

Det, nice that DX was able to lend a hand. I'm sure that made a big difference for you.
                            In all my years I have never had a duck egg - not even sure if I want to have one, ha ha! as long as you enjoy them, why not?

I'm still waiting for this poison ivy or whatever it is to dry up & go away. My arms look absolutely ridiculous. I am going to have to accept that I just cannot work outside any more. I guess YB will have to do my share of work, haha!

Helo to Pie & everyone & wishing a nice night for all!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

morning all....a lovely morning here the sun is cracking the flags ...both rabbits are in the garden..they have had there meds,and are playing..you know the crawler tunnels you get for babies ? I picked up 3 at car boot sales over time ...they love exploring in them.Im also digging another 2 ft off the veg plot in length ..its almost a postage stamp as it is ,but I can grow what I ne in what I have got and also mix veggies through the rest of the garden..My friend is building me a rabbit hutch..the one on the farm ...he does all that as a bit of a sideline...This one is more of a kennel/palace! 7ft long,5ft high and 4ft deep.it will have a walk in side with mesh doortop half and 2 floors..hence losing the bit of garden so that I can walk around it.So I was digging the soil out this morning..and clink...found a bottle I had buried in the garden in my drinking days! a quarter Scotch...iit was weirdly enough quite a strange feeling...embarrassed ,ashamed?I dont know ,...yet grateful I had beaten it

Lav..if yb has anything about him ..he will buy you some full length pretty pink or something gloves....all the way up to your shoulders......duck eggs are lovely ,my friend used to keep them..if I had the choice between duck or hen the former would win hands down ..they taste lovely..as for the puter ..I have 3 laptaops ,2 tablets and my phone..ranging from windows 7 to 10 and all stations in between!

Pauly sounds brill that ...next time chop some onions and chuck it in the gravy,even nicer ..if you like onions that is ...thanks for asking about the peskies

hiya Nora C thank you also ...how are you doing?

hiya Det hows the healing process going matey? did I see somewhere that you are moving to Vegas?

hiya ppqp...how are you today then? temp here is pretty high already...another nice day on the cards ..Im off to get a couple of fence panels 2 of the back ones need replacing asap otherwise I would make em meself!

right folks ,off to start ? my day have a good one..........

Try this test. Scroll down and do the quiz as it instructs and find out what movie is your favorite. It really works! This amazing math quiz can likely predict which of 18 films you would enjoy the most. Don't ask me how.

Pick a number from 1-9.

Multiply by 3.

Add 3.

Multiply by 3 again.

Now add the two digits together to find your predicted favorite movie in the list of 18 movies below.

Mine was "Star Wars" - exactly right! So be honest, and do it before you scroll down to see the list below. It's easy and it works.

Now look up your number in the list below...

1. Gone With The Wind
                              2. E.T.
                              3. Beverly Hills Cop
                              4. Star Wars
                              5. Forrest Gump
                              6. The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly
                              7. Jaws
                              8. Grease
                              9. The Joy of Sex With A Goat
                              10. Casablanca
                              11. Jurassic Park
                              12. Shrek
                              13. Pirates of the Caribbean
                              14. Titanic
                              15. Raiders Of The Lost Ark
                              16. Home Alone
                              17. Mrs. Doubtfire
                              18. Toy Story

100 Kisses

A Punjabi lawyer working in UK wrote to his wife in India...

Dear Sunita Darling,

I can't send you my salary this month because the global market crisis has Affected my Company's performance, so I am sending 100 kisses. You are my sweetheart, please adjust.

Your loving husband,

JITA SINGH

His wife replied...

TINKU KE PAPPA,

Thanks for the 100 kisses, Below is the list of expenses I paid with the Kisses...

1. The Milk man agreed on 2 kisses for one month's milk.

2. The electricity man agreed not to disconnect only after 7 kisses.

3. Your landlord Balkar Singh comes every day to take 2 or 3 kisses instead of the monthly rent.

4. Supermarket owner Jaswant Singh did not accept kisses only, so I gave him other items, I hope you understand...

5. Miscellaneous expenses 40 kisses.

Please don't worry about me, I still have a balance of 35 kisses and I hope I can survive the month using this balance...

Shall I plan the same for the next month?

Your Sweet Heart,

Kichi

Never Mess With Women !!!

Refund from Taco Bell

That's what the kid behind the counter at Taco Bell said to me. I dug into my pocket and pulled out some lint and two dimes and something that used to be a Jolly Rancher. Having already handed the kid a five-spot, I started to head back out to the truck to grab some change when the kid with the Elmo hairdo said the hardest thing anyone has ever said to me.

He said, "It's OK. I'll just give you the senior citizen discount."

I turned to see who he was talking to and then heard the sound of change hitting the counter in front of me. "Only $4.68" he said cheerfully.

I stood there stupefied. I am 56, not even 60 yet? A mere child! Senior citizen?

I took my burrito and walked out to the truck wondering what was wrong with Elmo. Was he blind? As I sat in the truck, my blood began to boil. Old? Me?

I'll show him, I thought. I opened the door and headed back inside. I strode to the counter, and there he was waiting with a smile.

Before I could say a word, he held up something and jingled it in front of me, like I could be that easily distracted! What am I now? A toddler?

"Dude! Can't get too far without your car keys, eh?" I stared with utter disdain at the keys. I began to rationalize in my mind.

"Leaving keys behind hardly makes a man elderly! It could happen to anyone!"

I turned and headed back to the truck. I slipped the key into the ignition, but it wouldn't turn. What now? I checked my keys and tried another. Still nothing.

That's when I noticed the purple beads hanging from my rear view mirror. I had no purple beads hanging from my rear view mirror.

Then, a few other objects came into focus. The car seat in the back seat. Happy Meal toys spread all over the floorboard. A partially eaten doughnut on the dashboard.

Faster than you can say ginkgo biloba, I flew out of the alien vehicle.

Moments later I was speeding out of the parking lot, relieved to finally be leaving this nightmarish stop in my life. That is when I felt it, deep in the bowels of my stomach: hunger! My stomach growled and churned, and I reached to grab my burrito, only it was nowhere to be found.

I swung the truck around, gathered my courage, and strode back into the restaurant one final time. There Elmo stood, draped in youth and black nail polish. All I could think was, "What is the world coming to?"

All I could say was, "Did I leave my food and drink in here"? At this point I was ready to ask a Boy Scout to help me back to my vehicle, and then go straight home and apply for Social Security benefits.

Elmo had no clue. I walked back out to the truck, and suddenly a young lad came up and tugged on my jeans to get my attention. He was holding up a drink and a bag. His mother explained, "I think you left this in my truck by mistake."

I took the food and drink from the little boy and sheepishly apologized.

She offered these kind words: "It's OK. My grandfather does stuff like this all the time."

All of this is to explain how I got a ticket doing 85 in a 40. Yes, I was racing some punk kid in a Toyota Prius. And no, I told the officer, I'm not too old to be driving this fast.

As I walked in the front door, my wife met me halfway down the hall. I handed her a bag of cold food and a $300 speeding ticket. I promptly sat in my rocking chair and covered up my legs with a blankey.

The good news was I had successfully found my way home.

While dressing a cut on the hand of a 75-year-old rancher, whose hand had been caught in the gate while working his cattle, the doctor struck up a conversation with the old man. Eventually the topic got around to Trump and his being the president.

The old rancher said, "Well, ya know, Trump is just a Post Turtle".

Now not being familiar with the term, the doctor asked, "What's a 'Post Turtle'"?

The old rancher said, "When you're driving down a country road and you come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that's a post turtle".

The old rancher saw the puzzled look on the doctor's face so he continued to explain. "You know he didn't get up there by himself, he doesn't belong up there, he doesn't know what to do while he's up there, he sure as heck ain't goin' anywhere and you just wonder what kind of simple minded idiot put him up there in the first place".
                              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL....

Mick...sounds like things are back to normal in your world. The kennel/palace sounds amazing, can hardly wait for future pics. As for the bottle find how long has it been buried or can you remember? I think my first emotion would be shame followed quickly with gratitude. Talk about never forgetting what it was like. LOL Now as for your movie quizz...I was shocked when I came up with "The Joy of Sex with a Goat" and then I thought wait a minute. I must have got more sleep than I thought, you really had me going there for awhile. LOL

Shout out to the rest of the gang, will check back after work....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                                X