Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: wc 15th

Good evening Abbers,

Hectic again today but all of the furniture is back in place, thank goodness. Our son did get over here to help as promised & left the boys here because he had to go to work. Their mother picked them up after dinner but they will be back tomorrow & Thursday, oh boy, ha ha! I'll get them to help me carry in more stuff from the garage in boxes & bags. We had a thunder storm this afternoon so everything finally got some water.

Mick, sorry to hear about Panda. Is that the result of an injury or is it a congenital thing? I deal with some arthritic stuff too like every other old person, the anti-inflammatory stuff helps a lot. I'm awaiting results of my dog's bloodwork, hope it's all OK. I'm waiting for the dog's bloodwork results, I think she's just fine.
    Take it easy, you work too hard, LOL

Sam, our afternoon thunderstorm dropped the temp at least 15 degrees, thank goodness. This overly humid air is nasty. I hope your day went well!

Pauly, hope your day was good too!

PQ, you seem to be the fixer of all problems at your place of business. That's why you should be paid more - just sayin'

Hello to the rest of the crew & wishing a nice night for all!
    Please excuse the ignorance of our pathetic traitor-in-chief, he's making us all sick

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly...read your post and when I got to the wishing for a terrific Tuesday the word Tequila popped into my mind. So I hope you had a Tequila Free Tuesday. LOL Now Wednesday might be a tougher one to come up with.

Sam...is this the plat work you were supposed to do the other day? LOL Rush jobs to me a unexpected income. Our storm is predicted for tomorrow night so I think I may have to go soak the gardens tonight if the temp ever goes down a bit. At least I don't have the humidity.

Lav...yes you have had a couple of hectic days and then babysitting on top of it. The landlord offered to replace all my kitchen and laundry machines but I've been putting it off as I just don't want to deal with the upheaval. Better get it done before the snow flies though. Hope the blood work comes back AOK. When I was interviewing for the GM job the HR woman said she'd classify me as a Problem Solver, I guess she was right. LOL Just when you thought your traitor-in-chief couldn't do anything worse up pops Putin! Glad he's not ours.

Our low tonight is 28C! Having a love affair with my AC. Hope everyone can get some rest tonight....:smile:PPQP

Comment

How about Whiskeyless Wednesday.
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Mick - really sorry to hear about Panda.

Hi to everyone - need to read back. Just saw that about Panda.
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

yep Nora,that's a good one Thursday night be the trickiest haha,,just posted on steppers that those boys wore me out!! Romeo was being demonic and Lou was "helping" by trying to make him laugh which he did and it was great but then Lou got all hyper,I'm tired now,my goodness
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by NoraC View Post
              How about Whiskeyless Wednesday.
              :thumbsup:

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
                yep Nora,that's a good one Thursday night be the trickiest haha,,just posted on steppers that those boys wore me out!! Romeo was being demonic and Lou was "helping" by trying to make him laugh which he did and it was great but then Lou got all hyper,I'm tired now,my goodness
                Now you've got me thinking about Thursday already!

Comment

welcome to whisky less wednesday (note the spelling) how are we all today then ? good I hope ...thanks for your wishes re Panda..she is ok ,its just that I hate to see her shuffling and struggling at times and others she zooms about ...Ive already taken up all the edging between the grass and stones ,she had a tendency to bang over that as she cant lift her leg ...she is so sweet ..and giving her meds is easy not like her looney tunes mate ..went out yesterday ,couldnt see him ,..he was under the wooden step, doing what? yep guessed it in one

20180717_091512.jpg

an oh look what Ive found moment

20180717_091536.jpg

went to do a bit on my trains in the loft yesterday ,it was so so hot like a sauna so didnt do a lot ,I need to work out the last section of track..I picked 7 courgettes yesterday,haven a clue how to use them .also the blueberries are lovely too..

hiya Nora C...hope you are ok today?i hope s o ,havent seen you in here for a wee while x

hiya pauly ,hope you are ok ,Pand at times gets around very easily..and others she struggles ,but she doesnt give up and overcomes it .my bougie has grown about 3 inches this week ..its a pity it dies back ..hope you have a lovely day .

hiya sam how are you today then mate?all good .?hows the work on the land doing? did you get the poster fixed?

hya ppqp ...hows you then? hope all is well?did the storm come thru ?as from 5th aug we have a hosepipe ban ..yep ..despite the weather we get!!well thatsit all over re the stampede for another year?is it still as popular as it used to be?you need any courgettes Ive got loads...has anyone got any recipes /ideas?

hiya Lav ..how are you ? hope the dogs bloodwork comes back good for you..yep hers an arthuritis beating brew! hows the gardening going? Ive been out ..another 2 courgettes...

I raced a Harley today and after some really hard riding I managed to PASS the guy. I was riding on one of those really, really twisting sections of mountain road with no straight sections to speak of and where most of the bends have warning signs that say "MAX SPEED 50 KPH".

I knew if I was going to pass one of those monsters with those big-cubic-inch motors, it would have to be a place like this where handling and rider skill are more important than horsepower alone.

I saw the guy up ahead as I exited one of the turns and knew I could catch him, but it wouldn't be easy. I concentrated on my braking and cornering. Three corners later, I was on his mudguard. Catching him was one thing; passing him would prove to be another.

Two corners later, I pulled up next to him as we sailed down the mountain. I think he was shocked to see me next to him, as I nearly got by him before he could recover. Next corner, same thing. I'd manage to pull up next to him as we started to enter the corners but when we came out he'd get on the throttle and out-power me. His horsepower was almost too much to overcome, but this only made me more determined than ever.

My only hope was to out-brake him. I held off squeezing the lever until the last instant. I kept my nerve while he lost his. In an instant I was by him. Corner after corner, I could hear the roar of his engine as he struggled to keep up. Three more miles to go before the road straightens out and he would pass me for good.

But now I was in the lead and he would no longer hold me back. I stretched out my lead and by the time we reached the bottom of the canyon, he was more than a full corner behind. I could no longer see him in my rear-view mirror.

Once the road did straighten out, it seemed like it took miles before he passed me, but it was probably just a few hundred yards. I was no match for that kind of horsepower, but it was done. In the tightest section of road, where bravery and skill count for more than horsepower and deep pockets, I had passed him. Though it was not easy, I had won the race to the bottom of the mountain and I had preserved the proud tradition of one of the best bits of Brit iron.

I will always remember that moment. I don't think I've ever pedaled so hard in my life. And, some of the credit must go to Raleigh cycles, as well. They really make a great bicycle...

Bubba the Redneck from Georgia decides to travel across the south to Virginia to see God's country. When he gets to Franklin, he likes the place so much that he decides to stay. But first he must find a job!!!!

Bubba walks into an international paper company office and fills out an application as an experienced log inspector. It's his lucky day!!! They just happen to be looking for someone, but first, the log foreman takes him for a ride into the forest in the company pickup truck to see how much he knows.

The foreman stops the truck on the side of the road and points at a tree "see that tree over there, I want you to tell me what species it is and how many board feet of lumber it contains".

Bubba the redneck promptly answers, "that thar's a whitepine, 383 board feet of lumber in 'er".

The foreman is impressed!!! He puts the truck in motion and stops about a mile down the road. He points at another tree through the passenger window and asks the same question. This time, it's a bigger tree of a different class.

Bubba replies "that's a loblolly pine and she's got about 456 clear board feet".

The foreman is really impressed with the good ol' boy, he has been quick and got the answers right without using a calculator!!!!

One more test. They drive a little further down the road, and the foreman stops again.. This time, he points across the road through his driver side window and says, "and what about that one"?

Before the foreman finishes pointing, the Bubba says, "white oak, 242 board feet at best".

The foreman spins the truck around and heads back to the office a little ticked off because he thinks the red neck is smarter than he is. As they near the office, another foreman stops the truck and asks Bubba to step outside.

He hands him a piece of chalk and tells him, "see that tree over there"? "I want you to mark an x on the front of that tree!!"

The foreman thinks to himself, "idiot, how would he know which is the front of the tree"?

When Bubba reaches the tree, he goes around it in a circle while looking at the ground. He then reaches up and places a big white 'X' on the trunk.

He walks back to the foreman and hands him the chalk. "that thar's the front", Bubba says.

The foreman laughs to himself and asks sarcastically, "how in the hell do you know that's the front of the tree"?

The good ol' boy looks down at his feet, while rubbing the toe of his left boot cleaning it in the gravel and replies, "cuz somebody took a s**t behind it"!

Fifty Sheds of Grey
                  I don't know if any of you have read this book, if you haven’t, the following might give you an idea of what it is all about.

Fifty Sheds Of Grey

We tried various positions - round the back, on the side, up against a wall...
                  but in the end we came to the conclusion the bottom of the garden was the only place for a good shed.

She stood before me, trembling in my shed.
                  "I'm yours for the night," she gasped, "You can do whatever you want with me."
                  So I took her to McDonalds.

She knelt before me on the shed floor and tugged gently at first, then harder until finally it came.
                  I moaned with pleasure. Now for the other boot.

Ever since she read THAT book, I've had to buy all kinds of ropes, chains and shackles.
                  She still manages to get into the shed, though.

"Put on this rubber suit and mask," I instructed, calmly.
                  "Mmmm, kinky!" she purred.
                  "Yes," I said, "You can't be too careful with all that asbestos in the shed roof."

"I'm a very naughty girl," she said, biting her lip. "I need to be punished."
                  So I invited my mum to stay for the weekend.

"Harder!" she cried, gripping the workbench tightly. "Harder!"
                  "Okay," I said. "What's the gross national product of Nicaragua?"

I lay back exhausted, gazing happily out of the shed window.
                  Despite my concerns about my inexperience, my rhubarb had come up a treat.

"Are you sure you can take the pain?" she demanded, brandishing stilettos.
                  "I think so," I gulped. "Here we go, then," she said, and showed me the receipt.

"Hurt me!" she begged, raising her skirt as she bent over my workbench.
                  "Very well," I replied. "You've got fat ankles and no dress sense."

"Are you sure you want this?" I asked. "When I'm done, you won't be able to sit down for weeks."
                  She nodded.
                  "Okay," I said, putting the three-piece suite on eBay.

"Punish me!" she cried. "Make me suffer like only a real man can!"
                  "Very well," I replied, leaving the toilet seat up.

"Pleasure and pain can be experienced simultaneously," she said, gently massaging my back as we listened to her Coldplay CD
                  Last edited by Mick; July 18, 2018, 01:15 PM.
                  af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick you went straight into the racing joke I thought you were saying it was you at first haha! My bougie is still bald but I do see some buds forming,think its just underwatered and needs to be weeded around just hard cuz a few minutes out there and I'm sneezing all night,man I was so exhorsted after the kids left yesterday yet when it was time for lights out I couldn't sleep! Pissed me off much love to all and wishes for e wonderful,whiskyless,Wednesday haha

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...You could be describing my symptoms. One day I can hardly move and the next I'm zooming around. LOL I blame mine on my arthritis and growing old. How old is Panda and how long do bunnies usually live? I'm glad she's the one that takes med easily, I was wondering about that last night. Wish your pics had turned out what to see what digger was up to. When I thought of your trains yesterday it didn't dawn on me about the heat but that makes sense. Stampede is still as popular as ever, they had over a million people go through the gates this year, up about 50K from last year. Can't help you with the courgette recopies but maybe Lav will have some ideas.

Pauly...physically exhausted and then no sleep, been there and it pisses me off too. Get work over with and then get some rest.

There was a loud boom around 1am this morning, sounded like a transformer blowing but we didn't loose power. However the kitchen light didn't work and the server's power supply was sounding the alarm. Have no idea what happened everything working fine now. Heat wave has ended, mega clouds this morning and the wind is blowing a howling as Mic would say. Could be an interesting day weather wise. As I wasn't a whisky drinker I'll go with have a Wineless Wednesday all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

blowing a hooley ..Panda is coming up for 2 years old ,rabbits usually live about 8 years ,mine ,less Zeuss have lived 10-12...i had one that lived longer
                        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Originally posted by Mick View Post
                          blowing a hooley ..Panda is coming up for 2 years old ,rabbits usually live about 8 years ,mine ,less Zeuss have lived 10-12...i had one that lived longer
                          I stand corrected. LOL So Panda is still a baby but in good hands. Of course your rabbits live long lives with all that TLC.

We're under a thunderstorm warning and the skies getting really dark. :yay: May have to dig out the battery for my laptop. LOL

Comment

Funny you said transformer PQ,,the power at work went out around the same time Kell got there and I guess it's a blown one! Kell just went home cuz the power company said it wouldn't be fixed for a few hours,a couple of the girls stayed to wait it out but I can't even imagine how hot that shop is right now

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

I survived day 2 with the boys, one to go, ha ha!
                              Got some more unpacking done, the rest can wait. At least I found the box with my pots & pans so I can cook, LOL Just a touch cooler here today but nothing to write home about.

Mick, my favorite thing to do with most veggies is to roast them. I just roasted a few zucchinis a few days ago. I heat the oven up to 425 degrees, slice the squash in half lengthwise then slice them into sticks. I spray them with some olive oil & season them & roast them about 10 minutes or more depending on the size. I also slice a few cloves of garlic into thin slices & sprinkle them on the baking tray with the squash, YUM
                              If you don't overcook them they are great rewarmed in the microwave. You can also bake a ton of zucchini bread, ha ha!

Pauly, your shop with no AC - ugh! I wouldn't stay there, no way. I hope you are having a cool evening.

PQ, sounds like you have some weather changes coming your way, nice. The power is weird around here, we have power losses on perfectly quiet sunny days, not just during storms. I hope your evening is cool & quiet

Hello Nora, nice to see you!

Wishing everyone a nice night!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

morning all ...how are we all today then ? good I hope ,well we have got the heat back again ...so the hosepipe ban is a definite ...oh and to catch people they are going to use drones!Panda is taking her meds no problem at all ,in fact you can see her licking her lips after its obviously a good taste......again ,cant really do a lot on my railway its far too hot ,fitted a new awning rail on the van ...makes it easier to put the awning up ...
                                ok brew time ....

hiya Lav ,how are you then,?ok ..glad you survived the onslaught ,of the kid feeders ,.thanks for the ideas on the courgettes ,Im going to do some of them tonight ..glad you found the pots n panz ..hoe you found a cup ..heres a brew ..

hiya pauly ,how are you today then ? did you sleep any better ,hope so did the leccy people come and fix the power?we dont do air con over here mind you the heat aint normal.have a good day...

hiya ppqp ...how are you today then?all good I hope ..did you get the storm ,and the hooley blowing gale?I used to drink whisky..that is in between glugging it!or vodka or beer or anything else ..hows the garden coming along ?hope you have a lovely day x

hiya everybody else too..hope you have a good day folks ...

GIRL: I have done a great sin. I called my boyfriend a BASTARD

PSYCHIATRIST: Well now, that's not a nice thing to call anyone, so what did he do to deserve that?

GIRL: Well, he kissed me.

PSYCHIATRIST: You mean like this?

GIRL: .. Yes!

PSYCHIATRIST: Well that's no reason to call him a BASTARD.

GIRL: But, he put his hand in my top.

GIRL: Yes!

GIRL: But, he took my clothes off.

GIRL: Yes!

GIRL: But, he had sex with me!

GIRL: .Yes!

GIRL: But, he told me he has AIDS.

PSYCHIATRIST: BASTARD!!!!!

For Sale:

Complete set of Encyclopaedia Britannica. 45 volumes. Excellent condition. $1,000.00 or best offer. No longer needed. Got married last weekend. Wife knows bloody everything.

A little old lady is walking down the street, dragging two plastic garbage bags with her, one in each hand. There's a hole in one of the bags, and every once in a while a $20 bill comes flying out of it onto the pavement. Noticing this, a policeman stops her.

"Ma'am, there are $20 bills falling out of that bag."

"Damn!" says the little old lady, "I'd better go back and see if I can gather up some of them. Thanks!"

"Well, now, not so fast," says the cop. "Where did you get that money? Did you steal it?"

"Oh, no," says the little old lady. "You see, my yard backs up to the parking lot of the football stadium. Each time there's a game, a lot of fans come and pee in the bushes, right into my flower beds! So, I stand behind the bushes with a big hedge clipper and each time some guy sticks his d.ck through the bushes, I say; '$20 or off it comes!'"

"Hey not a bad idea!" laughs the cop. "Ok, good luck! By the way, what's in the other bag?"

"Well," says the little old lady, "not all of them pay up."

Okay, I admit it.... I have a lead foot, and I drive way too fast, so I was not surprised when a state trooper pulled us over as I was driving through Georgia. Hoping to get off with a warning, I tried to appear shocked when the trooper walked up to the car.

"I have never been stopped like this before," I said to the officer.

"What do they usually do, ma'am," he asked, "shoot the tires out?"

Apple is developing computer chips that stores music in women’s breast implants.

This is a major breakthrough as women are always complaining about men staring at their breasts and not listening to them.

Four married blokes go fishing. After an hour, the following conversation took place:

First bloke: "You have no idea what I had to do to be able to come fishing this weekend. I had to promise my wife I will paint every room in the house next weekend."

Second bloke: "That's nothing; I had to promise my wife I will a build new pool deck.

Third bloke: "Man, you both have it easy! I had to promise to remodel the kitchen."

They continue fishing then realize the fourth bloke hasn't said a word. So they ask him. "You haven't said what you had to do to come fishing. What's the deal?"

Fourth bloke: "I just set my alarm for 5:30 am. It went off, I shut it off, gave the wife a nudge and said, "Fishing or Sex" She said, "Wear sun-block."

Comment

Working...
                                X