wc 15th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: wc 15th

Mae everybody,not sure what time the power got fixed at work but with no power you can't really do anything,luckily I was in the middle of a ladies long hair trim so I only was using scissors,the other girl was finishing up a mans haircut and he had to leave with a fuzzy neck haha funny jokes Mick haha!! Much love to all and wishes for a great BF Thursday
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL....

Mick...We've got the heat and bubble up thunderstorms here. Everyone was wide awake at 2am with the thunder, could have sworn it was sitting over top of us. When I looked outside it was bone dry. Son says just wait for it, will probably downpour in 5 minutes and yup he was right. We are on par for the same to happen tonight. Didn't have to water the garden today. LOL Good job on getting the awning rail fitted. So would that be the work you had to redo when you back from holidays? Hopefully you got your money back from the bungled job. Glad Panda likes her med, it makes it easier on you. Was supposed to take a pic of the garden for my SIL but completely forgot! So will hopefully remember tomorrow and post an update pic.

Pauly...how's the power situation today? Are you getting these pop up storms too? Hope you had an easy day.

Fire Department and our Fire Alarm/Extinguisher Contractor onsite to do the annual inspection/testing today. Takes about 2 hours to go through everything and I forgot to tell the exercise class what was going on so when they did the alarm test you should have seen them scramble. LOL It was worth not telling them, I can be so mean. Beat it home before the next round of rumble so just making tomato soup and grilled cheese in case we loose power. Have a safe evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Day 3 with the grandsons done, I survived, ha ha! I took them to the little zoo nearby so they could see the new female giraffe, she's tiny & adorable

Mick, I roasted broccoli with sliced garlic tonight, yum. I think Det would like it too, LOL
        So you have water restrictions now? Is that what you were saying? We have had them in the past but it's been quite a while. Glad you stayed busy with your projects.

Pauly, the Amish live day in & day out without electricity. Can you imagine functioning in that environment? It's crazy to me.

PQ, I kid of like a good thunder storm but it always knocks out the power & cable around here. If it cools things down though then it's worth the hassle.

Forgot to close up the chicken house so I'd better run.
        Have a nice night everyone.

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

No Lav,,I'd not survive long with no power,I just posted on steppers that the power was out from 12:30 to after 6:30 and the grocery store was throwing out lots of food! Frozen and fridge stuff was cleared out,glad you had fun with the kids PQ,yep we have the crazy storms that come out of nowhere too right now,I came home and was giving myself a perm cuz it's been sooooo humid and I'm tired of flat,greasy looking hair haha but it was getting so dark with the clouds I nearly turned the lamps on at 2:30 crazy,corn dogs and mac and cheese for dinner cuz sometimes that's just how I roll

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

morning all ,how are we today then ? hopefully all is well with you ...well its supposed to rain this afternoon so will give the land some needed water ...it is bone dry and when you water it .its not touching anything at all ...Panda is starting to get used to taking meds ,and she seems to ( dont know if its my imagination) be walking better.went out this morning and took a couple of pics in the garden ,quite pleased with it...

20180720_081541.jpg

20180720_081603.jpg

20180625_070732 (1).jpg

ok then lets have a brew peeps ...

hiya pauly ...wow sounds like you had a crazy mixed up day no power ,so you decided to have a perm Im gonna try that next time.....heres my bougie.##

.20180720_081516.jpg

hiya Lav ,hows you then ?day 3 with grandsons done then?you are doing well..here you are a brew with added patience ..
            broccoli and sliced garlic ....hmmm yes we have water restrictions on the go here now..

hiya ppqp..how are you today then? ok hopefully ok .yes that was the work I had to do on return ..virtually had to remake it all..oh Ill be getting my money or a part of it back,Feeling really tired today for some reason..yes she is taking her meds ok..did you take the pic for your sil?

take it easy folks

My wife came home from the doctor's office and said that he told her she couldn't make love. I've always known this, but how he find out?

A lion is drinking from a puddle and his tail is up. A gorilla walks up behind him, seizes the opportunity and screws the lion in the ass.

The gorilla takes off and the lion takes off after him. The gorilla runs into a hunter's camp, jumps into a tent, puts on a safari outfit and a pith helmet, grabs a copy of The Johannesburg Times, sits down and pretends to read.

The lion runs into the camp, sticks his head into the tent and roars, "Arrgg! Did a gorilla come through here?"

The gorilla says, "You mean the one that nailed you in the ass?"

The lion says, "You mean it's in the paper already?"

He said . . .... Shall we try swapping positions tonight?
            She said ... That's a good idea - you stand by the ironing board while I sit on the sofa and fart!

You Are No Longer 'cool' When...
            1. You find yourself listening to talk radio.

2. You daughter says she got pierced and you look at her ears.

3. The pattern on your shorts and couch match.

4. You fondly remember your powder blue leisure suit.

5. Your wife buys a flannel nighty and you find that sexy.

6. You think Tragically Hip is when a middle-aged man gets a
            new sports car, hair piece and a 20 year old girlfriend.

7. You criticize the kids of today for their satanic suicide-
            inducing music, forgetting that you rocked to Pink Floyd and
            Black Sabbath.

8. You call the police on a noisy party next door instead of
            grabbing beer and joining in.

9. You turn down free tickets to a rock concert because you
            have to work the next day.

10. When grass is something that you cut, not cultivate.

11. When jogging is something you do to your memory.

12. Rocking all night means dozing off in your rocking chair.

13. Sex becomes: "All that foolishness."

14. Getting a little action means your prune juice is working.

15. All the cars behind you flash their headlights.

16. You remember the "Rolling Stones" as a rock group not a
            corporation.

17. You bought your first car for the same price you paid
            for your son's new running shoes.

18. You actually ASK for your father's advice.

19. You don't know how to operate a fax machine.

20. When someone mentions SURFING you picture waves and a
            surf board.

Two Eskimos sitting in a kayak were chilly, but, when they lit a fire in the craft, it sank, proving that you can't have your kayak and heat it too.

World's Easiest Quiz
            (Passing requires 4 correct answers)

1) How long did the Hundred Years War last?

2) Which country makes Panama hats?

3) From which animal do we get catgut?

4) In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution?

5) What is a camel's hair brush made of?

6) The Canary Islands in the Pacific are named after what animal?

7) What was King George VI's first name?

8) What color is a purple finch?

9) Where are Chinese gooseberries from?

10) What is the color of the black box in a commercial airplane?

All done? Check your answers below!

>>--------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANSWERS TO THE QUIZ

1) How long did the Hundred Years War last?
            *116 years

2) Which country makes Panama hats?
            *Ecuador

3) From which animal do we get cat gut?
            *Sheep and Horses

4) In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution?
            *November

5) What is a camel's hair brush made of?
            *Squirrel fur

6) The Canary Islands in the Pacific are named after what animal?
            *Dogs

7) What was King George VI's first name?
            *Albert

8) What color is a purple finch?
            *Crimson

9) Where are Chinese gooseberries from?
            *New Zealand

10) What is the color of the black box in a commercial airplane?
            *Orange, of course.

What do you mean you failed?!
            Last edited by Mick; July 20, 2018, 12:18 PM.
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody,ugh I'm not"cool" anymore cuz I relate to more items on that list than not Mick try and rest up,I know some days I just feel like a zombie even with enough sleep,it's overcast here right now,last night around 9:30 the lightening started then just started pouring! I had to tell Winslow god was just taking pictures haha,at this rate I'll never get him to stop wanting to sleep under my bed,ugh,much love to all and wishes for a fab,free Friday yeah!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...great looking garden you should be very pleased. Panda could be walking better with the meds reducing swelling so it might not be your imagination. Did you get some rain today? We didn't but I got a feeling the Tstorms will be back tonight. Did take a pic of my garden, it could fit inside any one of your plots. Not surprised you're tired, you're always on the go. Also the heat can really zap you.

garden.jpg

There's a tall plant towards the right with white flowers on it. Don't know what it is, probably a weed. LOL

Pauly...will be reading the rest of Mick's post after this so I'll probably be joining you in the Not Cool club. We shall see. I wasn't woken up with thunder last night but tonight could be a different story. Hope you had a good day.

Lav...hope you got the chicken house closed up with all accounted for. I always have my flashlight handy during storms because I can always read without power. LOL

I'm glad it's Friday, looking forward to the weekend and doing as little as possible. Did some thinning in the garden last week and everything has grown up. LOL Will be having fresh veg's, perhaps some roasted, over the weekend. I plan on planting winter garlic this year in preparation for some Det recopies. Have a quiet evening all....:smile:PPQP

Yup...I'm not cool and I failed!
                Last edited by porqoui; July 20, 2018, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Just to be perfectly clear - Pink Floyd was NOT satanic, LOL

I had a nice kid free day today & even got to go to an Amish furniture maker's shop where he makes everything out of rescued barn wood. Most of the pieces are unfinished so you can do that part yourself if you like. YB was looking for a book case, they said they would build one for him, nice folks.

Mick, your garden looks great & I see many, many tomatoes in your future
                  I hope you got some rain for your plants. I hear it's going to rain starting tomorrow evening & rain most of the next 7 days, ugh. We already have flood warnings up.

Pauly, I'm using a B12 spray a few times/week. I don't eat much meat so my diet is probably lacking. We need more as we age for natural energy. This spray goes under your tongue & is absorbed directly into your bloodstream (bypassing the stomach where it would be destroyed). Here's where I get it: MAX-B12â„¢ Vitamin B12 Mint Spray | Methycobalamin | B12 1000 MCG

PQ, it's hard to count chickens when they refused to line up & stand still. I think I may be missing two right now, WTH?
                  We found a spot where it looks like they were trying to dig under the fence, duh. We put some cinder blocks in there to stop that. The only way I can stop them from getting over the fence is to clip their wings. I have clipped a few of them in the past & may have to clip all of them in the near future.

Did anyone happen to see my FB pic of the 3 yolk egg yesterday? That was the craziest thing I've ever seen, ha ha!
                  Well, I hope we all have a nice night!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I seen it Lav and it was cool PQ,garden looks very nice,I'd be happy with one that size,this year I just decided to do patio plants in pots,,,,boring

Comment

Lav...oooh a B12 spray! Thanks for the link, I'll be checking that out pronto. I can understand the reluctance of the chicken lineup.

funny-picture-chicken-lineup.jpg

Glad you had a nice kid free day and you really do have to admire the Amish.

Pauly...do you actually have a yard or are your pots on a deck/patio? I would love a pic as I have a lot of ideas to make it less boring.

Comment

morning all.....how are we today then ? all good I hope ...we had overnight storms but it is as if they hadnt been at all..blue skies again today ...had an early night last night ,feel a bit more less tired today ...so whthout further ado ,lets get on ,
                        hiya ppqp,hows you then?thanks for the pic ...yes I think you are right the whit flowered job shouldnt be there ....a fine selection of veggies in there..and also a good few sunflowers too!!I love em...Im off to Italy in Sept ,cant wait to see the sunflowers there ..oh and of course Sorrento Pompei and Herculaneum...did you get the storms?hope you have a nice weekend

hiya Pauly ,how are you ? yep think we are all in the not cool gang I dont think cool is the in word nowadays anyway!!how are you doing ?ok I hope ...have an ace weekend ..

hiya Lav ....see you on the dark side of the moon.........................got to agree with you . I still blast that in the car when Im on my own !When I lived near Stafford ,in a little village ,I went to Ozzy Osbournes house for a new year party ..it was absolutely mad !Im guessing now but around 74/75...anyway hows the kid free life doing ?yes I saw the triple yolker....have you ever had any with none? I love making things out of "junk wood"I need a new belt sander ...I burnt another one out yesterday sanding shelves down...
                        as for the tomatoes ..yes I will have loads ...and guesswhat ..Im not allowed to eat too many because of the potassium..a rule that goes unhindered let me tell you !!but there are loads to give away .

hiya Sam and Pie ,TT Det Nora C SK and all the names that yoosta be here , hope you are ok ...

10 Rules For Men To Follow For A Happy Life

1. It's important to have a woman who helps at home.

2. It's important to have a woman who cooks from time to time.

3. It's important to have a woman who keeps the house clean.

4. It's important to have a woman who has a job.

5. It's important to have a woman who likes you.

6. It's important to have a woman who can be your very best friend.

7. It's important to have a woman who can make you laugh.

8. It's important to have a woman who you can trust, who doesn't lie to you.

9. It's important to have a woman who is good in bed.

10. It's very, very important that these nine women do not know each other.

Sincerely,

Tiger Woods

Nancy Reagan's Letter to John Hinkley

We could all learn so much from this elegant and gracious lady. You might recall that John Hinckley was a seriously deranged young man who shot President Reagan in the early 1980's.

Hinckley was absolutely obsessed with movie star Jodie Foster, and in his twisted mind, loved Jodie to the point that to make himself well known to her, he attempted to assassinate President Reagan.

There is speculation Hinckley may soon be released as having been rehabilitated. Consequently, you will appreciate the following letter from Nancy Reagan to John Hinckley:

To: John Hinckley

My family and I wanted to drop you a short note to tell you how pleased we are with the great strides you are making in your recovery.

In our country's spirit of understanding and forgiveness, we want you to know that we bear no grudge against you for shooting President Reagan.

We are fully aware that mental stress and pain could have driven you to such an act of desperation. We're confident that you will soon make a complete recovery and return to your family to join the world again as a healthy and productive man.

Best wishes,

Nancy Reagan & Family

P.S. While you have been incarcerated, Donald Trump has been banging Jodie Foster like a screen door in a tornado. You might want to look into that.

Three sons left home, started careers and prospered. Getting back together, they discussed the gifts that they were able to give their elderly mother for her seventieth birthday.

The first said, "I built a big house for Mom."

The second said, "I sent her a Mercedes with a driver."

The third smiled and said, "I've got you both beat. You know how Mom enjoys the Bible and you know she can't see very well. I sent her a brown parrot that can recite the entire Bible. It took 20 monks in a monastery 12 years to teach him. I had to pledge to contribute $100,000 a year for 10 years, but it was worth it. Mom just has to name the chapter and verse and the parrot will recite it."

Soon thereafter, Mom sent out letters of thanks:

She wrote to the first son, "Milton, the house you built is not practical. I live in only one room, but I have to heat, cool, and clean the whole house."

She wrote to the second son, "Marvin, I am too old to travel. I stay home all the time, so I never use the Mercedes. And the driver is so rude!"

She wrote the third son, "Dearest Melvin, you were the only son to have the good sense to know what your mother likes. The chicken was delicious."

Elsie, an elderly lady, stopped to drive into a parking space when a young man in his brand new red BMW drove around her and parked in the space that she had been waiting for. Elsie was so angered that she approached the young fellow and enquired, through gritted teeth, 'I was about to park there.'

The man looked at her with disdain and replied, 'That's what you can do when you're young and bright.'

This annoyed Elsie even more, so she got back in her car, backed it up and then she stamped on the accelerator and rammed straight into his BMW.

The young man ran back to his car and shouted in a stunned voice, 'What did you do that for?'

Elsie smiled at him and said, 'That's what you can do when you're old and rich.'

Manure definition
                        In the 16th and 17th centuries, everything had to be transported by ship and it was also before the invention of commercial fertilizers, so large shipments of manure were quite common.

The manure was shipped dried, because in dry form it weighed a lot less than when wet. But once water (at sea) hit it, not only did it become heavier, but the process of fermentation began of which, of course, a by product is Methane Gas. As the stuff was stored below decks in bundles you can see what could (and did) happen. Methane began to build up below decks and as soon as someone went below at night with a lantern, BOOOOM!

Several ships were destroyed in this manner before it was determined what was happening.

After that, the bundles of manure were always stamped with the instruction - 'Stow high in transit' on them, so that the sailors knew to stow it high enough above the lower decks so that any water that came into the hold would not touch this volatile cargo and start the production of methane.

Thus evolved the term -'S.H.I.T' -(Stow High In Transit) which has come down through the centuries and is still in use to this very day.

The Seven Degrees of Blonde

FIRST DEGREE
                        A married couple were asleep when the phone rang at 2 in the morning.
                        The very blonde wife picked up the phone, listened a moment and said, "How should I know, that's 1200 miles from here!" and hung up.
                        The husband said, "Who was that?"
                        The wife answered, "I don't know, some woman wanting to know if the coast is clear."

SECOND DEGREE
                        Two blondes are walking down the street. One notices a compact on the sidewalk and leans down to pick it up.
                        She opens it, looks in the mirror and says, "Hmm, this person looks familiar."
                        The second blonde says, "Here, let me see!" So the first blonde hands her the compact.
                        The second one looks in the mirror and says, "You dummy, it's me!"

THIRD DEGREE
                        A blonde suspects her boyfriend of cheating on her, so she goes out and buys a gun.
                        She goes to his apartment unexpectedly and when she opens the door she finds him in the arms of a redhead.
                        Well, the blonde is really angry. She opens her purse to take out the gun, and as she does so, she is overcome with grief. She takes the gun and puts it to her head.
                        The boyfriend yells, "No, honey, don't do it!!!"
                        The blonde replies, "Shut up, you're next!"

FOURTH DEGREE
                        A blonde was bragging about her knowledge of state capitals. She proudly says, "Go ahead, ask me, I know all of them."
                        A friend says, "OK,what's the capital of Wisconsin ?"
                        The blonde replies, "Oh, that's easy: W."

FIFTH DEGREE
                        What did the blonde ask her doctor when he told her she was pregnant?
                        "Is it mine?"

SIXTH DEGREE
                        Bambi, a blonde in her fourth year as a UCLA Freshman, sat in her US government class.
                        The professor asked Bambi if she knew what Roe vs. Wade was about.
                        Bambi pondered the question, then finally said, "That was the decision George Washington had to make before he crossed the Delaware "

SEVENTH DEGREE
                        Returning home from work, a blonde was shocked to find her house had been burglarized. She telephoned the police at once and reported the crime.
                        The police dispatcher broadcast the call on the radio, and a K-9 unit, patrolling nearby, was the first to respond.
                        As the K-9 officer approached the house with his dog on a leash, the blonde ran out on the porch, shuddered at the sight of the cop and his dog, then sat down on the steps.
                        Putting her face in her hands, she moaned, "I come home to find all my possessions stolen, I call the police for help, and what do they do?
                        They send me a BLIND policeman."
                        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick jokes are hilarious! I'm impressed you partied at Ozzy's house,must have been wild! In work today but not feeling it,I'm sure I'll be alright once I get there tho,much love to all and wishes for a super,sober Saturday!

Comment

[MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]-Hey girl, I posted on your Paulysville thread. I cannot believe it's been a year since Jon passed away. Thinking of you, hon. So glad Jon told you he loved you before he went on to a better life. You were the BEST sister.:heartbeat:

Comment

afternoon all
                              Pauly, agreed good jokes today, Mick.
                              not much happening other than working on stuff that doesn't work and my fixes don't repair anything. New valve for post driver, put it on and the valve is too small to work unless tractor is really revved up. Compared to my old one, much smaller. So am I out $500? wait till monday and call the f..ckers. So no fencing again. oh well. Found out I'm going to court as a witness in a boundary dispute. I swear, why don't people get along. Without going into it, this one is the dumbest.

Flying out soon to Seattle, going to a wedding, niece's. Should be a good time.

well hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their weekend.
                              later
                              Sam
                              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...Agreed, the white flower has to go. LOL Glad you're feeling a little less tired today and hopefully you'll get a good rest tonight. Storms didn't materialize last night but the clouds are bubbling up as I type, so we shall see. Are there lots of sunflowers in Italy? Having a quiet weekend so far and loving it.

Pauly...hope work went ok today. I'm impressed Mick partied at Ozzy's as well.

Rusty...not sure how you get the link, when I type in [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] it just sits there. LOL

Sam...bummer about the valve, hope you can sort something out on Monday. Frustrating! Another dumb dispute in court, seems Americans will sue over the drop of a hat. Have a great time at the wedding, going to play some tunes for them?

Brought a load of veg's back from the garden so off to make a salad. Hope you're all enjoying the weekend....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                                X