Anyone Looking for a Work-out Partner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha ha :H Bungee likes to jump on my lap while I'm in the Ab-Lounge doing my jack knifes. He really thinks he's a big help....

I had a great hike on the beach yesterday. Up and down a steep hill & out to the cliffs, I can feel it in my knees so much more than what I feel from the eliptical. It was so nice to get out with no rain for a change. Good thing I did... it's pouring again today.
    The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Hello Everyone!

I just wanted to jump in and say hi. I did 10 min on the elliptical after work today, My plan is to be up to 20 min by the end of next week. I'm doing the elliptical 3 days a week and the bowflex 3 days a week. I did the bowflex yesterday, but I may mess around with it if I get bored tonight. Also lots of daily stomach cruches. I haven't worn a bikini in 2 years, too much flab from drinking, I hope to get back into one this summer!
      Marcie

Comment

I got my son perfect pushup thingies and they seem to work great, of course I got em so I could use em too. Firstly the girlie on the knees pushups, have to work up. I don't know about a two piece but ya never know with this kind of motivation!
        The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Keep in mind..fat looks better if it's cooked... I always get a good tan started in the backyard, before I bare it out on the river...:H

But that's not gonna be for quite some time...

Between now & then I'll just keep on exercising.
          The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Hey Marcie, hubby and I wish we had room for a bowflew, lucky you....plans are to build a bigger house in a couple of years and have a room for a gym.....maybe then.....
            Everyone sounds so motivated!!! It makes me excited to set my alarm again!
            I'm going to rest tonight and read my new Health magazine that came today!
            It sounds like everyone had awesome workouts....Jude...yours just sounds GREAT!!!!
            Best wishes to all! Good night from Dixie! :h

Comment

Hello everybody !!
              Tonight hubby suggested a couple glasses of wine, but I decided to do my workout instead as I was in town most of the day... It is sooo worth it to feel this happy inside eh?

Hello Marcie, and welcome to our workout thread !!! You are doing so great... 2 thumbs up !
              Suzanna you'll be in a 2 piece suit before you know it...
              Fresh Hope, I never been on Weight Watchers but from what I've always learned it is really balanced and healthy...
              Yep, it's a good idea with the pet gate to keep little Cooper out.. He must be a cutie for sure. I gotta agree with Mr. Boops about going about this at your own pace. I found that when I put too much time on the clock, I was really procastinating and we don't want that. You are doing just great !
              I wish you and I were neighbours Jude, I love to walk and hike.
              Way to go Trixie ! :goodjob:
              I'm with you 100 % Mr. Boop about the 2 litres of water... For every reason possible it is so important to get that water in.
              I just thought I'd log my workout and drop a line or two...
              "Jump start your mornings with the proper fuel that will set you up for an amazing day" !!!
              "What you eat in private shows in public"
              Take Care All !!! We Rock :h

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

OK you guys, did 20 mins on elliptical. I had to have something to report here! It's too cold outside to garden maybe until later, it was 32 degrees this morning, and these spoiled thinblooded muscles are not used to that! :H
                The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Hello, my friends!

Quick check in... I'm off to work. But, I did get 30 minutes of interval treadmill in today again!! Yeah! My food arrives on Friday and I am so excited to get into my bikini when I go to mexico March 23rd!! Watch out!!!!!!!!

MM
                  Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

MM,

What food?

Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I am startign on a program called Chefs Diet (www.chefsdiet.com). I am so busy that my biggest downfall is eating right, or at all! The time I need to shop and prepare properly gets lost after about Tuesday of each week. So, I thought that I would do this for three months. I have a few celebrity clients that suggested it. I guess the food is amazing! i am also newly single and my little one is so easy to make something for because she eats like a bird.. So, I plan to eat nothing but what they send and work out every day on my treadmill that is sitting in front of the television now! It goes fast that way. I watch the Today Show and the tiem just zooms!

MM
                      Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Wow! I am amazed at everyone's enthusiasm. Didn't get a chance to check in yesterday. I managed 20 minutes on the treadmill. Will try and go a little longer today. Reading all your posts really has me motivated!

Comment

trixies workout

I go after works because mornings are for cuddling with the cat.
                          last night I walked 1 1/2 miles to the gym.

stretched for about 20 approx.

swam for 25 mins.

rewarded myself with the sauna.

then I went food shopping and had some bbq japanese sardines for dinner.

it's been really cold here so you have to walk fast.

I'll take a break today, but I walk an average of 2 to 3 miles a day, that counts running up and down the stairs in the subway. ( this is just running around like a crazy neurotic new yorker)

My friend moved here 3 months ago and has lost 14 lbs just from running around like a crazy new yorker.

Feeling good
                          You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Trixie, that is so true, I remember commuting to "the city" from Mt. Vernon and climbing stairs, dashing through the streets, so cold, somedays would cut through the Met Life building or underground through the Vanderbilt hotel I think it was. I had a great butt then from walking up the hill after work too :H

Comment

Ouch!!!
                              Gym first time in months today.
                              Managed to do 40 mins cardio and 20 mins on the weights....i even managed 50 crunches...god knows how!!!
                              Im pretty sore now but i feel good.....im not sure if ill still be saying that tommorow when i cant move!!!

Lou-Lou x x
                              "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Trixie,

Last time I was in NY, (Nov this year) I was working in Jersey City.

I ended up walking from the "site" up to China Town - where I was staying.

Great exercise and I didn't end up on the wrong subway line. :H

However, I must say, looking at the devastation broke my heart. I know it has been years but it broke my heart nonetheless. What we "know" and what we "see" are two different things. I am sure all you New Yorkers are innured to it by now. I was not.

I had stayed at the World Trade Center Marriott two months prior to the bombings and had been at the bar up top (can't remember the name -- Top of the World??) and really "felt it" when the bombings happened. I had made friends there and worried so much about those people...

Okay. What a downer!! However, I am leaving this as is because it was a huge trigger for me. HUGE. I have purposely avoided that area until this (last) year and when I went there, it truly broke my heart.

Love,
                                Cindi

However, I did get great exercise walking from the PATH to Chinatown every day... Sorry I changed the mood of this thread but really wanted to get this out. I cannot believe how much I repressed this the last two months!!
                                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X