Anyone Looking for a Work-out Partner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lou, WOW!!! 50 crunches are still in my dreams... I'm hurting a little today from the session at the gym yesterday... Well done everyone... Keep it up!!!
    TIGGER1 :l

Formerly Mr Boop

Comment

Hello everyone! Just checking in!!!! BRRRRRR it is cold here too, Suzanna!! Man, these Southern Miss muscles aren't used to it at all!!!! But, I got up and logged in my time on the ole treadmill this morning and it was great!
      Hey MM! Going to Mexico on March 23??? Well, that's my birthday!! GOOOOD LUCK! Two years ago at this time, I was working out hard getting ready for a cruise down there. It was great! You will love it!
      Hey Cyndi, is it cold over there too?? Brrrr...
      You all sound awesome guys! Hubby and I leave tomorrow going up north a ways to visit family for a while. I'm going to try and get my walks in, but snow my be an issue for this ole girl....don't know yet.
      Keep up the good work! I'll be thinking of each and every one of you!
      :good:

Comment

USMgirl, Have a great time up north with the family... Take some tennis rackets with you... Tennis gives you a good cardio workout, and if it's snowy underfoot the rackets make great snow shoes,, LOL.... Have fun!!!
        TIGGER1 :l

Formerly Mr Boop

Comment

You know what Cindi, it's still very much with us all. Last time I drove by on NJ Turnpike it was 2004, and glancing over and was broken hearted all over again looking at the changed skyline. I just completely understand. That city is my hometown, I'm from Washington Heights, which is upper west side of Manhattan. But you don't have to be from NY to feel the loss, it's everybody's loss.

OK ya'll, I'm going to do 5 more pathetic pushups on the contraptions to turn the thread back. Mr. Boop, I'm trying!!!
          The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Slow start. Ended up doing nothing yesterday but got in a 2 mile walk today despite the freezing weather. Plan on 2 mile walk tomorrow and gym on Saturday. Having a difficult time getting out of holiday mode and into work early which makes all the difference for me. Impressed with the committment from everyone.

Comment

I spent about 30 minutes on the bowflex tonight. The workout should take less time once I figure out exactly what I want to do and in what order. I'm getting better at it and did much more than I did the other day. Now I'm off to do 40 or so crunches(been trying to do those every day). Tomorrow is elliptical day for me!
              Marcie

Comment

Top of the morning everybody !!!
                Cindi, I could feel the anguish from your post about the World Trade Center.. Thank-You for sharing it and getting it out... I could actually "feel" the healing happening in your post.

Well Lou, your workouts will get easier as your body adapts.. Keep it up my friend. 50 crunches are awesome !!

Good for you in your walking programme Trixie !! Walking is so good for you.
                Mr Boop, I hope that today you aren't hurting too bad from your workouts... Just think of the new fat burning muscles you have built.
                Ahhh MM, you are gonna be a hot chick in Mexico What a good idea with ordering healthy prepared foods... You are a very wise gal indeed.
                Suzanna, pushups will strengthen your core. Excellent excercise !
                Cuckoosnest, good for you taking all those long walks. You will bump up your metabolism and build muscles in those legs.
                Marcie, I too found it kinda confusing at first when using my bowflex machine. You will eventually find a routine for yourself and it will be second nature on how to do it.
                Talk about cold !!!! Yesterday it was -25 Celcius with about 14 inches of snow everywhere... There is about a foot of ice on all the small inland lakes too.
                Yesterday I took the day off from my workout although everyday I have the barn to clean which is pretty good for the arms and back.
                I'm just going to do my barn chore ( clean 2 large box stalls, sweep and haul hay for the horses) Then I'll find something on tv for my workout. I'll do my usual 30 minutes of alternating eliptical, recombent bike, then 60 side to side crunches (right elbow to left knee, then left elbow to right knee etc.) as well as 25 regular crunches... then on to do weights on the bowflex focusing on my thighs front, and then curls for my glutes.. then on to arms. I use 35 lb resistance on both bows. Then it's shower time !!! Ahhhh !
                You all inspire me !!! We Rock !

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

db2fromala;249381 wrote: Trixie,

Last time I was in NY, (Nov this year) I was working in Jersey City.

I ended up walking from the "site" up to China Town - where I was staying.

Great exercise and I didn't
                  end up on the wrong subway line. :H

However, I must say, looking at the devastation broke my heart. I know it has been years but it broke my heart nonetheless. What we "know" and what we "see" are two different things. I am sure all you New Yorkers are innured to it by now. I was not.

I had stayed at the World Trade Center Marriott two months prior to the bombings and had been at the bar up top (can't remember the name -- Top of the World??) and really "felt it" when the bombings happened. I had made friends there and worried so much about those people...

Okay. What a downer!! However, I am leaving this as is because it was a huge trigger for me. HUGE. I have purposely avoided that area until this (last) year and when I went there, it truly broke my heart.

Love,
                  Cindi

However, I did get great exercise walking from the PATH to Chinatown every day... Sorry I changed the mood of this thread but really wanted to get this out. I cannot believe how much I repressed this the last two months!!
                  cindi
                  :l I never go to ground zero, it is too much to bear for me.
                  You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

hi all
                    tonight is gym night.
                    it is butt cold here so I am going to stretch, lift some weights and then run on the treadmill.
                    I have a cough so I'll take it easy.

just a little note:

after a few months of this you guys will feel really high on life, and you will miss your workouts. that happens to me, and I wonder why am being negative, then the light goes on and I am like 'oh I didn't do cardio this week'
                    Trix
                    You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Hello again, I just wanted to let you all know that I'm going to camp this afternoon and will be back Sunday... Hubby will break trail into camp (up some good hills etc for about 1 mile) and I will follow on foot with our 2 labs.. Black lab, Tia and Chocolate Lab Beau... Workout buddy kitty will stay home safe and warm under the fine care of our 2 sons.. 16 & 18... Thank goodness we get a cell signal so I can keep touch with them... They will also care for my 2 horses and 2 miniature goats... My avator is my little Niblet Goat...
                      Although I won't be doing an actual workout, I'll be getting plenty of fresh air and excercise... Keep up the good work you guys and I'll see you all Sunday, Hugs, We Rock !!!

Comment

Niblet, I hope you have a shelter @ your camp! I'll bet it's cold up there! Have fun & stay warm and cozy...

I used to have a pet goat named Valentino, when I was a kid. He followed me around like a puppy.:h

Our power was out this morning, plus we ran out of propane... sometime last night(our fireplace is propane)
                        So I got on the eliptical first thing this morning to warm up.
                        Worked like a charm. I did miss having the travel channel or music to watch while I elipted... but I just turned it to the window & watched the guys outside in the bucket truck cutting trees away from the power lines.
                        The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Hi everyone,
                          Ive only just seen these posts(too busy working out :H )
                          Hope you all don't mind if I join in too .
                          I started back at the gym a few months ago but have really got stuck into it since half way through October.I'm going every morning before work.40 mins of cardio and then another 40 of the weight machines.Its summer here in Aus so all the workouts a very hot and sweaty....
                          I'll be looking forward to see how everyones doing..Great idea
                          Vic xxooxx

Comment

Good morning everyone. Walked my 2 miles this am. Not sure if I'll make it to the gym but its a start. It felt great and I feel totally energized. Hope you all are able to get up and do something today. Its a great way to keep your mind off drinking!

Comment

I'm home from camp !!
                              Welcome Stollies, the more the merrier !! What do you like to do for cardio? Some of us walk, use elipticals or treadmills, or bikes...
                              Hey Jude, you are so creative in keeping warm A nice view of workmen too... giggle !! Giggle !! Yep, at camp we have a big old woodstove and it is insulated really well. It didn't take long to make the camp 80 degrees. I walked half way in on Friday, took a skidoo ride the rest of the way in..We had alot of snow to shovel so that was a pretty good workout too.. On Saturday I walked all the way out to the road and back in along with hubby and the dogs. (40 minutes) I think I'll hop on my eliptical a little later on. When we got home I had double duty in barn chores to do.... Valentino must have been a cutie !!! My little fellas are like that too... When hubby isn't around I sometimes bring them into the house.. You have GOT to see how funny a miniature goat is that sees itself in a full length mirror !!! They absolutely CRACK me up !!!! They are both neutered little males.. They call me " MAAAAAAA !!!!!! " Enjoy your Sunday everybody , We Rock !! Hugs, xxx

Comment

New Brit!!

Hi everyone,
                                I'm new to mwo and love my treadmill. Just finished reading this thread and am feeling even more motivated now, got some new songs on my mp3 so ready to go, did 30 mins today and have the alarm set for 6am to do 30 mins before work. Have to say tho i dont warm up or down! naughty. I stopped the treadmill towards the end of this yr and drank instead, now I'm back on it and drinking water, it really sorts out my digestive system and bowels, as I have felt so bloated lately and have about 2 stone to lose, thinking of you all 4 inspiration whilst I'm running!! Today was the first day I didn't smoke any ciggies!!! Yay!!

Love this thread. Vix. xx

Comment

Working...
                                X