Anyone Looking for a Work-out Partner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MOW - What is the name of the DVD for the exercise ball? Maybe I need one of those and it will help me get going with mine. I have a book with lots of exercises to do with the ball, but I'm having a hard time with it. I really think between the ball, elliptical, and the bowflex I'm going to be one skinny, in shape chick by this summer!
    Marcie

Comment

I'm in,
      went for 30 minute run this morning, then done 30 minutes pilates, going for one hour power walk this afternoon. I doing a one week full on fitness feast to get rid of the wine belly. I will continue after the week (not so full on though) as I'm training for a half marathon in march.
      Honour Thyself

Comment

Hi all I went to the pool last night and swam for 40 minutes. I was really tired after work but went anyway. it went really well.
        i am also watching what I eat and making sure most of what I do eat is green vegetables.
        come spring, I am gonna be ready for the beach.
        You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Good Morning !!!
          MM , congratulations on the 4 lb weight loss !!! Yaahooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          And thanks for helping with the word that was on the tip of my tongue .. hee !! hee !
          MOW, maybe you have the tension to tight or you are going too fast on your eliptical.. It is very intense, so take it slow and steady...Don't be discouraged, you will increase your condioning ...Give it time Hon
          Hey Emily, if that is you on your avator, you look like you are already in marathon condition !!!! Haaa !! Haa !! Keep us posted on your progress. I find that beer is the fastest way to put on a belly for me... I have thankfully lost my taste for the stuff !! Although I enjoy our home made "hooch"... I dilute it with sugar-free gingerale.
          Trixie you are doing so well with your healthy eating.. Your body will thank you.
          Again, I'd like to ask though, ... could somebody give the measurements of a treadmill ... I'm rearanging my little room and I really think I can fit one in... I saw one in town, but the store was closed.. uggg !!! Have a great day.. I'll stop by a little later....
          We Rock !!!!

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Wow, you guys are stellar!:goodjob:

My goal today is a mere 30 minutes of Pilates.

Good luck to everyone!

:heart: E

Comment

Hi guys, Niblet my treadmill measures 27.5 inches wide and 57 inches long, but I'm sure they vary in size, shop around bet you can get a miniture one! Had a real bad day at work again, but not as bad as yesterday so thats progress! MM congrats on quitting cigs, I'm about 2 weeks off them also and they do stop me from drinking also. Do you find that they make you feel low at all???? I'm wondering if its the tablets causing my depression? Although I'm fairly happy at home. Just work is shit. Niblet could you advise me on the Kudzu when and how much to take. Mine arrived this morn, yay. I ran for 30 mins this morning and am off in a minute for another 30 mins. GUYS What the heck is an 'epilletor' or whatever it is called, this thing that you all speak of???????? Is it a cross trainer? Is it an animal? This is kind of like a diary, I like. Much Love to All, thinking of you, looking forward to checking in again and losing some fat.!
              Ciao 4 now
              Vix. xx

Comment

Sorry 'Elliptical'. Emily, get you - shaking that ass, can't wait for inspiration from you on your half marathon training, whereabouts in UK are you Emily?
                Thanks for advice Niblet much to my horror I am rubbish on my puter and well jealous of anyone like Emily that can do things like a moving avatar and people that post photo's in the gallery, oh the things there are to learn. . . . . . xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

emily;255450 wrote: I'm in,
                  went for 30 minute run this morning, then done 30 minutes pilates, going for one hour power walk this afternoon. I doing a one week full on fitness feast to get rid of the wine belly. I will continue after the week (not so full on though) as I'm training for a half marathon in march.
                  Hi Emily
                  I'm training for a half marathon in May!
                  I've got a long way to go as I started with
                  a zero running base! This is the biggest
                  challenge for me not being athletic. Got
                  any tips? Have you done one before? I
                  find the mental challenge the hardest.
                  I'm hoping the training will cut out the
                  booze consumption just a bit!!! Any
                  advice gratefully received Cheers Pan

Comment

Hey Ya'll :goodjob:

Sorry I haven't been down here in a few days... Plus I picked up an extra shift tonight @ work..busier than sh*t!

E- here's your A$$ kickin'!

It's been CRAZY here @ our house! Dog fights, emergency room @ midnight for Hubby's hands being bitten by dogs while fighting...
                    Never a dull moment...I'll try & tranfer the continueing saga..from the other day...

here it is....

Whew! Had a Hell of a day here @ our house yesterday! I had 2 friends over for hilighting & hair dying/pool playing day... (kinda ..girls day in...)

We were having so much fun Hubby was afraid to come home...he ended up going to the bar to watch a ball game after golfing, to give us more time! LOL ( I answered the phone panting ..because I was on the eliptical, waiting for my hi-lighting to take effect...so when I answered the phone, out of breath... I mentioned I had strange white creamy stuff in my hair... that Jerry or Joe had put there...) Her name is Jari Joe LOL!:H

My poor Hubby .

So later, when we're playing pool. After hubby is home, just when things were starting to wind down. Still don't know what caused it... but our 2 big dogs got in a fight! One of them is a great pyrrenease mix & the other is a rottwieler mix..both BIG! I've never seen them go @ it like that! I grabbed the tail of the Great pyrreneease & was pulling him as hard as I could,..he wouldn't let go of the other dog. Hubby was pulling on rotty...we barely got them apart. Hubby got both hands bitten! We had to take him to the emergency room about midnight. He has puncture bites on both hands, and very sore. They gave him a tetaness(sp) shot and cleaned & bandaged him. Could've been much worse...considering the size of our dogs! It was scarey.

I'm thinking just all of the activity of having company & the new pool table,..the furniture is all moved around... the dogs like to watch the pool balls, and think it's fun to try & get the que ball out when it drops. Gonna have to put a stop to that!

Here's to a calmer day...

Comment

Oh My! I bought an exercise ball DVD today so I could see some visual instruction as well as the book. It is called the 10 minute solution and has 5 different 10 minute routines to do. I did the lower body and the upper body ones and I'm going to DIE! I didn't even do all of them because I couldn't keep up with the pace on everything. I'll do more tomorrow.

I also did 25 minutes on the elliptical, Holy shit that is 45 minutes of exercise! I can't remember the last time I did that.

I have to say I'm liking getting into this, I keep thinking I don't have time, but I have tons of time now that I'm not sitting at home after work and drinking!

Judie, I hope you have a quieter day.

I thought about training for a marathon as they just kicked off the organized training for a marathon in my city that is in May. I decided that was too much to take on at once. My life is already a ton different that last month even, I was starting to feel overwhelmed.
                      Marcie

Comment

Hello, my fit friends!

I finally got back on the treadmill today after 4 days off becasue of damn tooth! Felt great..

So, feels like I had a stall, but that's OK.

I'll check in tomorrow..

MM
                        Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Ok - I'm finally with the program!
                          Yesterday I did the ball workout for the second time, and I got on my elliptical for the third time. The first two times on it I did 5 mins or less, so when I got on last night i was determined to do 6 minutes. And guess what? I did TWELVE minutes!! I was so pleased with myself.
                          Thanks for all the inspiration you all!
                          FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

WTG - MOW!

OMG, Jude.. I am exhausted just reading you last post.. hahaha!

Well, I am trying to get on my treadmill now.. doing some work before work and popped on here for a "minute" you know how that goes.. OK.. LEAVING!

check in later...

MM
                            Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

I am going to the gym again tonite. stretching, I love stretching, maybe I am part kitty.
                              then I am running on the treadmill and listening to some punk rock (old School) and after that the rowing machines.
                              The hot guys are always hanging around the rowing machines, not sure why.
                              hey Jude the moon was in Aries the last few days. that is a very aggressive moon.
                              I have 2 friends ( a couple) they never ever fight, and they sure got into it the other night.
                              You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Hi guys, sorry I didn't stop by for the last couple days... We are short staffed right now, because a girl is away... I've been up and gone to work before the sun is up... then I have barn chore, dinner to make... You know how that goes... I haven't done a workout since Tuesday but honestly I run my tail off in the caffeteria I work in for all those hours straight...I have to work another long day tomorrow, then again Saturday at 2 in the afternoon..I'll likely do a morning workout that day.. I miss it terribly !! Waaaa !!!!
                                You are all doing so amazing !!! I'm really proud of all your progress both with excercise and butting out the cigs too... Yahoooo !!!! Glad to hear you feel better MM..

Oh my gosh Judie, you poor hubby !!! What a scarry experience ??!!!!! I'm so sorry that happened. I hope and pray nothing like that happens again... that is just horrible for you.

Hey Vixta, I used to take 1 kudzu in the morning, then I'd take 1 or 2 around 1 in the afternoon..(I used to crave a drink when I got home from work at 3).... For me this did the trick... We are all so different as to when we crave etc... Maybe start a thread on the holistic healing section to get some more imput... I hope that I've helped you... Maybe log what you take and how it makes you feel so that you can fine tune what works for you. Your attitude is aces though I got to say
                                Thanks for the measurements of the treadmill... I'm gonna grab my tape measure !!!
                                Hugs and much love guys xxx
                                We Rock !!!!

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Working...
                                X