Anyone Looking for a Work-out Partner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Niblet, just read your post about your stiff back.....it always helps to get blood flowing to anything that is sore! The oxygen flow helps it to heal!!!! I'm not feeling too well today with my lower back.....so I'm gonna do treadmill this pm and then take a HOT bath!!!

Hubby and I had WAY too much Super Bowl fun, but have committed to 2 weeks of clean eating, exercise and limited "intake." We have a fancy fund-raiser to go to and neither one of us wants to try on nice clothes right now!!! Maybe in two weeks, we'll have lost a little water weight! HA!:H

Comment

Does playing pool count as exercising?:H
      Now that we have a pool table in the living room I've kind of incorporated that into my workout circut...in between the ab-lounge and elipticle I shoot a few balls here & there... I don't seem to be making much improvement with my aim... but once in a while I get lucky.(in other ways too..just not often enough!)

I have a T-shirt that says, "I still miss my EX,.. but my aim is getting better" it's got a "pistol toting cowgirl" on it.
      The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Haaa !!! Haaa !!!! Jude, that is so funny about your T-shirt !! Before long you will be a pool shark... and a fit one at that !!
        When do you leave for your trip Trixie ? You must be sooo excited !!
        USMgirl, yep I love to walk out a sore back...It really helps... You go girl !!! shed that water weight !!!
        I've not posted but I do my usual workout before work.. I don't find it boring because I watch TV. I may take today off because I have baking to do etc... Take Care everybody,
        WE ROCK !!!!

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Hey, ladies!

I'M BACK! Sorry for being AWOL, I have been sick and just feeling like emotional dog do-do. I have remained on my diet, remained AF, but haven't been exercising. I am still batteling a lung issue - OMG, it is never ending this year! But I am planning to hop back on the exercise wagon on Monday.

I have good news, though! I have lost 10 pounds since Jan 5th!! Yeah.. Clothes are fitting so much better - I feel great, and I am sure my exercise will be greatly improved by the loss...

I'll check in more ofter. You guys are a great inspiration..

Have a wonderful day...

Namaste,

MM
          Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Hey fitness buddies!!! I've been sore this week! Jumped in a little too hard, I'm afraid but should be able to do treadmill work tomorrow. I'm gonna try and go a little slower but longer...we'll see. I really want to get serious about my ab work. I think I'm gonna shop for a new DVD or something more challenging than my usual routine!

Hey Jude! Love the t-shirt hon! And hell yes! I think pool should be ruled in as a work-out! My hubby is an awfully GOOD player! But I never play with him! Maybe I should start!

Yall have a good one! I'm off to the Harley shop with hubby!

Comment

Good Day everybody
              I'm sorry that you have been sick MM... On the other hand congratulations on your 10 pound weightloss... You are doing soooo awesome !!!!

Yep, USMgirl, take it a little easier for a longer period of time and you will kick in all those fatburners...Listen to your body. Yesterday I did take the day off, but will do a complete workout, cardio, abs, bowflex today Onward !!!!

Jude, I just want to say that I'm so very sorry to hear about you and Scott having to bring one of your dogs to the animal shelter.. He will find a loving home that will have him as an only "child" I'm sure... Guys,,, Jude and Scotts' dogs got into another horrible fight which could have had either Jude or Scott possibly maimed for life.. they did the responsible thing as a pet owner... I feel your pain, and know that I would have done the exact thing as you in those circumstances. Know that I'm thinking of you and wish I could wrap my arms around you, and give you a hug xxx

Comment

Hello USMgirl and everybody else,
                I am in!! My first day of MWO is tomorrow, so is my workouts. Till about a year ago, I would run 5-6 miles a day, but motivation ran out and the wine went in. Dec. 07 came around, so did a couple of serios accidents. Will have to start by walking 1-2 miles, then get back to running. Can't wait to see how we all progress - great idea! This will keep me (us) motivated (and obligated). I want my bikini bod back, so I can truly enjoy summer.

Comment

Hi guys! It's like summer down here today!!! Man, I can't wait for a tan!!!
                  Did my treadmill this morning and kicked ass!! So much for taking it easy......I pushed hard. But took an ALEVE shortly after! HA! I have just GOT to get some weight off!!
                  Hubby and I are going to formal gala next week-end and I can't fit into anything!!! UGH!
                  'Went shopping today and nothing fit! I hate it!!!!
                  'Guess it's time to go girdle shopping!!! :H :H

Anyway, hope everyone has a great week-end!!! Oh Jude, sorry to hear about your pup. I know that must be hard...from one dog lover to another......I'm thinking about you! :l

Comment

Thanks you guys.:h
                    I wish I'd just spent the day on the elipticle & stayed off of the puter today.
                    Not a good day to be here...:upset:
                    Mean people REALLY SUCK.
                    Sure makes you appreciate the lovable ones all that much more though.:l
                    The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Count me in also... i try and walk 45min a day but what to ramp it up this week and do a couple of days at the gym and maybe include another day of a 45 min walk.

Looking forward to replacing booze with fitness.

Keep you posted - good luck with your golas this week
                      I am the author of my life.

Comment

A B I G Welcome Bjor and Hope !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        We are all so happy to have you join our group.

Oh Jude , Honey I hate that for you... How could anybody possibly add insult to injury !!???? You and Scott did the "ONLY" responsible thing you could do, and it is honestly tearing your hearts out as it is.... I'm soooo sorry you have to experience these narrow minded "people"... Take Care and Know I love you xxx

P. S.... Been faithfully doing my regular workouts, 5 or 6 days a week..
                        WE ROCK !!!!

Thinking of you Jude. xxx

Comment

Hi, Everyone,

I absolutely DO NOT WANT to be involved in workout partners. I used to run 5 miles/day and was really fit and fabulous. Today I am too creaky and old to do much more than type and eat.

I have great jaws and great hands.

However, I did need to jump in tell Judie, Please don't let what someone said about your decision hurt you. YOU DID THE RIGHT THING.

I love dogs. Absolutely. However, one must use their brains when dealing with them. If your babies were fighting so badly that we are talking injuries, one has to go. It is that simple. THAT SIMPLE. YOU DID THE RIGHT THING!!

I used to have two Great Pyrennes. BIG DOGS!! They were truly gentle giants but at first when we introduced the second there was a tense week while they determined "alpha/beta" and it was scary. If it had continued and neither had learned dominance, we would have taken back the "new" one. We were blessed because the 150 lb male finally decided he was submissive to the 120 lb female. :H

Some people simply do not understand dogs. They are not people, they are dogs and you must treat them as such. (Which means in many ways they are superior to us people...)

I would never keep a dog that was a danger to my other dogs or my family. Even if I totally loved that dog. (and believe me, I totally love any dog I get, or cat for that matter.. )

So, you guys go on and work out. I'll sit here and keep working my fingers and jaws. LOL

Judie, you did the right thing and you did it well. :l :l

Love,
                          Cindi
                          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Cindi , you always know EXACTLY what to say !!!! You are such a darlin'... xxx

Comment

Hello ??? Anybody wanna come out to play??? I didn't do my workout yesterday because I was sooooooo busy... I'll do it maybe later today or forsure tomorrow... Sometimes you need a day of two off... It does a body good to rest and relax a bit Ahhhh !!!!!!!

Comment

Where are you Bjor and Hope ??? How is your workouts going guys ?... I'm going to do a full workout today as I've had 2 days off and guys... It is a way of life and I MISS IT !!!
                                It does happen that excercise becomes just like brushing your teeth.... Honest... A goat would lie to ya !!! Come on guys !!!!! Lets do this darn thing together....
                                Even if you only do 10 minutes, I'd love to hear about it... share your feelings, your sore muscles, your ups and your downs... We Rock !!! XXX from the "Special Agent Spy Goat"... Haaa !!! Haaa !!! Tee eee!! Heeeeee !!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X