Anyone Looking for a Work-out Partner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey niblet. i like the treadmill as well. I usually go for about 30 mins 2 times a week.
    it really helps the metabolism like you said. it is such a great high too. I have heard it helps your organs re generate.

tonight I will walk a mile then stretch and swim for 25 mins. niblet you sound like a healthy one.

my diet has been a little off lately, maybe it's the cold. I am craving carbs and sugar like crazy.
    You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Niblet, you are absolutely awesome!! I've been reading threads I've missed lately and your home sounds just like paradise!!!! I've never shoveled "poop" before, but it sounds like it could be one hell of a work-out! :H
      We did end up getting a new Nordic Track! It's awesome! It has the adjustable cushioning on it for joint safety. I like that! Also, a ton of work-outs and the new "iFIT" programs. I love it! I have some "poundage" to lose before May....hubby and I have beach trip planned already. All those new bikinis I bought two years ago will be back out by then!!!! (I hope...)

Jude, I hope your hubby's hand is all better....that must have been terrible...to have your dogs fighting each other!!! I hope they are both ok! I think I'm WAY to over protective of my little Cooper. If anything were to happen to him.....I don't even want to think about it....I love being a "dog person" don't you??? :h

Keep up the good work, yall!!!!! I REALLY need the inspiration!!!!!! :H
      See yall later! :thumbs:

Comment

Hey you "Sweatie Betty's":H
        Did ya miss me?
        I'm just settling back in from my quik trip to Arizona. I ended up helping a friend drive a U-haul truck 12,000 mi cross country, full to the gills (including a pool table w/ 4 slabs weighing 175 lbs each!) Which we unloaded ourselves! Talk about a workout!
        It sounded like a fun roadtrip ... at first.
        We did have fun. But it was a LOT of work.

Glad to be home. Got back just in time to change & get my butt to work!
        Finally unpacked, and settling back in. That trip really kinda wiped me out... I think I actually wore down the "Durecell Bunny"

Starting to re-charge a bit now...

OK off to elipticle a bit...inkele:
        The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

yeah st jude is back.
          i will take today off. eating a salad for lunch no booze tonight

Comment

Hi guys !!!
            Welcome Back Jude !!!!! so good to have you back home !! Sounds like you're glad to be back too... That's right !!!! I forgot !! how IS your hubbys hand healing???

Trixie, thanks, I do believe in being aware of everything that goes into my body (except the alcohol which is much much less now) God only gave me one chance with this body and I want it to serve me well into my late late years hopefully.

USMgirl !!! congratulations on your purchase !!! My Nordic Track sounds like it might be the same as yours... It has the iFit Program too...with a built in fan directed at you... Although honestly I haven't used the ifit yet.. I've used one of the fatburning programs but I actually just like the incline at 4 and then I walk around 3.5- 3.7 miles perhour... very nice pace that gets the old heart rate right up there. I still use the eliptical for 8 minutes and then the recombent bike for 8 minutes too. They aren't collecting dust... Haa !! Haa !!
            Yep, scooping horse stalls everyday helps my arms and back I think. I hardly notice it atall as I've done it most of my life. More than anything I find working out in the barn relaxing... my little peaceful place to be This morning I walked on the treadmill in my jammies for 8 minutes instead of 5.. It is a really nice way to wake up,,, smelling coffee wafting up the stairs.

Trixie, enjoy your delicious salad sans alcohol Sweetie !! Tonight hubby and I had venison, toss salad (fat-free dressing), seafood salad (fat-free sourcream & light miracle whip dressing) diet blackcurrent pop by Presidents' choice (no-name) Yummmm !!!
            Tomorrow I have to work at 7 in the morning because we have a staff luncheon to cater to at the highschool... It is exam week so the kids are home but the teachers are all there..
            Take Care and Keep on Keepin On !!!!!
            WE ROCK !!!!!!!

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Hey Yall!!! The treadmill is awesome! Niblet, I haven't tried to iFIT yet either. I think I better go week or so just doing some light run/walk intervals at small incline and slow speed...then I may be ready to crank it up!!!! I felt really good on it this morning! Went 42min and then did abs.....(I know they are in there somewhere!) :H
              I'm trying to stay positive while I'm working out and not JUST thinking about how much weight I've gained! YUCK!!! Hey! It's the first day of a new month!!! Anything is possible!

Love to you all from the south!:h

Comment

I'm back(hanging my head).

After being a slug for the past 2 weeks and not doing much exercise I am feeling like crap! I gained back 2lbs(yea, half of the big 4lbs I lost so far this year, LOL). I was pretty disgusted trying on clothes at the store yesterday.

I need to keep doing this and make it a habit. I wish that it was warmer outside and I could walk the dog. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical after work today and it felt great.
                Marcie

Comment

HEY MARCIE'S BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Wooooooo Hoooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  2 pounds, heck I can shit that after a good strong cup of coffee !!! :H
                  Don't look at the scale Hon,,, work on changing that sluggish metabolism and eat healthy without leaving any food groups out... Eat whole grain bread instead of white, brown rice instead of white, and get in the all important water. You'll do just awesome and be fitting into those lovely clothes in no time !!! Chin Up:h Slow and steady.

Right on USMgirl !!! :goodjob:
                  I'm not a jogger atall because it kills my back and then I'm laid up for about 4 days with a bad back... I do enjoy walking super fast though... I usually walk between 3.5- 3.7 miles per hour with a #4 incline. I have a heart rate monitor and my heartrate stays right around 135-140 ... What do you like to use for incline or speed? Maybe with you jogging though you might just leave it level?
                  Today I did my usual workout, 7 minutes on the eliptical, 7 minutes on the recombent bike, 20 minutes on the treadmill, 80 various ab crunches, bowflex for my legs and arms., plus scooping out the barn.
                  It would sure be nice to get some new recruits eh guys ???
                  We Rock !!!

Comment

ps, I have short legs, so maybe 3.7 miles an hour is slow for you... haa !! haaa !!!

Comment

Niblet, I usually go 4 - 4.5 mph on the elliptical without any incline. I've done incline a couple times so I don't have a problem doing that. I figured once I got in the habit of using the elliptical then I would change up the routine some.

My MIL bought our recumbent bike a couple years ago. She just told me that it is uncomfortable for her and she was going to sell it. Well I am going to get it back from her and use that as well.
                      Marcie

Comment

Right ON Marcie !!! I really love the recombent bike !!! You are doing really well, Keep up the good work

This morning I woke up with a super D duper stiff back ... arggg !!!!
                        So, I put on a show and hopped right on the treadmill in my jammies for 9 minutes while my coffee was being made.. My back now feels awesome !!! Today for laughs and giggles I put on the step counter that I got out of a special k cereal box. It doesn't take long to rack up the steps... I already have 2332 steps logged and I haven't even done my "real" workout yet.. I've only had that 9 minute walk and then did my barnchores... I'm just curious to see what a typical day in steps is for me. Have an awesome day everybody !!
                        WE ROCK !!!!

Comment

Geez I thought I'd posted down here yesterday...
                          But I sure don't see it.
                          Our puter's been doing some strange things lately...
                          I've been getting back into my routine here. Bouncing on & off of the elipticle through out the day, doing 100 jack-knifes on the ab-lounge, a bit of time here & there on the stair master...and I sit on an exercise ball while I'm at the puter so I do a bit of bouncing combined with side to side, and semi-ab crunches while posting...(Hubby's convinced I'm REALLY NUTS! ):H

The cafe is closed for a couple of weeks for a bit of a re-model, so I'm not getting my walking excercise in there. But hopefully the weather will be cooperative & I'll be able to do some beach walking/hiking.

Tally-Ho!
                          :l

PS Niblet, Hubby's hands are fine (MIGHTY FINE! That's why I married him! LOL) thanks for asking!
                          The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Haaaa !!! Jude, I'm glad to hear that your hubbys hands are still able to "take care of business" You are so wise to fit in excercise throughout your day.. I wish we lived close by eachother because I LOVE walking and hiking !!! We could have a real Hoot .
                            Yesterday I did my usual workout before work so today I'm taking the day off... Although I will be going to work which is a ton of walking. Likely though tonight when I find something on the TV, I'll hear the treadmill calling to me after barn chores. I'll most likely go for a nice walk then... I'll stop by and post if I do. It is soooo sunny out today. Really lifts the spirits... No pun intended.. teee !!heee!!!
                            So my friends, enjoy your Tuesday and we'll get together again soon
                            WE ROCK !!!!

Comment

ps, that day I wore the step counter I logged 10 810 steps, and that was a day I didn't work !!! It doesn't take much to walk the recommended 10 000 steps atall.

Comment

i have just been walking a lot and preparing for my trip. will return rejuvenated.'

Comment

Working...
                                X