Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ready to quit smoking? or Have you already Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LVT, when I drank, I smoked like a chimney. I chained smoked actually. I KNOW that if I were to have a drink, I would be smoking again. Beer and wine - I smoked double what I usually do. It seemed to go hand in hand.

So, I think your minimal smoking that day is nothing to sweat over at all!

A lot of it is mental. I completely agree. I also don't think you will resume smoking regularly as I believe your mindset says otherwise.

Comment

I'm late getting to this party Mimi - sorry! Don't worry about the slip. You have a desire like non I've seen!! That ciggie went up in smoke and you won't be tempted with those big mitties on!! Love to you
      Liv:l
      AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

hi everyone how is u all? sry i havent been around ive been ill and also been bz.

i have now cut down the level in my patches im the next step which is 14mg patch, ive been fine, i think i had fleeting thought about missing a cig but really ive been doing not to bad. here is my stats.

I have been quit for 1 Month, 1 Week, 5 Days, 15 hours, 2 minutes and 37 seconds (43 days). I have saved ?431.90 by not smoking 1,745 cigarettes. I have saved 6 Days, 1 hour and 25 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 28/04/2008 00:00

Comment

There you are barebones!! I was a little worried about you--but no fears--looks like you're doing great! I have been super busy too, gone for a week, now trying to catch up around hone among other commitments! I had a pretty big f-up 10 days ago--drunk and smoked--but decided to give up the sauce for a long while--just can't control myself in social settings yet!
          Later!
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

I am still here too! Been super busy being back at work, with kids; you know, life in general.

Still not smoking or drinking. I don't have exact numbers, (probably a good thing!) I am guessing around 2ish months now or getting darn close to it! My lungs are horrid though. Almost like bronchitis - but we have had so much rain and cold temps here, that I am thinking it is from that. Loosening up the crud. You should see the shit I hack up in the shower in the morning! (It's God awful - I sound like an old man who has been smoking for years! :H )

So happy we all are plugging along! Keep up the good work guys!

Comment

Yup me too still trucking along nicely. Coming up to 2.5 months NF now and similar for AL - have had the odd drink here and there but nothing to write home about. Without the double whammy of the nicotine I have very little desire fo alcohol - what a bonus!
              Long may it last. Thank the lawd for champix - only wish I had found it sooner - like about 10 years ago!
              BH (no more)

Comment

Boozehag--you are my hero! Amongst others of course! Congrats on all your accomplishments so far. I thought I was doing so great, that it seemed to be so easy for me. But just because I don't drink every day, does not mean I do not have a problem!!

:thanks:
                The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

I just want to shout out a WAY TO GO on all the cig busting going on!! Congrats to everyone! It smells so good doesn't it!!!

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Ah thanks living free.
                    Yes it does smell great. I got into a lift the other day with someone who had obviously just been outside the building having a ciggy and I had to hold my breath until he got out. It was disgusting. I dont think we smokers quite realise how bad it actually smells to non smokers. We just smell the smoke on our hands etc and even if you eat a mint or chew gum I dont think we get the whole body odour thing that non smokers get from us. Uuughh
                    BH

Comment

Gotta agree with that one! Stinky things! I get an instant headache if I'm in the same building when someone is smoking! No wonder people didn't want to be around me!!:H

Nebraska is going smoke free next year--before I would have been pissed, now I'm glad!

Comment

I would love to quit smoking. I wonder if it is a good idea to do it at the same time as the AF?? Today is only my day 2 AF. But I haven't had a cigarette for 2 days either. Maybe I can do both. Just dont want to be a total B*&CH while trying to quit. If I can I will do it this way, but if not maybe I will try the Chantix. Sounds like it works pretty well. I dont smoke during the day (usually) but as one of the other posters said, I make up for it the minute I am not at work! especially if I start drinking, and lets face it, I was always drinking after work! Cigarette smoke, the smell, the after taste, waking up in the morning still smelling and tasting cigarettes just disgusts me. Seriously, but I still do it (or did). I just turned 40 and for me a lot of this is motivated by my mortality. I want to stay here on this planet with my children and their children as long as I can. I dont want to think I might only have 40 more years, or less....I want to be here loving my family as long as I can. I have two grandsons that I want to see grow up.

Ok, this is too long, sorry.
                        :heart:Hope, Faith and Love are just some of the things he gave us.:heart:

Comment

jb---

For me the smokes and the beer were totally linked. If you have time, go to the top of this thread and read our stories and maybe some helpful advice!

I still have trouble giving in to the cigs when i drink. So I'm abstaining rather than moderating in June.

:welcome:

Comment

hi ya al again, sry for not being around alot just now, just been bz yet again.

here is my stats

I have been quit for 1 Month, 2 Weeks, 3 Days, 18 hours, 10 minutes and 6 seconds (48 days). I have saved ?482.69 by not smoking 1,950 cigarettes. I have saved 6 Days, 18 hours and 30 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 28/04/2008 00:00

116 days AF i think hmm i have to recount i think.

hope everyone is fine, and good going everyone. keep safe, will come and drop in again soon.

Comment

Just wanted to stop by and say that you guys ROCK !!!!!!!! Woooo !!!! Hoooooo !!!!!!!!!!
                              As a teenager I smoked for five years,.. not much I know, but it was sooooo hard to quit !!! Give yourselves a big old pat on the back !!!! xxx

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Barebones - that is awesome. I quit Nov. 28, 2007 and would love to run the stats! Where do you get your calculations? Did you figure them yourself or is there a website? Thanks and way to go on quitting the smokes! It was the hurdle I needed to jump before I quit drinking and it works! No smokes, No drinks ... you HAVE to form new things to do - like get on MWO and post!!!!!!!!!!!:H

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Working...
                                X