Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ready to quit smoking? or Have you already Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Liv, just a note really quick--go to quitnet.com. I'm not sure if you can put in past dates or not, but that is where I get my stats. Even though I'm not sure what they are right now!!
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

hi everyone! hope everyone is doing good, hi living, here is website where i got my stats from. Quit Meter - Quit Keeper 1.08 - Tracking your statistics as you quit smoking - Home

where i am now with the smoking, i am on the 7mg patch and it will be my last week coming on monday, i still have the inhaler handy for just incase, but i havent used it for while now. so i think im ready after next week to come off patches and go it alone, i feel positive about this, so lets see.

so here is my stats update
      I have been quit for 1 Month, 3 Weeks, 2 Days, 21 hours, 38 minutes and 30 seconds (54 days). I have saved ?543.52 by not smoking 2,196 cigarettes. I have saved 1 Week and 15 hours of my life. My Quit Date: 28/04/2008 00:00

also coming up end of next week or few days after is that i will be 4 months AF going onto 5 months,

anyway ladies, will catch up with u all again soon, keep up the good work and take it easy. xx

Comment

Hi guys!!

Well, it's been 3 weeks since I've had a drink or a cigarette. Do you think there's a connection??:H

I never crave one without craving the other!! I hope that urege goes away. When I get time, I'm going to do my hypnosis tapes again!!

I'm still saying I quit smoking March 1st, even though I've had a couple of slips!!

Hope you all are well and enjoying life! :h
        The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Hey everyone, I would like to join in today is my quit day. I have attempted to quit for the last
          20 years, never the right time, or I will quit after (whatever ). Hypnosis, herbs, gum, patch, lozenge,
          chantix. Chantix actually helped me quit for 3 months despite all the side effects that I experienced.
          This time I am using Allen Carr's The Easy Way to Stop Smoking.

This time feels different. I am not longing or thinking I will be missing anything this time.
          In the past with both Al and CIGS I was just not ready to part as I would think I could not
          have fun if I didn't smoke or drink. I am ready and the book makes it easier. However
          everyone keep in mind that is day 1 NF talking. Day 12 AF

Biscuit

Comment

Hi biscuit--thanks for joining us! I too used Allen Carr's book among others. If you start at the top of this thread there are some good posts. If you ever need encouragement you can always pm me.

Comment

hello biscuit and welcome
              yup LVT I agree the two vices are so connected. I realise now how lucky I was that I had the dual addictions totally entwined never smoked without a drink and never drank without a smoke - in my case at least it seems if one addiction goes so does the other. Those cravings I used to get which I thought were for alcohol I think now were for nicotine but alcohol was my nicotene delivery system. I have had a drinks or two on various occasion in the past month but without the nicotine fuelling the whole shebag there is no urge to binge drink. I can never see myself smoking again and if things keep going the way they are that means I will not go crazy on the drink either. How freak out lucky is that.
              Hope you find its the same for you biscuit that without the nicotine there isnt as much desire for the AL.
              BH (no more)

Comment

I pledged N.O.P.E. (Not One Puff Ever) July 24, 2006

Hello everyone!
                Just wanted to congratulate everyone that has decided to quit smoking...this is one of the best decisions you could make for your health! :goodjob:
                Today I am celebrating 23 months smoke-free, so thankful that I chose to quit & stay quit. The first year was truly a life-transforming experience & gave me the strength & determination to attempt new goals. Which I did...2 days after my 1 year quit smoking milestone, I quit drinking, and now I'm quickly approaching the 1 year mark on that too.
                Just remember, everything we do, whether good or bad... is a building block to what we will add on to next. Choose well.
                Have a great smoke-free day!
                AF 6 years
                NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

Thanks, guys for the encouraging words and inspiration!!

Comment

lvt25 and boozehag, thanks for the welcome. I intend to go and read every post in this thread.
                    Wow Fallen Angel that is really impressive. Did you find one harder to quit than the other?

Biscuit
                    13 days AF
                    2 Days NF

Comment

Hi all! I am still AF/SF. Lost count of days..... been about 2.5 months now. I am starting to think the whole quitting smoking thing with the AF is what is making me so tired lately. It is just a hunch. I never felt this lethargic the last good stint with just AF. Funny though how it only hit me two weeks ago. Who knows. My blood work is all good.

Anyway, it looks like everyone is doing GRRRRRREAT!!!

Keep it up! Our health and wellbeing is so worth it!!!

Welcome biscuit! Nice to have you here!

Comment

I STILL get pretty tired. Seems like after I eat my lunch I get veeeerrryyy Sleeeepy! I have laid down for a couple of naps and woke up 2 hours later! I guess i feel like my body must need it, so why fight it? Hubby must never find out, however!!!

Comment

LVT25;352329 wrote: I STILL get pretty tired. Seems like after I eat my lunch I get veeeerrryyy Sleeeepy! I have laid down for a couple of naps and woke up 2 hours later! I guess i feel like my body must need it, so why fight it? Hubby must never find out, however!!!
                          I am thinking the ol' bod is trying to heal from two horrible addictions. I need to be more patient with myself. I HATE feeling tired and lazy though. IT is so unlike me. But I guess it is par for the course. Glad to know I am not alone.

Comment

hi ya ladies and biscuit, i hope u are all well and well done at sticking at it.

here is my stats so far.

126 DAYS AF

I have been quit for 1 Month, 3 Weeks, 6 Days, 6 hours, 27 minutes and 33 seconds (58 days). I have saved ?576.86 by not smoking 2,330 cigarettes. I have saved 1 Week, 1 Day, 2 hours and 10 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 28/04/2008 00:00

good luck to everyone, see u soon xx

Comment

Hey barebones those are some great stats you are sporting. LOL I am 2 weeks AF tomorrow (June 25)
                              and 3 days tomorrow NF. I had just leveled out my sleeping with melatonin and some sleepy
                              time tea and now without Nicotine it seems I am back to no sleep, sporadic sleep, the other thing
                              is I actually felt jittery tonight. hmmm I have never tried to quit without some sort of aid so
                              everything is new as far as ciggies. Talk to u later!

Biscuit

Comment

quit date of 6/22 for no smoking and AF since 6/11. I am doing good and still lurking and
                                reading.

Biscuit

Comment

Working...
                                X