Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am on a mission! Who wants to join me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bbbridget & sheri-I weighed over 50 more pounds when moving to OR in 2001 than I do now. What got me started losing weight was a kidney failure in 2005 !! Couldn't keep food down! Kept ignoring the symptoms since I wanted to lose weight anyway. Lost over 20 pounds by the time I was out of the hospital. Luckily I didn't have to go on dialysis or anything. Shortly after I got home we got a treadmill and I used it, practically every day. Lost another 30 pounds through exercise and more careful eating and (lately) cutting back booze since then. For some reason the topiramate had the opposite effect on me than on others. The best formula I have found is the one the doctor's preach (and I am not a big fan of doctors and their needles!!), eat right and the right foods, exercise regularly, and (this is mine) don't get hit by a truck crossing the highway!

It's hard for me not to want to be perfect. That's the way I am. I hate the lines of getting older (I'll be 60 this year), I don't want to look like those ladies I see in the market that look like they're 60 although they're really probably 50 or 55. Can't predict the year when I'll stop coloring my hair but it won't be anytime soon!

We all want to feel and look good, right? Part of feeling good is not being zonked half the time. 2009 for me was such a waste (a lot of it anyway). 2010 and the end of 2009 has begun a whole lot better. Not perfect -- I stumble sometimes, but I don't stay down there for days like I used to.

Sorry for the long post. We can all achieve our goals. I am confident. Maybe not today, or tomorrow, but one of these days. :h

Comment

Yes--I'm seeing a big difference without the extra calories from my whiskey!
      :h getting better every day

Comment

I'm still in search of a WW meeting.
        I wasn't overly inspired by the group leader I met today. And as a matter of fact the previous 2 times I attended WW was at another group which I found equally uninspiring. I really do think it would make all the difference to have a dynamic leader.
        Anyway, I'll press on. There are other groups.
        And there's always the online gig.
        How did everyone get on today ?
        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Nowt today here, Bridge, but did actually eat for a change! Seriously, just getting back on track after the weekend stomach bug.

Back to the gym and Cody the Personal Trainer tomorrow. Will catch you up then.

First BIG goal for me is 18th June as I am going back to Pomland. Last time I went I was 80 kgs and I want to be under that this time. I should be as I am 81.5 kgs today. But it would be nice to be noticeably under 80 kgs.

I was going to open the case with my size 14 (AUS / UK) clothes at 80 kgs but I have decided to delay until a couple of weeks before my holiday so I can have a try on / pack day at once.

Spam xx

Quick note :

2.2 lbs = 1 Kgs
          UK / Aus Size 14 = US Size 10
          2.54 cms = 1 inch

Comment

Spam-Thanks for the conversion info. It's easily available online but half the time I'm to lazy to even search it! You seem to be doing great. What is Pomland? It's not an Aussie province or something is it? I googled it and didn't get much.

I made a great casserole roasted pork roast with au gratin potatoes yesterday for dinner. Ate too much and paid for with with a restless night, up and down to the "loo." It's just the 2 of us (husband and me) so I am really eating light today. Did my treadmill this morning and will the rest of the week unless something comes up. Anyway the pork roast & potatoes will probably last the rest of the week if I don't make a pig of myself. Spouse can eat twice as much and not effect him as much. It's not fair!!! Have a great evening / day or whatever part of the day it is in whatever part of the world you are in. :-)

Comment

I have a great accountability partner........my adorable cocker spaniel! Since we have started walking nightly she has gotten in the habit of staring at me at the "time"........it's impossible NOT to walk.

On another note........ran into my former boss.......she notes that I am looking GREAT!

Comment

Hi All,

Swede - I'm English but live in Australia. Out here, English people are called "Poms" or "Pommies" so Pomland is my silly term for England.

Did my mini triathlon this morning - 500m on the rowing machine, 2 km on the bike and 1 km run / walk. My time 2 weeks ago was 19 mins 25 secs. Today was 17 mins 30 secs. Aiming for 15 mins next time. If I can run the whole of the 1 km, I can smash that time.

Spam xx

Comment

spam get yourself doing some interval training thats a good goal rowing machine 100m sprint/30 second rest........100m sprint/30 second rest and so so for about 10 reps if you think you are harder enough lol. Every session add a rep, you can do this in a circuit to Treadmill walk for 1 min @ 5.5kmh then @ an increased speed for 1 min @ 11kmh do around 10 mins adding to as you wish.
                  Don't Let The Bastards Grind You Down - Eat Them Alive

1 - 2 - 3

Comment

Yeah..our personal trainer's back.

On the treadmill, I tend to do 1 min walk 5.5 kph / 1 min 9 kph for 8 reps. I am trying to do this couch to 5 km running programme but keep injuring things.

I've got a really good PT and we are going to step up the intervals soon...in 1.5 kgs time...

*bites nails in anticipation*

Comment

I use to be able to lift 2 x 30kg dumbells on the dumbell press, not sure what im going to be able to do now. People dont realise how much it screws you up when they make a stupid decision on the road.
                      Don't Let The Bastards Grind You Down - Eat Them Alive

1 - 2 - 3

Comment

Yeah, I know. I used to be slim and physically fit when I was in the TA.... now look at me.

If you're going for the fitness again yourself, just start small and work up. It's done wonders for my overall mood.

Comment

Welcome back Flip!

Comment

Curves 3X this week and I walked 5 times this week also. I'm starting to see some difference!

Comment

Look at you lot. You're all going so well.
                              Well, my weekend away is officially over.
                              I had a great time, but there was loads of walking, which would have been SO much more pleasant had I been in shape.
                              So it's off to the WW meeting this week, leopard skin or no leopard skin. And time to start that exercise programme.
                              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

bridget--it wasn't pretty for me in the start. a walk around the block was murder for me. we all have to start somewhere! good for you for getting to a meeting--leopard skin or not!

:goodjob:

Comment

Working...
                                X