Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am on a mission! Who wants to join me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh and another tip, always weigh in on the same scales as all scales are different and can give you in accurate results.
    Don't Let The Bastards Grind You Down - Eat Them Alive

1 - 2 - 3

Comment

spuddleduck;824316 wrote: hmm... does getting my dvd plugged in so i can watch my pilates vid count. i suppose not, but its a start x
      Suppose thats one squat

1 - 2 - 3

Comment

I bought 32 Lean Cuisines today and I'm going to the gym tonight! I haven't been since last Fall! I may only walk not very far, but I'm still going!

Comment

I just had a walk for 1/2 hour, doctors orders(1/2hr walking every day). Cant really do anything else until the doctor gives the all clear

1 - 2 - 3

Comment

so we have some squats, some walking, and some healthy food choices. good job friends!

i'm headed out to Curves in a bit--seems that i have some topa dopa going on, so i hope i get there! also going to clean some house. if you haven't already--take a look at flip top's post that has the link on turning housework into a workout.

:h getting better every day

Comment

Well, I have the best intentions to finish work this arvo and take the dog and my 5 yr old for a walk..,am cutting down my portions too.....trying to reduce the carbs, a I am a big carb girl *sigh*
              My Mum & sister are trying to loose weight too...so that helps. Been having alot of salads too...
              Want to do the houeswork workout too and maybe some yoga on the Wii..wish me luck!!!!
              Well done everyone.

Chook

Comment

the bellinator;824462 wrote: so we have some squats, some walking, and some healthy food choices. good job friends!

i'm headed out to Curves in a bit--seems that i have some topa dopa going on, so i hope i get there! also going to clean some house. if you haven't already--take a look at flip top's post that has the link on turning housework into a workout.

Topa dopa? Uh oh...really? I'm not feeling any of that.

Good for you going to curves! I will look at flip flops post now!

Comment

Hi All,

Nothing on the excercise list for me today. I took a "natural" sleep aid at 9.30 pm last night and 12 hours later dragged myself out of bed.

I'll get some of that housework thing going on this morning.

Tomorrow, my son has cricket, so I will drop him off at the ground and run for 3 kms or walk for 5. Depends on how I feel in the morning.

Also, son wants to go Ice Skating this weekend. I said he had to finish all of his homework first and he has a plan to start it straight after school today.

The good news is that the weight seems to be dropping off without the AL.

Catch up soon,

Spam

Comment

Friends.......rate our thread please. I think our thread is awesome and it has help me stay focused.

:h getting better every day

Comment

Hi All, I'm a CPA and the client's were in a lull there for a bit. But this week has turned out to be great. Several continuing clients have called for appointments and I got 2 new clients this week. Yay!. I am just a sole proprietor with a home office basically just working tax season but it's nice money during the season. Anyway, with a backup of client work, I try to get in at least a small workout in most days. Today, for example, I cut my treadmill time in half and deferred my crossword puzzle time to the evening. My husband is retired (except for his NEVER ENDING BOAT PROJECT -- I'LL TALK ABOUT THAT ANOTHER DAY!!!!!) I'm not AF, but not drinking every day. And when I do drink it's usually one cocktail, on occasion, maybe 2. Compare that to drinking all night. I listen to the tapes every day. Even more than suggested. I really find the subliminal tape calming and good background noise when I work. Sometimes when I listen to the hypnotic or clearing tapes I fall asleep. I hope some of the info filters through! My spouse has been supportive through this. I didn't tell him at first. Not sure why. For some reason I was afraid or ashamed. Anyway, now everything is out in the open. Much better. Out in the open between the 2 of us. We won't share with anyone else until we see if I have ultimate success or not. He has several relatives with a dependency problem.

So if I skip out for a day or 2 it's not because you're not in my thoughts, it's because it's because I'm up to my ears in tax returns!!

Keep moving and keep on truckin........ I may be pushin 60 but in my mind I'm not even 40!

Comment

Well I did get to my walk yesterday,daughter on her bike and me with the over-eagre dog,so it was a brisk walk..not as long as I like,but oh well, better than nothing!
                        Today I take the two wee chicks to swimming lessons, and while they are both otherwise engaged, I jump in and do about 20 minutes of laps or hydro-type stuff!!!
                        Why is it that on nights when I don't drink Ie: last night, i wake up feeling extra tired and struggle to get out of bed. I keep trying to take the dog for a walk in the morning about 5:30am before the girls are up, but this morning I could not raise my head? Does anyone else feel extra tired when they are AF?
                        Yesterday was my 'takeaway'night, which consequently means I usually continue to treat myself into the evening......but last night I managed to eat some low fat pretzels!!!(despite the fact that hubby was chowing on chocolates). So there are some positives there.
                        How is everyone else travelling?
                        Chook

Comment

Hmmm,maybe i just answered my own question? Do you think the late night snacking on carbs would make me sluggish in the am?
                          Chook

Comment

ChickenNumber3;825049 wrote: Hmmm,maybe i just answered my own question? Do you think the late night snacking on carbs would make me sluggish in the am?
                            Chook
                            Yup, I sure do, not that I am any expert. I would think a protein snack (like a hard boiled egg or piece of turkey) might not leave you feeling sluggish. Carbs can have that effect, at least on me.

Comment

Well all, I am going to report in on the eating aspect of things. I am happy to say that this Topamax is really working. I ate half of my lunch today and am not even hungry and it's dinner time. At this rate, I should drop the lbs. Now all I have to do is to motivate myself to work out! I think as the lbs come off, that will be easier.

I've belonged to Weight Watchers before. I know in Weight Watchers they don't give you the "Get Moving" brochure until week 3 or so. So I'm giving myself permission to be gentle with myself and not move (too much) until week 3 or so. I've lost maybe 5 lbs so far (not nearly enough for the wine I have foregone IMHO) but if I take another week or two I should hit 8 or 10. Once I hit 10 I will notice it and have more energy to move.

I'm finding just not drinking to be a huge challenge, in and of itself. I know several people say it gets easier as time goes on, and this is true in a way, but in a way it's not true for me. So I am just going to settle for not drinking and really cutting down on my food intake for now. Baby steps, baby steps.

AD

Comment

Busy, Busy day here. Will catch up properly later.

Went for a 5km (3 mile) walk this morning. It's the route I used to do from my old house. Son was playing cricket in the area so it was a good opportunity to get moving.

I forgot aout all the hills though! Luckily, I was on my way by 8.30 am so got back to the cricket ground before it started getting really hot.

Spam xx

Comment

Working...
                                X