Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am on a mission! Who wants to join me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My choice of workout is the gym, mainly free weights and a small amount of cardio as I normally cycle quite a bit. Itching to get back down to the gym but due to neck injury I cant :-( So annoying as it was one way I found to boost my confidence
    Don't Let The Bastards Grind You Down - Eat Them Alive

1 - 2 - 3

Comment

I totally hear you about self-confidence. I'm still huge, but after exercising one month I feel so much better about myself. I'm stronger physically and mentally. LOVE IT! :thumbs:
      :h getting better every day

Comment

the bellinator;822835 wrote: I totally hear you about self-confidence. I'm still huge, but after exercising one month I feel so much better about myself. I'm stronger physically and mentally. LOVE IT! :thumbs:
        Going through a compensation claim for my accident at the moment and they seem to be neglecting facts that effect everyday life like low self esteem. Excersise was my one way of feeling good grrrrrr

1 - 2 - 3

Comment

Little celebration here.......

I only lost .6 of a pound over the last month, but I lost nearly 8 inches overall! So--even if your scale is not moving as you are working out, don't give up! The scale is only one measure. Keep moving!

Comment

im not quite with you guys yet but ill be joining you soon. i used to love exercise... almost compulsively, but have become quite a couch booze potato. got my exercise bike out the other day and 5 minutes on easy make my so huffty puffty. so i think ill get on the exercise buzz soon. the AF is going well and im mixing my tobacco with a herbal menthol mix so before long ill be here running alongside you x
            Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
            Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Yay duck! I'm finding that I feel stronger all around when I get my exercise in. Looking forward to you joining us.

:welcome:

Comment

GO Duck! I am sure you will be riding that bike like you are in the Tour De France in no time.

The good the bad and the ugly on my progress. OK, the AF is going really well. I lost about 4 pounds in the last 10 days. I am sure I would have lost more, but (and here is the ugly). I have been so darned constipated after stopping drinking, and I am drinking gallons of water, so that isn't it. What the HECK! I am wondering if it is the Kudzu or the Amino Acids......Feel really good though. I am off to walk to wieners, maybe it will make me want to go too.
                I used to love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food :heart:

Comment

the bellinator;823380 wrote: Yay duck! I'm finding that I feel stronger all around when I get my exercise in. Looking forward to you joining us.

:welcome:

Have you ever heard of H I I T?
                  It can be hard but very rewarding.

Interval Training: Training for Fitness, Fat Loss and Performance

I love this type of training really pumps you up.

Ps I havent forgotten about pm ing you just looking after GF as she is off work with sickness at the moment.

1 - 2 - 3

Comment

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I am going to just SCREAM!

I now weigh MORE than when I stopped drinking. I really think it's the meds I am on. I need them for the depression but this weight is making me depressed!!!

That's it, no more than 1200 calories a day and I'm counting. It's the only way I'll know for sure. I can always go off the meds and back onto Wellbutrin I guess.

Comment

Just got back from the gym. First session in a week.

My lovely PT got me doing boxing and intervals on the spin bike and the treadmill. It is hard at the time but you feel great afterwards.

Hi Flip Top - I'm originally from Kent.

AD - Try not to worry about any weight gain just yet. Hard to say, I know, but I think we all need to focus on being AF as out first priority. Good Luck with your 1200 cals. xx

Spam

Comment

AD - I am with you on the frustration. I lost 3 pounds and now NOTHING. I am wondering if your 1200 calories might be a little on the aggressive side of dieting. You don't want to start going nutty over starving yourself when you first job is to stay AF. I wish you the best of luck with it if you go for it.
                        I am taking consolation in the fact that I feel so much better even if I am not losing much.
                        I used to love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food :heart:

Comment

Spam and Boodle thanks.

I went and bought Lean Cuisines today. So far I've had 940 calories today and I'm not hungry. The Topamax is working. My therapist says I need discipline like YOU have Spam in your above post!

Truth is I just don't feel like exercising but I guess I will go to the gym soon, even if it's only for five minutes. I'll trick myself into going.

Anyway, hope you two and all in this thread are doing well on your fitness goals!

AD

Comment

Flip Top;823583 wrote: Have you ever heard of H I I T?
                            It can be hard but very rewarding.

Interval Training: Training for Fitness, Fat Loss and Performance

I love this type of training really pumps you up.

Ps I havent forgotten about pm ing you just looking after GF as she is off work with sickness at the moment.
                            Dude!! You know something about everything! Thanks so much for the info. I'm going to try some of it--brutal or not!

Comment

Hi all,

I lost a day in here somewhere, but now I lost 4.4 lbs in two days. This is crazy! But I'm not complaining. I'm still not getting where I think I should be considering I have given up 12 days of 1100 calories per day of wine (whatever that is in lbs), but at least I now think I know where I went wrong.

I'm going on a Lean Cuisine diet! I need to know exactly how many calories I am eating. Ok, so I am a bit behind all of you with respect to getting on this wagon and making things happen! But I still will!

Thanks for all the great tips in this thread!

AD

Comment

hmm... does getting my dvd plugged in so i can watch my pilates vid count. i suppose not, but its a start x
                                Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                                Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Working...
                                X