Wt loss Exercise Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wt loss Exercise Thread

Hello people. I am joining in too. I only have about 8 pounds to lose but I cant get rid of them!!!!
    I have decided to do more exercises in the mornings amnd hope that some pounds will eventuelly drop off.
    I do taebo by Billy Blanks. He is great!
    Be strong-
    We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
    Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

bratty57;984905 wrote: HI FLUFF ! !

Good to see you join us. Ahhh, i admire runners. I just cant seem to get motivated to run. Knees dont like it, and being a bit big chested.. they have a tendancy to come back up and smack me...lol.. guess i need a good sports bra !
      If you are really interested in running/jogging Bratty, you could use an old trick that others including busty me.......wrap your girls up in 4" wide elastic bandage, criss/cross and then around, then put your sports bra over the top....and voila...no more bounce!!!! Saves heaps on expensive bras that dont really work. Just a thought.
      I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

Great to see so many of us onboard!!!!! Today, I start the day with a massage (i am doing it), that will take care of upper body work as it is quite strenuous. Followed by a run 1/2 hour and about 20minutes of core exercises on my fitball. My dog will probably insist on an afternoon walk...well see if I have anything left in the tank by then. Diet on track...am sticking to around 1800 cals per day...I use up around 700cals in exercise per day, so dont want to go into deprivation mode and stop fat burning by having too little, which is always a risk. Have a fabulous day today...keep on moving, Saffyxx:happy::alf::banana::yougo::racer:
        I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

Thanks Sapphire,
          I might have to try that out.

I try not to go too low on my calories , either. Some people surprise me on how they think they should eat and lose. Proudly announcing they hadnt had anything all day but a piece of toast or something. I know the starvation thing dont work, your body will start tryin to hang on to the fat to save you...lol..
          YOU CREATE YOUR OWN REALITY

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

Alrighty ! Today i rode my bike 7 miles.. rolled over the 300 mark for the summer. Not too great, but at least i am exercising now consistantly.. I also walked 1 mile ! !
            Fighting th FIGHT !
            oh ! I almost forgot.. i lost one pound last night..that makes 9..25 to go. Gosh that seems like a long road, but i know i can get there. Think of all the calories i am doing without not drinking ! !

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

Hmmm, well during lunch break today I did about a half hours walk, then tonight after work and before tea I did about half-hour of sword practice! So there's about an hour...but I did succumbed to my hubby's most excellent seafood pizza...*sigh*...so um, just indid everything I've done for the last week..but oh well, atleast I'm keeping it regular and consistent too. Have no idea what kind of calories I'm burning though????? No weight in tonight cause I know it would be depressing, will wait for a good day

See you all tommorrow
              Chook

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

Trying to keep it mostly low-carbs-although still put sugar in my one cup of coffee in the a.m.
                Had poached eggs on one piece of toast- for breakfast-
                Going to the track to do 3 miles, right now- Just not going to weigh myself till tomorrow- I figure on day 3 of no alcohol-your body starts to lose the weight or bloat- and I've been drinking a lot of blueberry and cherry tea-which seems to be somewhat of a diuretic.
                For lunch-having salad with turkey, tomato, greek olives and some mozzarella cheese( balls)-
                dinner- Pork roast with some veggie and maybe mashed potatoes...
                Chook -seafood pizza- YUM!
                Bratty- mixing it up is good -too !
                It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

rebirth;984958 wrote: Hello people. I am joining in too. I only have about 8 pounds to lose but I cant get rid of them!!!!
                  I have decided to do more exercises in the mornings amnd hope that some pounds will eventuelly drop off.
                  I do taebo by Billy Blanks. He is great!
                  Hi REBIRTH !

Welcome ! I love Billy Blanks. He sure works your butt off ! I cant hang too long with him. lol

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

Nothing like jogging 3 miles with the crisp fall air in your lungs- I feel great! A natural high!
                    Better than booze, any day!
                    Rebirth- I saw you were here- I'll have to try Billy Blanks, too- I've heard so much about his workouts-
                    It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

Today .. Wednesday, October 20,

I rode my bike 5 1/2 miles, walked 1 mile and did weights/abs for 25 minutes..

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

Fluff - his dvd is great! Try Taebo energise. My wobbly arms are less wobbly after two weeks!
                        I always work out in the morning because i was told that you loss more fat if you exercise before breakfast
                        Be strong-
                        We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

How much more weight do you have to lose bratty57?
                          Be strong-

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

I just ate a whole pack of shortbreads. tut tut. No wonder I cant lose weight!
                            Be strong-

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

rebirth;985839 wrote: How much more weight do you have to lose bratty57?
                              I want to lose 25 more pounds. It is slowing down now though. It gets frustrating after the first pounds. I have lost 9 since i quit drinking two weeks ago. I am trying to gain as much muscle as i can in my legs so i can go on longer bike tours.

I am tryin to remind myself that muscle weighs more than fat. I just have to hang in there and the pounds and inches will drop off. I have done it before, so i know i can do it again.

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

bratty57;985923 wrote: I want to lose 25 more pounds. It is slowing down now though. It gets frustrating after the first pounds. I have lost 9 since i quit drinking two weeks ago. I am trying to gain as much muscle as i can in my legs so i can go on longer bike tours.

I am tryin to remind myself that muscle weighs more than fat. I just have to hang in there and the pounds and inches will drop off. I have done it before, so i know i can do it again.
                                Hello Bratty, Rebirth and others to come today,

Bratty are you doing weight training to gain muscle in your legs? If not, then youmight like to add weighted squats to your program. Calf raises and half dead lifts for the hamstring muscles. A regime of 3 sets of 15-20 for each exercise 2 x week is a good start. I'm off for a run - aiming to do 8kms today am and then weight training this afternoon for approx 30mins. Weight loss to date is 2kg (4.5lbs)...I'm happy with that and dont expect it to be a regular loss. Have a good day everyone. Love Saffy

Comment

Working...
                                X