Wt loss Exercise Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wt loss Exercise Thread

fluff;986404 wrote: Hey Bratty-super! Nothing like losing a pound overnight...Do you know what also helps with weight loss is a good night's sleep? I think it has something to do with your cortizone levels-
    I know some people here have trouble with that-
    Anyway- about to run out to the track to do my 3 miles- maybe I'll push that to 3.5...
    Oh- yeah- today I must weigh myself- but I'll do that after I run-have a super day!
    Oh- Chickn'- sword fighting sounds cool-btw-
    Hi Sunny and Sapp!
    Hi Fluff, are you running or riding your bike? I am aiming to up my running to 12km 3 x week, I expect it will take me about six months to get up to this safely (I am no spring chicken:upset I used to run marathons back in my younger days but thats not healthy long term IMO. Have a great day, Saffx
    I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

ChickenNumber3;986251 wrote: Another unplanned 45 mins of sword fighting today.....and no alcohol,which was tempting,so glad I did not give in or give up.
      Chook
      Hi Chook,
      Swordfighting sounds like so much fun, it would take a lot of focus and good footwork. I would like to do something like that, but I dont think there is anything like that around where I live. Good on you with the no alcohol.......you rock:goodjob:
      I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

rebirth;985916 wrote: I just ate a whole pack of shortbreads. tut tut. No wonder I cant lose weight!
        Never mind Rebirth, today is another day so pull up your big girls pants and start again:H I jcant have biscuits etc. in the house because I would do the same thing.....once I start on the sugar, thats it....a binge....same thing with alcohol.....so for me its best not to have either in the house.

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

rebirth;985838 wrote: Fluff - his dvd is great! Try Taebo energise. My wobbly arms are less wobbly after two weeks!
          I always work out in the morning because i was told that you loss more fat if you exercise before breakfast
          I teach a version of Tae BO...I call it cardio-box...fantastic workout and great for fat loss...keep at it Rebirth...you can do it!!!!!

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

sapphire1;986587 wrote: Yep Bratty, ideally unless the weights are really light, such a 1-2.5kg handweights you should give yourself adequate recovery time. p.s. conversion - 2.2lb - 5.5lbs. YOu are doing an amazing job with your weight loss...you rock:goodjob:
            Thanks SAPPHIRE,

So does that mean that i can do lighter weights daily? Would that hurt anything? I get a bit obsessed with exercise once i get started..lol
            YOU CREATE YOUR OWN REALITY

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

Yes Bratty, with my clients, I get them to do some weight training everyday to speed up metabolism, burn more fat etc. If you train with light weights, mix up the exercises...its called 'Body Confusion" try to do them in a different sequence every day. You need a lot more recovery time when you train for strength and hypertrophy(muscle growth) using much heavier weights. As for the obsession part, never stop listening to your body, otherwise you risk injury, burnout etc. Rest when you need to rest.

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

I've lost 35+ pounds in 4 months and seem to be maintaining my muscle mass.

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

No weight loss last nite.. frustrated. I guess i dont need to weigh every day. grrrrrrr !
                  Sapphire,
                  Thanks so much for the info. I want to do all i can do to get into shape !

Wow, Sunny,
                  that is fantastic losing over 35 pounds ! WAY TO GO ! !
                  YOU CREATE YOUR OWN REALITY

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

Haven't weighed in yet, will do so on Monday I think.

Takeaway night tonight for me and the wee chicks, and no exercise today.....but otherwise feeling good! Will try to do something tomorrow..not sure what? Am figuring my weightloss shall have to be a slow. gradual thing. But I am building muscle, I know that

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

Hi work-out warriors! Sap- I am jogging-so did 3 miles yesterday
                      Stepped on the scale with both eyes shut and slowly opened them till I could sort of see the the number on the scale- and it's better than I thought- so I feel pretty positive now!
                      Am going to try for 3.5 miles today-
                      Wow- Sunny- 35 lbs- I am jealous!
                      Bratty- yeah-if you're at a plateau with the weight- don't weigh yourself so much-try once a week- at least you're exercising everyday-so that's a good thing.
                      Chickn'-Weight loss should be slow-if you're building muscle-sounding good!
                      Rebirth-I am running out to Walmart for some exercise videos, today- I'll see if they have Billy Blanks.
                      Have a great Friday-everyone!
                      It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

Fluff, When did you start your exercise and diet plan? I have put in daily workouts of about 500 calories every day for the past 4 months and eating very well. It isn't so much what I do on any one day but the over all commitment and follow through that seems to make the biggest difference. In past i always got tired of the diet after a few weeks. Pushing through that this time has been my biggest help. good luck. Go for the BEST of everything. You deserve it. I am now taking better care of myself than I ever have. Success in quitting the drink is spilling over into other areas of my life. Hope is good!
                        Sun

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

Re plateaus. they are bummers. I stayed at same weight for about 2 weeks while still doing very consistently on exercise and diet. Finally it budged and showed the work and patience were effective. Again define success as meeting your exercise and diet goals and not by the number on the scale!
                          S

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

Sunny- I have been doing low- carb since Tuesday- and have always been doing the track-the thing that keeps the weight on is the drinking- then I stop drinking for a couple weeks lose weight and start drinking again- I'm like a yo-yo-
                            It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

reading back I am seeing people getting a bit hung up with what the scale says. As sunny says do not define success simply by what the the number is on the scale. Narrowing it down to numbers is setting yourself up for disappointment and also dismisses the many other fantastic benefits that a healthy life is giving you. For many of us weight loss might be the main motivator, but that is only part of the whole picture. Consider what we are doing in wholistic terms: Cardiovascular Health; Bone Density and the prevention of osteoporosis; Hormonal regularity; Emotional wellbeing; Strength and flexility; Stamina - the ability to perform our day to day activities with plenty of zest and some left over; Longevity...and the list goes on and on.........Also consider that as we lose fat and gain muscle, at times this wont be indicated on the scale and unless you have some way of measuring this such as a bio-impedance machine, then you;ll have to go on whats in front of you when you look in the mirror. Notice small changes, like the development of more muscle tone and the way that you stand up straighter, move more easily, can lift things with confidence etc. You might also notice more spring in your step and an increase in confidence. Notice a deepening respect and healthy relationship with your body, this fantastic machine that is our temple for life. If you want a more subjective measure of 'WAIST LOSS' take body measurements weekly or try on some clothing that doesnt quite do up and aim to get it to fit. Over the years I have seen people totally discouraged because they didnt understand the difference between WEIGHT LOSS AND WAIST LOSS....assuming the scales were the pinnacle of their success. Dont become a victim of over-zealous reliance on numbers and keep the big picture in mind. Love Saffx

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

ChickenNumber3;987131 wrote: Haven't weighed in yet, will do so on Monday I think.

Takeaway night tonight for me and the wee chicks, and no exercise today.....but otherwise feeling good! Will try to do something tomorrow..not sure what? Am figuring my weightloss shall have to be a slow. gradual thing. But I am building muscle, I know that
                                Slow and steady wins the race, fast and frenzied and you fall flat on your face....sorry about the corny rhyme Chickybabe, but ya get my drift:H

Comment

Working...
                                X