Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF July, No Junk, Lots of Exercise

Hi Pinksters, old & new!
    Am so excited to be here. Am Day 9 this time & although have thoughts of going mod in July- I know I aim better off aiming high & shooting for the stars.
    Loving reading all of your goals. Mine are-
    -stick to my marathon training program- 3x 3mile runs, 1x 4mile run, 2x cross training & strength. 1x rest
    SJ xxx :groupluv:

'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit.' Aristotle

Comment

I prematurely posted that last one. I agree Mia- this is going to be the best month.
      My goals continued-
      -eat Clean & lean Diet- 14 day program started yesterday the 1st of July. I would love to lose 10 pounds this month. My weight is 166 so I have a long way to go.

'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit.' Aristotle

Comment

Hi Pinkies!

July 1:

Clean Eats: Day 1 sugar free complete. Ate too much other stuff though.
        Steps: 21,187 (need 8,813 today to make Fri/Sat goal)
        Strength Training: None - need to do something today to make Fri/Sat goal

The steps today will be no problem. I need to just get out a workout DVD and get the strength part over with.

Afternoon is my bugaboo time for over eating. I need a plan!!!! Does anyone else share this challenge, and what is your strategy?

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

July 1:

1320 calories consumed ( none of it junk!!)
          45 min. cardio, crunches and pushups

I wanted to do an hour workout but it took me forever to set up the wii so I'll have to make up some time tonight.
          I like having a written plan. It's making it alot easier to follow. Almost forgot my supplements till I checked my calendar.

Blues
          AF since 06/27/2011

Of all vices, drinking in the most imcompatible with greatness. Sir Walter Scott

Comment

Hey Blues. You just motivated me to make SURE I get my no junk eating plan 100% today. Is your wii new? I've heard they are fun and have sort of been wanting one. Tell me all about it!

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi Pinksters.........count me in. This sounds like such a fun group and you gals are doing amazing! My goal this month is going to be exercising (cardio and strenght) 5 days per week and trying to each more fruits and veggies. I also need to drink at least 8 glasses of water, which is a challenge for me for some reason.

This is only Day No. 2 AF for me........I'm hoping to make 30 and then keep going!

Comment

DG- We've had our wii for awhile, but I've just started using it as a workout tool. They've really improved the workout games since it first came out. I've only done the dance based games but they definately get your heart rate up and I definately break sweat. The the thing I really like about the Wii is everyone will play it regardless of age. Also, if you have a Wii you can get Netflix for $8 a month and download a tone of exercise videos so i never get bored or stuck with a DVD I don't like. Wii Fit has a board with it to do yoga, strength training etc. It weighs you, tracks your progress etc. The best part of the wii is that you feel more like you're playing a game then exercising. All the games track your points so you can see if you're getting better. I think it was a good investment and well worth having. My favorite game so far is Just Dance 2. It's not a workout game, but it has a "sweat" mode" that really gets you moving. I did dance workout last night because I was running out of time. I'll let you know how wii zumba goes tonight.
                Hope evryone's having a HotPink sober Saturday.
                xxx Blues
                AF since 06/27/2011

Of all vices, drinking in the most imcompatible with greatness. Sir Walter Scott

Comment

wow, I am so excited about having so many of us in the same boat - making a difference.
                  This will be my 11th day AF. I cant remember ever having go for so long.
                  Yesterday I did a singing exam (only grade 3) my teacher phoned and told me to crack open the champagne as I got a distinction with 90%, I opened the fizzy water and boy do I feel fantastic this morning. Diet going well. I had a couple of spoons of rice last night with my chicken salad and am a bit disappointed to have put 1lb back on, but hey its still a 6lb loss in 5 days so all good.
                  Need to properly sort out my exercise goals. We can all do this. Go us Pinksters, we rock!!

Comment

Hi PINKSTERS! Sunday afternoon here just got home from work it was a shitty day! So I am in a little bit of a bad mood. But I have the next few days of so that will cheer me up a bit. Normally I would be on my second glass of wine now but we do not solve our shitty days with poison.

So onwards and upwards I say! :H

I have to buy some weighing scales to urge me on so I can see some progress. I cannot stop eating little bits of dark chocolate

Doggygirl love your new AVATAR go the PINKSTERS!! I have been trying to upload a picture of my new HOT PINK running shoes but it will not work. I will keep trying.

So Monday tomorrow. I am off for a run and I will try not to eat so much sugar. Baby Steps I keep saying to myself I would rather eat some sugar then drink poison! Little bits at a time cannot give everything up all at once!

Lets all stay sober and happy!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :l

Comment

Good Morning Pinksters (or should I say almost afternoon). I had some Skinny Cow ice cream last night and no wine......I feel good today. It's Sunday and hot and humid although sunny so I won't get a run in today...maybe a bike ride later. Tomorrow morning, I may try to run early before it gets too hot. I think a litlle bit of sugar is definately better thank drinking the wine! My addiction in the evenings is Mentos!

Comment

Hey Pinksters,
                        I just opened a bag of 'Pink Lady' apples- very yummy. Reminded me to come here & report in.
                        Well done Mia on not drinking wine after your rotten day. Enjoy your days off. I have had a bit of a dark chocolate addiction for a while- but have stopped that now as I keep eating too much of it. I need to totally stay off sugar for a while so I can make some progress with the weight. I know we have to be careful not to deprive ourselves too much- but I need to get my treats from savory thing like salted nuts & non-food things. Sugar really is poison for me. I can tell the difference with both alcohol & sugar- if I have either my blood pressure goes up. If I have lots of alcohol & sugar over a couple of weeks then it can take weeks to get it back to normal. I have had hypertension for nearly 10 years, since I was 36 when my youngest was 1. Just after she was born I got septic from a strep throat which got into my blood & caused lots of problems. Luckily my kidneys & heart weren't damaged only my blood pressure.
                        I am just reading a book called 'The Diving Bell & the Butterfly'- it is about a man who had a big stroke when he was 45- it is a very powerful book & is reminding me how precious our bodies and our health are.
                        Had a great 4 mile run this morning- after being out late at my book club last night & resisting all 10 offers for 'just a little drop' of wine. There is no way I would be up to date with my marathon training schedule if I was drinking wine.
                        Off to the beach now with the kids. Hope you are all having a fab Sunday.

Comment

Hello Pink Pals! Lots of good insights here in your posts. I tend to think in an "all or nothing" way. I suppose that's OK for some things (and the "nothing" way is totally good for AL, and for sugar too in my world!). But sometimes those extremes aren't really good for me. When it comes to eating healthy in general, and getting more exercise in general, I can try to do "all" (i.e. be some notion I have of "perfect"). Then if I can't be perfect, then I want to sit on the sofa and eat chocolatesnickersicecreamoreos. This is better than the days where I sat on the sofa and drank as much of the finest wine in a box that money could buy. And vodka. (not usually in the same glass at the same time, thank goodness!) BUT - balance where appropriate, is something I'm still struggling with.

I'm also trying to learn to make a long story short but am not succeeding! Anyway...

My point to all this is I think there is value in appreciating a progression on the way to a healthier fitter lifestyle. Making better choices this week than I did last week. Improving some little something - one thing at a time rather than trying to go for the whole enchillada at one time, and failing, and then giving up.

So...with all that in mind, I am going to applaud myself for making my exercise goals that I set out for the last two days..

Goal: 30,000 Steps and 1 Strength activity
                          Actual: 32,782 Steps and a "Belly, Butt and Thighs" workout DVD

On the "no junk" front, I did not fare as well. But today is a new day, and also the start of a new week. I did NOT want to go to weight watchers this morning. When it's going to be good, I love to go weigh in. Then I want to hide and avoid when it's bad news. What I have figured out though, is that running and hiding just prolongs a bad streak. The best way to get it turned around quickly is to go face the music, turn the page and move on. So that's what I am trying to do. So far so good today. (but late afternoon is my witching hour for food!)

Hope you other pinkles are all having a fun and fit day!

DG
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Good Morning Pink Ladies. It's so nice to start my day here and read how well everyone is doing.

Glam- Fantastic news about you singing test!! I bet you coukldn't have done that with a hangover.

I did pretty well yesterday
                            calories consumed 1100 (I meant to eat more, but I literally did not have time to eat)
                            60 minutes cardio and toning
                            1 cookie 2 hersheys kisses- vast impovement over bag of kisses or carton of cookies!!

So, overall well pleased with myself. Off to squeeze in a mini workout before work.
                            Blues
                            AF since 06/27/2011

Comment

Good Morning PINKSTERS! Great sleep that is one thing I have been doing well since being sober is sleeping I am having the best nights sleeps!

SARAH JANE, very intresting about what you said about the high blood pressure. The last two times I have been to the doctor I have had high blood pressure and I have never had that before. I am going to the doctor this morning to find out my blood test results yikes hope the liver is ok. But it will be good to see about my blood pressure again maybe it is the sugar?

Anyway on go the PINK HOT running shoes I will check in later as I have the day off. xxx

Comment

Hello Pinksters! I am hungover like you would not believe BUT I am back! So glad to see you all here again. As today will be day1 again, I wont be excercising but the intention is there. I will get myself back on track today and motivated.
                                I reckon 4th of July is a great Day 1!
                                IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                                Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Working...
                                X