AF July, No Junk, Lots of Exercise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Miss O and Sarahjane. Very early hours of morning here. Still up and wide-eyed after leaving friends home. Had I been 'on the tear' I'm sure I'd have passed out by now so I don't mind that I am still up; takes a while to wind down. Will still feel better tomorrow!
    Had a really good night. Opening of my cousins new bar. A really good band playing and good craic.
    Here in N.Ireland tonight is called Black Eye Friday and normally a lot of bother in pubs and that but thankfully all seems very quiet........
    I can't believe how quiet the Pinksters are today - everyone must be knackered with all the good changes in their lives - hope so
    Sarahjane I think we are day 6 today; read your post and thought 'NO! Don't take one away from me!' That should put you in a good mood......
    Here's to bed for me. It's 4am and daylight is peeping through. Catch you all laters........
    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Good morning Pinksters. Thanks for your encouragement not only with AF but also my teen challenge.
      Think you are right SJ - I need to switch my focus on being AF, not starving myself and feeling deprived.
      In the past I have survived on little more than black coffee - and didn't count the cals from AL - I mean lots of AL's are skinny as hell aren't they?
      Haven't seen any dark choc covered rice cakes SJ, will have to investigate. I also need to up my exercise - at the moment all my energy is going into my holistic therapies and 15 year old! Very happy to report my 3rd successive Friday evening AF, Day 17 AF. Go on hols on Friday and had said I would be AF till then. Not sure what I will do yet on holiday, but not really thinking too much about it or worrying about it!! HAve a great weekend.
      Galm

Comment

Hi Pinksters
        Sorry Daisy we are Day 6! Didn't mean to rob a day, especially on the weekend!
        Am just checking in from work- is SO good to feel so well
        On a Saturday. Went for a fab 4 mile run this morning
        and will do the same tomorrow. Am realising how busy my life
        has become & am working on cutting back a bit. Stress has contributed to being
        unhealthy & it has to go! Am getting clearer every day on how I want
        To spend my time. But now I must eat my yummy chicken, betterbean, avocado & raw
        veg salad & get back to work.
        Would the missing Pinksters please check in, you know who you are!
        SJ xxx :groupluv:

'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit.' Aristotle

Comment

Hey Sarahjane, Glam and Miss O; What's going on? Where is everyone?
          Back to pool today and done 64 lengths - that's a mile. Really enjoyed it and felt good during and after. I should sleep tonight. I love to get back to the exercise routine.
          I am also trying to cut down on the cigarettes at the moment - I have to if I want to get back to the cycling properly. Doing an 80km cycle early September so I will have something to aim for.
          My dream has always been to do a Marathon SJ so I have that in my head as well. Started running last year but only a couple of weeks into it I broke my leg. All good now so as we clock up AF days I intend to add a little bit more exercise......watch this space!
          Hope the rest of you Pinksters are doing well. Summer holidays with kids out of school could be why it's so quiet here. Hope to hear from you all soon. Catch ye' laters.....

Comment

I'm still here Pinksters. I came back from vacation and went straight back to work. Managed to squeeze in 40 minutes of strength training yesterday, but overslept today and didn't do anything. Still AF, but had a little cheat with sugar. 4 cookies today. I really don't feel that great when I don't make my workouts. Rededicating myself to my plan on Monday. I'll catch up with the thread on Monday. I've missed the pinksters!
            Blues
            AF since 06/27/2011

Of all vices, drinking in the most imcompatible with greatness. Sir Walter Scott

Comment

IM still here on DAY 45 AF today BUt in a bad mood! It is Sunday over here 4.00 in the afternoon so I am missing AL! You think you have beaten the monster but it is still always there just around the bloody corner AHHHHH! I know I wont give in to it thought the MOTH## FUC####!!! I feel like smashing something I better stop typing because I am getting angry at my keyboard. x

Comment

One more thing I just walked out into the loungeroom wondering where my boyfriend had gone and there he was outside reading the paper almost hiding.. I said sorry and had a cry and just said you think you have it beaten and then it just comes and bites you on the bum when you least expect it. And he said "That he has to deal with it to meaning me".... and he is right. Poor man. Sometimes we think we are the only ones suffering???? Thanks PINKSTERS xxxxx

Comment

Blues and Mia; great to hear from you both. Mia, you are doing great - better that you have a shitty day and beat it - always adding muscle to help you fight the next one. You letting us know this also helps us prepare for what is ahead. :thanks: and hope it gets easier.
                  Blues, I know what you mean about not feeling right if you don't get the exercise in. After my drinking splurge last week it's taken me all of this week to get my motivation back. Once I got my big swim in yesterday I felt like myself again. Glad you are still AF - we will do it this time!
                  Spoke to an old school friend last night. She lives in Canada and coming home for a week in August. Told her about my wanting to do a Marathon 'some day' before I'm 50 - got 4 years! haha.
                  She set me a challenge to do a 10k run with her next month so better get myself in training. I cycle, I swim but can I can hardly run round the garden so have work to do!! Big time.
                  7 days AF today! Feeeeling good. Sarahjane? looking forward to hearing from you today Independence girl.

Comment

Lost my last post so have copied the one I wrote in Newbies Nest as I have too much else to do!-
                    Feel things are different now- like I am getting it. Am feeling so good & positive now- think I like myself better now. Or maybe it is about self respect. I went for a lovely run this morning through the West Cork countryside & was running past the beach on my way home- decided to throw myself into the ocean for my first swim of the summer. It was so cold but so good. My dog was very happy to have a swimming buddy. My family thought I was mad when I arrived home in my wet running gear & we all had a good laugh. Sunday mornings a few weeks ago were very different- feeling so sluggish after a bottle of red the night before, wondering if I said anything stupid, feeling so tired because I wouldn't have slept properly, - spending all day trying to convince myself that I didn't feel that bad & hoping the kids wouldn't ask to do anything too energetic- basically wanting the day to be over. Then doing it all again that night.

Hope you are all having a great Sunday.

'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit.' Aristotle

Comment

Daisy- a 10k is a great start. A year & a half ago I couldn't run at all. But everyone can run as long as you put in the training. Start with walking for 5 minites & running for 1, then repeat. I find music helps. And a good stretch before & after. I love having a goal to work towards- it gets me out of the door when I am not in the mood. You can do it- go girl!
                      Hi Mia- sorry you are having a rotten day. You will be so proud of yourself tomorrow. I am so proud of you today.
                      Welcome home Blues, hope you get back to your exercise soon. A few cookies wont kill you nearly as fast as AL would!
                      Tips where are you?
                      Glam you are doing great & hope you are looking forward to your holiday.
                      Everyone else- hope you are having a fab AF Sunday.
                      Must fly, visitors on the way. Must put on the kettle. x

Comment

Good morning Pinksters,

Mia, how are you doing sweetheart? Are you sure you are missing AL, or could it be PMS? I remember last month you had a similar feeling. Could it be that time of the month coming up? I had it really bad my whole life and didn't realize it. I had only 2 weeks per month that were good. It was really horrible. Call me crazy but dark chocolate works for me.

I know I haven't been posting a lot lately, I've been really busy with work, and that is actually a good thing.
                        I started exercising again and felt better the very next day. Now I'm trying to build up to where I was before I started detoxing. It's taken a long time for me to detox, now I need to get my weight back to where it was. Need to lose 15 lbs. Going to see an old boyfriend of mine this month. Though about not going because of my weight, but f**k him if he doesn't like me. I like me better now.
                        SJ, Miss O, Daisy, Blues hi, sounds like everyone is doing well.
                        My new kayak came on Friday and it is absolutely gorgeous!!!! I can't wait to get on the water.
                        Wish me luck on the weight loss, it's really got me in a bad mood. Any suggestions would really help. I'm on Weight Watchers, but it's online and there are no coaches.
                        Have a great day everyone. Today is my day 50!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        THOUGHTS become THINGS
                        choose the GOOD
                        ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

Hi everyone. Just a quick check-in as I'm heading out to dinner in an hour.
                          So happy to see everyone back - was getting a little lonely round here.
                          Normally have an exercise free day on a Sunday but with my friends challenge of a 10k I figured I better get my ass in gear - went for a 2 mile fast walk. That'll do for starters then Sarahjane I'm going to take your advice and work my way into the running. My 16yr old daughter has offered to do it with me so that should be good.
                          Barbara good to hear from you - are you a salad lover? I find keeping a prepared salad in the fridge is always good. You can eat when you're peckish or fill up on before your meal.
                          Persevere; the weight will come off as long as you keep up the exercise. The more exercise you do, it really does become less of an effort.....
                          5 years ago I was 4 stone heavier than I am now and I concentrated more on the exercise than diet and thankfully haven't looked back.
                          Easier said than done, I know, but wish you all the best.
                          Will check in later Pinksters!

Comment

Doggy Girl-where did you go?
                            AF since 06/27/2011

Of all vices, drinking in the most imcompatible with greatness. Sir Walter Scott

Comment

BARB HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :h

What a special day for you 50!!!!! I hope you have a special day filled with love!!!

You are right about PMS just had a look in my diary. I get sooo cranky these days. I am just about to turn 48 I will be glad to see the end of them!!! But no signs they are about to leave

I will Check in later.

50 cheers for BARB HIP HIP HIP HIP HORRAY!!!!!!! :H xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 50 KISSES for you BARB! :l

Comment

I just wanted to say Hi and that I love this thread! I drank a bottle of Pinot Grigio last night and felt sluggish today but you guys inspire me, so I'm getting back up, dusting myself off and giving it a go again!

Mia - you are my hero, even if you are having a bad day! You absolutely rock!

Barb - Just wanted to say Happy Birthday.

SJ - I loved your post about going swimming....absolutely inspiring. I bet it felt so good to feel so alive. I hate that feeling of going through a bottle and feeling sluggish the next day for almost the whole day.

I did notice that caffeine seems to be a trigger for me.....live if I have coffee around 3:00 or something...not sure what that is all about and wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

Comment

Working...
                                X