Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF July, No Junk, Lots of Exercise

Thank you everybody!!!!! urgirl:

It's not my Birthday, it's my day 50 AF !!!
    THOUGHTS become THINGS
    choose the GOOD
    ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

Barbara, HAPPY BIG 50 DAYS AF! [just edited this after I read your post]
      Winesucks, great to have you back on board!
      Had a great night out tonight. Lovely meal then a brilliant singer in the lounge bar. Expected to be home by 9 but stayed out till 11. Really starting to enjoy my AF nights out.
      Find the more AF days I have behind me, my confidence is growing and am now able to chat to people when I'm out. Always used alcohol as a crutch before and it's good to know it was really what has been holding me back all these years......
      Been a great weekend all round and even better now that most of the Pinksters have 'come home'! Good stuff! Nightie night and chat to you tomorrow.
      IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
      Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Thanks Daisy....I agree, socializing is getting easier. Saying I don't drink is comfortable now. I do still have some hard customers to face in a trip to Prescott this month. Wish me luck. Ugh. When will this just be behind me forever????
        THOUGHTS become THINGS
        choose the GOOD
        ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

Happy 50 days!!! Woo-hooo. Yay!!!
          AF since 06/27/2011

Of all vices, drinking in the most imcompatible with greatness. Sir Walter Scott

Comment

Ops BARB oh well here is another 50 kisses for your 50 DAYS AF! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ! I am right behind you BARB on 46. DAY 47 tomorrow that is my age.

Comment

Pinksters Rock!

Hi Pinksters,
              Barbara- 50 days is amazing. I am heading your way!
              Mia- excellent work on getting through a tough day. 47 days- wow!
              Daisy- we are Day 8 today. I am delighted you are enjoying social nights AF, I have a huge party next weekend so will need lots of encouragement to keep going. Am feeling so good now- never want to feel that horrible sluggish feeling from AL again.
              Blues- how are you doing after your holiday!
              WS- great you are back with us- you will do it.
              Glam- how are you doing after another weekend AF?
              Tips- come back & check in- we miss you.
              Everyone else- hope you are doing great. I wouldn't be where I am now without you all.
              I went back & read my first post here & it was a chilling reminder of how much AL was affecting my life negatively. This is my 3rd AF attempt & I am very happy to be here.
              In the past I used to obsess about how I could live AF, go to certain events without drinking or look forward to a holiday AF. Now I can't stop thinking about how good life is AF, can't believe that I thought I was being deprived without it. But I am well aware that I could wake up tomorrow &
              the little voices could be back telling all the reasons that 1 wont hurt & that I wasn't a big drinker anyway so I can have some as a treat.
              But today I feel great & today I am not going to drink. Have a fantastic day everyone, will check back later. x :h
              SJ xxx :groupluv:

'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit.' Aristotle

Comment

:yougo::yougo:CONGRATULATIONS BARBARA ON 50 DAYS AF!!!:yougo::yougo:

I have been resisting coming here to report my suckitude lately at my eating and exercise goals. But I'm so glad I finally popped in to see that yesterday was such a special day for you! GREAT JOB!!!!!

Last week I achieved my 100,000+ Steps goal!!!!! Had a few steps to spare.

I totally lost it on the eating front. Today is a new day.

I got only 1 out of 3 for strength training sessions last week.

Sigh.

My goals for this week are the same as last week. I am on track with the steps again and today is on track so far for eating healthy. My aim is to get the rest of this week right!

Hope everyone is doing well!

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hey Ladies....hope everyone is doing well.
                  Barbara - sorry for thinking it was your BD....50 Days AF is AWESOME!

I went to the gym this morning and had so much energy at work today but I'm really tired now. I had the fight with the little voices in my head telling me that it's only one glass of wine (which for me turnis into the whole bottle) and I was able to come home and get on the site so Day 2 accomplished. I think this should get easier with time.

I have to go out tomorrow night after work with some co-workers to celebrate closing a big deal. I don't want to drink so I'm trying to think of a good alternate to AL....the others will be drinking, I'm sure. I hate to have to go being this early in the game. Any suggetions on some good drinks that are AF and not loaded with sugar?

Comment

WineSucks - this WILL get easier. I promise. The key is to stick to your guns and not get caught up in the Day 1 over and over and over and over cycle. That just prolongs any agony.

I like sparkling water either with a bit of fruit (lemon / lime / orange) or with a bit of juice (cranberry is one I like). That is nothing fancy, but AF and that's what I prefer.

Strategies I use when going to boozy events:

EAT before I go. I am less likely to crave AL if my tummy is full.
                    Arrive late if possible, and (as you are doing) decide in advance what I will be drinking.
                    Have an early exit strategy.
                    EAT EAT EAT if cravings abound. Until I can leave and that is the best thing to do if the situation is difficult for you.

My sobriety comes first. I may be putzing around with my diet and exercise goals right now, but there is just no way my sobriety will ever be anything but #1 in my life. That is so I can HAVE a good life!

OK - I'm going to get in another 1500 steps before winding it down for the day!

DG
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Thanks DG...I needed that! Especially the part about the Day 1 cycles over and over again.....it's so defeating! I think i'll go with club soda and cranberry juice!

Comment

Good morning Pinksters,
                        what a great bunch you are. Just been marveling at the posts.
                        Barb - fantastic on 50 days AF
                        brilliant all of you on your exercise goals.
                        I am now on day 20 AF and think I am now addicted to sparkling water!!!! Not doing too well on the exercise front but my work as a sports & holistic therapist is fairly physical. Am pleased to report though that my weight is gradually but slowly coming off. 11lbs lighter than a couple of months ago.
                        Daisy - stone weight loss, how fantastic is that? I would love to lose 2 stones. I know for me just the thought of reporting back here on my AF achievements makes me think twice about having AL
                        even though on Saturday the voices were shouting very, very loudly to me to succumb.
                        SJ I can just picture you running into that ocean. What a liberating feeling that must have been.
                        I think you are all fantastic and you cannot know how helpful you all are to me in my personal journey.
                        Just downloading the Ailsa Frank CD to my ipod, got my copy of Clean and Lean yesterday and whilst away on holiday for the next two weeks will be planning my exercise schedule.
                        Better go and wake the rest of the house.
                        Feeling inspired and motivated. Thank you all so very, very much
                        glam
                        x

Comment

sorry Daisy, that should read FOUR stone weight loss for you - how flippin fantastic is that???
                          x

Comment

Hi All:
                            DG I agree, I have been caught up in the day one cycle after doing 25 days AF in June. Day 2 and going for more. It is certainly better than it was but I have a long way to go. I have a stressful week ahead so trying to stay AF and do my exercise. Going Hiking in the morning to de-stress. Hubby and I have been having mega trouble and we have to go to his therapist so he can disclose his indiscressions to me. I don't think I am going to like this. Anyway the councillor wants me to see her the next day. Hoping I can get through this AF. It will be very hard and is probably why I am struggling with this thing looming. Congrats Barbara on your 50 days. Winesucks, keep up the good work. One day at a time and one hour at a time.
                            Don't worry, be happy!

Comment

Day 9 & Doing Fine!

Hi Pinksters,
                              R4L it sounds like you are having a tough time. We are all here for you so make sure you check in regularly. :l Some things in life we can't control- like other peoples behaviour. Some things we can, like what we chose to eat & drink. Ask yourself what is going to help you most at the moment. AL usually isn't the answer. Stay strong and take good care of yourself- you deserve to be fit & healthy.
                              Glam- Day 20 is fantastic- you must be so pleased. You will have the best holiday with your lovely clean liver! :h I will be delighted to get to 20 days.
                              Daisy we are Day 9- double digits tomorrow! I always start to question the AF thing after 2 weeks- convince myself that I can mod but know that is not ideal. Was feeling so strong about it but am having doubts now. Will have to have a bit of a talk to myself! Your 4 stone weight loss is amazing.
                              DG your support here is awesome. What you said about the repeated Day 1's was very powerful. My first post here was called 'no more groundhog day' - so no more Day 1's for me. :thanks:
                              Barbara, Mia, Blues & everyone else hope you are doing great.
                              Now I am off to the beach with my daughter for some sunshine & exercise before I go back to work tonight. With any luck I will win the ?187 000 000 EuroMillions jackpot tonight & will never have to work again!!! :H
                              SJ xxx :groupluv:

'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit.' Aristotle

Comment

Let's stay fit & healthy !

Hello all you exercising, no junk eating, AF Pinksters !! You are all doing so well !!

Barb, great going on your continued AF days. 52 AF Days by now :goodjob:

Mia, how are you feeling today ?

Daisy and SJ, you are almost in the double digits again. Very nice !!

W.S. I do like ice tea, with a sugar substitute. That works for me during the week.

R4L, sorry to hear your troubles with your hubby. Hope things can be worked out.

OK back working on another AF week. Weekends I just cannot get 100% committed to be AF, so I rather not discuss it, as this is not a drinking thread.

I do so need to post, as this is the ONLY way that I can stay commited to AF during the week. Ran 3 miles only yesterday, today going for 4 miles. I have a goal that by July 29, I will run 6 miles. I have not done that since last June.

Hope everyone has a fun filled exercise and AF Day today !

Miss O.
                                Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

Working...
                                X