Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will do Senor Mario.

Day 160. Jesu cristu!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Ya going strong G force & all in the right direction...

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Thanks mate. Well, just an hour ago i was close to throwing it all in. Pulled myself together again now though, as the thoughts floated away eventually on their own. I wondered what the reason was, and i put it down to wanting to escape only for a couple of days. Escape from my crazy busy work/study schedule i'm currently on. Shows me again what i've know is true for me all along - don't take on too much and get overwhelmed Gman.

I would've most likely got myself back on track soon enough, though you never can tell ultimately as you can find yourself in all kinds of dodgy situations, some life threatening.

Main bummer for me would've been the massive hit my self esteem would've taken. And that's become one of my most valued possessions.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
          I would've most likely got myself back on track soon enough, though you never can tell ultimately as you can find yourself in all kinds of dodgy situations, some life threatening.
          Great you didn't go there Mr G. The above part of you your post worries me however. Personally I can't entertain even the slightest hint that I could always get back on track. I have proved that to myself so often over the years and now I guard my sobriety as something very precious. I don't want to take the chance of ever losing it again, and for what?
          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
            Thanks mate. Well, just an hour ago i was close to throwing it all in. Pulled myself together again now though, as the thoughts floated away eventually on their own. I wondered what the reason was, and i put it down to wanting to escape only for a couple of days. Escape from my crazy busy work/study schedule i'm currently on. Shows me again what i've know is true for me all along - don't take on too much and get overwhelmed Gman.

Main bummer for me would've been the massive hit my self esteem would've taken. And that's become one of my most valued possessions.
            Mr G what supports are you using in your fight ? These thoughts come out of the blue all the time when you try & convince yourself that this time it be different, this time you be in control, And you know that's all bullshit Mr G , If you were a normal social drinker you wouldn't be here nor would any of us, Anger, anxiety, depression, and upset are the most powerful potentiators, especially a bad mood that ramps up over a period of hours. "It's not a matter of how you feel these days, but a matter of hours and minutes,"

Don't ever forget where you came from to get to where you are and where your going, :-)

Comment

Hi, usually just read & run in the morning but noticed that you mentioned you were feeling a bit pressured with all you have on! Sending supportive hugs :hug: You've got so much personal strength to have achieved what you have - try not to forget this (as we all too often do!) & be kind to yourself - you're awesome!
              To see a world in a grain of sand
              And a heaven in a wildflower.
              Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
              And eternity in an hour.

Comment

Hey Mr. G, thanks for posting your struggle and decision to remain AF. You have come so far. I have felt like throwing it all in too a few times, have support from my partner, who is on this journey with me. I always eat something, then can move on. Always happy I did. I have followed your journey closely as you are 8 days ahead of me. PM me if you want.

Comment

Great for you G-Man! Each time we beat down the urge, it makes us stronger!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks heaps for chiming in everyone. Much appreciated.

Day 161! Let's git it.

Comment

:heartbeat::applouse: Mr G FANTASTIC
                      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

hi Nora! Thanks, how are ya?

Just woken from a much needed sleep after working 2 graveyard shifts in a row, so have been a little low on energy. I can stay up all night once a week, but twice?! Good work and staff though, and only for a few months more. Also thinking about sticking with sober living. Feeling better not drinking sure, but where's the miracle umpire? haha. Looking forward to 6 months and beyond.

Take care out there.

Comment

Great work Mr G , keep it rolling.

Comment

Mr Gee-pers, you are awesome!
                            “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

day 162.

Comment

162 ya-hoo
                                Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Working...
                                X