• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Busy day here at the coffee shop!

24 more please and thank you.
    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

9:17am here in Calgary. I have been laid off again so am trying to keep my chin up and not get too bummed out. My last job was a bit of a soul sucker, I worked my ass off but always had a feeling in the pit of my stomach that I was not doing enough, ugh. I don't want a job like that again.
      I may try something in the non profit sector, I am a real people person so maybe something to do with dealing with people everyday instead of spreadsheets.

Anyway, nice to drop in to the coffee shop. Please give me another 24.

Quit winning- looks like we are neighbours. That is cool.
      Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
      "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

5:55am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

-18C (0F) this morning with snow on the way for today...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] @Rave [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Last edited by abcowboy; December 11, 2019, 07:55 AM.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Boy, I can sure relate to what Mr King said [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! What's the point of drinking if not to get drunk! I'm sure at some point drinking was fun for me, but all I remember was the need to get the buzz on...

Just one more day [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] and the moon ends it's full stage. A bit of trivia for you all, the moon reaches it's full stage this month on 12/12 at 12:12am! Funny numbers eh!

Great to see you here [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION]! Chin up is the way to go!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

That’s good that you really like your volunteer job at the coffee shop, Dill! But, one day a week of that is enough I imagine because of the early hours.

That must make it easier to get together with a former drinking buddy if you both have quit, like you & your BIL, QW. My British ex SIL was my big drinking buddy, so I avoided getting together much with her during the years that I was struggling to quit, even though I enjoy her company, and now she has moved away. And even now I am reticent to go visit her, since drinking and wine are so important to her. It could be awkward.

Hi, Narilly! Your cold Canadian air has reached us now. I had a cold walk with Tucker yesterday when it was 17F/-8C, but with a wind chill factor of 3F/16C. Today is forecast to be “frigid”.
            It used to tend to be fun to go work when we were first in the workforce in the 80s, but now many jobs just suck.

The full moon is on 12/12 at 12:12am?! That is a fun fact! Asking for 24 more hours to get me past the full moon!
            Last edited by Slo; December 11, 2019, 08:42 AM.
            Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Speaking of the moon. This was taken evening before last. We look at this beautiful mountain from our RV.

I must admit I've been pretty punky the last few days. Now I'm wondering if this is why or am I just homesick for holidays with my babies. Hmmmm

Hi, Nar! Good to see you. Sorry about the job.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

“Not until we are lost we begin to find ourselves.” ~Henry David Thoreau

Wow! Beautiful pic [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]!

Good to see you here at the cafe Narilly! Sorry about the job situation, but as the saying goes, when one door closes, another one opens up!

I'll take another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:54 am in Vegas another 24
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

That is breathtaking, Ginger! What a view!

When do you go back to work, Jude?

No, a doctor didn’t diagnose me with vitamin A overload, [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] -although hypervitaminosis A is a medical condition. It’s cutting-edge understanding uncovered by Grant Genereux in Canada, and being further explored by Garrett Smith in Arizona USA, that a lot of us are over-saturated nowadays thanks to Accutane, the diets super high in beta-carotene that are being pushed on us, skin care products with retinol in them, diets that emphasize a lot tomato products & cheese, and the supplementing of our food with vitamin A (in the US it’s added into our flour products, like cereal, and into our low-fat dairy). I don’t have to look any further than the carrot juice and barley green powder diet that I followed once when in my 30s until I turned orange, to know that I’m affected!
                    At least I figured out why my hair was falling out! I blamed it on alcoholism, which scared me enough to spur me on to my final quit; but that wasn’t actually it.

As far as all the alcohol advertising on TV, I guess they all just have to compete with one another to get their market share, and make their brand the favorite.
                    Last edited by Slo; December 11, 2019, 09:02 AM.
                    Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Awesome photo Ginger! A few years ago we vacationed in Sedona, AZ and were so impressed with the rock formations, I took over 200 pictures on a 3 hour Pink Jeep heritage tour of the area. I wish I had captured a scene as beautiful as the one you did.

Slo, it’s because of the numerous (and unneeded?) additives in our food that we bake our own bread and cook meals from scratch with ingredients purchased from reliable sources. No processed foods, no fast food and very few restaurant meals. Although there are no scientific links to tie food additives to Parkinson's, we wonder if that hasn’t contributed to Mrs QW’s illness.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Late check in this morning. Beautiful picture Ginger! Are you in your RV or your new house? I get confused. Slo, hope you are feeling better, I had help with the cookies, two of my daughters were baking as well. I have already eaten my share of the cookies. UGH!! Going to the gym 3 days a week but still looking for stuff to do. We leave in 2 weeks to head south and that’s what I’m excited for. I hope everyone has a good day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

I was out of my routine yesterday and didn't check in! We are still dealing with the roofing and we had an expensive car repair to deal with on top of that! I had some Christmas shopping to do, so my day just kind of went upside down. Didn't drink tho.

That was an awesome picture Ginger! I've never been to the southwest and I fully intend on going this year. I have always wanted to see Sedona's rock formations. Looks like I'll be searching pink jeep tours. Thank you QW!

Great to see you Narilly! The more the merrier.

24 more please and thank you.
                          Last edited by dill; December 12, 2019, 07:35 AM.
                          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:50am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

-14C (7F) with snow to shovel and more coming today and tonight...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Wow, that was a beautiful view [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! Do you guys stay put in the same spot when you're down south, or do you hook-up and spend time in different places, travelling around?

Lots of booze commercials on this time of year for sure [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], but I liken them to the Ford Lincoln truck commercials, neither are in the cards for me lol. I'm surprised we haven't seen cannabis commercials yet! Probably because they class cannabis as smoking, and cigarette commercials are banned. If they banned alcohol advertising, I wonder what the sports industry would do!

Sure doesn't seem like Christmas season to me. All the kid's will be home this year, and they'll be with us the 24th and morning of the 25th. Best get myself into the spirit of Christmas soon!
                              Last edited by abcowboy; December 12, 2019, 08:09 AM.

Comment

“Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” ~George Addair

Such a simple and true quote! I know that in the past, fear has kept me from accomplishing many things. Getting through a day without booze used to terrify me! Nowadays I have a much healthier fear of picking up that first glass of wine!

[MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]...I went to the doctor's yesterday, and he cleared me to go back to work on January 1st! The shoulder is still pretty stiff, so I have to go through some PT to help loosen it up, but things are looking up!

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION].....you sound as though you're in a bit of a funk, and I hope that having your kids home for Christmas will help with that. :hug:

Another 24 please and thank you!
                                Last edited by Jude58; December 12, 2019, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X