No announcement yet.

One Step at a Time - August 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone - great to see you all here.

Blue - I understand where you are. :hug:

Addy - you are doing great! Really positive posts and energy.

Mama - I truly hope that you are able to get some rest this weekend. I am so worried about you.

Dottie - anything on the agenda for today?

Pauly - how about you? Are you exercising like crazy again today? LOL You put me to shame. :applouse:

Liz - I hope that you are still having a wonderful girls weekend.

Rusty - have you got any rest this weekend? How was the wedding reception?

I had a good day yesterday. Went to the chiropractor (I really need to live nearer Liz so that her husband can help me). Went to two markets. Go my eyebrows threaded. Cleaned up around here. Read on my Kindle. Just a really good day.
    This morning we had waffles with ice-cream, potatoes and veggie bacon. I am STUFFED! Our waffles & ice-cream is something that we have done for years for our nieces and nephews. When they were over on the 4th of July, my nephew was so sad that our waffle iron had broken. So, we got a new one and tested it out today.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful Sunday. :grouphugs:
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Originally posted by All done drinking View Post
      Hi blue1

I couldn't log in either and had a crisis situation where after 7 years of "trying" to moderate, I knew I had to quit. My former name is Eve11 and I was a very avid poster and believer of moderating first to see if that was possible for folks who didn't want to quit. Pull up my Ruby Tuesday thread, look for my name. You will see a ton of posts. I was drawn to this board (MWO) because it was open minded to whatever the poster here determines their "way out" to be.

Of course, I really, really believed that I could moderate and I was actually pretty good at it with only drinking two drinks (sometimes only 1) every week. 3 weeks out of the month were very good moderation. But as I honestly recall, at least one week a month I went over my limit. So, that would mean a hangover, embarrassing my husband because I had slurred speech, picking a fight with a teen son because I didn't have the tolerance for his BS when I'd had a few, etc. The last episode entailed 2 blackouts and passouts within one week. The first bad episode was bad enough. Then I told myself and hubby the "lie" that I would never drink more than 2 again and 2 nights later I was finishing off the bottle of wine that was only supposed to give me 2 drinks and sneaking gin and tonic after that in a coffee cup. "The next morning I was in crisis and I tried to log in as Eve11 to share with the folks who know me that I was all done drinking. And guess what? Couldn't log in. So, I composed a new name to go with my new lifestyle and came back to MWO with a new mental attitude.

My belief in being able to moderate first (if one wants to go that route) is it does create harm reduction. One is really paying attention to their drinking habits, trying to modify them, really being more observant, and hopefully not getting into trouble with the stuff. So, I did have 7 years of harm reduction and avoiding some of the things that could have happened if I hadn't been more diligent (like getting a DUI, or really ruining a relationship with drunken comments/actions). So, you will figure out what works best for you in your own time. Perhaps you can be more of a mentor on the mod board and encourage others trying to moderate so that you will get the moderating support you need there although folks here are very nonjudgmental and have welcomed you with open arms. You are certainly gaining good information from them and they are gaining insights from you.

Have a good day/week...

Addy (All Done Drinking) :love: aka Eve11:hug:
      I REMEMBER YOU EVE11!!! I use to be -143.

I like your new name...where's Stewards...guapo....and anybody else?
      When I first got back on I was posting in long term moderators...but only one person talked back to me like twice...he's no longer a mod either.

And I agree....I like the people I'm meeting on this thread...so I'm not going anywhere!😀

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
        Good Afternoon, Friends,

A busy day today and off to a wedding reception at 6:00 PM.

Nora and Pauly-great to see you posting on The Army Thread..lots of great support there!:happy2:

Mama-great to see you! Have fun on date night with that cute guy you're married to. ;-)

Blue-sounds like you are making great progress.

Liz-I miss you and hope you had a great time at the Patriots' training camp and a relaxing weekend with your family. :-)

Dottie-thanks for kicking us off into August. Good job on the guy front. Can't think of which guy it is...gosh you have had so many lately. ....hahahah LOL. Just kidding...the one who is clingy/possessive. You are smart to run the other way. You don't need a pathetic guy.

Off
        Thanks Rusty!

Comment

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday!😘

Comment

Evening all,
            Nora what is eyebrow threading???? Never heard of that.
            No me today..woohoo...
            Church then went to look at a smart watch. Then to my friends house for birthday dinner. Her mom was 92 on Friday and her family was all there and she always invites me.
            Now I am home to chill.
            Gym tomorrow then laundry.
            Lunch on Tuesday with John. He is the fellow I dated 30 years ago and we reconnected at the police class I took. He will be just a friend but that is OK with me. Then I have my first private dance lesson.
            I am doing pretty well....
            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Hi Dottie - glad that you had a good day.

Wish that Mama would check in. I'm worried about her.

Eyebrow Threading
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hiya Nora. Think of you and the others often. Be well!
                “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

thanks Nora I need something to add some eyebrows back. can I have the ones that they pull out of you????
                  Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Originally posted by Dottie Belle View Post
                    thanks Nora I need something to add some eyebrows back. can I have the ones that they pull out of you????
                    :rotlf::goodone::lmao2:
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
                      Hiya Nora. Think of you and the others often. Be well!
                      So great to see you Techie. I think of you often too. :hug:
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good Morning! Happy Monday (Well, Maybe Not!! HAAHAHAHAH)

Eve/Addy-wow, I really admire your courage in admitting that moderating did not work for you, and I KNOW how hard you tried. I was an avid reader of your posts in the Mods Forum. I love your new attitude, too, so full of energy, hope and light. Please stick with us. You have so much to offer. You were always SO supportive on the Mods Thread. Just imagine what you could do here!:happy2:

Blue-thanks for being here with us as well. It's lovely to see our thread here growing...we love new faces. We can all learn from you.

Techie-thanks for popping in! I follow you on the Undies Thread. ;-)

Nora-Glad to see you on The Army Thread. Those people are really, really wonderful! So helpful in getting people on the right track to the AF life. Love that you get your brows threaded. I just get mine waxed. But then I have gel nails and eyelash extensions, too...because I am a Material Girl (Madonna's voice booming). LOL. Vanity, my favorite of the 7 Deadly Sins. Hahaha

Dottie-hope your date went well.

I did not make it to the wedding reception. :0( My cold has turned into something worse and now I have horrible pressure in my ears, accompanies by dizziness and nausea. I had just gotten back from getting my hair done Saturday when I was stricken on the way home...dizzy, etc. I thought I would lie down for a bit...well, I did, but did not set my alarm and woke up at 10:30PM. I missed the whole thing. UGH. Off to the doctor's today.

Hi to Mama, Liz and Pauly. ;-)

Have a good Monday, everyone!

Comment

I am here Nora. I was a bum all day yesterday about to jump in the shower for work.
                          Blue I don't really talk about my drinking bc I don't want to be a negative influence. I do not drink during the week, sometimes on Friday and usually on Saturday. My husband keeps a close eye on me.
                          Gotta run....I'll check in later
                          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I have missed you guys! I did read back.
                            Nora, you are sounding wonderful! You go girl. I drink to numb, sleep as well. I did have a sangria over the weekend. No big deal, but I was consumed with drinking thoughts. I'm so tired of them. Hubby is watching me like a hawk now too.
                            Rusty, sorry you don't feel well. Hope the dr, can give you something to feel better. I get that vanity thing. Got my gel nails again last week too.
                            Mama, I admire that you can moderate. Do you think about al a lot? Do you look forward to those weekend drinks?
                            Dottie, you are sounding busy and like you're enjoying yourself. I'm with rusty, I wouldn't want dependent clingy either, just saying. Enjoy your dance class.
                            Blue, glad you decided to stay here. I want to be able to moderate, but I don't know if it's possible for me. How is your sister doing?
                            So we had a wonderful weekend. The traffic was no fun, going or coming home. Erin had an action packed day on Saturday and we did and saw it all. Fell into bed exhausted. Yesterday we just wandered around Rhode Island a bit. It was a beautiful weekend. Because seeing the patriots training camp wasn't enough we may go see the Giants training camp today. About 20 minutes from home, thankfully.
                            Have a good Monday guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                              Good Morning! Happy Monday (Well, Maybe Not!! HAAHAHAHAH)

Eve/Addy-wow, I really admire your courage in admitting that moderating did not work for you, and I KNOW how hard you tried. I was an avid reader of your posts in the Mods Forum. I love your new attitude, too, so full of energy, hope and light. Please stick with us. You have so much to offer. You were always SO supportive on the Mods Thread. Just imagine what you could do here!:happy2:

Rusty,

Thank you for your very kind post. Yes, I tried extremely hard to make the mod life work for me so I will certainly understand the struggles of others who are in the same situation, hoping it can work for them with the nagging concern of "what if it can't?" As I look back, a lot of my posts were geared toward that concern and worry of "Is moderate drinking delusional?"

For me it finally became a paradigm shift. I stopped seeing myself as a person who might eventually be able to always control my use of alcohol and started to see myself as someone who no longer drank. Now that I am viewing myself as a nondrinker it is easy to make an inner and outer commitment never to drink again and to change my life accordingly.

I think Byrdie talked about how freeing it was when you finally let it go and I have to say she is right. There are still struggles of course as sometimes just the thought of not drinking again can put me into a mini panic, but then I think about just not drinking today, not drinking for the next 24 only and it makes the frightful moment go away.

I went to a son's friends wedding last night. I always drank at weddings and I usually made a fool of myself at big events like that. It was nice to be with my son (hubby was sick and stayed home). The couple are young without a lot of money and to cut expenses, they had the bartender pour only 1/2 glasses. I remember thinking how nice it was to not be stressing that I only got 1/2 glass and would have to go back soon for another. I remember watching one person at the table going back and back and remembering that feeling of never be satiated. Didn't miss it at all. When I danced with the groom I was so present without slurred speech, etc. When we played a table game (being the first to guess a song) I could wave my arm excitingly and be the silly person I am without fear because I wasn't drinking. With drinking, the fun me looked out of control, the sober me is evidently having fun but in total control so I am not an embarrassment and people are not snickering behind my back.

I am 18 days AF now and made it through my first wedding.

Addy (All Done Drinking)
                              "Control your destiny or somebody else will" ~Jack Welsh~

God didn't give you the strength to get back on your feet, so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down.

But that was yesterday, and I was a different person then. ~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comment

Hey all,Nora,I didn't exercise like crazy yesterday, didn't do shit! Crappy,grouchy, bloated mess I was,just sat on the couch eating sun chips while Louie climbed all over me,grrr,Mama,I never really wanted to say anything but I like when you keep the drinkin to yourself, its none of our business anyways,plus you seem to have control over it,I can't,so it just makes it easier for us struggling to not hear it,I hope I didn't piss you off glad you're back Liz hi Rusty,Blue,Techie,Addy Dots,let's kick some Monday ass
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X