No announcement yet.

One Step at a Time - October 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all,Kradle you made me laugh with the perm and your profound jibberish remark,sheesh how many times have i been sloshed and come up with life changing,profound ideas! what an idiot,i'd talk grandiose plans,get everybody all excited and the next day be like"i never said that"and usually the only people who get perms these days are older ladies,too bad i didn't do hair in the 80's,i'd be rolling in the dough,EVERYBODY got them,even guys for their mullets haha,i ate a turkey sandwich at 6 a.m,i feel like a pig,however it was reduced call bread,a few slices of turkey and 1/2 of a kraft slice thrown into the panini machine,i just hate a rumbling gut,besides i'll start a diet next week cuz i want to eat on Halloween,one of the bags of candy i bought has "100 thousand dollar bars"and im addicted to those,me and Louie broke into the candy last nite,we bad! hope everyone is zo.k,have a good Tuesday
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I wonder what happened to my "cool"thingie i had by my name?
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya peeps..late check in. I slept like poo last night....my "Cat Hat" didn't help...I woke at 3 am and could NOT go back to sleep till about 6...so I am at work felling like a zombie with a headache from hell. Wah, wah
        Always so good to see you Kradle...I really enjoy your posts too! I am glad Matt is graduating!
        And perms..yuk. I had ONE and never again...
        Gonna try to wake up
        Sun - I swear I remember when you had that AC put in....or was it a roof??
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Mama, I slept like crap, too.

My mom has been getting perms her entire life. I hate the smell, although I guess it's better nowadays than it used to be.

Anyway, I feel sorry for the poor ladies who have done my mom's hair over the years. She complains bitterly after every perm, saying that nobody does her hair "right"...every perm fades away too quickly, or the ladies cut her hair too short, or not short enough. She waxes on wistfully about the "only" girl who ever did her hair right...a meth head who finally dropped out of life and disappeared from the J.C. Penney's hair salon years ago.

To be fair to these poor hair stylists, my mom's hair is very fine and straight- and heavily damaged by decades of perms.

Anyway, suffice it to say that I am NEVER going to get a perm.

Comment

Sun, I hear you about the water aerobics workout...it's like it's not worth it if it can't be recorded on the fitbit! :smiles:

Comment

Morning all,
              We should be a fitbit commercial....
              Errands today then a meeting at church tonight.
              Yes I had brilliant ideas after a gallon or so of wine....dont even want to think about that.....boohiss...
              Foster doggie woke us up at 6am..dh got up and took him outside to pee/poo....hope he finds a good home. He needs about 3 9 year old boys to play with him...although our gang is wearing him out...good thing for them all.
              Back later.
              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Good morning all!
                You guys are cracking me up with the perms and the deep insights we all had when we'd consumed a gallon or two of alcohol. I'm sure I came up with some world-changing ideas....now if only I could remember them! LOL I never had a perm because my hair is (was) naturally curly, to the point of being NAPPY...I hated it and would cry every day. Then after I was pregnant, it went straight and half of it fell out. Now I cry every day because I'm going bald. LOL

Sierra is definitely moving on November 10th. Part of me wants to take the day off and part of me wants to just come to work and not see it happening. November 11th is a holiday anyway, so I think there's a mad rush of people wanting to take the 10th off so they get a 4 day weekend. Sunshine - she is 17 years old and has ALWAYS lived with me...I just know it's going to hit me like a ton of bricks when it happens. I really need a hobby. After watching Dr. Phil yesterday I supposed exercise wouldn't be too bad of an idea. LOL I used to love the gym, now I just love Netflix. I have Game of Thrones waiting for me at the Library too.

Mama - I cannot believe 'Tucky is already planning days off, she's not even back yet. Can you imagine how many times she would call in (if she were staying....that is). One of my friends in another department just had her 4th (and last) baby boy and she is the most dependable employee. If anyone had a reason to "milk" the situation it would be her, but she's too darn responsible. And she's young (29).

I guess I've blabbed enough for now...but I'll be back later. Hope everyone has a good Tuesday!
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Today is my boyfriend Joaquin's Birthday.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Sadly, he looks more like this these days: LOL
                    Attached Files

Comment

Morning/afternoon :happy2:

Pauly, I can still see the cool thingie next to your name. That was very unsympathetic, the way your husband responded when you asked for extra support on account of bobbi moving, I guess he just doesn't understand but it didn't sound as though he was trying very hard to either.

Beloved mrs bear, sorry you had a rotten night. I am glad you have been keeping in touch with nursie. I have been thinking about her a lot.

Sunny, thanks for explaining what "doing a nora" means! It will be fun for you to have a kitten playing at home and I think you are right, once it is old enough it will probably be "top dog", at least that is how things are in my household. I am in awe of you for doing 50 flights of stairs! Regarding the problem with antabuse, could it be caused by something other than food such as perfume, deodorant, or maybe even soap? That is a pain in the bum about the AC, sorry you will have more expense. The water aerobics is a great idea, it's a shame the fitbit won't work in the pool. I will have the same problem if I buy one, unfortunately.

Fen, I never go for those care plans or extended warranties when buying stuff. Many of the agreements are such poor value and I have heard that the shops often make more on the agreement than they do on the item you purchased from them. Sorry about the tread mill problems, that must be frustrating for you. And the way the home health people responded to your mum when she reported the problems with her oxygen concentrator was totally unsatisfactory, she should never have been left to worry like that.

Dotts, glad the foster dog is settling in well. How long will you have him for? I do not know how you cope with 5 dogs, one is plenty for me.

Niner, you are bound to be sad about sierra moving away, but hopefully she will be able to come and stay with you from time to time?

Kradle, that is great news that matthieu will graduate after all, I thought you had decided to bring him home.

Hi to everyone else. :happy2:

Off to replace the ceiling light pendant fitting in the hall. I bought a new light shade for it last week only to discover that the flex hanging down isn't long enough for the new shade. Drat!

Comment

Reccie we keep Finn until he finds a home. There is an adoption event on the 15th that we will take him to. I want him to have a good home. If we find him a home then the rescue group can pull another dog from a shelter and we can foster again. So many dogs thrown away makes me so sad....
                        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Good morning everyone...almost noon actually. Sorry to say I slept great...DH actually had to wake me- slept thru my phone....:happy2:
                          Sunny I've not taken AB but I use the essential oil Digest- Zen for tummy problems. It's amazing! Also, you might want to bring your water shoes to Water Aerobics ...I got a cut and some blisters believe it or not when I did them...

So funny about the perms... I remember my mom and grandmom getting them once a week...God forbid they miss that appointment ! It was like missing the prom for them...:egad:

Mama, I dont know what to say about our Tucky...except She needs to move to LA...she's in la la land...
                          Sorry K9....:love: Let's think of something we can all do on the tenth...how about a slumber party?? Nora do you still have the blankets for the tent fort...?

Strange morning...lots of work and GF called me whom I haven't spoken to in months...long bizarre story the moral of which is...be very careful whom you marry.....

Yes, I am so glad Mathieu is back on track...I knew he would eventually. This is just the home stretch for us so it's really really hard.......lease:
                          Rainy cold here. Shutting off my computer and going to chant. I need some peace and clarity.

Hugs and heart
                          On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                          *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

:heartbeat:Hi Reccy...sorry...
                            On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                            *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Chant for me Kradle!!
                              Happy Birthday Joaquin....K9's deep. long lost love. For those of you that don't know, Niner and I have teased each other for a long time about her attraction to felons, men covered in tats, gang members, etc. Thus, weird Joaquin Phoenix came up.....
                              You will LOVE Game of Thrones.......
                              I don't even have any suggestions for Sierra's departure...I cannot even imagine. Just know I am a call away and you better have some AB on hand. Would going to your parents for the weekend make you cray cray?
                              Fenny - Nana complains about everything....especially her haircuts and perms. It used to make me crazy but I have learned to find it endearing.
                              I have to get started on my list of "acceptable" behaviors and "things that will not be tolerated" for Bri's return. UGH.
                              What really sucks (for the time being) is that I cannot be my goofy self at work until she is gone. I will be in professional robot mode.
                              Dots - I love it that you foster doggies!!
                              Good luck with the light Beloved Mr. Bear. Our time changes next week so it gets dark and gloomy in the fall and it made me think about your SAD lamp.
                              Phone is ringing
                              bacinabit

Comment

I was doing my Fat Bit thing re-watching Sons of Anarchy ( I had forgotten most of it....it is so good) and I almost spewed my tea when the actress that plays Tucky shows up as a hooker!!! She's the same, sassy , slutty character ...and she is looking for one of the motorcycle studs to be her "Old Man"......I died laughing when I saw her....her real name is Taryn Manning, I think...if anyone but K9 cares:love:

Comment

Working...
                                X