No announcement yet.

One Step at a Time - October 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my brilliant drinking idea was to get in a car and drive and get a DUI.....not proud of that one....
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Reccy you are a genius ! I hadn't even thought about stuff like shampoo etc - I was just thinking food as I know that the first time I had a cheese and Branston sarnie after I took some AB, I had a really bad reaction - I am super sensitive to it. I checked and my conditioner and my perfume both have alcohol in them - I had not thought of stuff I put ON my body. Thank you .... I didn't take any today but am not drinking either ....

Yes MB - you do indeed remember us having a new AC - well, we ended up with a heat pump - but it was about 4 years ago. We also had to have a new roof due to a terrible hail storm but that was only about two years ago (I think) .... so I am suitably ticked about the motor - AND they called today and said it is going to cost about $250 to put it in - the chap said yesterday that it would only take about 1 1/2 hours to do - wish I earned $160 an hour !!!!!! Plus the amount we have already paid them I am not a happy camper with Trane !!

YES Fen - I so agree about it not being worth doing something unless it registers on the Fitbit !! But I said I would do the water aerobics with daughter so I will - maybe I will go on the treadmill afterwards! My boss has joined me as a friend on the Fitbit and he is SO competitive - I swear before he goes to bed he looks to see how many steps I have and then does some just to make sure he beats me - he goes to bed later than me. It makes me laugh but is good motivation for me to MOVE it, as is having you and Dots here !!

K9 - I am curious as to how your daughter will get on living with her dad - if she has always been with you, it might be a case of the grass being greener on the other side and she might get a rude awakening. Just a thought anyway ...... it is one thing to stay there for visits and another totally to live with someone.

Dottie - I do not think I could handle five dogs all at once. Three is really one too many but I would never get rid of one of them. They act more like a pack when there are so many .....I think I really need to work on training ours to be honest! And of course being shelties they DO bark !! All I have to do is to show one of them the thunder jacket and she stops .... LOL I admire you for doing the foster thing on a permanent basis - we have rescues and tried doing the foster thing but it just didn't work out....

Kradle, how on earth did you cut your feet doing water aerobics? The mind boggles ..... I am doing it in a pool .....

And I think I am going to go and have a sit down and a read for a while - just had an hours walk. Slept really badly last night for some reason or other - but do not want to nap - not today anyway!

Hugs to all, Sun XXX
      How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Originally posted by mama bear View Post
        I was doing my Fat Bit thing re-watching Sons of Anarchy ( I had forgotten most of it....it is so good) and I almost spewed my tea when the actress that plays Tucky shows up as a hooker!!! She's the same, sassy , slutty character ...and she is looking for one of the motorcycle studs to be her "Old Man"......I died laughing when I saw her....her real name is Taryn Manning, I think...if anyone but K9 cares:love:
        The BEST part is when Gemma hits her in the face with a skateboard. LOL
        Yeah, violence shouldn't be funny, but hell...at this point I need to laugh or I'll just cry!
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Originally posted by mama bear View Post
          my brilliant drinking idea was to get in a car and drive and get a DUI.....not proud of that one....
          Well holy crap on a stick Mama, I must be TWICE as brilliant as you since I did it TWO times!

Ok, so I was just going to post how one minute I feel OK, the next I want to get drunk, and the next I just want to cry because my baby is leaving. I promise I won't drink though, I would HATE myself if I spent my last 12 nights with her drinking, not sure I'd ever forgive myself for that one. I hate to sound so overly dramatic, she is only moving 35 miles away, but still....it's just not gonna be the same........
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

K9, i know how you feel Bobbi is only 20 and forher to be moving to Portland is driving me bananas!! nobody understands why i'm so emotional over it,we can't drink though cuz sheesh what will it accomplish?i hear you on the yo-yoing thoughts,i keep thinking just one last blowout then i'll start over again,but i'll onlybe more emotional grr the thoughts of an alkie! almost feel like a mental patient,btw Taryn Manning has always been rough looking,kinda tweakery looking to me,Louie just showed up,see ya
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

home and I think I am getting a sinus infection....I bent over to feed the cats and my head felt like it was going to explode.....but I won't complain. I am going to drink some Thera Flu and sleep tonight.
              The skateboard was awesome K9. And, I completely understand your emotions about Sierra. Again, I am a phone call away.
              Gonna eat some manicotti, watch Jax Teller on SOA and hopefully....sleep!!
              Zen and I texted and she is fine. She is worrying about Nursie too.

Comment

Beloved Mr. Bear IS brilliant Sun!! Read those labels!!

Comment

Reccie is a freaking genius, I swear!

Reccie, I miss you so much. How are you and Amy doing? That's too bad about the lamp thingy not fitting correctly...I hate when projects don't work out as planned!

K9, I think we should all stick close the night of the 10th. It's a huge adjustment to live solo- and to part ways with your child. You will adjust, trust me.

Comment

Mama, I hope you feel better soon...sinus infections are the worst!

Pauly, I am sorry about Bobbi moving...it sounds like she is ready to spread her wings, though. Sorry your hubs isn't being more supportive- what is up with him?

Nora, I hope you are okay.

Comment

Hello all - I'm ok....I had a horrible stiff neck which turned into a back issues yesterday. It's all stress and I know it. Today is better.

And - excuse me....but, back off K9 - Joaquin is mine. He doesn't have that crazy beard anymore (I think??). LMAO

I'm sorry that I haven't been responding. I've been reading........taking it a day at a time.......or, One Step at a Time.

Had a cell phone issue (because of my son) and it's affected my phone. I think I've almost got it cleared up but will let you know tomorrow. The Apple Store told him one thing and Verizon something else which then affected my line. AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH......(grand scheme of things, this doesn't matter )
                      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

So that's why I didn't hear back Ms Nora! :heartbeat: What did case do to the phone, darlin...buy an iPhone 6! Deep blue essential oil for your back, Nora....

And for your sinus' Mama I have the Breathe Oil which is incredible....also, your just starting a list on Tucky... :egad: you have use to be wild and crazy with boobala !!

Wow Sunny I had no idea that AB was so sensitive ! Good call Reccy! We do watch out for each other don't we? :hug:
                        Alright Fenny! We will stay close on the tenth, k9.
                        Zenny, if your reading I have lost your number ...again...but third time U.S. a charm so....please pm me...miss you soooooo much... :heartbeat:

Home snuggled in bed with Supernatural....my new go to Netflix show- sorry I wish I could have gotten into SOA, I love a good skateboard in the face!

Love you all.
                        On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                        *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Morning everyone .....

Yes Kradle - for SOME, AB can be very difficult to take - I thought I was okay but I do not have vinegar, or anything with vinegar in it when I have taken it. I don't get a full blown reaction but feel unwell - and the first time I had taken it and it happened I had no idea why I felt so ill and what was happening - face flushing, tummy upset, just felt really weird - with the topical things it seems it is just my tummy .... which is why I wondered if it was something I was eating. But nothing made any sense. Some people have no problem with it and can have salad dressing etc..... I guess it is just trial and error.

Nora - sorry to hear about your neck and back - very painful - hope it feels better today. What on earth did your son do to your phone ?

And MB - hope that you don't have a sinus infection and that it was just a blocked up nose maybe ? Sinus issues are such a pain ....

Pauly - how far is Bobby moving away from you ? And I think it is always hard when they move away - I think I have the best of both worlds - one of mine moved away - a whole mile !!! Which is great!

Okay - off to get ready for work - just going in for a swift couple of hours today then hitting the gym .... really wish I hadn't said I would go in to work, but it is only for two hours which will go by very fast!

Hugs to all, Sun XXX
                          How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Morning loves. I am typing with Dixie sitting on my shoulder. She was on antibiotics when I got her for a cold. We got a second round of antibiotics , but she is still sneezing.....and in my face half the time. Do think she could be making ME sick? goofy thought, but cat sneezes could be contagious, couldn't they?
                            Clay loves Supernatural Kradle. Tell me about these essential oils. DO they have a website? Not really in my budget, but I am curious.
                            Off to the salt mines....sigh

Comment

Nora...I am glad you checked in. I was starting to worry....

Comment

Going to take mom to her eye appointment soon.

Nora, I'm glad you are okay...what the heck did sonny do?

Mama, I don't think you can catch anything from Dixie, but if she's still sneezing, maybe she needs a different antibiotic. This sounds gross, but make sure you clean her snot off of surfaces right away...cat snot becomes impervious to cleaning agents once it really sets.

Hi to Kradle...glad Matt is back on track.

Hi Pauly, Dotts, Reccie and all...Reccie, I need to get back to locating a reccie-mobile for you!

Comment

Working...
                                X