No announcement yet.

One Step at a Time - October 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is her scheduled return date? Maybe she will be un-swole by then!
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hey all,no Louie today and tbh im kinda glad cuz i still feel like crap,got a doc app for next tuesday to see whats up,K9,i assumed you had been on the a.b all this time,Sierra is a smart girl she words things so adult like,it'll be an adjustment for her to move out for sure,probly get back to the gym in the evenings,or take a class,some kind of positive distraction,i know sometimes when Brady goes skating with his friends,my first thought is"i can run to the gas station real quick"i hate that thought! tacos for dinner and will use 1/2 of the hamburger i cooked for hamburger helper tomorrow,i hate budgeting! but we have been slow this whole month at work,boohiss! have a good 'un peeps
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

she is to be back on Monday the 17th. She TOLD me she would not be back until the 19th and needs the 20th off. HR is allowing this as a courtesy. If she asks to asks for any more time, her position will no longer be available, so I am hoping she is still swole!! I spent two hours documenting my expectations regarding her behavior when she returns. It's draining.
        K9,did you TTFP??
        off for some fried chicen..yum! Sorry, but I am a heathen!
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hey Pauly! x post!

Comment

I hear ya' on the budgeting thing Pauly! I USED to cook a whole bag of chicken thighs in the crock pot, but lately I have been splitting the bag in half and only cooking 3-4 pieces at a time so there's NO waste! The big question now is "do you want rice or potatoes on the side?" Heaven forbid we would eat a veggie. LOL ONE good thing about my upcoming change in situation is that it will be so EASY for me to grocery shop and eat my own stuff. I am starting to look at the positive sides of this thing, I'm sure there will be a few, actually.

Comment

Oh no,if i were by myself i'm positive i would be the drive-thru queen,tbh i eat taco bell every Friday,and it's embarrsing cuz they know me,i'm almost considering rotating taco bells like i did with gas stations buying al!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

xPost with you too Mama!
                Fried Chicken sounds sooo good. My favorite splurge for myself is Fish and Chips from this "authentic" place, but it's darn expensive so I rarely do it. It's like $12 for 3 pieces of fish and fries...but damn it's good!!
                One more hour of work. Today has seemed to last forever. I was given some very wise advice from one of our dear friends here on this thread (in a PM, you know who you are...and THANK YOU). Time to give up the "woe is me" act and saying anything that could cause Sierra guilt, and most of all, to let the past GO. All I want is for her to be happy. Okay...that's as cheer-leader-y as I can get today. LOL

Oh I do have one more complaint since I'm already here. lol I requested Game of Thrones from the Library and Season One and Season Two were both "shipped" 6 days ago. Well one of them is ready to be picked up. Guess which one? Of course, Season TWO. Murphy's Law at work....again.

Comment

Morning Loves
                  DO NOT watch season 2 first!! You will be lost!
                  Out the door....
                  Dixie is zooming all over the place...I think I will start calling her Krack Kitty!
                  Clay has worked two 12 hours days on a road crew. He is exhausted, but this is good for him. Hard labor will make him appreciate his life and motivate him to do well in school......I hope!

Comment

Morning! :happy2:

Dotts, I would think it must be hard not to become too attached when you foster dogs, but it's great that you can offer them a home for a while. Our clocks have gone forward already and it is really quite depressing how it gets dark so early. Would much rather they didn't mess around with the clocks.

Sorry about the sinus infection, beloved mrs bear, but I don't think you could have caught it from dixie. Fenny is right about the cat snot, once it sets it's like green concrete, you will need a hammer and chisel to get it off! :eeew:

Kradle, I mentioned to zenny that you have lost her number and she said she would PM it to you.

Pauly, like sun, I was wondering how far away bobbi is moving? Sorry you're feeling rotten, I hope the doc can do something for you.

Sun, I reckon you had better start getting used to being asked for proof of ID for being a senior citizen! Don't know whether it's even possible for your perfume or conditioner to have caused the problems with AB, but it's got to be worth looking in to. Sorry about the A/C problems, have they told you when they will be able to fix it yet?

Nora, sorry about the neck and back problems, stress can definitely cause that.

Fenny, how are you finding life in your new home?

Niner, I think you should feel very proud of sierra, she sounds incredibly grown up for her age. It's got to be hard for you, knowing that she will be leaving soon, and no-one likes change, but there are lots of positives to living alone and perhaps it will be an opportunity to spread your wings a bit. You are doing really well to keep posting, it is so tempting to hide when times are difficult.

Ok, it's late morning here. Time to turn the SAD lamp off and get outside and experience some proper daylight. Might investigate fitbits later.

Have a great day folks. :happy2:

Comment

Morning all,
                      Foster dog Finn woke us early again. But now I have the laundry in the washer and am sipping my lemon water. So not all bad really.
                      Getting cold here. Not a fan of that either. Supposed to rain for Halloween tomorrow. we are giving out candy in the parking lot of a school so not sure how that will work out.
                      I will be hanging around here all day...
                      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Hey all,rain for Halloween Dots?,that sucks,it's supposed to get in the 60's here the day after,i'm gonna freeze,being cold irritates me,Recs,Bobbi is moving to Portland Oregon,not sure how many miles but 2-3 states away,something like that,she acts happy though,i think i'm just too clingy,i think i'm gonna be a party pooper tomorrow and only wear devil horns and my "Happy Halloween"t-shirt,thats boring but Louie is already gonna be freaked out by all the other peoples costumes and decsso ill just keep it boring,have a good Thursday everyone

Comment

975 miles a 15 hour drive

Comment

pauly sounds like what I am going to wear and a rain coat too....boohiss on the weather.....
                            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Hi All!
                              Doing better today :happy2: And no Mama, I will not watch Season Two first, that's why I didn't even bother to pick it up. I have re-started Downton Abbey so I can watch all of the seasons. Plus, I think Sons of Anarchy Season Six is FINALLY on Netflix. I should be set in the TV viewing area for a while!

It's supposed to rain here tomorrow too...we are getting a "big storm"...1/3 of an inch maybe!! LOL

Sun - I am sort of the AB Queen. Topical things could be causing your reaction, perfume, soaps, hair color, nail polish remover, lotions...etc. I have never had a reaction to anything other than alcohol...I guess I am not that sensitive to it. I know it upsets Mama's tummy and gives her a headache, but I never have that either, so basically there's no reason I shouldn't take it. And yes, I am gonna TTFP today. I am waiting until 10am just to be safe, because honestly I had 4 rum and cokes last night but stopped at 8:30pm...and threw everything out. So here goes Day 1. And I want to thank you all again for the non-judgemental support! :heartbeat:

I am meeting with the bankruptcy lawyer at 3pm today, but coming back to work after since tomorrow is my Friday off! YAY

Back later peeps!

Comment

Back from my cabin venture.

Niner, I'm with the others concerning Sierra. I would take what she is saying at face value. Good for you on taking ttfp later today. <3

Mama, 'Tucky is a real piece of work! I think she'd be a heck of a lot sicker if she had a septic uterus. I hope you folks will request a note from her doctor. I predict she'll be out of a job in no time, based on her past behavior.

Good for Clay on working his butt off- I think it's good for kids to discover what real life is like.

Dotts, sorry the foster pup is waking you up so early, but it sounds like you're getting a lot done, LOL. The temps have really plummeted here, too.

Pauly, that cracks me up about switching Taco Bells.

Sun, I have heard that perfumes and other things containing alcohol can interact with AB, even if they are topically applied. When you think of it, our skin is able to absorb those things- that's why some meds are applied through skin patches. Reccie was truly on target!

Good for you on being carded, LOL!

Reccie, I am enjoying life in the new house, mostly. The people who rented before we bought it must have smoked in the garage, however. There was an air freshener out there when we first viewed the place, and we could tell people had smoked in there...but now, it's really apparent. I am going to buy some KILLZ primer (locks in odors) but the temps are getting pretty low to paint. Right now I have air fresheners in the garage. Maybe next week Mrs. Fen and I can park on the street and I can get it done.

Otherwise, the place is awesome. It's a condo, so we are not responsible for snow removal or raking, etc. Every week a crew of workers descends on the place and blow and pack up all the leaves, mow the lawn, etc. I told Mrs. Fen I feel like I'm in Beverly Hills!

Comment

Working...
                                X