One Step at a time - April 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Everyone!

Sorry I have been AWOL. I was out last Thursday because Wednesday night I didn't sleep well due to the ribs. Friday I had a Dr. Appt to check them and I ended up staying home after to rest and ice them. They ARE healing but it's such a slow process! They do feel better though!! I was telling someone that I was able to sneeze yesterday without passing out! LOL Anyways, no more missing work for me, I am definitely on the mend! AND my house is completely done and moved in to! I am missing one crockpot though. I have about 7 boxes left in storage so now I can downsize into a cheaper one. PLUS I got my first utility bill and it was $55 including a $10 connect fee...my old bill was $285. I'm anxious to start saving all this money!

Hi G2G! You are defnitely welcome here! I'll introduce myself too, I am 42 years old, single mother of a 17 year old girl. We've had a bumpy year, and if you stick around I'm sure you'll hear all about it! LOL Seriously, welcome and please stay!

Mama - Please don't work too hard, you don't need to burn out on your new job! Outback sounds soooo good! I gotta cook tonight, we've been doing the Taco Bell/Carls Jr. circuit again and I am sick of it!!! Tonight will be chicken parmesan and shrimp scampi :happy2:

Nora - Good for taking AB! I have a new prescription to fill as well. Hope you're doing ok!!!

Dots - You are definitely an inspiration. I can't believe how many things you get involved in!!!

Liz, Skendall, Pauly, Rusty and everyone else...Happy Monday!!! LOL

Be back later friends! :love:
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hi g2g and welcome! I am a 54 year old married for 24 years mom of two men. They are 19 and 24 and the loves of my life. I just started a new job...a month ago...and I am working my ass off. I love the people and the job, but gosh I am tired. I clocked 118 hours the last two weeks. Most of my drinking is on date night Saturdays with hubby.
      I used to post a BUNCH but I don't have time just yet.
      Home made spaghetti tonight Pauly.
      K9, I am glad you are getting settled and the ribs are on the mend. How is our baby girl, Sierra, doing?
      Hugs and love to everyone, Rusty, it's always so good to see you here. You bring so much life to our tired little family!
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Gym kicked my butt so I hope I can sleep well.
        Need to take my car in the shop tomorrow. Making some strange noises. I made dh buy the extended warranty so I hope it pays off. I will have to rent a car because it will be there overnight and I need a car during the day to do things.
        Last meeting of grief group tomorrow night. It has been good for me I guess. I am in a slightly better place than when the group started. I dont meltdown as often but the grief is still strong and very present.
        Had lunch today with one of the train fellows who was a friend of ours. Nice to get out and have a nice lunch with a friend. He is a good guy so hope we can do it again sometime.
        zzzzzzzzzzzzzz hope I go to bed and am still sleepy....gotta get up early to drop off car...drat...
        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Wow mama, 118 hours! That's crazy. Homemade spaghetti sounds so yummy. Paulys favorite? Maybe I'll make it tomorrow.
          Dottie, I'm glad your seeing progress. I'm glad you had a good day. Why do they have to keep it? Do they have an idea what is wrong?
          K9 glad you're on the mend. Good you're saving some money. I'm sure you're new place is lovely.
          Well, tummys been rumbling all day and I did not sleep well last night. Hoping tonight is a better night.
          Good night guys!

Comment

OH I forgot to mention that I am having a sun roof installed. That is all the car lacked when we bought it and had talked about having one put in so I am just going to do it....then I can keep the car forever I guess...or until it totally falls apart. It is a Toyota so I am hopeful. Thought about buying a new one but didn't want to spend the money right now. His car has the Bluetooth for the phone and navigation so it was the logical choice to keep...I loved the sun roof on the car I sold his son.
            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Wow! Thanks for all the welcomes!!! And the introductions! - I guess I better pony-up!

I have been here off & on since 2007 - back in the days when Chat was like a crowded smoke-filled bar!! Since then I have been moderating, abstaining, and learning about this whole thing and about me. I just turned 60 years old, married - 2 kids in college - and just finishing Yoga Teacher training!! Yup - an old fart doing Down Dog with mostly 'kids' - ha!

So many familiar names here - its nice to see people still in touch. I have had 2 names, so if you don't remember G2G, you may recall Hiddengoal. Anyway, its been awhile because it seems this last year the site changed a lot - no more 'real chat' which may have gotten crazy at times, but it also saved me from finding wine quite a few times.

Ok, onward. I am abstaining for another stint and don't know how long, but probably at least 30 days. I have done 30, 60, 100 two times and 5 months last year. We will see this time - it just feels good. Each time I find the need to be free again, its seems I am aware of the progression - ugh.

You all have a great night and thank you for the warm welcome - looking forward to getting to know you all. I can't manage too many threads because I work FT too.

Happy Day,
              G2G/Hidden
              "Go Placidly Amid the Noise and Haste"

Comment

Madame - I hope your comment about Rusty was sincere....but it sounded very mean spirited and it not welcome here.
                I don't why people continue to poke at our gang and chase off members..it is not the reason we are here. If it was sincere, I apologize, but somehow I doubt it.
                Not that I am awake and mad, I will take myself off to shower and work.
                Have a good day my dear, true friends. Enjoy the sunroof Dots. and make sure it doesn't leak.!
                Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..I hate conflict and drama here

Comment

Madame-I see this is your first post, so I am guessing you are either very drunk or you're just a troll. I'm not going to give you another thought because then you get to take up space in my brain....for free. Ahh, not happening.

Mama-don't let this creature get to you. So not worth it, dear friend. Just just ignore it....and everyone else here, let's do the same, ok? We all have IGNORE buttons in our settings. Good thing, right? As far as other people poking at our thread, the best thing you can do, and I speak from experience, is to not go lurking on other threads that demand abstinence from EVERYONE on the thread. It will just piss you off, and it's a waste of time, which you can't afford right now. Plus, I happen to love the happy, bubbly Mama Bear.

G2G-training to become a Yoga trainer/instructor...wow, that is impressive! Yes, I remember when Chat was really popular...someone ALWAYS in Chat to talk to...but somehow I was not able to navigate it from my laptop at the time so I couldn't participate. It sounds like you've had some good AF time under your belt. Good for you! Happy to have you here with us!

Dottie-a sun roof....I miss having one in my Explorer. Excellent idea! I think part of your sadness may be the lack of sun, and too cold walk comfortably. The sunroof will bring much needed light to your sad heart. HUGS!

Liz-you and I had the same rumbly gut yesterday. Hope you feel better this morning!

K9-GREAT TO SEE YOU! Thank you for giving us an update on what's happening with you. I'm glad you're saving a ton of money, and your ribs are finally healing.

Big hellos to Nora, Pauly, Sunni, Bird, Skendall, and everyone else, have a happy Tuesday. I am driving to Michigan in a few hours for work this week. Nice area, right on Lake Michigan. :-) Back later.

Comment

You are right as usual Rusty. But the fact that someone liked the post made me even madder. Some things just don't change.
                    Have a fabulous day loves . Off to spend the day with an octogenarian that is a condo board president. Joy!!

Comment

Whoa! When I read that I just shrugged it off,but when Mama mentioned that someone"liked" it I went back and seen who it was, I'm surprised, she's usually so sweet?not sure what's up with her,anyways if you don't like what we post, don't read this thread!!! I for one am sober and have been but it's been one step at a time, last week it was one hour at a time but hell I made it through Dots, I love sunroofs too,however I didn't have any wrinkles back when I had one,not so sure I'd want to catch a glimpse of myself in the rearview mirror now it's from feckin smoking!gonna try the e-cig again, most of my smoking is habit anyways, Louie is so sick, poor baby I was gonna make his favorite tacos for dinner but he hasn't been eating,Kell's taking him to the doctor today, hello to all, let's kick Tuesdays ass!!
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning all,
                        Going to drop off the car then run some errands. Sun is out so there is hope for a nice day.
                        Back later.
                        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Morning all - quick check in......Back to the old grindstone. I just calculated that I have 10 years until I can retire and receive all the SS benefits. Don't know if I'll make it that long here. Still looking around though so hopefully will find something.
                          Just popped TTFP. LOL Tried to talk myself out of it but the SMART part of my brain took over. ROTFL

Rusty - you have the right attitude! Must be an unhappy person.

Catch you all later. Have a WONDERFUL DAY EVERYONE!!!!!!!!
                          Last edited by NoraC; April 28, 2015, 02:19 PM.
                          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hello campers! Just a quick note to say I hope all you luvvies are doing well.

I don't have anything too exciting to report - just keeping my head above the water work-wise, house-wise, life-wise etc... (but still not WISE-wise!)... My mum's been in the hospital and is now home - I'm having to set a plan in place for carers and we've made the sitting room into a bedsit type room so she doesn't need to go upstairs again. (It's a long story, but the medics had a hell of a job getting her out - it was traumatic for all concerned - so no more stairs now). My fur babies are doing well - I have a third one now, an orphan called Marley who joined the fur family last year. No major news at all though, just ticking along.

Dotts... Reccy told me about your husband and I'm REALLY sorry to hear it... I hope you're doing OK although it must be really rough for you... hugs hon... XXX

And I hope everyone else is doing well too... I think about you all often...

Take care all of you... BIG HUGS! Mwah!

Comment

thanks zen it is the worst thing that I have ever gone through but I am trying to keep moving and keep living in spite of it all.
                              I had a great day so far. Lunch with a friend then a really nice walk in a local park. The weather is in the mid 60's so that was perfect for a walk in the sun. The car dealer gave me a rental with a sun roof so I have been driving around all day with it open. I love the sun on my head and the wind in my hair....so glad I am getting one put in my car.
                              Off to the last grief group. I do feel like I am making progress whatever that means but I am not in the same state of mind I was 6 weeks ago. This is not to say that I dont still have screaming crying fits but they are not as often and I am more open to getting out and doing things. I can not sit here and rust. Just not my style at all.
                              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Zenny!!! So good to see you.
                                I am home and eating frozen . I am over my rant from this morning. It is what it is.
                                Sorry the baby is sick Pauly, and I am so darned proud of you Dots.
                                Hi Nora!!
                                Netflix and bed for this girl!

Comment

Working...
                                X