No announcement yet.

One Step at a time - April 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am home after three days away. I could not get internet access and it made me crazy. All I can say is "Let's keep swimming " from "Finding Nemo". The kids and I love that movie. I am all out of sorts from travelling and finding my way through the maze of Orlando.
    All is well here....just tired and my best friend and her hubs are getting divorced and she wants money. UGH. I have loaned her a lot and she keeps texting me....
    anyhoo...gonna eat and flop
    I am sorry I have not been around
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Good progress Dots.

Mama, you are just amazing.

Went to my home this week to clean out bookcases, etc. I was cleaning out the shelf where my picture always sat and the frame was empty, no big deal. As I searched along the shelf there was a picture of his Trollope and I handed it to him and he laughed and laughed.

She used him and dumped him, but I found his actions unspeakably cruel or mentally unstable.

He has the house, an affair, my personal clothing is missing and he is laughing!

This is a very difficult process.

Pauly great with the coconut oil, I am just using it to sautee with, any additional tips?

Thank you S.F. for that information, should I apply it to my skin and hair?
      Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Good Morning, Stepping Friends,

A cheery hello from Boston, where I am here for the weekend. My cousin's daughter is getting married and I am here with my aunt (my mom's youngest sis, who achieved 7 years of sobriety yesterday:welldone and my uncle. They just tolerate each other which is sad to see but I can't control it so I'm not worrying about it!!!! We actually had a lovely dinner last night and the wedding isn't until 6:30 PM, so we will have lunch with some of my other cousins in the area. My cousin (MOB) has put up with a lot of crap in her life. Her mother (my mom's other younger sis, Rusty) was a flaming alcoholic and a nasty one, too. When my cousin, M, graduated from nursing school, Aunt Rusty was too drunk to make it to graduation!! Every time we would fly to MA to visit my aunt and uncle and their 4 kids, my aunt was plowed. She was a mean drunk who forced her children to try and keep her secret. Of course, all of her siblings knew. They couldn't participate in school activities, and could not bring friends home after school. She passed away from cancer at 70, still not sober. When I offered my condolences to M's sister, Ann, Ann just said bluntly, "It was time." Miraculously, none of her children inherited her addiction. I am so glad all of us here are sober or are trying desperately to be sober and stay that way. Aunt Rusty didn't even try and her husband was the BIGGEST enabler because he liked his bourbon, too!! GRRRR. Rant over. Back to Cheerful Rusty. Hahahah

Spirit-I used to post on the Meds Forum quite often and followed your posts. Thanks for your info. on coconut oil and it's great to see you here with us.

Skendall...I can't imagine your pain, having to clear out the house with you finding the pic of your husband's fling and him laughing.:sad: Yes, unspeakably cruel. Well, the laugh's on him because she dumped him. I guess he wasn't that good...mentally or physically, right. Fool. What happened to your clothes?????:sad: Keep posting here...it's very therapeutic.

Dottie-you seem to be working through your grief in a logical, methodical way, even though it might not appear that way to you. Good for you for working THROUGH it instead of around it with AL.

Mama-you busy bee! All that training I am sure is paying off. Sorry to hear about your friend's divorce, and that you lended her money. Be careful with that, girlfriend....just sayin.'

Liz-I am so glad you were not seriously injured by the enraged patient who through a clipboard at you!! How frightening! So glad you get 5 days off. You have earned it!!!!

Pauly-I will try the coconut oil but not in my coffee! LOL. Are you working today?

Nora-please post pics from your trip when you have time. I forgot...where do you live (2nd request for that info. ;-) :-) )

Sunny-to answer your question, I am a manufacturing (not financial)quality auditor, trainer and consultant, and I own my own business, which is why I have traveled all over the world. Right now, I have over 60 clients and they are in the US and Canada. Yes, I do travel a lot, but it's a really good life. It gives me a lot of independence ;-).

Big hellos to Bird, Samstone, anybody I have missed...readers, lurkers, et al. Time to meet my sober aunt for breakfast!

Have a great Saturday, everyone!

Comment

Good morning. Cuddling with my Lucy. Typing one handed as she wants to be scratched.
          Did end up doing some spring cleaning yesterday. Took the king comforter to a laundromat. Washed the curtains. It smells so clean in here!
          Rusty, I love Boston and I love weddings! Have a wonderful time!
          Skendall, the laughing certainly is cruel. No remorse there, huh? How much longer to clean out? How are you holding up?
          Mama, I have missed you! Will things always be like this or is it just because your new?
          Thanks for the info on the coconut oil. Where does one find it?
          Not sure what I'm doing today. Check back later.

Comment

Morning all,
            Gloomy here and I just hate waking up alone and have gloomy weather...boohiss
            The weekends are the hardest. I gotta get a plan together so I a not sitting here brooding.
            Gym classes are really early so that is out and not sure what else I can find.....gotta be something out there ....
            May go to Kohls today and look for some bedding. I have a coupon to use before it expires. Hate doing that alone too. I think the fact that we spent 24X7 together makes this even worse now that I am totally alone...just a big smack in the face to look around and see nothing but empty space.
            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

good morning.....hubs woke me up at 10 with coffee and breakfast...sweet!
              SK - your ex sounds like a complete tool....very cruel....makes me mad to read how he is acting....grrrrr
              gonna clean a bit and run some errands and probably go out to dinner
              to be honest, I am not sure it will slow down at work...we will see...I love the environment and the people
              Lizz - your co-worker would not be paid for a sick day at the end of a vacation where I work...just sayin
              and yes, Rutsy, I know about loaning people money......won't happen again
              Dots - you are amazing...

Comment

I have not left the couch...maybe tomorrow I will shop....it is so gloomy I didn't even want to go out. Hate shopping alone.
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

I have not left the bed Dots. Tired and down myself. Gotta get moving and get in the shower. Love you

Comment

all dolled up for date night....going to Outback for steaks Pauly....I have a gift certificate!
                    Hope you are having fun in Boston,Rusty. I have never been there but would love to go.
                    Kisses to all...I am still so dog gone tired!

Comment

Mama, love outback! My hubby is from Australia and we just love it there. Read outside on my swing, planted some seeds and walked. A lovely afternoon. Good night my loves!

Comment

Sounds great Mama have fun Liz, sounds like a good day
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Mama and dots hoping your both feeling a little more up this morning! Mama, you feeling down about the new job? It does seem overwhelming from where I'm sitting. I worry about you. You looked relaxed and pretty in your picture last night. Dottie, have you been to church? Laying on the couch all day is in order sometimes. Whatever it takes to heal.
                          Woke up feeling weepy today. What's going on? Must be something in the air. I will pull myself together and go to church. Potluck today! Good old fashioned comfort food.
                          Rusty, I reread your post about the aunt. I just want to thank you for the part that says we are here trying! Such a simple statement but one I needed to hear today!
                          Anyway, I love you all! Thanks for being on this journey with me. Lol, I have got to pull myself together!:love:

Comment

Morning all,
                            No church yesterday or today. I didn't feel like going to the new church in the rain yesterday and I still cant go back to the old church. The old church was the US and it just hurts too much to look around and not see him there. I may never be able to go back.
                            Gotta find something to do today. Too depressing to sit here again today. The sun is out but cold so I may venture out.
                            Lunch tomorrow with one of the train fellows. He was friends with hubbs and I so guess that is OK..he is married and I have met his wife but I wont ask if she knows about the lunch.
                            Gym this week should help my mood too. I need a new workout buddy but no clue who what will be The weekday classes are good and I have friends there but they have their own lives. Sigh..he was such a HUGE part of my life....
                            I will figure this out...I hope.....
                            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Aww Dots, if I lived closer I'd be your exercisebuddy keep trying to get Kell to be mine but she's a lazy ass haha, it rained for 4 hours straight last night, now the sky is nice and clear been eating like a pig these past few weeks, it's like cuz I couldn't eat when I was sick, I'm making up for lost time, its getting gross and kinda messes with my head,like I feel like I'm not practicing self-care ho-hum, try to get back on track this week, hope everyone has a lovely Sunday
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I guess I was down about how much I am working. Hubs is fussing but what is the alternative? Quit? I don't think so. Anyway, worked in the yard and about passed out from the darn heat!
                                Tomorrow is a new day, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X