No announcement yet.

One Step at a time - April 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

home after a 12 hour day and leaving in the morning for Orlando for three days
    I love this new job but I hope the insanity stops soon
    Nora - I love it when you visit your Mom coz you sound happy. Good for you and K9 and Pauly and Sun for taking the AB.
    Dottie - I am glad the house sold. It's time to start the next chapter in your life
    gonna eat and watch some Netflix and go to bed early
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Mama - hang in there!!!! You are a rock star!!!!

The verdict was a hung jury. I talked to my co-juror today. I wish that everyone would have found him innocent but I'm so grateful that half of them were with me ......
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Morning love bugs..out the door
        Sorry about the hung jury Nora.....I could SO make an inappropriate comment here.....
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hey all,Mama, you are defo superwoman atm,forgot to comment on the pic on FB,you look fab looks like you lost weight? Nora,you're sounding good, think you needed to get away for a bit,are you TTFP? I hope so,Dots, congrats on selling the house, I think it's wonderful that the new family will build some lovely memories in it,good job on 11 days now K9 I need to lose my shitty attitude, I've been such a bear think just too much health wise went on all in a row and of course my gay period does NOT help!!!!! It always makes me feel crazy, hi Sunni, Liz,let's make it a great Tuesday
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Grief counseling tonight. Just 2 more weeks and this session will be over and not start again until fall.
            Dad fell again last night. They called me about 9pm. Didnt have to go to the hospital thankfully. He pulled his TV off the table and on to him. He pulled the cable line out of the back of the TV. I am not replacing it. They will encourage him to come out and join everyone in the activity room. We shall see how that goes.
            Now that the big items are off my list what shall I do now???? When I sit home alone I get really depressed and sad. So I have to get going. I plan to start back to my volunteering first Tuesday in May but that is all I have so far. Looking around.
            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Hey guys. My coworker called in sick today, after ten days vacation, just like the last time in January? Seriously? They called me before 5am. Another 10+ hour day! I'm exhausted. My supervisor was not happy either. Whatever, she will be back tomorrow as her "cough" is better!
              Sorry about the mood Pauly, I'm a little bitchy these days too.
              Dottie, glad you have another meeting tonight. Are they helpful?
              Well off to my meeting, check back later.

Comment

Liz I dont know if they groups are helpful or not but it gets me out of the house to be with folks who understand how I feel and what I am going through so from that perspective they are helping. Next week is the last one until fall. I think I will join a different group. She has one earlier in the day that might work better for my schedule.

Why is this thread so quiet??? Where is everyone????
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Dottie glad the meeting went well and that you got out. I don't really like to go out at night if I'm working, but in guess that's just me. 4:30 am wake up call again! Ann called in sick again. Another long very busy day for me, ugh! Maybe I need to wake up grateful that I have a job? Have a good one guys.

Comment

Morning everyone!

Nora - good to see you here and glad that you are having a great time at your mums - well as great as you can - you know what I mean! Sorry about the trial - what a pain for you. I thought you still got paid when you were on jury duty ..... I know the courts pay you a pittance but thought the company was supposed to pay you. I had totally forgotten 'A Man Called Ove' ... yes it was a good book - and I go to UK on 10th May. I am looking forward to it too....

Hi Liz - sorry about having to work again - I know our company would take a very dim view of someone who went sick straight from vacation...again ! But yes - it is good that you have a job !!

Dottie - glad the house was all sorted - that is one thing off your list at least...... and I am with Liz - do not like going out at night anymore unless I have to for work or something. But it is good that the meetings help you. I would much prefer one earlier in the day!!

MB - you are being worn to a frazzle ! I hope it is worth it and that you are enjoying it?

Pauly - sorry that you are feeling in such a bad mood in general - hormones don't help though do they? Is work going okay?

K9 - good for you TTDP - I didn't yesterday but will again today !! Because I take such a teeny amount of it, I need to take it daily if I am not to drink .....

Anyway I have missed - sorry - have a good day everyone,

hugs, Sun xxx
                    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Good Morning, Stepping Friends,

I went right from my vacation...where I tried very hard to stay OFF my computer and phone...into work full force...long days at clients' sites, coupled with long commutes every day....made it difficult to post the way I wanted to. I apologize for not popping in to just say hello! I was waiting for a significant block of time and privacy to be able to address everyone on here.:love:

Dottie-I think the thread is so quiet because we all suddenly got crazy busy again. Mama's studying hard in Orlando and needs to stay focused. Nora was on jury duty and couldn't get away. K9's been moving and catch up on her work. I know at this sad time in your life you probably REALLY need the company of us chatty ones here, and I promise to be better at posting.:hug: Sorry to hear that your dad fell, but I'm proud of you for setting boundaries for yourself and not charging up to the nursing home. I hope your grief support group brought you some comfort tonight.

Mama-I bet you are studying hard and learning a lot.

Sunni-good luck with the closing!

Nora-A hung jury...WOW! I know you are relieved. That sucks that you didn't get paid...you should have for those two weeks!!:sad: Where are you in Oregon? My sis-in-law is from Portland and both my sister and brother went to the U of O in Eugene.

Liz-why don't they fire that woman who calls in sick every time she comes back from vacation? Not right at all!!

K9-great job on taking the AB!

Sunni-good luck at the closing today! I bet you can't wait for May 10 to get here!

I am working at home today and tomorrow. Today the electrician is coming to hang my new crystal chandelier and two new chandelier light fixtures. I am excited. Then, my closest friends are coming for a visit. :-)

Ok, off to the gym. Have a lovely Hump Day, everyone!

Comment

It will be 2 months tomorrow that my life was forever changed. I dont know if I am making progress or not. I am so sad and angry that everything we worked for so we could be together is never going to happen. I am trying to do things to fill my days and nights so it wont be so bad but it is so bad......I cant stop crying today.....I hate this....
                        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Dottie:hug::hug:Could you ask your good friend to come and visit for a little while?

Comment

(((((((((((((((((((dottie))))))))))))))))))))))))) ))))))
                            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

((((Hugs, Dottie)))). Will you have someone stay with you? I do think you are making progress. Just keep taking it one day at a time.
                              So I got called at 4:30 this morning to fill in again, after Ann said she would be in today. What really ticks me off is that she was posting links all over fb today, but she can't come to work! I was "assaulted" by a patient at work today! He threw a clipboard and pen at me. He was screaming at a patients family member for using her cell phone in the waiting and literally just went ballistic! I called security. That's how my day started. Really scary.
                              Erin came by tonight and we tried planning our Switzerland trip. Didn't get to far. Buthe airfare did go down since last week:happy2: I will go to the library and AAA to do more research tomorrow. Just tired tonight. Hope you guys are all doing ok. Sweet dreams.

Comment

I have grief counselor then gym then a church group until 9pm. So I am hoping I will be very tired by then and maybe have a good cry and go to bed. Gym again on Friday. I get so depressed sitting here alone all day so I MUST not do that every day.
                                I have no pattern to my day yet. Just floundering around.
                                My police class was good tonight. Talked about the canine police dogs and we got to meet one. They did a demo and he found drugs on a car. And they showed us a police traffic stop and what we should and shouldn't do. Very good info but i hope I never get stopped for speeding...I do have a lead foot....
                                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Working...
                                X