No announcement yet.

One Step at a time - April 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Morning ! I too have a lead foot Dottie ..... but touch wood, have only been stopped for speeding once - that was at 7.15 on a Saturday morning - I was doing 43 in a 35 !!! And it was a rookie that stopped me - his first stop so he HAD to give me a ticket - I was so upset - my perfect record ruined !

Liz - gosh that sounds awful about that patient throwing his toys out of the pram - what set him off? Does it happen often where you work ? Poor you - that would have reduced me to a blubbering wreck!

Hi Rusty - good to see you as usual. You always sound so busy! Have you ever told us what you do ? can you do that on here without compromising your identity ? (LOL) The closing is actually this morning -the walk through was yesterday but that was a joke - the people are still there - most of their furniture is still there, the house is totally trashed - it was really upsetting. We could not have the walk through - there is no way that house is going to be cleaned in any way shape or form! REALLY sad - both hubs and I were so ticked. Walk through is this morning now before the closing but we cannot complain about the house not being cleaned! I just do not know why the other people left it 'til the last minute - the house they are buying is empty !! So it wasn't as if they couldn't start sorting stuff!

Hi MB, K9 and Pauly - hope all is well with you. Nora - good to see you too - how are things going with your mum? How long are you there for ?

Have a great day everyone, hugs, Sun xx
    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Good morning guys. Sunny, as usual you are so good about keeping up with everyone! No that doesn't usually happen at work. It's the 2nd time in 13 years. The guy was set off by someone talking on her cell phone. He was truly crazy, probably unable to take his meds that morning plus the aniexty of having a procedure. I have a bruise on my arm, but what's really scary is that there are people out there that can just snap like that!
      Dottie, thinking of you today. I was listening to the radio on my way home yesterday and I thought of you. Physiologist Dr Laura was on and she was talking to some who was having trouble moving on after a failed relationship. Unfortunately, she said what you are dealing with is normal grieving process, no way around it. It's so sad to see you so sad. Is there something you can do to take care of you today? A nice meal from a favorite resturant, a manicure, a trip to the mall? Just know that I am thinking of you today, sending you hugs.
      Happy Thursday, I'll check back later

Comment

Hey all, Sunni, what a bunch of pigs! Is that the house you're buying? I'd be furious, Dots, the cop class sounds cool Liz, sounds like a shitty day, I HATE those days just want to go home!not much going on in my world, still TTFP,thank God for it cuz there's times in these past few weeks I'm sure I would have drank, just need a good solid ground layed down and antabuse is helping me lay it hope everyone has a nice Thursday, back later gators
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning all,
          Liz I have things lined up for today i hope. I cant let the 23rd of every month ruin me forever. He would NOT have wanted that for me.
          Grief counselor, gym then study group from the new church. It does feel a little strange going to a new church but if this is going to be a new chapter it has to include new things. Scary as it is I think I need this.
          Sun is out but cold. I had to turn the heat back on...boohiss.....
          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Dottie, you go girl!

Comment

Dang I admire you Dots! ugh,put too much coconut oil in my coffee it's making me nauseous, this thread is so quiet lately, was looking like rain earlier but now it's all sunny,weird bipolar Vegas weather, hope everyone is well

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I survived today and tonight so far. Going to watch some TV and go to bed. New group was nice but all couples so not sure but may go back....
                Tomorrow I am going to the gym and hit Costco. Not sure after that.
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Glad you made it through today, Dottie!
                  Ran today, did some laundry. Went to the library to look up some books for our trip to Europe this summer. I enjoyed the library so much, haven't been there in forever. It was so peaceful. Anyway, went to Whole Foods and got some healthy stuff to eat. Yes, this clean eating is paying off. CJ lost 4 1/2 lbs in less than a week. She's still young, so it falls off of her! Spoke to my SIL forever this afternoon! She lives two hours away so we had a lot of catching up to do. We hope to plan a. Little getaway with them soon. Just a lovely relaxing day, even though the weather wasn't great.
                  Called work today and I get my five day weekend after all. I'm excited to have a Friday off.
                  Have a good night guys!

Comment

Pauly, coconut oil in coffee? Do you do it for health reasons or just cause you like it?

Comment

Happy Friday! Where is everyone?

Comment

Health reasons and I like the taste Liz coconut oil is supposed to be a good energy source, an antifungal, good fat for the brain, a liver cleaner,etc,who knows if any of the claims of any thing are true, but it can't hurt hope everyone has a nice Friday

Comment

Morning all,
                          Sun is out and might be a little warmer today.
                          Off to the gym to use up the personal training sessions we bought. I will try to use the 18 that are left. I tried to use them up before but it was just too darn hard to go there without him but I am going to try again. He would not want me to waste them. Too expensive not to use. sigh
                          Costco later then no clue what i will do tonight. Friday and Saturday nights are the worst for being alone.
                          Too quiet here again...
                          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Waaay too quiet Dots!

Comment

Completed my errands and was able to walk around Costco without crying...making progress I guess.
                              Staying in tonight and watching my fav TV shows.
                              Tomorrow church and going to a what is called a "meetup" event at a local restaurant. It is not a date kind of thing rather like minded folks sharing dinner...NO clue what this will be like but it will get me out of the house. Supposed to be a group of baby boomer aged folks....I will give a full report.
                              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Originally posted by Lizann View Post
                                Pauly, coconut oil in coffee? Do you do it for health reasons or just cause you like it?
                                Coconut Oil -A huge healthy product:

1. Coconut Oil Contains a Unique Combination of Fatty Acids With Powerful Medicinal Properties
                                2. Populations That Eat a LOT of Coconut Are Among The Healthiest People on The Planet
                                3. Coconut Oil Can Increase Your Energy Expenditure, Helping You Burn More Fat
                                4. The Lauric Acid in Coconut Oil Can Kill Bacteria, Viruses and Fungi, Helping to Stave Off Infections
                                5. Coconut Oil Can Kill Your Hunger, Making You Eat Less Without Even Trying
                                6. The Fatty Acids in Coconut Oil Are Turned into Ketones, Which Can Reduce Seizures
                                7. Coconut Oil Can Improve Blood Cholesterol Levels and May Lower Your Risk of Heart Disease
                                8. Coconut Oil Can Protect Hair Against Damage, Moisturize Skin and Function as Sunscreen (helps with my near bald head)
                                9. The Fatty Acids in Coconut Oil Can Boost Brain Function in Alzheimer’s Patients
                                10. Coconut Oil Can Help You Lose Fat, Especially The Dangerous Fat in Your Abdominal Cavity

These are facts -not theories.

--sf--
                                Last edited by Spiritfree; April 24, 2015, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X