• Show
Clear All

I'm here....I'm here.
    I'll take another 24 please.

How you doing Bri?
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

5:28 a.m in Vegas another 24 please and something healthy to go with my coffee,ate too much junk all weekend sheesh
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hey Nora and Pauly ~
        I'm doing well! Still going strong and keeping busy. Lots on the go. Which I guess is always a good thing when you're keeping busy.

This is the first morning in a long while where I thought of alcohol. Usually I think of it when the witching hour approaches (5-6pm). But I'm not going to lie when I say that I used to wake and drink too. Usually I would wake up with a hangover. And to get rid of it I would have a beer or two. Always hiding it.
        Ugh. In retrospect, it's absolutely disgusting....but there was a pang of yearning for that for the most brief millisecond that is scared me.

How about a Clif bar, Pauly? Coconut and chocolate. It's relatively healthy...I think. Lol. Either way. I had one and have an extra one.

Hope everyone is doing well.
        8:39am in Toronto. Another 24 please.

Comment

How are you guys doing by the way??

Comment

Hey Bri - glad you're doing well. Isn't it strange how random it is when you get a thought? Something triggers the thought.

I saw my son putting a couple of bottles of wine in the freezer last night. That looked tempting. But, I went out with coworkers Friday night for a farewell party. No problem not drinking. I had a Virgin Mary, an ice tea and water. Didn't look tempting at all.

Another 24 please.

And a dang Diet Coke - (Pauly - I am going to stop, really!)
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

5:30 am in 75 degree,crazy February weather Vegas!! Another 24 please Bri,I'm fine,still sober,mostly happy,just living ya know? Glad you're doing well

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

5:10 am another 24 porfavor

Comment

:bumpit: Bri - hope you don't mind the bump.

I've missed having a place to meet up........so, I thought I'd open up the cafe :anyone:

I've brought in a plate full of cookies so grab a seat.

Things going ok here in California. Have had some beautiful sunsets recently.
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hank is always here! He's a dog-lover if ever there was one!
                    Bri, you're a dear for keeping the cafe open! It's as warm and as welcoming as it ever was!
                    "Don't be ashamed of your story. It will inspire others".
                    “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Nora, did you say cookies?!?

My favorite treat this past week was an ice cream sandwich made with two chocolate chip cookies.
                      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Oh yum. Those cookie ice-cream sandwiches sound wonderful!
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Oh I'll have some cookies!!
                          I also brought over some piping hot apple crisp with caramel drizzle.
                          I got a pot of coffee on as well. Despite it being hot out. The AC is cranked...so hot drinks is okay in my books.
                          Welcome back everyone. And thanks for the bump Nora!

Comment

Great to see you, Bri.! What's going on with you?
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

5:05 am,another 24 please and some decaf

Comment

Decaf? Coming right up.

Going to be a long, busy day. Have a great one!
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X