X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: September Army!!!

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
    Really? I must read up.

This weekend something very exciting happened ....I bought a TEFAL cook4me pressure cooker. A NEW GADGET PEOPLE!!!
    I will be boring you senseless on this one for weeks...
    Sorry, got to get my jollies where I can these days...
    I am rather in awe of persons with a pressure cooker as they scare the wits out of me.

Found the doors we both agree on without having a scrap in the car-park........now begins the long haul of finding someone fit the beggars.

Going early to the Kynren as they have Vikings with hammers and stuff.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening folks��

Hope all are well?

Glad ye survived first week D'Arsey :thumbsup:

Busy day by sounds of it for you Jacks. My extreme claim to fame.....Tom Hardy is a past pupil of the school my baby bro teaches at. EDIT: it wasn't Tom Hardy but Tom Holland - not good with names me!

Good luck with pressure cooker Bridget- have fun! Do tell us what you be cooking up !

Hey to everyone else

Been a busy, tiring week in my world. Feeling totally wiped out and need to be ready for it all to kick off again Monday.

Heard sad news yesterday about a past colleague of mine. Has been sober for 20 years, big advocate of AA. He turned his life around and went from down and out to working as a health care assistant then trained to be a nurse. Well, he has been suspended from work and has a court summons next week for taking codeine off the ward. If he is prosecuted that's his whole career plus more no doubt down the drain. My heart is breaking for him. I always admired his honesty about his history and how he overcame it all.
      Last edited by sweetpea29; September 15, 2018, 04:51 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=18312]sweetpea29[/MENTION]...........that is just so sad. Its one of those time you wish you could climb inside a person's brain to try and understand why he needed to take such drastic measures.

I'll tell you all about Kynran tomorrow, just wanted to say it was an incredible show.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning everyone. Lovely to wake up sober and hangover free on a Sunday, but still feel tired I am off to pick up a 20 year old lad training for his first marathon and take him on a long run, I am knackered at thought of trying to keep up with a youngster like him.
          So sad to hear about your past colleague Sweetie, I hope he gets away with a warning.
          Glad your first week is over with the little sprogs R.C. I got the book you recommended on my Kindle--it is an excellent read and really thought provoking.
          Love my pressure cooker Bridge, it saves hours of cooking time--even take it on camping trips.
          Hi JC, Molly and the rest of youse

Comment

Good morning everyone. That young fella should be inspired being taken out by you Brit. Unhungover Sunday mornings are the best. Sorry about your colleague Sweetie, hope it all works out. Went to see Black 47 last night, any of you Irish ladies been? Quite enjoyed it, they injected a bit of humor which stopped it being too dark. It’s about the famine in Ireland. Then stopped off for something to eat so nice evening out. I’m off to the Ploughing championship with my crochet group during the week. Have never been so looking forward to it. (Festival for farmers which originated with ploughing championship but has become huge, thousands go to it). Lots of fun stuff to do that does not involve the pub and drinking. Nothing much planned for today except a walk with the doggies. Went on a new walk yesterday with a friend and had coffee afterwards.

Comment

Evening morning all,
              That's pretty confronting Pea woman. Personally I don't see the big deal about codeine. It was over the counter until recently here. I've never seen the attraction but then others do so.... Maybe it was Forte. In any case I feel for the poor bugger.

Where are you Starty?
              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning from the blustery NE of England.
                Gone croakier than a frog again and where my flu jab was injected is as sore a fuckiery. Feels like a sledgehammer was used instead of a teeny weeny needle.

@ rustop59.............I never thought I'd see the day that a ploughing contest would sound appealing but I'm a tad jealous.

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION].........inspiring the young 'uns.........fantastic.

Still can't get over how incredible the Kynren was.......took us right from Boudicca to the present day in 90 minutes. The special effects were incredible and I more or less sobbed through a great mining distaster we had up here in the NE of England. Its so hard to describe but we'll go back again.

Very short but good......Kynren 218 Trailer - YouTube

Found a longer one.......Kynren 217 Outdoor Multimedia Show with Fireworks - YouTube

Today begins the big de-cluttering of JC mansions. I'm going to have to be brutal or we're going to end up on one of those programmes about hoarders.
                Last edited by JackieClaire; September 16, 2018, 05:15 AM.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning all - well, nearly afternoon, but it is Sunday.
                  [MENTION=18312]sweetpea29[/MENTION] - that's really very sad to hear about someone who has fought so hard to get their livelihood only to nearly lose it. Genuinely gut wrenching by the sounds of it. :hug:
                  [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION] - good run with the young 'un? What was the book i recommended again?
                  [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] - ribbit. It's Sunday, so I hopes it's simply day of rest for you :hug:. Glad you enjoyed the Kynren!

About to stuff left over pizza in ma gob and then head out to an afternoon of rehearsals. So i'll be seeing yis a bit later on.

Starty - yes, where is she at, Bridgey? And Tabbers too...

Have a good day a'body.

Comment

Originally posted by RunningCourage View Post

Starty - yes, where is she at, Bridgey? And Tabbers too...
                    I didn't do anything...
                    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                      Still can't get over how incredible the Kynren was.......took us right from Boudicca to the present day in 90 minutes. The special effects were incredible and I more or less sobbed through a great mining distaster we had up here in the NE of England. Its so hard to describe but we'll go back again.
                      Tell you what, those people can ride those horses. Looks amazing.
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Afternoon folks - up to my earholes in grandchildren Think I need a holiday ;-) ach it's great to see them - bit bollixed tho - talk later when it's quieter!!
                        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

RC the book you suggested/recommended--The Unexpected joy of being sober by Catherine Grey-- I needed to remind myself of why it is best not to fall off that wagon.
                          Managed to find more people to run with us--Just as well as I only managed 12 of the miles. The young man who is very tall, dark and handsome was asked if he was my grandson --I wish! I heard him say--I was thrilled Ha ha.
                          Off to my real grandsons birthday celebration as it has been brought forward as it should be when Mr A is having his 2nd Chemo on Wednesday.
                          All well here in Whizzys house!

Comment

Poking me head in for a minute........watching Millionaire Mega Pound Mega Yachts. :egad:

Bit of dinner, wee snooze and then The Bodyguard.

Welcome home, Molls.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening folks

How goes the de-cluttering Jacks? Is the skip full yet?

MrsA good job on the run, sweet about the young man wishing you were his Granny! How does MrA feel after last chemo?

Rustop thanks for mentioning that film -must make point of going to see. Have you seen the 'Coming Home' art exhibition yet? Hoping to see it when it comes to Derry. Enjoy the ploughing championships-seem to be getting bigger each year!

Yo Bridgey have ya tried yer new gadget out yet?

Re my colleague, yeah it is harsh, don't know a nurse who hasn't taken something at one time or another, but our employer- (huge health trust) take no prisoners- view this as fraud. Know of a few nurses over the years have been prosecuted and lost their registrations. Horrible altogether

Yo D'Arsey, how did the rehearsals go? Everybody shaping up?

Welcome home Molls x when are ye back to work?

Waves to everybody else

Comment

Ah lovely to see you Sweetie-- Mr A is doing great but chemo is cumulative (sp) so may not be so wonderful further on with his treatment.
                                Re nurses taking stuff (drugs) home I can remember taking mandrax home after night duty --slept well we had no checks on those drugs then. I would have been appalled if I had realised the danger.
                                Waiting to be confused by Bodyguard!
                                Night night all you lovely army lot

Comment

Working...
                                X