Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: September Army!!!

Originally posted by RunningCourage View Post
    Did the skip arrive [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] (did ya sit on the bog?!)
    It did.............just as the old settee and big chair went off the welcoming rumble of the skip was heard coming round the corner..........and the fecker's nearly full and we haven't started on the loft and the wee front bedroom.

Painter's here tomorrow just to do the skirting boards as the carpets coming in the afternoon.....I'm outta the house in the morning getting my hair done and generally keeping out of the way.

Sorry about the heat in the curry, went a bit wild with the curry paste and the chillies.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
      It did.............just as the old settee and big chair went off the welcoming rumble of the skip was heard coming round the corner..........and the fecker's nearly full and we haven't started on the loft and the wee front bedroom.

Painter's here tomorrow just to do the skirting boards as the carpets coming in the afternoon.....I'm outta the house in the morning getting my hair done and generally keeping out of the way.

Sorry about the heat in the curry, went a bit wild with the curry paste and the chillies.
      Heat? See me sweat -

Funny-Sweat-Man-Gif.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by RunningCourage View Post
        Heat? See me sweat -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4414[/ATTACH]
        How do I get a gif file to move and no just be a still image?!

Comment

Skip, painting, carpets AND getting your hair done! This is starting to sound suspicious JC!

No idea about the gif Arsey.. Whats was for dinner? How are things going on that other site by the way?

Were you happy with the dinners [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]??
          Im probably just getting bored cooking the same grub week in week out. Always said Id never do that, but the days of perusing recipe books are gone. Unless its for cake, I always seem to find time for that...
          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning peeps,

Bejeezus it's wet. Rain bucketing down. Cycle or not to work?
            [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] - dinner tonight is left over's in the fridge - connection of roast beetroot and random veg with a barrel of goats cheese and lentils. May throw some chips in for good measure. The other site is good, quite different from here and different formats, but it's good to read and hear others who have gone/going through similar. I mentioned this a few weeks ago, but what I've found interesting about AL over the last 5 weeks is how little I've thought about it - even the AL aisle in supermarkets; even Fri/Sat nights. Not much of a thought at all. It's as if my focus has shifted. Now, this is not to become laid back about the whole thing - I spent many years abusing AL, so know it's a place I have been and could go again - but it's interesting reflecting how obsessive thoughts or fears about not having a drink have disappeared this last wee while. However, to keep myself accountable, and because i value this site - and particularly this thread and the peeps on it - I want to stay here. It's like a home base.

Off to check if there's less rain...

Comment

Morning RC and all to come. Please don’t send the rain this way. Managed to get walk in but it’s threatening. Hope you still enjoying the skip JC. Waves to everyone else, got to run.

Comment

Just a quick wave............painters are here.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Just waiting for a friend to arrive for us to go out for a walk/run. Weather turning nasty here so hopefully will be ok for next few hours.
                  Mr A gone fishing as he wants to properly enjoy it before his next treatment tomorrow.
                  Just checked my blood pressure and it is back to normal--It went sky high when I fell off the wagon so god knows what else the drink does to our systems. Although I did still run my times dropped and I stopped enjoying the training as I always felt off colour and out of sorts.
                  Big wave to everyone!!

Comment

Morning all! back to busy living here - I'd forgotten all the shit that needs doing! quite nice achully - holidays are great - but can't imagine what sort of a sloth I'd be if I did nothing!!
                    beautiful sunny blowy morning here... can't believe we came home to it still warm - thought I'd be nestling down at the fire with big duvets!
                    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

You'd get used to it, Molls. It is warm and we've got a lovely gentle breeze..

Painter just did the skirting boards and Bess has managed to get dog hair stuck on it in two places..........don't think the van had got out of the street.

Mr JC and the bloke next door were taking the big cupboard out at the bottom of the stairs so I went and got my hair done. Eyebrows tomorrow.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening quiet ones (or are yis all watching Bake Off?! :haha

Just handed in job application - for the job i'm doing - interviews probably week after next.

Bess painting herself, JC?! Am sure dog strands on walls might become a new look... (ok, maybe not!)

Big night night waves to you all, must get me winks in.

Comment

Evening,
                          Good for you on the booze RC. Are you getting a handle on the food? I know its not as straightforward, you cant just give it up!
                          JC, you and your house must be gorgeous!! Welcome home Molls..
                          [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION], I started running when I was still drinking. Awful. I purposely tortured myself.

Hows was the Ploughing [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]?

Wondering where [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION] has got to? She was here nearly every day, then stopped

Nothing interesting here, I'll have to start making stuff up!

Night X
                          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]............my house is a fecking tip....we can't find anything....we were bickering........luckily we don't have any piers up in the north-east or I'd have chucked myself off with a smile on my face.

Fortunately, before any blood-bath happens we've decided to take Thursday off and just go up the coast and decided the shagging loft can wait 'til next year.

Still got a voice like a frog that's swallowed a cheese grater. So when I do get a bit cross shouting's out as its more of a red-faced squeak.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I'll do the book-ends thing...........

Hop you all have a more than half decent day.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning Army family-Hope you are feeling better Jackie--Isn't it great to declutter and get new carpets and paintwork done etc. Well I suppose it is great when it is done!
                                Are you back at work Molly?
                                Hope the job application showed how fab you are RC and the interview goes well next week.
                                Mary did you also feel dreadful when you were running with a hangover? I used to get half way through a training run and start feeling great again (unhungover) and would promise myself a reward of just one drink and one drink always led to another.
                                This morning I locked myself in the porch and could not get out of the house or back in Mr A was in the garden and could not hear me I was trapped for an hour, when he rescued me he thought it was hilarious and I am now so angry with him for laughing but cannot show the full extent of my anger as I am about to take him to hospital for his chemo-- If anything could drive me to drink!! (I won't)

Comment

Working...
                                X