September Army!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: September Army!!!

Evening all. Ali has blown over here too. Few things blown over in garden but no real damage done. Work was fine and had power all day. Daughter and boyfriend flew out of Dublin this morning and flight went on time. They were lucky. Poor people who lost their lives. Sorry about your lock out Brit, bet you glad chemo session over. Enjoy the new carpet JC, love the new clean smell when you do that type of work. Enjoy your free evening RC. You have to be in the humor Sweetie for a clean out, takes me a while to get started but feels great when you do. Ploughing cancelled today but we are going tomorrow, another early start so better hit the leaba.

Comment

Hi rusters yup so sad those deaths - shocking footage of the Ryanair flight that was within inches of landing and had to go up again cos of the storm id have been shitting myself!! Love new floors Jackie - nice one!
      Night all xx
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

hello,
        We camped at that campsite in Galway last year (where the womans caravan went over a cliff) - fabulous spot, but so exposed. I'll never forget the wind, and it wasnt particularly windy anywhere else.

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
        Storm Ali reeked havoc over here too - no power at work (yup back at work Whizzy) - pointless being there - just caused trouble to us and the comer-inners cos there was nothing we could do for anyone - no internet, no Wi-Fi - no phones - nothing - dog tired and chaos to face tomorrow! !
        Could they not maybe.. read??

Think we escaped the worst of Ali too.

Mr Whizy is leaving you hanging all day [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]! Thats another session in the bag now.
        Yep, I regularly ran hung over too, Id be a wreck, but would run through it cos Id be so annoyed with myself. Of course Id reward myself with just the one..bottle, then just the one, other bottle :hopelessness:
        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
          The carpet is down and its all bouncy and new. When they were laying it I took a quick peek and nearly had a kitten at this horrible red mottled roll of carpet.........PTL it was just the underlay. I'll be opening a sweep to see who's the first one to drop something on it. Odds are that it'll be me.
          Hello magazine will be round soon to photograph you on your new bed on your new carpet with your new hair
          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
            hello,

Could they not maybe.. read??
            :
            Hmmm seems to be a generational thing - few young people seem to read - kids do - old people do - nobody between 15 and 40 seems to want anything but technology - sad!!
            Morning

Comment

Morning lovelinesses,

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
              Hello magazine will be round soon to photograph you on your new bed on your new carpet with your new hair
              And me great big red nose.........I've got a stinker of a cold.

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
              Hmmm seems to be a generational thing - few young people seem to read - kids do - old people do - nobody between 15 and 40 seems to want anything but technology - sad!!
              Morning
              It is sad.......can only be put down to technology.

Today is the day we are doing nothing with the house. How anyone can do a complete refurb that takes eons is beyond me. We were definitely getting cranky.

We're going to IKEA and then the world's our oyster.
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning all - we're back despite storms etc
                Had a lovely week where we met up later on in week with my SIL ( nice one) and her controlling husband but I chose not to let that bother me.
                Ate, slept & read read read .
                Beautiful 'rustic' Greek village. No airs or graces. I LOVE the Greeks.
                We have a new friend in Kosmas - ate here a lot.
                There was - wait for it - in Chania on our stay over - an honesty bar :egad:
                Help yourself to any drinks & snacks downstairs in the fully stocked bar in the lobby and just tell them when checking out what you had.
                Tell me again why I stopped drinking ?

Only joking - the hold drink has on people was only amplified on holidays.
                My BIL "I don't drink during the day " - but would start at 6 and continue till 2am
                They would have a lovely meal and be nicely tired but then start talking about getting a second wind and carrying on till 1.30. I just went to bed when I was tired.

Comment

Welcome home missus - delighted you enjoyed it! - can you settle home for a few days or are you straight back to work? speaking of which - I'm orf to earn a crust! talk laterXX

Comment

Welcome home Doc - glad you had a good time and that taverna makes me hungry for ... well, anything really!

Quick breeze in cos was suppose to be at dentists, but got stuck in traffic so called to say i'd be there but may be 5 mins late. "What time is your appt?" they asked. "3.45" I said. "No, nothing then... oh, you're down fro 3.15..." she said. I said, "eh, no it's 3.45, always has been, cos I live miles away and the very earliest i can be there is for 3.45." "Yes, but," she said, "we changed it when you did not reply to our text earlier this month."

And i'm like, furious - I never heard of that, I thought when you made an appt, you made an appt and that was the time you had to come see yer doc or dentist. But now, now it appears they send warning texts saying you need to confirm (wasn't it confirmed when I booked the appt?!) and I'm shit at reading texts. But I just checked - and all i got was a text, not even to confirm, but just to say it was to be at 3.15. OK, so i should read texts closer next time, but i'm still pissed that I had to leave school pronto leaving clearing up to my stage partner - not even time to go back to school as I'm now off to class and rep's. :rant:

Back laters -

Comment

Welcome home Doc - glad you had a good time and that taverna makes me hungry for ... well, anything really!

Quick breeze in cos was suppose to be at dentists, but got stuck in traffic so called to say i'd be there but may be 5 mins late. "What time is your appt?" they asked. "3.45" I said. "No, nothing then... oh, you're down fro 3.15..." she said. I said, "eh, no it's 3.45, always has been, cos I live miles away and the very earliest i can be there is for 3.45." "Yes, but," she said, "we changed it when you did not reply to our text earlier this month."

And i'm like, furious - I never heard of that, I thought when you made an appt, you made an appt and that was the time you had to come see yer doc or dentist. But now, now it appears they send warning texts saying you need to confirm (wasn't it confirmed when I booked the appt?!) and I'm shit at reading texts. But I just checked - and all i got was a text, not even to confirm, but just to say it was to be at 3.15. OK, so i should read texts closer next time, but i'm still pissed that I had to leave school pronto leaving clearing up to my stage partner - not even time to go back to school as I'm now off to class and rep's. :rant:

Back laters -

Comment

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].......welcome home, darling. Years ago the bank I worked for had a training centre with an honesty bar and they never failed to turn a profit.......turned out the more people drank and got drunk the more generous they became.

[MENTION=18049]RunningCourage[/MENTION].........I just get a reminder text from my dentist........one of those with a no reply option so I can't confirm. They've rung me a couple of times to either ask if I can change my appointment and once when my dentist was off sick.

A miracle happened this afternoon.........Mr JC bought jeans, nice trousers, a couple of shirts and a jumper.......he reckons that should see him through for the next decade. :egad:

Off to bed........meeting my pal for coffee tomorrow.
                        Last edited by JackieClaire; September 20, 2018, 03:40 PM.
                        It could be worse, I could be filing.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening all.
                          JC bed at 9.30 - HOW you've changed :egad:

Well came home to the same SHITE with YS.
                          Yesterday was his birthday - he spent it alone. He has no friends , GF, his sister has no time for bullshit, so only us left and even that is tenuous at this stage. I HATE coming home not knowing what state he'll be in.

He started the same old drivel drink talk of how he'll change and how hard it is and how we're great parents ... yada yada yada .....
                          I just told him to go away and come back when he is sober - 'cos I'm just not interested any more.
                          Last edited by satz123; September 20, 2018, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Good morning everyone. Had a smashing day at the ploughing yesterday. Great company, lots of laughs and the weather wasn’t too bad. We got there early so had a few hours without rain. Was so impressed at the organization, 80,000 people there yesterday and it worked like clockwork.

So sorry with what you have to put up with Satz :hug::hug: Notice some Doctors/Consultants have started doing that confirmation by text thing here RC in the last year. Pain . Doing drop off at airport again this morning. Hubby off fishing for week. Then have crochet so happy days, will probably come home, feet up and crochet for the evening. Big change from when having the house to myself was an excuse to drink to oblivion. Really feeling gratitude these days for the alcohol free lifestyle. Happy Friday :yay:

Comment

Good morning--Rustop that sounds fabulous the weather must have really improved for you.

Nice to see you back Satz and still loving Greece (me too) Shame about the boy/son it must be so frustrating.

R.C --We get those texts from Doctors/hospitals/dentists/physios usually cancelling!

Off for a run before Mr A wakes up.

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                                Big change from when having the house to myself was an excuse to drink to oblivion. Really feeling gratitude these days for the alcohol free lifestyle. Happy Friday :yay:
                                :yay:
                                Just wondering Rusty - does hubby & family know ? Do they see the difference in you ?
                                Or did you just drink when alone ?

Comment

Working...
                                X