Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: April Army Thread 2019

Morning All,
    Enjoying another amazing long weekend here. Just decided not to put the pressure on with one of my extensive lists of things to do. Got to say it's working well and I'm still getting stuff done, but in a pleasant way without the military feel to it.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SATZ!!!!

I won't ask how many you are...
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Evening..
      I think the wind is supposed to pickup tonight Rustop. Eldest is camping :egad:
      Hope the decorators got stuck in today [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]!

Another going away party in work tonight, I didnt even bother to offer an excuse. Id prefer to stick pins in my eyes than to be in town right now, in a smelly pub with no chairs and loud music, surrounded by drunk people..
      Last edited by IamMary; April 26, 2019, 06:06 PM.
      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
        Morning All,
        Enjoying another amazing long weekend here. Just decided not to put the pressure on with one of my extensive lists of things to do. Got to say it's working well and I'm still getting stuff done, but in a pleasant way without the military feel to it.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SATZ!!!!

I won't ask how many you are...
        Wave Bridge, enjoy your list free day, off to nod land..

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
          Evening..

Another going away party in work tonight, I didnt even bother to offer an excuse. Id prefer to stick pins in my eyes than to be in town right now, in a smelly pub with no chairs and loud music, surrounded by drunk people..
          God YUCK!!! There is nothing appealing in that at all. I never did like it.
          Enjoy the land of nod and see you on the flip side.

JC I hope you don't have to hide in the back room for too long. Know how you feel.
          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning,
            [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]
            Survived the back bedroom.........many magazines, a teeny TV, and some embroidery..........but I was sooooooooooooooooooooooo bored. Unfortunately, Bess hogged the bed settee, but she was lucky and full of xanax (procured from her vet).
            I had the ubiquitous IKEA chair which has now got a very good mold of my backside now.
            POANG Armchair Oak veneer/knisa light beige - IKEA
            And we wash and repeat on Monday.
            Got to say the decorator is lovely and very comfortable to be around.

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]...........just saw the storms your way. :egad:

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].....hope you like your pressie.

Does anyone know if Arsey's running the London Marathon tomorrow??
            Last edited by JackieClaire; April 27, 2019, 03:10 AM.
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I love my Doggie book JC - you are so thoughtful :hug:

Just finishing a book by this lady you recommended too :

51o2CpzksEL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                I had the ubiquitous IKEA chair which has now got a very good mold of my backside now.
                POANG Armchair Oak veneer/knisa light beige - IKEA

Does anyone know if Arsey's running the London Marathon tomorrow??
                I like that chair JC.. what room is it in?
                I dont remember Arsey mentioning doing the London Marathon.

Doing a national relay race tomorrow (for the mature), teams of 3. We are all shitting ourselves, its way out of our league and comfort zone. If happily run the marathon in a tutu if I could get out of this...
                on the flip side, I would not have dared consider it, if i was still drinking.. so feck it, nothing to lose.

Theres a chance Rustop lost electricity, good few homes still out, although I think it was more on the west coast. It was wild here last night!!

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                  I love my Doggie book JC - you are so thoughtful :hug:

Just finishing a book by this lady you recommended too :

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4763[/ATTACH]
                  Any good? Use BorrowBox and had a list of best sellers, etc. still awaiting Michelle Obama one but got Lullaby, hated it, Full house but got hill walk in so happy camper. Don’t remember RC mentioning marathon. Speaking of marathons, where is Anon? Have not heard from her in ages or Sweetie. Check in if you get a chance. Off to bed, full day tomorrow.

Comment

Cross posted there Mary. Did not loose power but 68km on hills this afternoon, challenging. Good luck tomorrow l

Comment

@ satz123........I'm so glad you like it. I got it as Christmas present for Mr. JC and it makes him tearful.
                      I :heartbeat: Jan Fennel. She makes a lot of sense.
                      [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]..,........its normally in the conservatory but they're really easy to move. So used at Christmas and family gatherings.
                      I can drag it in the garden on nice days.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Ooops cross-post [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION].........he did it last year and assumed he was mad enough to do it again.

Had a few texts with Mrs A on the anniversary of the Hillsborough disaster...she's good and still funny. I'm sure she won't mind me sharing but Mr A's cancer's gone but the treatments been a bit rough on him.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning All-comers,
                          Little neice is staying with us last night. Very funny evening was had. She is a real little piece. Of course the first thing she did was plough headlong into a heavy piece of furniture while dancing to the Wiggles and bruise her cheek. Mother will be thrilled.

Off to see the parents today then I think I'll finish up my lovely stretch of days off in the garden.
                          Back to the salt mine tomorrow. Around about the time that JC barricades herself back into the rear bedroom with her IKEA chair and Black Bess.
                          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Good morning everyone. Glad you enjoyed your niece Bridget, what age is she? Up early as setting off for a full day in the hills, beautiful Glendalough. Looks like the wind has gone and hopefully it will not rain. Better make my packed lunch, have a lovely Sunday everyone.

Comment

Morning,
                              [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]............if I'd come home from my favourite Aunt clean and tidy......my mum would have got very suspicious of what I had been up to or what had happened.
                              I got a new jewelry box for Chrimbo and last night finally trawled through my old one. Anyone want a squillion cheap earrings including novelty Christmas ones, bangles of various sizes and a mangled pile of chains.............
                              however did find the opal pendant that Mr. JC gave me for our 30th wedding anniversary (honestly thought it was lost in all the refurb crap) and my Mum's pearls...clasp is broken but they'll be absolutely perfect for my wedding outfit, will get to the jewellers toot sweet to get mended.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

...looks like Mr JC's dislocated his right hip..........the one he had replaced in 2013.....we've spoken to the hospital and just waiting for an ambulance....
                                He's sat upstairs in a rather awkward position with his two best mates having a laugh while my heart is banging so hard they'll be able to hear me in Sydney.
                                I'm packing his bag and searching for my big girl pants.
                                And breathe.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X