Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: April Army Thread 2019

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
    ...looks like Mr JC's dislocated his right hip..........the one he had replaced in 2013.....we've spoken to the hospital and just waiting for an ambulance....
    He's sat upstairs in a rather awkward position with his two best mates having a laugh while my heart is banging so hard they'll be able to hear me in Sydney.
    I'm packing his bag and searching for my big girl pants.
    And breathe.
    OMG !! Now relax Jackser he's a big boy and they'll fix him up. How did he manage that - should I ask ?
    I hope he'll get relocated (sorry Mr JC) :hug:

Comment

...looks like Mr JC's dislocated his right hip..........the one he had replaced in 2013.....we've spoken to the hospital and just waiting for an ambulance....
      He's sat upstairs in a rather awkward position with his two best mates having a laugh while my heart is banging so hard they'll be able to hear me in Sydney.
      I'm packing his bag and searching for my big girl pants.
      And breathe.
      Oh no, that sounds painful! What happens now, how do they get it back into place?
      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
        OMG !! Now relax Jackser he's a big boy and they'll fix him up. How did he manage that - should I ask ?
        I hope he'll get relocated (sorry Mr JC) :hug:
        I'll give him that but gently.

He'd just got out of the shower and was drying his leg, went to put his foot down and bingo. Luckily the neighbours were in so we got him shifted into the bedroom. He's surrounded by pillows as he can't lie down or sit up. The lads are still with him and he's laughing and joking but I know he's in pain. With the best will in the world we can't move him or we'd have shoved in next door's car hence the ambulance which we're still waiting for.
        He'll be fine, I know he will.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
          Oh no, that sounds painful! What happens now, how do they get it back into place?
          I wish I knew...he's due a replacement on the replacement so might decide to go ahead and do it now.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Are you still waiting for an ambulance JC? How long does it normally take?

Comment

Is this a very late night lurk or a very early morning lurk???

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
              Are you still waiting for an ambulance JC? How long does it normally take?
              Depends on the emergency.
              Funnily they turned up just about 15 mins after your post.

He was triaged, x-rayed.......... bit of a wait in the corridor and then told he'd dislocated his hip. About an hour ago they decided to manually pop his back in (after much sedation and pain relief ) if it works he'll be home later today or Tuesday........if not he's back to his hip surgeon but that's a whole new kettle of fish.
              I wasn't allowed to hang around so got back not too long ago.

Now I can go and take my big girl act off and have a bit cry.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning all.

Jax I am so sorry about Mr JC that must be very very painful. I do hope that he is feeling much better today and the relocation has worked. When you say he is due for a replacement of the replacement does that mean the hip from 2013 needs changing? I thought they lasted much longer than that? Big hugs it must be very stressful for you.

Sorry Satzy, I missed your birthday. I do hope that you had a good one.

We had a lovely holiday, weather perfect and lots of walking done. Back to work today and lots to catch up on I expect. I see the consultant about my hip on Thurs. Cannot wait

Have a good one all

Comment

Proper good morning,
                  Hip back where it should be. Took them two attempts but he was full of morphine & midazolam (I looked it up and its yummy) and barring he's disaster coming home later today and back to work Wednesday.
                  He gave a huge sigh when it clunked in...........just as well I was at home or I'd have fainted away.
                  The average lifetime of a new hip is about 10 years plus. Depends on how active you are.
                  Just waiting for occupational therapy to bring him some gadgets like a raised toilet seat, and we might need blocks for his chair and then our next door neighbour is taking me to pick him up. Fingers crossed.
                  Sounds like a beautiful week, Starty. I'm glad you enjoyed it. And listen if you do need a hip replacement Mr. JC was overjoyed at the lack of pain and mobility he had after just the first week. This was just a freak thing that happened.

Last night showed the NHS at its very best.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Glad hubs is ok Jackie
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Proper good morning,
                      Hip back where it should be. Took them two attempts but he was full of morphine & midazolam (I looked it up and its yummy) and barring he's disaster coming home later today and back to work Wednesday.
                      He gave a huge sigh when it clunked in...........just as well I was at home or I'd have fainted away.
                      The average lifetime of a new hip is about 10 years plus. Depends on how active you are.
                      Just waiting for occupational therapy to bring him some gadgets like a raised toilet seat, and we might need blocks for his chair and then our next door neighbour is taking me to pick him up. Fingers crossed.
                      Sounds like a beautiful week, Starty. I'm glad you enjoyed it. And listen if you do need a hip replacement Mr. JC was overjoyed at the lack of pain and mobility he had after just the first week. This was just a freak thing that happened.

Last night showed the NHS at its very best.

Just in from work.:hug: JC, am so glad all turned out o.k, bit of a fright though. Good to see you back Starty and delighted you had a nice time. Can’t beat a good walk. Need food as long day in work,back in a bit.

Comment

Great news about MrJC [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]. Nothing like a bit of monday night action to kick start the week!
                        Nothing quite as thrilling here. Work, cooked, taxied, cleaned and tidied. Living the dream well actually there's no sarcasm there, even the most mundane days are way better that those that were mostly focused on getting to pour the first glass of wine.

Its all hips this week, good to see you back [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]!

Comment

She's two, Rustop, and a bit of a handful. To wit:

She had locked her father out of the house and was running a rantan inside while he waited for help.

JC, I can't believe that! Is he home again? God but that would be painful, Morphine notwithstanding.
                          If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Marnin all!

bridgey, couldnt open the attachment. You are a brave lady looking after toddler!

I am glad Mr JC is back in the land of the living with a good hip once again!

Walking is my salvation Rustop. I love it. It irks me that it can be so uncomfortable. Worrying about seeing the consultant a bit in case he thinks I am a malingerer I know it is not as bad as many people have to suffer but I am aware of it every day and it ranges from uncomfortable to painful mulitiple times per day. Anyway this is the year for getting stuff sorted I think

Have a great day all

Comment

Morning.
                              First things first.
                              [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]........please, please don't think you're malingering. Don't know when you see your consultant but write those symptoms down on a bit of paper.......if you can give him or her the times, places and a pain scale. Mr JC hid his pain for years as he thought he was too young ( started about his mid 40's) and didn't want to waste NHS money. He was gobbling down ibuprofen.......the pain was reaching his neck, back and he sort of swayed when he walked. No way to live.

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]........they don't mess about with the beds as long as there's support at home.

We're very, very lucky with our neighbours........can't believe its 33 years ago we found this house and between four houses we've seen births, deaths, marriages, retirements,christenings and more. While I ran round like a headless chicken on Sunday two of the lads gave up watching the 5th episode of Line of Duty :egad: and sat with him and supported his back and kept him going with endless piss-taking. If you'd seen me and the bloke next door trying to manouvre a 6'4" man into the back of his car yesterday afternoon.......you'd have cried laughing.

He's back to work tomorrow. Many lifts have been offered and accepted.

Today I've got to nip into the ward he was on and pick up his wallet.......no money in it. Just cards and pictures..........but more importantly got to go Marks and Spencers to get him some new under-dogs. Do men not have any concept of what's under their clothing?? The present ones he's got look like he got them out of a skip.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

get him some new under-dogs. Do men not have any concept of what's under their clothing?? The present ones he's got look like he got them out of a skip.
                                :hahaha:

They do : but don't care & all the other men care even less - so they are all happy :haha:

Comment

Working...
                                X