Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: April Army Thread 2019

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
    [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], my hope is that I would have the strength to do what you are doing. It must be so hard, especially if your husband isn’t fully supportive:hug:.
    And the really sad thing is he's trying to put a normal slant on things .... like texting me he's mowing the lawn, writing, cooking etc.
    Says he's interviewing for a magazine tomorrow when I know he's can't possibly - not in the unkempt state he's let himself get into.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
      And the really sad thing is he's trying to put a normal slant on things .... like texting me he's mowing the lawn, writing, cooking etc.
      Says he's interviewing for a magazine tomorrow when I know he's can't possibly - not in the unkempt state he's let himself get into.
      Well done Satz, you need this. And maybe he will drink himself stupid every night and finally hit 'his' rock bottom or maybe this freedom will be the making of him. And maybe when he finally gets it together, he'll write a best seller and inspire others coming behind him :love:

[MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], are you all tuned up and sorted now for the foreseeable? Is it making a huge difference?

A few teenage tantrums here this week. Very grateful I do not drink. I dont think Id have the confidence or strength for these negotiations. Yiz never told me how hard these years are, oh wise ones!
      Last edited by IamMary; April 24, 2019, 05:27 PM.
      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning,
        First things first.
        For the birthday girl.

Make it a good one.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Second things second.
          [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]..........I can identify with YS so much...........I just about ran to the door seeking praise when Mr JC came in from work and I'd ironed his shirts/made the dinner/managed not to be passed out on the settee. Its so very sad but he has to do this on his own........but he's not alone there are squillions of us out there willing to help.........he has to find that courage to ask and he will. Being on his own, getting to his own rock bottom will be the making of him.
          Your situation breaks my heart as I now know what Mr JC went through as we can now talk openly about it.

Today's your own unique day. Enjoy it. :heartbeat:
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Three in a row.
            [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]....the ear trumpets do make a difference.........its very subtle though. I'm not likely to go stone deaf I'm only at about 30% hearing loss.

I'm off to get some pictures framed and the two cushions covers made up of the tapestries I've done for the wedding..........only 106 days to go :egad:

Painter and decorator for the kitchen coming tomorrow so we'll be living on take outs and cheese toasties for a couple of days.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
              So indoctrinated Biddie - a weekend of actual hot SUNSHINE here is an excuse even for those like YS who doesn't even work.
              Sunshine is one of the great excuses to drink outdoors & during the day - which of course we all know is ok - unlike opening a bottle in the house....

I heard comments all day yesterday:

"off home to open the wine in the garden"
              "need to get to the off-licence"
              "my wine is in the fridge"
              "off now to a beer garden"
              "WOW - there'll be some hangovers tomorrow"

Mr S is like a lunatic
              For him Sunshine = beer outdoors DURING THE DAY :egad:
              I have a family member who works in a bottle shop. They are run off their feet when the weather is good. Kind of amuses me really. Got to say, I could drink in any weather :harhar:
              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Satz!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Happy birthday Satz, hope you are having a fab day. Such a change in the weather and I believe there is a storm on the way. Have house guests so this is just a quick check in as I wanted to wish Satz happy birthday.

Comment

thank you cowboy !!!

Comment

& rustyhead

Comment

Happy birthday [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]

AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning,
                          [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]....hope you had a good day yesterday.

I only drank on days with a Y in them.

Just drumming my fingers waiting for the decorator...........taking myself + Bess + crochet + sewing+ crosswords to the back bedroom for duration. I'm not as anxious as usual but its still there.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Happy Birthday Satz!! Hope you had a fun day and treated yourself to something nice
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Evening everyone. Hope the decorators came JC, bet you will be glad when it is all over. Storm Hannah promised tonight but don’t think we will get the worst of it. Still have visitors so hoping we do not loose power.

Comment

Belated Happy Birthday to you, Satz!:applouse:

Comment

Working...
                                X