X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: May 2019 Army Thread 2019

Evening,
    Poor Jenny..

Thats a good call [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]. Everyone you talk to will have a different opinion, best go to the expert.

Had one of those days, didn't sleep properly, eat properly, busy at work. Driving home I felt like shit and it occurred to me that this used to be my default state. The difference being, I was not obsessing about how soon I could get a few glasses of wine into me to take the edge off, feel normal.
    Today will pass, those days seemed to have no ending.

On that note, looking forward to my snooze, night folks :sleeping:
    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning,
      Apologies from me as I feel like I've been a proper gloom monster recently so going to put my gratitude hat on for the foreseeable future Think its to do with thinking about my Dad. He was just lovely and wouldn't want me to be like this.
      I may complain about the weather though although it seems to look good for the weekend.
      Jenny's fine............she unloaded on her Mum and got on with it. Just as well she lives 100 miles away because sometimes I could throttle her.
      Took myself off to get my nails done and a wee pootle around town. Its half term, there are 8 squillion children out there even that didn't break my good mood.
      [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]...........bit of self-care for you this weekend.
      [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].....where are you? Just finished series 6 of Wentworth..........its very dark.
      [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]..wonder how you're getting on in Spain with the heat and the crochet.
      [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION].......well I never did VAT of the bed linen etc. Wonder what else me and Mr JC can claim for
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Sorry getting lazy .... [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] move on now to 'Virtues' Channel 4 ... excellent.
        I've rarely seen such good acting - it's almost like a documentary. His relapse is terrifying. ( but I couldn't understand how he wasn't 'gumming' for another drink immediately next day )....
        [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] very positive thoughts there. It's what it's all about

Comment

Sending lots of positive thoughts and hopefully sun all your way. Absolutely beautiful here, warm but lovely breeze. Crocheting going good and hopefully will get some nice walks by the sea in. WiFi terrible so hope this gets through.

Comment

We hear you Rustop and we are all jealous!!
            I just looked up a trailer for The Virtues [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], looks really good, reviews are excellent. Can you watch back episodes from sky? I dont think so.

Good for you getting the nails done [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]. I bet your Dad loves to see you smiling and happy :hug:

2 of mine are off camping tomorrow so its going to be a quite house (I cant wait!). I'll miss them.
            Kittens are great, little fluffy balls of fun:happy2:

Comment

The Virtues is very good. Quite hard to watch though with the suggestion of abuse and and absolute destruction that alc causes. Compulsive viewing

Rustop that sounds sublime, good company, hobbies and sunshine. Yep jealous.

Enjoy your peace Mary. I am always grateful for the peace in our house.

Gratitude is a great idea Jax. No matter what we have going on we can always find stuff to be grateful for. I sometimes just write a list down if I am feeling a bit shitty. It helps.

Latest in the hip debacle. Before I started having a wobble about having the op I had thought that Monday 8th July would be a good date to have the op. Mat girl would be on her way back from her hols. It was a Monday so surgeon would be fresh and not knackered from teh week and Mr S can take leave as his opposite colleague was in. Then started with the indecisiveness and decided to have further consult. Anyhoo yesterday a big envelope dropped through the door giving all my admission details, pre op assessment and physio and the date they had bood for the op was 8th July!!!! How spooky is that! I had not told the surgeons secretary, the hospital or the insurance co that I was even going to book let alone when. Anyway, seeing it as a sign that maybe I should go ahead.

Off for a walk with my friend this morning at 7 am as its going to be quite warm later on

Comment

Morning,
                [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]..........serendipity comes to mind. And just think all those lovely sunny days (well if they're not sunny at least it'll be warmer & lighter) to do your recovery. I'll get you Mr JC's number to you for when you're feeling wobbly.

Off in a mo to get the recall mammasquash. Put my new trousers and top I got from my SIL for my birthday. Nails done, make-up done, vapes filled...........bring it on.
                :thumbsup:
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Yes, I thought a bit of divine intervention was in the air too!

Good luck with the mammo! I am sure you will be fine so let us know asap xx

Comment

I'm glad you're getting the op done Start,my heart kinda sank when I read you were having second thoughts,I've had so many customers get it done and they're out walking around like 20 year olds a few weeks later,pain free! It was so sad to see some of them hobbling around and looking tired and now they just look so fresh and youthful,I'm happy to read this yay waves to all the Army
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Awww Pauly you have made my day! Thank you! That indecision is horrible and I am still going to have another chat with surgeon but I am almost certainly going to get it done. Having stories like yours make me even more determined

Comment

Well, they found something suspicious and took a biopsy. I'll know if its sinister within the next few days. I wouldn't have found it by self-examination so thank goodness for our breast screening service. Got a very sore left boob with a big dressing and trouble is because of the dressing I can't have a shower or bath 'til Monday..........so stand up wind from me to avoid the pong.
                        I won't be going to get my hat as the seat belt of the car goes straight across the biopsy area and it isn't half sore.
                        I feel remarkably calm, mainly because of the fabulous nurses and doctor in the unit......... Its all in the lap of the gods now.

[MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]...........waves to you. I know Mr JC after his hip replacement was amazed to be so pain-free.
                        Last edited by JackieClaire; May 31, 2019, 06:25 PM.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I hope everything is ok with the biopsy Jackie:hug: better to be on the safe side and have it checked for sure
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Well done to the 2 ladies [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION] & [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]
                            Starts go for it - [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] says - then move on with your life .... you don't want it hanging over you ....
                            Jacks you are a brave lady .... but you'll be fine I'm sure :hug:

Comment

Evening,
                              Great that you get the results quickly [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] and Im glad your calm. Apparently 97% of the things we worry about never actually happen. Thats good odds.
                              [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION], good call, you couldnt not with the stars all lined up in your favour! You actually sound like its a weight off your shoulder making that decision.

Good to see you [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]!

Lovely quiet house. Lots of wind for drying and I (mostly) dont have to be anywhere..bliss.

Comment

Hello Poppets,
                                I'm going to dot point this and then move on:

Courtcase over
                                All charges dropped before trial proceded
                                18 months of utter hell for absolutely nothing but a face full of lies
                                Resisted drinking until after case dismissal
                                Completely lost my shit
                                Went on a five day bender
                                Pulled self up, dusted self off
                                Took leave and locked self away to sober up
                                Two weeks sober on Monday
                                That is all.

Now I see that you have a scare happening there JC. I won't say 'don't worry' because that is absurd but most are OK in the end. When are your results due?

Right. Looks like I've got some reading back to do.
                                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                                X