Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: May 2019 Army Thread 2019

Morning,

[MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]..............Mr JC would say tomorrow, even though he's had this hiccup.
    Soon as you can. Has the surgeon given you a plan for aftercare? Its summer coming up and you'll feel more inclined to do the physio needed. Mr JC stuck to his religiously which meant he was back driving, walking without sticks and at work sooner rather than trying to rush it. We had to have a home visit to see what aids were needed and what home support he had.
    [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION].............how will you be able to give the wee one back?
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post

Got the auth for op :egad: now just got to book a date. When is a good time to have a hip replacement???? This is stressing me ray:
      Right time ? NOW Starts - as soon a possible so that you can start living pain free..
      If you are worrying about that job again - stop it - they will have to survive 'till you get back....

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post

Was daughters birthday yesterday so we went out for dinner and I drove. It’s great the freedom it gives like that. Have tiny, tiny foster pup here at the moment. Very cute but like having a baby.
        Where do you foster for Rusty ? I am going to get a rescue after my holidays in June. Rosie needs a playmate - that isn't me :haha:
        If you come across a Cavachon or similar - give me a shout !!

Comment

2 years is fab Rustop. And look at you now. Wonderful. I would love to foster. Well done you for doing that, its a very hard job. Is your foster a Chi?

Yes Mr S will need to take time off while I am in hospital to look after the doggers and hopefully a bit of time after if poss. Nothing mentioned about aftercare. I was rather hoping I could just get on with it?

Work have said they will do everything they can to support which is nice. Have had a hell of a week this week, bloody team members crying and acting out. Very stressful and trying to relax about the op. Nearly said I dont want it done today as I do get good days with it, I begin to imagine its not that bad....until it is then I get depressed. Overwhelming at the mo

Comment

[MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION], darling. Just read out your post to Mr JC. As I said inbox him on FB...........he's got a better memory than me........I just ran around like a headless chicken panicking. You really need to talk to your surgeon or even your GP or practice nurse. Sounds like this surgeon told you fuck all. Its made me cross.
            Hip replacement - Recovery - NHS
            Its not going to hopping and skipping after a couple of days off work.
            To put it bluntly six weeks out of your life is nothing compared to a lifetime of pain or worse.
            Sorry got sketchy internet.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION], as everyone said, get it out of the way as soon as possible. Weather is picking up now, it will be much nicer to recover in the sunshine, building up your walks.
              Had a quick look at JCs link, you definitely wont be going straight back to work, but it will boost your sex live so you cant argue with that :haha:

Well done fostering the little pub [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]. Who'll mind it when you go to Spain?

Our kittens are ready to take home this weekend. We also have a communion that suddenly nobody want to go to..
              AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Thought I'd pop in and say [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]. I'm not cross with you just the lack info you've been given.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Ahh guys thank you so much. No, I never thought you were angry with me Jax :haha:

I agree with everything you all say. However since I got the authorisation to go ahead my hip has felt better :egad: and it is so confusing. I keep arguing with myself whether it is the right thing to do so now exhausted. Mary you may have just swung it :haha:

Did Mr JC have days where he felt better?

Comment

Morning,

Originally posted by starty View Post
                    Did Mr JC have days where he felt better?
                    Of course, he did. Which meant he kept putting off seeing his doctor. Without realizing that he was relying on his good leg more and more.......hence the sort of swaying walk. He's lucky to have got away with just the one new hip.
                    Get ceramic not metal...the metal ones send off the security at airports..........its a right bother.
                    My uncle had two knee metal replacements and it was a right bother at security every time they went abroad. So much so he automatically used roll his trousers up before he went through. My Aunt used to laugh into her handbag at face of the people in the queue.

Right on with the day.........not a good start still got a rumby tummy and had a massive panic attack. Such fun!!!!
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Oh no! What caused the panic attack???

Mr S went for his check up at the eye hospital. Apparently he is something of a conundrum. They cannot believe how well he is seeing. The surgeon said if he could get his results on all his patients he would have them queuing for miles!

Comment

Evening,
                        When do your panic attacks usually happen [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]? When your out and about? Was it out of the blue?

Go for it [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]. Listen to JC, she knows what shes talking out. Read back here or texts to Mr S when you were in pain. It doesn't cure itself (or maybe it does, what do I know!).

Work, cook, clean, run, drop, pickup, bark orders. Another sober day done. :check:
                        Last edited by IamMary; May 23, 2019, 04:50 PM.
                        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Night all. Hope you are ok JC? Busy day but like Mary another sober day done and for that I am grateful.

Comment

Morning,
                            As a totally unqualified hip replacement advisor .........but knows quite a lot.......it doesn't grow back. Its wear and tear.
                            Mr JC sees his consultant this afternoon. The consultant likes to chat so it'll be midnight before Mr JC gets back.
                            We did have thought that lots of normal people dislocate knees, hips, elbows. We were talking about someone we know dislocating his shoulder lifting a box. :egad:

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION].....after nearly four weeks ready to give my verdict on the snoring strips............... 9 and a half out of 10. Its been bliss.
                            Snoreeze Snoring Relief Oral Strips - 14 Applications - Boots

The panic attack. Can only think its been a lack of self-care. I've been worried sick about himself. I'm not been sleeping or eating properly.
                            He's fine and I've been carrying the anxiety for both of us. It was bound to pop out somewhere. Its prolly another case of who cares for the carer.

Off up to the shops in a while to get some sandals............nearly bought some the other day but it made my stomach roll watching people try them on in bare feet .........I know, I know that's how sandals are worn but would you try on a swimming costume on without knickers on.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning. That’s good to know JC, will put on shopping list. Good dose of self care prescribed, start with the Sandles. . I bought a pair the other day, shop had a box of those nylon socks, have to say don’t like feet either. It’s daughter who is fostering, I only help out. She brings to work with her most days. All mutts of unknown origins but very cute. Need to go buy food.

Comment

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]....How many sleeps 'til Spain? He can snore to the nth degree while you're away, save the strips 'til you get back

Mr JC back from his consultant........one of those things. Unusual but it can happen.

I've had a recall from my mammogram. Go back next Friday. Sorry, I feel like shit.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X