May 2019 Army Thread 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: May 2019 Army Thread 2019

Working from home :banana-computer: got the bug. Its actually not that bad, but I didn't want to spread the love in work. Nice and peaceful here for a change.

Great news Rustop! Focus on Jenny now :happy2: Shes probably done a lot of the usual places [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] and panic is setting in?? any interesting boutiques out your way? I find some of them surprisingly reasonable (or else I find a way to justify my spend - the investment piece!). What about 2nd hand shops in the very well heeled areas? Or a rental? or getting something made or altered? Sometimes they work out just as expensive.. Its hard because its only for 1 day, but the photos will be on a wall somewhere forever!!

Enjoy the hikes Starty and Rustop. Any date for the hip replacement [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]?
    Might have to miss my run later, so Im jealous :grr:
    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning all. Lovely that you can WFH Mary. I used to do that when my mum and my dog had cancer at the same time and I was run ragged trying to cope with it all. It was such a relief to be able to do that.

Spoke to ins co last night and they have said they dont see any issues with auth and should confirm Monday. So I guess next step is setting the date :egad:

Hope the trip home was OK Jax.

Its 5.05am and orf to Tesco :haha:

Comment

Morning.
        Your up early Starty! I know your an early bird.
        Hope [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION] doing ok. Check in missus for a wave and tell us 'you' are good or otherwise.

Rustop is probably half way up Maumtrasna (I think she said?) now.. Sun is shining over here, so hopefully your having a good day for it.

Might chance a run this morning. So far my porridge has staying put, bit of gurgling, but its going no where.

Welcome home again [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], I bet it was lovely coming home to your new house. I enjoy going away, but I love coming home more.

Saturday morning, the head is clear and the body is not suffering from yesterdays bottles of wine (mild remains of a stomach bug, but that's temporary:happy2. No guilt, no piecing together last nights events, no planning the next glass/bottle/bottles. A paralysing weight lifted.
        Enjoy your saturday!

Back later...

Comment

PS [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION], great news on the hip! could it be weeks or months that your looking at?

Comment

Have a little tour around where we stayed while I get my coffee and wake up.
            Abbey View, Kelso – Updated 219 Prices
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]........journey home was lovely and short.
              Think this is the last year for going up to Loch Awe (August this year)........my back just can't take long journeys anymore and that's a 5+ hour drive.

Its Mr JC's hip-replacement 6 years old today. We'll have to get it a cake. Despite the last couple of weeks faffing about its made so much difference for the better.
              He's seeing his surgeon this Friday .........he gets a checkup every year. The surgeon's always fascinated with Mr JC as he'd never done one on someone so tall (Mr JC's 6'4").

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]....we shelved the re-furb for a few weeks. Just catching our breath for the big push of the stairs and landing and getting the kitchen decorating finished.
              Please slap me silly with a wet dishcloth if I ever even mention even painting the skirting boards.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].....you've gone quiet, pet.
              [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]..........a little wave,please.

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]..........I remember lying in bed on a Saturday morning wondering how soon it would be 'suitable' to have a drink. Although many times I was getting up at 3/4am and chucking a sneaky couple of shots down so I didn't come downstairs with the shakes.
              What a way to live.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Going for three in a row.......is there a prize
                Jenny's going through her first year of her pupils doing the first set of big exams and beyond stressed with that. It'll keep her mind off the outfit.
                Hiring might be an idea but she's was and still is beyond clumsy. Got visions of a huge red wine stain on the front and she'd have dropped beetroot in her lap.
                But the charity shop idea is a good one. The stuff we get in is amazing.
                Funnily enough, while we were away I picked up a sweet little Laura Ashley jacket for a £5. That'll do a good few summers.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I'm here :checkin:
                  This is my working weekend - so the usual darkened room when I get home.
                  Rosie is waiting to welcome me in the porch and her whole body wags - she's so sweet - I want to eat her.:heart:
                  ( of course a whole day with MrS watching racing, football, betting on flies racing up the wall - no wonder she's glad to see someone :haha: )
                  10 minutes on the couch catching up with her and she's off again - mooching for grub - or wanting to play...

[MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] Tell Jenny to get herself on line - House of Fraser was bought by Sports Direct & always seem to be selling off the posh stuff .... French connection etc. She'll pick up a dress no bother

Comment

Quick check in from me. Climbed the mountain so nackered.com. Lots of cloud cover on top but what we did see on the way was beautiful. Need food and a read back.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post

[MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] Tell Jenny to get herself on line - House of Fraser was bought by Sports Direct & always seem to be selling off the posh stuff .... French connection etc. She'll pick up a dress no bother
                      Well thats good to know!
                      I got to a sample sale last week, great for picking up stuff in the shops for a fraction of the price.
                      Honestly, with all the wear the occasional dresses get, there has to be loads floating around. Tell her to put an ad somewhere :haha:

Well done Rustop!! you are probably already asleep.

You can paint my skirting [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] - which is not the same as painting yours :happy2:
                      Lovely spot you stayed in, good find!!
                      Last edited by IamMary; May 18, 2019, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Morning,
                        Jenny and the BF and Buddy arrived last night. They were going to a Eurovision party while we dog sat. Luckily they went as Australia not the UK. BTW well done on 9th place.
                        I now have a half-deflated kangaroo in the bathroom and an Australian flag sticking out of the washing basket. Presumably, they've gone to bed in their cork swinging hats.
                        Buddy has us driven demented. .......he's now chewing the peg bag........we've now given up shouting NO, PUT THAT DOWN, WHAT'S THAT IN YOUR MOUTH, JUST GIVE IT TO ME.
                        Will give H of F a go. Debenhams have some half decent stuff in.
                        The visitors awake and Jenny's lost her phone.......again......silently screaming inside.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Afternoon all. Just back from the west, can feel I have done something but not in bad shape. Feel much better about my hiking in the summer now. It is worse than having a toddler JC, have had numerous rescue puppies here in the last year and that’s exactly what I sounded like. Bit like the kids, lovely to see them but not broken hearted to wave them off. Need to take my fur babies on a short walk now after being in the car for over 3 hours.

Comment

Its the people that would annoy me more than the pups :haha: Little tolerance for two legged specimens Im afraid. Nice work on the walking Rustop. I have been on a longish hike myself and it was lovely out there.

Do you foster for a charity Rustop?

Comment

Does it make a difference doing a hip on a tall person? Hopefully you will find out why it dislocated on Friday

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                                I got to a sample sale last week, great for picking up stuff in the shops for a fraction of the price.
                                Here Mers - wouldya not tell yer virtual friends about the sample sale ?
                                A bit mé féinish don't ya think ?
                                :cuss:

Just spotted your signature Mers .............
                                IMAGINE you are 4 : like FOUR years sober this year - that's just MAD !!! :egad:
                                Last edited by satz123; May 19, 2019, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X