May 2019 Army Thread 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: May 2019 Army Thread 2019

Sorry to hear about teh recall Jax, it is worrying. Are you able to ask why they are recalling you?

Comment

I’ve had a recall too JC. Horrible but once they did ultrasound was nothing and they just marked it for the future reference. Fingers crossed. Long day so just watching crap tv and crocheting. Night everyone.

Comment

Evening,
        Id say they have to be over precautious with mamagrams, dont be worrying [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION].
        I know, easy to say that. If we could switch of the worry emotion, life would be a lot easier.

Id love new sandals but lost most of my toenails before or during the marathon and they are growing back horrendously. Its impossible to find a decent closed toe sandal, preferably white, platform/wedge with height and comfort, in white - but Im not fussy :happy2:

Kittens moving in tomorrow - youngest couldnt sleep, its like christmas eve here.
        Last edited by IamMary; May 24, 2019, 05:39 PM.
        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

running and horses have wrecked my toenails too. I just paint them and hope that most people are short sighted. I did try false toenails which looked lovely until my dog trod on my foot ripping off the nail with my real nail underneath :egad:

Comment

[MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]..........it doesn't say why in the recall letter.....
            To quote the letter 'Some people who come for breast screening need further tests before we can give the screening result' then a load of blurb about not using talcum powder or deoderant and I'll be there between 2-4 hours depending on results and can bring a friend or family member for support.
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
              [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]..........it doesn't say why in the recall letter.....
              To quote the letter 'Some people who come for breast screening need further tests before we can give the screening result' then a load of blurb about not using talcum powder or deoderant and I'll be there between 2-4 hours depending on results and can bring a friend or family member for support.
              I had a recall too JAcks - turned out to be grizzle - story of my life. :haha: So do not worry until it's confirmed that it's a lump of fat or they didn't just 'lose' the test result.

Comment

I have had a few lumps and bumps turned out to be nowt but cysts. Had all the tests and was scary until they could confirm and drain them. My boobs look like swiss cheese on ultrasound. I am sure yours are fine too x

Comment

Meanwhile back at the ranch ... my bloods show underactive thyroid ( not new) & high cholesterol ( also not new) .
                  I've spent all morning going to my favourite alternative / natural healing sites & it turns out that it's all bollox - that the body make cholesterol in the liver to protect itself when there is inflammation. Much like an internal 'scab'.
                  If it high it's because of inflammation in the body and that is what we should be looking at & treating that problem - not just taking cholesterol lowering meds..

It's the dodgy research - funded by the industry - that made the first food / cholesterol connection & the processed food companies hitched onto it.
                  Eggs BAD : Butter BAD: all saturated fat BAD ........ just eat our processed food & take cholesterol lowering medication - you'll be grand
                  It makes me SOOOOOOO

Another rant over ........

Comment

I have familial high cholesterol I think. Mr S has high too. He was given statins but he binned them. They are not a good drug to take. What is your reading?

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
                      I have familial high cholesterol I think. Mr S has high too. He was given statins but he binned them. They are not a good drug to take. What is your reading?
                      Total: 6.16
                      HDL : 2.20
                      LDL : 3.56

Comment

Similar to mine. What are you going to do about it?

Comment

Makes you wonder how we survived childhood.
                          Sugar sandwiches, crisp sandwiches, proper dinner on a Sunday..........leftovers for the rest of the week.
                          And how come we have such an aging population..........obviously better health care but no fiddle-faddling about with whether it was fat-free, low sugar, good statins, bad statins when they were younger....does your head in.

I've had the whole breast examine thing before..........found a lump when the kids were younger. I'd me about 40.......I know what I going into. Mind you the needle they took the biopsy must have been at least a metre long (well that's what it felt like). ...nothing sinister......got a shake of the hand by the consulatant and told to enjoy myself...........so I went out and got hammered.
                          First time I've had a recall........just I've not felt anything.........I'm very breast aware.........best mate died of that buggering cancer 15 years ago........I made a promise to her.......that's prolly why I feel a little sick.
                          It could be worse, I could be filing.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
                            Similar to mine. What are you going to do about it?
                            Nothing Starty - it's been that for years.
                            From what I've learned it's not an issue.

Comment

I agree, I think if it was in the 9+s maybe. Also they tell folk these days 4 is the norm. Seems like pushing pills exercise to me

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                                Nothing Starty - it's been that for years.
                                From what I've learned it's not an issue.

Actually, there is a great deal of data linking higher cholesterol with lower mortality in older adults, especially women.

For everyone else, the links between high cholesterol and heart disease are weak or null.
                                And cancer incidence is higher with lower cholesterol.
                                Studies that look at one disease outcome but not others can be very misleading.

Sadly, we’ve (again) bought into some bad science.

The new BMJ review of high cholesterol and mortality in the elderly | The Science of Human Potential

https://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/bmjopen/6/6/e010401.full.pdf

Comment

Working...
                                X